Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Were People Right About Buhari? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Were People Right About Buhari? (42692 Views)

This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:16am On Aug 28, 2015
jmoore:
But why did he make that 5% statement?

I don't really care about ethnicity of those elected or appointed, but for him to say such on air means something.

I just wish the best for Nigeria.
If PMB really had bigotism in mind,he wouldn't have made that statement..He is one smart old cock..He simply said the truth..Go watch the video again..
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 5:17am On Aug 28, 2015
Afam4eva:
This is not to cast any atom of doubt on Buhari's ability to lead and produce results after all, most of his opponents who were members of the electorate did not vote for him because they think he wont perform. Many of these people disliked him for the fact that they thought he was a tribalist and religious bigot. I personally paid no attention to what was flying around about Buhari pre-election, not necessarily because i thought what people were saying were lies but because those things could not be substantiated especially by me personally. So, i did what i have always done and that is to give people the benefit of the doubt. Personally, i felt Jonathan was a complete failure and thought we needed to try something different. Buhari may not have been my prefered choice out of the number of technocrats that i saw in APC but since he was presented, i kinda preferred him over Jonathan.

Now coming to the purpose of this thread. Doesn't it make some of us look stupid when it seems like Buhari is inching closer to the person they painted him to be. I mean, some Buhari supporters will make statements like "I don't care where the person Buhari appoints comes from as long as he is capable". Of course, statements such as these make people to sleep well at night and not look like complete idiots in the presence of people who would say "Didn't i warn you?". Anybody with an iota of common sense would see that this present dispensation has been riddled with an increase of Northern elements and it is glaring even to the blind. How do you explain the fact that after almost 20 appointments made so far. Only less than 5 are from the south. Not even a single person from the South-East has been appointed to any position. I know Igbos are the group of people we love to hate but this just isn't fair in my opinion. If you want to defend Buhari's pattern of appointments, i think your best bet would be to tell us how Southern Nigeria are so corrupt that it will be hard to find men of integrity or how the North boast of more educated individuals who are unrivaled.

In the spirit of giving Buhari, the benefit of the doubt, my 1 years grace period is still counting. After then, i'll have something to say about his government.

all I can say to you is good morning

learn how to learn from history ....this is what Nigerians don't do

they are giving Igbo the reason to ask for Biafra

they have made Yoruba look foolish and hated in Nigerian south

they have proved that igbos were right about him after all

he is stopping ministerial appointment because he knows that all ministers will come from same state

now I laugh

to be honest buhari has no capacity to perform be it mentally intellectually and physically

now brace up for more

the tiger doesn't clean off its stripe not leopards its spot

this is the mess the sophisticated ones put us in

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:22am On Aug 28, 2015
hinwazaka:

An individual who spent four years in a University would not utter the unintellectual gibberish you just wrote. So to perform as a president, he should disobey the constitution, which promotes federal character. To you PMB's understanding of presidential conduct is to exclude an essential and important region from his government. It's obvious that, to you, PMB can do no wrong. Keep on deluding yourself, you and your supporters club will be the greatest catalyst in PMB's inevitable failure.
How has PMB disobeyed the constitution my brethren?Is he done with appointments?Isn't it mainly with appointment of ministers that federal character should play out?Its always good to look at things from differing perspectives..
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by meccuno: 5:26am On Aug 28, 2015
TippyTop:

Buhari as father of the Nation
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1896066_4_jpeg9679ccb5a92f650b83fcf29e0a6a6775

Buhari as an Igbo man

Buhari as a Niger Deltan
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1896071_0_jpeg37d473e6ddd9a12d2adf7c748e2ee2ef

[size=15pt]After the election:[/size]

Buhari as himself:
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkSyIqRCNYzUjS50n7ZWEA-OxYQb1HHK01lchPc3y1fCi6dTAW[/img]

[size=18pt]A leopard never changes its spots.[/size]
lolz.....word

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:29am On Aug 28, 2015
FreeGlobe:

because it is the constitutional thing to do. its federal character law
FreeGlobe,please can you tell me or educate me on where I will find federal character law in our constitution..I am waiting...
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by softvio(m): 5:31am On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

exactly, they can never change, i still prefer the northerners cos they are diligent than the SE that (loves) money than life, lets watch and see how this government will unfold things, i still prefer buhari's action, the man knows what he is doing, his very first statement when he took over the power (i belong to everybody and belong to nobody) was a powerful statement and that is what we are seeing now.

