Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:17 AM

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings (50406 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Oooops: 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
Esan is a tribe in Edo state of Nigeria. It is located at Edo central and they are blessed with a very rich culture. Some wonderful proverbs of this great tribe and their meanings are stated below;
Enjoy

1) Akugbe-Ahu : Unity is strength

2) Ahuare bhenbhen: You need strength to be mad

3) Ema ah gboria, Ema ah seyele; Akpu kill people but people still eat Akpu

4) Aimiornoryor ole nhebheki: Nobody agrees he defecated in the market

5) Ebomongwele oleoreyisodor: Wetin pikin learn, e dey carry go husband house(charity begins at home)

6) Esangbedo: Esan's does not beat (Fight) Beni's

7) Oakwereyor?: Who would have Thought (when something good happens)

cool Otuonkpaiwanlan : One person is not wise (wisdom is gotten with many peoples putting ideas together)

9) Hianwegbe okpa sonomhen: Na only Shakara dey vex me

10) Okpea nor miobor ole gbokwo ; Its only a jobless man that beats up a woman!

Please Esan/Benin guys in the house come and represent your tribe and be proud of it....
Any of those proverbs that you can remember lets add it here

Proudly "ESAN"
Ibhabulu:

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Abugab(m): 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ejia khian aghe: where you are headed is where you face (be focused)
Uhonmoi wo se na re kha sin ivin: the head cannot be so strong and it is thus used in breaking palm kernel

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
I wan talk something...i go talk true, i no go lie..

ESHAN people too wicked.

In 2013, i did business with one Eshan man....till date the man no gree pay my money.

My last GF na ESHAN.....make i no go into the details of my life...but the truth remains if you see a snake on your right and then see an Eshan woman on your left, just kill the ESHAN woman first b4 you reason the snake.

Maybe there are some good Eshan people, maybe the OP is one of them...Maybe..

But truth be told, i have never met one Eshan person that is good. NEVER.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by erunz(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
Proudly ishan.

Ekpoma and Irrua.
I love Afile's music and Allover Edobor

Esan Akugbe Ahu

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Oooops: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
DDeliverer:
I wan talk something...i go talk true, i no go lie..

ESHAN people too wicked.

In 2013, i did business with one Eshan man....till date the man no gree pay my money.

My last GF na ESHAN.....make i no go into the details of my life...but the truth remains if you see a snake on your right and then see an Eshan woman on your left, just kill the ESHAN woman first b4 you reason the snake.

Maybe there are some good Eshan people, maybe the OP is one of them...Maybe..

But truth be told, i have never met one Eshan person that is good. NEVER.

What tribe are you bros

1 Like

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Oooops: 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Abugab:
Ejia khian aghe: where you are headed is where you face (be focused)
Uhonmoi wo se na re kha sin ivin: the head cannot be so strong and it is thus used in breaking palm kernel

Chai!!!

where you from in Esan cos this your proverbs ehn, na wa ooh!!!

i never hear am before!!!

Bhabulu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by sheedy407(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
I rep Uromi

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obhiaba- Phrase use when you see your Esan broda or sister outside your town or tribe.

5 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Oooops: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
sheedy407:
I rep Uromi
I see you my brother
Obokian

8 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Oooops: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
Skillbobralph:
Obhiaba- Phrase use when you see your broda or my sister outside your town or tribe.

Lalasticlala i thought you were an Edo man
Abeg encourage my Edo people jare!!! abi na only Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa dey this country

5 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by CR77(f): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by scholes0(m): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Abeg, wetin be Ishan?
Ishan in Yoruba means Nerve .....

lol, just kidding.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Mogidi: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Only a foolish Esan man would name their son Esangbedo, that name is as antiquated as the Ojiso.

@OP
Obulu

Omiobor gbiru bhe dilin...only a jobless man would kill lice residing in a woman's anatomy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Tonnniey: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by ladyF(f): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
Lol but no be only jobless men dey beat women o, even the one wey get job. Dem no go find their fellow man beat, na woman dem go see *hiss

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by efilefun(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
angry

1 Like

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by ibkgab001: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
Peace and Unity
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Idumuose44: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
lol

Akugbe-Ahu

Languages are funny. Op do you know what Akugbe means in Yoruba language?

1 Like

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by DrayZee: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
Lol
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by steffans(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
i see
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Estimable(m): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
A good friend is better than a bad brother Ezigbo oyi ka ajo Nwanne

6 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by jazinogold(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
make I learn small esan so I go fit go use am toast Anitar Wey b esan gal!

4 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by activelyA(f): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
T
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Deejavuu(f): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
cool

I rep Iruekpen/Ekpoma..

#Esan naigbe#

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by ademoladeji(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
Are they Auchi pipu?
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by seedorfg(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
It takes a whole village to raise a child

Ishan nla leyi oo
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by scholes0(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
ademoladeji:
Are they Auchi pipu?

Auchi is Etsako

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by ignis: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
Very funny.
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by ademoladeji(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
Idumuose44:
lol

Akugbe-Ahu

Languages are funny. Op do you know what Akugbe means in Yoruba language?

Okuugbe in Yoruba not Akugbe

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by gunpoint(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
A
Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by ademoladeji(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Oooops:
Esan is a tribe in Edo state of Nigeria. It is located at Edo central and they are blessed with a very rich culture. Some wonderful proverbs of this great tribe and their meanings are stated below;
Enjoy

1) Akugbe-Ahu : Unity is strength

2) Ahuare bhenbhen: You need strength to be mad

3) Ema ah gboria, Ema ah seyele; Akpu kill people but people still eat Akpu

4) Aimiornoryor ole nhebheki: Nobody agrees he defecated in the market

5) Ebomongwele oleoreyisodor: Wetin pikin learn, e dey carry go husband house(charity begins at home)

6) Esangbedo: Esan's does not beat (Fight) Beni's

7) Oakwereyor?: Who would have Thought (when something good happens)

cool Otuonkpaiwanlan : One person is not wise (wisdom is gotten with many peoples putting ideas together)

9) Hianwegbe okpa sonomhen: Na only Shakara dey vex me

10) Okpea nor miobor ole gbokwo ; Its only a jobless man that beats up a woman!

Please Esan/Benin guys in the house come and represent your tribe and be proud of it....
Any of those proverbs that you can remember lets add it here

Proudly "ESAN"
Ibhabulu:

Auchi pipu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings by Deejavuu(f): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
ademoladeji:
Are they Auchi pipu?

No they're not .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Launches Nigerian-Made Buses For Mass Transit - Pictured / Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.