Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782886 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JoyPaulLaw(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
I have just received my I-20 and resumption is 2nd of Jan. Pls what next? Is it possible to schedule an earlier interview date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
JoyPaulLaw:
I have just received my I-20 and resumption is 2nd of Jan. Pls what next? Is it possible to schedule an earlier interview date?
Choose consulate office in Lagos and secure for a date. First appointment date is 14th Dec.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JoyPaulLaw(m): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
udeyokay:

Choose consulate office in Lagos and secure for a date. First appointment date is 14th Dec.

Thanks. I'm grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
JoyPaulLaw:

Thanks. I'm grateful
Let's give God the glory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
Going to seme boarder tomorrow for sevis fee payment can someone pls help with the description, the bank and as well the documents to hold.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
Happy Birthday to one of the last of the dying breed of smart and beautiful ladies - MsNas. For the year, answered prayers and a grateful heart are my wishes for you, sis. Stay young!

Biko, whenever it's, I no wan carry the wedding o.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
AsiwajuAfo001:
Going to seme boarder tomorrow for sevis fee payment can someone pls help with the description, the bank and as well the documents to hold.
Are you in Lagos? If yes ,find your way to mile 2.enter motor going to seme.when you get to seme. You have two options of crossing the boarder,either you pass through the normal stamping of your passport and showing your yellow paper or boarding a taxi entering cotonu
Then tell the taxi man that you want to go to ecobank. The bank is along the road not too far from seme boarder. Enter the bank tell the security man that you want to pay for sevis fee
He will direct you were to do that
Documents to show :
Printed coupon
Copy of your passport
And sevis number.
I hope these info may help you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
udeyokay:

Are you in Lagos? If yes ,find your way to mile 2.enter motor going to seme.when you get to seme. You have two options of crossing the boarder,either you pass through the normal stamping of your passport and showing your yellow paper or boarding a taxi entering cotonu
Then tell the taxi man that you want to go to ecobank. The bank is along the road not too far from seme boarder. Enter the bank tell the security man that you want to pay for sevis fee
He will direct you were to do that
Documents to show :
Printed coupon
Copy of your passport
And sevis number.
I hope these info may help you.

Thanks a lot. But the stamping of passport, is it really necessary, what's the yellow paper, which is cheaper, stamping of passport or not.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abuhubaidah: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
amanze15:
Aerospace Engineering is you one way ticket to enter the US AIRFORCE if you are studious o undecided its very competitive undecided
http://best-engineering-colleges.com/aeronautical-engineering

manufacturing and production is a "certificate" type of program (my opinion), i have a friend who is graduating this December with Msc CHEM eng with manufacturing and production Cerf......its just business/operations or engineering management wink

in the words of the great Slimmy05..."there are about 300 good schools in the US" so use the internet to your strength
hello,please which good vocational school can i apply to?i want to learn/study auto repair or electrical engineering.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
abuhubaidah:
hello,please which good vocational school can i apply to?i want to learn/study auto repair or electrical engineering.
www.google.com will give you amazing response. Search for vocational schools in for electrical engineering

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
AsiwajuAfo001:

Thanks a lot. But the stamping of passport, is it really necessary, what's the yellow paper, which is cheaper, stamping of passport or not.
Thanks
Not necessary. If you Can board a taxi at most
10,000 cfs. You can cross the boarder to the bank. No body will disturb you. The stamping is incase you want to pass through normal process. Yellow paper is for health they often ask for it before you cross. However, with a taxi no one will ask you such. Taxi man will settle them before crossing. All you will do is just relax inside the taxi.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
Had my interview at the lagos embassy on the 17th but was denied.got to the embassy and duely observed all protocols.did biometrics and was called to window 1. Menhnn the white lady no dey smile at all,strained my ears to get her first question cos she wasn't audible na in I ask her sorry can u repeat that again.

VO:what Course are you going for?

Me:Post-graduate in Occupational safety and health technology/technician.

VO:what will this Course do for you?

Me:this course will prepare me adequately to be at the Top of my career and have also got strong intrest in the field cos its related to my previous studies.So,I intend to acquire a professional safety skills and a vast occupational knowledge then come back To nIgeria,(my dad's company) to generally imprOve the technical stAndard of the company as regards the safety of work environment ensuring effective safety regulations are put in place so as to avoid risk in a work place,maintainance of heavy machine equipments which also be dangerous to workers and people around the work place if not professionally and duely maintained,proper useage and disposal of harzdous chemical materials and most importantly the health safety of Workers ensuring that they are prevented from any type of injuries andilleness so that they can work safely and productively.and so,we would achieve a much greater sucess and take the company up there to meet a global standard.

VO:have You attended any university in nigeria?