Ride on man, if na only nepa light i dey enjoy, atleast its a change compare to past. i support him 100%, if he like he can appoint from chad, ghana, seme, togo, so far the country is moving forward and the poor masses are happy.

pls take that your childish reasoning out of here! Stop recycling that old sh+t.. When you're ready to think, come back.. Thanx
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by softvio(m): 5:33am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
FreeGlobe,please can you tell me or educate me on where I will find federal character law in our constitution..I am waiting...

go back to page 8 on this thread, you will see it there
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by jesussaves22: 5:33am On Aug 28, 2015
AZeD1:

It might look like that but i don't really care. You cannot solve problems with the same mentality that created the problems and ethnicity is what led us down this road we are.
please which ethnic groups ruled Nigeria since 1966? Are they not this people that you think will do well now?? Please during those years did they do well in their own region?? Am only angry on how our educated youth including you are so confused that you feel that this same group of people who ruled Nigeria for 38 years without any good things to show case are your acclaimed messiah now. Shame to you.you are not worthy to be called a sane human

1 Like

Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Let me help you... https://www.nairaland.com/2429600/jonathans-appoinment-countering-deceit-some

I keep saying it, what your problem with Jonathan has nothing to do with governance but bigotry and natural hatred...

Cc. Severus-Snape , Afam-4eva :
Passing-shot is just unbelievable...His bigotry and sycophancy is nauseating.
I've already told the zombie a piece of my mind.

Good morning sir
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by noblegrex: 5:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Is as if he knew I don't care.even if he made all of them his cabinet,as long as they perform ohoooo what's the essence of combining the like os thieves,idiots,fools and looters together, all in the name of being fair..besides they're not going to be there forever,soldier go,soldier come Aso rock remains.shikena.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:34am On Aug 28, 2015
PassingShot:

Just because of heterogeneous nature of the country.

I am an advocate of the right man for the job. But at the same time, appointments has to reflect our multi nationalities to a minimum degree. Something like 65% to 35% at the worst case scenario. Not, 90% to 10%.
In civil climes,who cares if all the political and non political appointments come from one state?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 28, 2015
softvio:

pls take that your childish reasoning out of here! Stop recycling that old sh+t.. When you're ready to think, come back.. Thanx
ok sir, but you will soon hang yourself cos of Buhari grin grin
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 5:36am On Aug 28, 2015
dcitizen:

People who call buhari a tribal and religious bigot have been vindicated. A leopard cannot change its spot. His apointment so far is lopsided and cannot be justified condering competence.
and performance.

There are far more competent hands among the south nigeria that can occupied such exhalting position. The disparity of development between the north and the south is due to purposeful leadership, vision and intellect of the southern nigeria.

Most of the labour force and think tank that are sustaining and midwifing the nigerian economy are from the south.

Buhari is setting a dangerous precedent in the history and annal of this country and he pushing nepotism beyond its limit. Politic of inclusion is what is helping most developed country in the word and their universities.

One day , somebody from the sw or ss or se who do the same believing all humanbeings from his region are to best in terms of intergrity and competency.

Let the self denial, paradigm delusion and hypocrisy continues. If you sincerely want merit, let the merit be extended to cut off marks in all entrance exams to federal universities, and colleges and also to unity schools and government parastatals. All nigerians must have the same cut off mark regardless of where you come from at the expense of federal character principle since the south nigerians are not responsible for the socio-political gap in the north.

The president to me is pursuing an agenda that may be detrimental to the peace and unity of this country through his lopsided appointment. Hope the historians are taking note. Any nation that play politics of exculsion does that to its own peril.
we told them they did not hear ..we made the Yoruba understand this but they refused to think beyond their stomach

now this is it
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 5:37am On Aug 28, 2015
Alicho7:
am just disappointed at the President

you see why the Igbo man has always been smarter and intelligent

the Igbo has been vindicated

so enjoy the show..Yoruba go buy pop corn and watch it
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:39am On Aug 28, 2015
homesteady:
During that his interview where he said stuffs about 'regions that voted him would get more favor', I knew that was his real mind speaking out! He only said the other soothing words just to appease people!

