Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) (3311 Views)

Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) / Onitsha Is The ‘most Polluted’ City In The World. WHO / Evil People And Ghosts Polluted My Office – Lagos PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by flyingsnail(f): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
The hue and cry about the stark despoliation of the Niger Delta has been ongoing; and the issues at stake have centered mostly on the gross and glaring underdevelopment in the area, despite the vast resources that have accrued to the Nigerian State from the region.
Perhaps the most disturbing, is that oil exploration and exploitation in the Niger Delta is carried out without regard to international health and safety standards or observed minimum levels of protection to the environment from pollution arising from oil spillage and gas flaring.
The Niger Delta region cuts across nine states in southern Nigeria which include Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers states. The region has emerged as one of the most ecologically sensitive regions in Nigeria. Oil and gas are the main sources of revenue from the region, accounting for about 97 percent of the country’s total export.
When he was a child, Tonye Emmanuel Isenah saw men in the Niger Delta who were 70 and even, 80 years old. But these days, he said, “people just don’t live that long.” Isenah is now the Deputy Leader, Bayelsa State House of Assembly and, part of Nigeria’s oil rich Niger Delta region — a land, that for decades has suffered annual ...

- See more at: http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/niger-delta-worlds-most-polluted-region/#sthash.aVKBrjJd.dpuf

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by dapsoneh: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
K
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by zuchyblink(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
they are enjoying oil money after they were liberated by Britain/shell in 1967

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hehehehhehehehe.... Dumb deltans will believing secession is the way to go, if you secede, ur people will jxt keeping vandalizing your oil "Biafrans". Hahahahhaha

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
SirWere:
Hehehehhehehehe.... Dumb deltans will believing secession is the way to go, if you secede, ur people will jxt keeping vandalizing your oil "Biafrans". Hahahahhaha

You sure have a masters in stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Demigods:

You sure have a masters in stupidity.
The truth is always bitter bro

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by dangote7510(m): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
BRITISH is the cause of all dis problem.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by flyingsnail(f): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2015

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
The huge funds channeled into these ventures weren't meant to supply the indolent & rebellious Niger Deltans ogogoro, akara & kpekus. You simply need to hold your kleptomaniac leaders accountable - Nagode!

1.) 13% derivation fund

2.) Ministry of Niger Delta

3.) NDDC

Now tell me who is to be held responsible. You should thank your gods that you don't have an iron hand like me as the President.
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by dialfa: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
saboteurs enjoying one nigeria

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by Sweetguy25: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
And so? Are they complaining? grin grin
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by flyingsnail(f): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2015

Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by yorubatic: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
My devilish people are happy that ogogoro fishermen are suffering. ..that is why my folks always rant and scream one Nigeria each time they hear biafra. ..my people are diabolic, fetish and disgusting. ...my people love anything oil....and ofe.m.anu has deranged their brains ...whenever you hear sophisticated and progressive, just know it is all about oil...
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by musaajebor(m): 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
all dis oyel spillages are mostly caused by bunkering activities of niger delta militants. so nobody should blame shell or oyel coys cos all dis photos displayed above are pix of pipeline saboteurs, illegal oyelrefiners and oyel bunkerers.
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by flyingsnail(f): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Oil every where
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by wadetaw202: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
yorubatic:
My devilish people are happy that ogogoro fishermen are suffering. ..that is why my folks always rant and scream one Nigeria each time they hear biafra. ..my people are diabolic, fetish and disgusting. ...my people love anything oil....and ofe.m.anu has deranged their brains ...whenever you hear sophisticated and progressive, just know it is all about oil...

Ndo flaaathead. What is the assurance that your real people, the flaaaathead osu will not imprison and enslave Niger delta people if they follow you to biafra?

It is like your brain is dead. That is why you will never learn that ofe mmanu is a nice soup. Only a cursed person like an osu will cook soup without putting sufficient palm oil. Only a cursed osu will do that.
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by ugomma2000: 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
SirWere:

masters in zoology. you think like an animal.
Re: Niger Delta: World’s Most Polluted Region (PICTURES) by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 31, 2015
ugomma2000:

masters in zoology. you think like an animal.
Please don't mistake me for your product who was a failed president.

(1) (Reply)

Confusion In Customs As Officers Reject New Cg / BREAKING:This Could Be The End For Big Oil / Osun 2018: Frustration Sets In For Omisore, Set To Dump PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.