Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) (50232 Views)

Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Photos Of The 82 Released Chibok Girls Meeting With Abba Kyari & Others In Abuja / How Abba Kyari Exploits President Buhari's Poor Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by lalasticlala(m): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
MR. ABBA KYARI

Abba Kyari obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from the University of Warwick, England, in 1980. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Law from the University of Cambridge, England and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1983. In 1984, he obtained a Masters’ Degree in Law from his alma-mater, the University of Cambridge.

Between 1988 and 1990, he was Editor with the New Africa Holdings Limited Kaduna, (publishers of Democrat Newspapers). He served with the Borno State Executive Council as Commissioner for Forestry and Animal Resources in 1990 and was Secretary to the Board of African International Bank Limited, between 1990 and 1995.

He attended the International Institute for Management Development at Lausanne, Switzerland, and participated in the Program for Management Development at the Harvard Business School, in 1992 and 1994 respectively.

Abba Kyari was Executive Director, Management Services, United Bank for Africa Plc. (UBA) and later the Managing Director and Chief Executive of the Bank. He was appointed a Director of Unilever Nigeria Plc. in 2002.

He served as Honorary Member of the Presidential Advisory Council on Investment in Nigeria between 2000 and 2005. He is a recipient of the Nigerian Honor Award of Officer of the Order of the Niger (O.O.N).

http://www.exxonmobil.com.ng/Nigeria-English/PA/products_downstream_directors.aspx

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by wellmax(m): 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
I'm impressed with his profile.
We wish him good success in this new assignment.

I looked up, I see lala
I looked down and realized, I'm the oga at the top.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by mytime24(f): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bookin

Jus incase smiley

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Onajevwe(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
There should be some balance in the appointments. However what counts at the end is the ability of the appointees to deliver good governance.

smiley

12 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by alaoeri: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
It won't be fair if Amaechi doesn't get a juicy appointment in PMB's administration.

18 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by coolhamid(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
My President is Pro North and Anti South...
90 percent of his appointees so far are from the north..

So only the north has incorruptible people right ?

That is a man i campaigned so hard for, i give up...

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by DennisEche(m): 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
NICE APPOINTMENT..... I DON'T CARE IF ITS ALL NORTHNER AS FAR AS THEY DELIVER...... IS THE ABBA KYARI RELATED TO THE LAGOS OC SARS.... SP ABBA KYARI

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
a reputable profile he's got. definitely not a tribalistic northerner and he's the witted type i suppose cuz not just anybody becomes a member of the board of directors of a bank, an insurance company and even became the chairman of a flour mill and an engineering company.
so YES, i believe he has something to offer...

15 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
He's ex-military? Then I like him already. He can do no wrong. Criticize him and I'll have you frog-jumping all over nairaland in next to no time. You just try me! grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
mytime24:
Bookin

Jus incase smiley
just incase ke, it's definitely assured... if e no reach FP make seun deactivate my account...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by omenka(m): 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
During the outbreak of violence
against the Igbo people in Northern
and Central Nigeria in 1966, Abba
Kyari assisted Igbo soldiers in
escaping from Kaduna, including
Major Samuel Ogbemudia, who later
was appointed Governor of Mid-West
State in September 1967 following
the state's liberation from
secessionist Biafran forces.
Interesting...

13 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Aminat508(f): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
Interesting...... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by tucky200(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Cool profile
Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by omenka(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Aminat508:
Interesting...... cheesy cheesy
Copy copy.
Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Military Governor at 29.

Very interesting and great achievement.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by PresidentT(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Baba found a old trusted hand in him. All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Aminat508(f): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
omenka:
Copy copy.
make i copy my boss nah grin

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Rilwayne001: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
Okay.
Waiting for the ministerial list.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
NOTHERN AGENDA...The bible even talk am "Fear North"

5 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by EdCure: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
coolhamid:
My President is Pro North and Anti South...
90 percent of his appointees so far are from the north..
So only the north has incorruptible people right?
That is a man i campaigned so hard for, i give up...
I blame Jonathan for being an awfully monumental failure. If not, wetin concern me with Buhari!

I've thought him to be a northern fundamentalist since the 2003 campaigns. He hasn't proved me wrong so far in his appointments and "body language".

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by damola311: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
up north
Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
undecidedhi
Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by johnwizey: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
Is he the father to Abba Kyari (OC SARS in Lagos)

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by OLAplusONE(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
Buhari, u neva cease to amaze me
Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by bigerboy200: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
ok...d age (77) is something 2 worry about.

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by Liamm(m): 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by ryanfletcher: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
yet another cow
Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by otabuko(m): 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
The FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NORTH..... Now the people accusing us of wailing, you soon shall wail like we the wailers organisation of NIGERIA...

I went to calculate his age... Is my calculator having battery problem? 77yrs

5 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by oathman(m): 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
ba problem....at the age of 25 u still dey believe u re the leader of 2moro grin...... Omo iyami jara ee...... when 2moro wan come embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
The Future is Military!
Re: Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) by qualityovenbake(m): 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Impressive CV

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Nigerians That Want To Be President In 2019 / Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) / Buratai Leads FG Delegates To Sambisa Forest. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.