The question everyone should ask him or her self is - if the president was a southerner and he was making such kind of lopsided appointments, what would the Northerners do!
The northerners will do JACK..After all GEJ's major appointments were mainly SE/SS..did we have world war z in this nation?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:42am On Aug 28, 2015
fallout87:

He will appoint the Northerns to all the sensitive positions. That is the point.
So?Does it matter?GEJ appointed southerners to most of the sensitive positions..why didn't you cry out?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by softvio(m): 5:43am On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

ok sir, but you will soon hang yourself cos of Buhari grin grin

hope you knw that Federal character is in the constitution? Government is not all about building roads,hospital,create security but also uniting the nation. This fed. Character helps to promote unity in the country. I hate stereotyping the south, that they all are criminals.. Where the likes of Abacha,IBB, Abdulasam from the south? While did he appoint the guy that jumped fence in the NA as SA on NA matters? Think!!!
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by adconline(m): 5:44am On Aug 28, 2015
what if the people he appoints, which currently aren't from you stock, perform and end up being the ones to facilitate a 2nd niger bridge, a SE seaport, federal roads, federal presence etc in the SE, will you still prefer he had appointed based on ethnicity equality? Remember how GEJ appointed mostly from SE. No one complained until they started looting and not performing.

Wait till his appointees fail before you wail. That was what the SW did concerning GEJ's administration.
Big word is IF.. GMB has already failed on
-publicly declare his asset
-office of the wife of the president
-repented democrat, but made some appointments contrary to the constitution
-not being ready from day one - west/east Germany, chancellor/president
-denying the power roadmap
-not interfering with NASS.
I just can't trust this govt anymore!!
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:45am On Aug 28, 2015
Geniro:

Sure i am from the south and we had bright spots who did well in the last admin. If you assent to this northenization drive because it sooth you then fine.

Multitudes are expressing dissatisfaction in this lopsided appointments.
Multitudes of bigoted unholistically educated adults from the south are de ones expressing dissatisfaction..I am Igbo so I perfectly understand what I am saying..
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:48am On Aug 28, 2015
ejirede:
do you really think if Buhari had picked another northerner has his running mate in the last elections,the southwesterns would have voted for him massively ?
You just derailed a bit..A political running mate is NOT an appointee...Stay on point!
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by softvio(m): 5:49am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
So?Does it matter?GEJ appointed southerners to most of the sensitive positions..why didn't you cry out?

bring out GEJ list my friend! Let's see if the Northerners didn't held sensitive positions
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 5:51am On Aug 28, 2015
Afam4eva:

I just hate defending Jonathan but when some people make it a habit to be misinformed, i have to say something. Do you have any proof whatsoever that 70% of Jonathan's appointees were southerners or that there were more southerners than Northerners in his government. I've seen you guys throw such half baked facts around and it's becoming embarrassing. You have to understand that the North will always win whether an Ijaw, Igbo or Yoruba man is the president. Nigerian structure has just been setting in such a motion that they just always have to win. Do you think they would fold their arms and watch Jonathan appoint 70% of his staff from the South? Do you even think Jonathan has the mind to go through with it?
GEJ's JUICY APPOINTMENTS WERE GIVEN TO OVER 70% OF SOUTHERNERS...DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT...TALKLESS OF CONTESTING IT..
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by tonychristopher: 5:51am On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:
I have only one question for Buhari and those who like or pretend to like his lopsided appointments:
Why did Buhari not find a man of integrity from the North to use as his running mate during the Presidential election? Why did he go South? If indeed regions do not matter he should have selected a man/woman from Duara or any other part of the North to be his running mate. I bet even those pretending not to mind if he appoints only Northerners would not have voted for him.
Let us not bury the truth in the name of defending our candidate. Let us call a spade a spade. Buhari is wrong and should be corrected instead of being praised/hailed. ONLY the truth shall set us free, NOT propaganda.

I would have proposed to you but I can't ....I know I have fallen in love

nice post
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:58am On Aug 28, 2015
DDeliverer:
1year grace period? interesting.

what happened to 100days in office?

I am fully persuaded that at the end of the 1year, some naboobs of negativism will still say its too early to criticize the sole administrator.
True talk
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 6:11am On Aug 28, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Go and check out majority of the federal ministries and parastatals. Over 60-70% of their staff are northerners. This is also how it used to be in the Nigerian Army, till Obasanjo came and improved the chances of southerners.

Through the long years of northerners ruling the country, they have succeeded in filling up most of the positions in FG jobs with their people. That why when you hear the names of directors of any FG MDA, most of them will be northerners.

