Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,861 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:01 AM

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others (111001 Views)

PMB Appoints Secretary Gen Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs As JAMB Registrar / Buratai Visits Soldiers & UN Staff & Others Wounded By Boko Haram (Pics) / Uproar As Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by fretnot(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointments of Engr. Babachir David Lawal as Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Alhaji Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff to the President and Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (rtd.) as Comptroller-General Nigerian Customs Service (NCS).

The President has also approved the appointments of Mr. Kure Martin Abeshi -as Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service, Senator Ita S.J. Enang as SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Hon. Suleiman A. Kawu as SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives), a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina said on Thursday.

The appointments are with effect from today, August 27, 2015.

Engr. Lawal, the new Secretary to the Government of the Federation hails from Hong Local Government Area, Adamawa State. He graduated from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1979 with a Bachelor of Engineering Degree and worked with the Delta Steel Company, Aladja, Nigerian External Telecommunications Limited and Data Sciences Limited before establishing his own ICT and Telecommunications consulting firm in 1990.

He is also a member of the Nigeria Computer Society, the Nigeria Society of Engineers and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria.

Alhaji Abba Kyari, the new Chief of Staff to the President holds Bachelors and Masters Degrees from the University of Cambridge and the University of Warwick in Law and Sociology.

He has worked with the New Nigeria Development Company, New Africa Holdings, African International Bank, United Bank for Africa, Unilever, and Mobil in various capacities over the years.

The new Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Ali holds Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Criminology. He was military administrator of Kaduna State from 1996 to 1998.

The new Comptroller- General of Immigration, Mr. Abeshi hails from Nasarawa State. He joined the Nigerian Immigration Service in 1989 as an Assistant Comptroller. His educational qualifications include a Masters Degree in Public Administration.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/08/27/breaking-buhari-appoints-chief-of-staff-sgf-others/

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by 001ng: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Northerners, winner takes it all.

That's a bad precedent in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria.

PMB, I voted you but I don't support this. Don't let my neighbours , friends and family members that were against my support for you laugh at me.

599 Likes 70 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Eye Hear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by otukpo(f): 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ok na
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by bmxshop: 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
Congrats to them.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by colossus2: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
cool
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by drauj(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
Best of Luck.
I don't care who becomes what as long as they deliver.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by kestolove95(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
Federal republic of northern nigeria

239 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by alaoeri: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
Any hope for Amaechi in the awaiting ministerial list?

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Mynd44: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
bmxshop:
Na lie.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by doctokwus: 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Surprises all round.
PMB is quite unpredictable and is really hellbent on not having corrupt,tainted elements in his govt
Well done and may God continue guiding him.

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by hassan85(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
another shocker from PMB nobody saw ds coming. oya those waiting have u all seen u life? another surprise. pmb is out for business not politics. so surprised seeing ita enang on the list. very cool in few days ministers will be out. then prepare to see Amechis name and Fashola!

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by psucc(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
North 5 South 1
Tinubu is still losing out.

168 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by FreeGlobe(f): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
very good... Buhari should also follow the same template for ministerial list. The fulani government should be total

175 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by disloman(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
God bless n renew Baba 4 us.Baba t'oshan.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by kettykings: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
This is gradually getting very hilarious and exciting

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by tucky200(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
001ng:
PMB, I voted you but I don't support this. Don't let my neighbours , friends and family members that were against my support for you laugh at me.
actually ur neighbours should only laugh @ you if this guys he has appointed dissappoints

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by basilo101: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
Yoruba hw market?

253 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by colossus2: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
kestolove95:
Federal republic of northern nigeria
Cry me a river tongue

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
drauj:
Best of Luck.
We don't become who becomes what as long as they deliver.
Huh. Waris dis.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by kestolove95(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
colossus2:
Cry me a river tongue
no o..I will cry u a ocean

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by olatade(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
PMB doing the needful as always

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by kettykings: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
The change is metamorphosising into something cruel and terrible

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by disloman(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
001ng:

Hmmmm.Don't give a f**k abt them.In as much d nation is progressing,I don't send ethnicity.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hahahahaha. Wey Amaechi, Ogbonnaya Onu, Fashola, Kayode Fayemi etc I no fit laff oooo

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by kestolove95(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
As far as ibo no dey...am happy with d list...sai buhari

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by FreeGlobe(f): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
doctokwus:
[s]Surprises all round.
PMB is quite unpredictable and is really hellbent of not having corrupt elements in his cabinet.
Well done and may God continue guiding him.[/s]
shut the hell up. I can bet you didn't expect Buhari to be such an extremist

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Fear North

I'm not surprised, we saw it coming.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
I was a bit down reading the names of the new Appointees (Northerners again)!
Buhari still has my support though!

The new Appointees should shame the Doubters and the Wailing Wailers! But truth be said, I'm still ain't happy!
PMB has my complete support and I strongly believe in him; he's gonna deliver and make us proud!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
disloman:
Hmmmm.Don't give a f**k abt them.In as much d nation is progressing,I don't send ethnicity.
Progressing my ass. What is progressing??

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by colossus2: 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others by adaybayor(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion / Man Wears IGP's Transmission T-shirt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.