Appointing of mostly northerners by Buhari will worsen their already bad dominance in our system, and it isn't healthy. How do you expect graduates from the southern part of this country to get jobs in these parastatals when their DGs, Chairmen and Directors etc are all northerners?

Competent people abound in every region. All Buhari needs to do is to identify them. You can't tell me that he has never been able to find any competent man from d south East, meanwhile many southeasterners are making Nigeria proud both within and outside the shores of this country.

A country that already has the 1st, 3rd and 4th citizens as northerners, going ahead to fill up most of the parastatals with northerners is grossly unhealthy.
Northerners don't only bother about good governance. They ensure that their people are put in sensitive positions in government because it increases the chances of their graduates getting employed by the FG. It's only southerners that don't bother, because they feel it doesn't matter. That is stupidity and insensitivity.

The constitution encourages federal character, so that no region of the country is left behind in anything. It's never only about competence or excellence, otherwise 80% of intakes into the federal unity schools for instance would have been from the SE/SW/SS. When it comes to situations where academic excellence would be required, northerners remember federal character. Now, they are trying to jettison it.

Preceeding governments have been failing not because they have been applying the principle of federal character, but because the presidents failed to show true leadership and oppose corrupt practices by all means. That is what Buhari needs for his government to succeed, not by choosing to cut off a whole region from his government.
Kai!!!You are damn too tribalistic..See de level wey you take this matter go..May God help this nation..
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by ZUBY77(m): 6:12am On Aug 28, 2015
drunkenmaster:

So all you care about are contracts right? Don't you think your comment is myopic? I guess you've only made it to this point because of contracts gotten through your tribesmen right?

I intentionally put that contract stuff because I know that's where people will grab.

Are you saying Buhari was right to appoint only people from his side of the country in a country as diverse and large as Nigeria?
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by nobeku: 6:21am On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:
I have only one question for Buhari and those who like or pretend to like his lopsided appointments:
Why did Buhari not find a man of integrity from the North to use as his running mate during the Presidential election? Why did he go South? If indeed regions do not matter he should have selected a man/woman from Duara or any other part of the North to be his running mate. I bet even those pretending not to mind if he appoints only Northerners would not have voted for him.
Let us not bury the truth in the name of defending our candidate. Let us call a spade a spade. Buhari is wrong and should be corrected instead of being praised/hailed. ONLY the truth shall set us free, NOT propaganda.
Reread your earlier question on this post...Are we talking about a presidential running mate or political and non political appointments?Do you have to win an argument?And even derailing,how does PMB choose his running mate?Is it not a party affair?Pls think again...
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by christinie(f): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
Reread your earlier question on this post...Are we talking about a presidential running mate or political and non political appointments?Do you have to win an argument?And even derailing,how does PMB choose his running mate?Is it not a party affair?Pls think again...
I guess you can't think deeply. If Buhari was allowed to run election alone and chose a Vice President later on I bet he wouln't have gone for a Sotherner.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
Kai!!!You are damn too tribalistic..See de level wey you take this matter go..May God help this nation..
You are the drunken master of tribalism who couldn't call out something as magnanimous as this lopsided appointments.

The guy you quoted have seen the handwriting on the wall, it has happened before. Do not be too sentimental when defending President Buhari. These time he is WRONG .
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by haiebeacay(m): 6:35am On Aug 28, 2015
What hell is this shout about Federal character all about? So they can come and embezzle again abi? If those complaining and jostling for these appointments are told that they should come and serve without any money getting to them apart from their salary and they will be severely prosecuted should they fail, how many of them will still press forward? Are pple considered on federal characters not among the 33 pple who failed the integrity test? If it is only northerners that Buhari know so well to institute the change we need, let it be so because there is no excuse for failure by both Apc and Buhari o. If they fail, then Nigerians might as well start looking for another party as the next option.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by 247notire(m): 6:38am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
You are amazingly stupiid u knw ryt? U cudnt even say anything to counter all his valid observations! Says a lot about ur intellectual capacity anyways. That's y ur an APC supporter. Most of them are like u, poor sense of reasoning and intellectually ravaged.
Re: Were People Right About Buhari? by 247notire(m): 6:41am On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
It's called analogy dumb mofo. Jeez! The brazen stupidity of most APC supporters is blood chilling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Abaribe: What Suswam Told Me In DSS Custody / See Boko Haram's Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.