Me:yes
VO:which university?
Me: Lagos state university
VO: what did you study?
Me: Civil engineering
VO: what did you do after then?
Me: I went for my compulsory NYSC service then after which I started Working in my father's company as an assitant Project monitoring engineer.
VO: she brought the blue paper and said this would explain better to you why u have been denied but you may wish to re-apply.

Naso e go but I still thank God cos I know I will get it.this is the second time thou.
Gurus,abeg make una vet for me o.God bless.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Congrats to my brother from another mother who got his visa approved today! Congrats Emmy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
godG:
Happy Birthday to one of the last of the dying breed of smart and beautiful ladies - MsNas. For the year, answered prayers and a grateful heart are my wishes for you, sis. Stay young!

Biko, whenever it's, I no wan carry the wedding o.
Yes oo. If you no come, I won't talk to you forever and ever! Amen. grin

Thanks brother. God bless you and may all your good wishes for me today, come back to you in manifolds. I really do appreciate! God bless!! kiss

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abuhubaidah: 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
slimmy05:
www.google.com will give you amazing response. Search for vocational schools in for electrical engineering
ok thanks.please what are my chances of getting visa through this??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
fregkay:
Had my interview at the lagos embassy on the 17th but was denied.got to the embassy and duely observed all protocols.did biometrics and was called to window 1. Menhnn the white lady no dey smile at all,strained my ears to get her first question cos she wasn't audible na in I ask her sorry can u repeat that again.

Me:this course will prepare me adequately to be at the Top of my career and have also got strong intrest in the field cos its related to my previous studies.So,I intend to acquire a professional safety skills and a vast occupational knowledge then come back To nIgeria,(my dad's company) to generally imprOve the technical stAndard of the company as regards the safety of work environment ensuring effective safety regulations are put in place so as to avoid risk in a work place,maintainance of heavy machine equipments which also be dangerous to workers and people around the work place if not professionally and duely maintained,proper useage and disposal of harzdous chemical materials and most importantly the health safety of Workers ensuring that they are prevented from any type of injuries andilleness so that they can work safely and productively.and so,we would achieve a much greater sucess and take the company up there to meet a global standard.

Me: I went for my compulsory NYSC service then after which I started Working in my father's company as an assitant Project monitoring engineer.
VO: she brought the blue paper and said this would explain better to you why u have been denied but you may wish to re-apply.

Naso e go but I still thank God cos I know I will get it.this is the second time thou.

I am no guru, but I think the Visa Officer may have wondered why you would want to go for a postgraduate study in Occupational, Health and Safety, solely for the purpose of improving the standard of your Dad's company. A certification could suffice for this, in my opinion. You will have to be more introspective with your reply on why you have chosen that course.

All in all, I think you did good and anyone may have gotten visa with these same replies. However, I urge that you repackage, and be more introspective with your replies. Wish you the best.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
fregkay:

Sorry about your denial. You did pretty well. But unfortunately the VO thought otherwise when you said you gonna come back home after your studies. He wasn't convinced.

Wait till he or she ask what will this degree do for you, before you say you'll return home and blah blah blah, or you emphasis on Nigeria from the onset.

For instance, In Nigeria, there was safety concern where some workers lost their lives blah blah blah. As you're talking, try to use body language and you give a good example.

You'll get it next time. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
abuhubaidah:
Alot of them, you have find a means to get to the US...GRE, finding a compatible school using the internet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Otiotiotaofik:
Thanks

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
MsNas:

Yes oo. If you no come, I won't talk to you forever and ever! Amen. grin

Thanks brother. God bless you and may all your good wishes for me today, come back to you in manifolds. I really do appreciate! God bless!! kiss

Happy birthday..

wishing you long life and prosperity.. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharqur99: 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
AsiwajuAfo001:

Go to sterling bank, its less than 200naira

Brother, abeg which sterling bank u do am. Do i have to open an account with them to eenjoy this service?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Thanks bro,well noted! God bless.
stolid:

I am no guru, but I think the Visa Officer may have wondered why you would want to go for a postgraduate study in Occupational, Health and Safety, solely for the purpose of improving the standard of your Dad's company. A certification could suffice for this, in my opinion. You will have to be more introspective with your reply on why you have chosen that course.

All in all, I think you did good and anyone may have gotten visa with these same replies. However, I urge that you repackage, and be more introspective with your replies. Wish you the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
DeeTus:
Sorry about your denial. You did pretty well. But unfortunately the VO thought otherwise when you said you gonna come back home after your studies. He wasn't convinced.

Wait till he or she ask what will this degree do for you, before you say you'll return home and blah blah blah, or you emphasis on Nigeria from the onset.

For instance, In Nigeria, there was safety concern where some workers lost their lives blah blah blah. As you're talking, try to use body language and you give a good example.

You'll get it next time. Good luck!
thanks bro,noted! God bless you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abuhubaidah: 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
amanze15:

Alot of them, you have find a means to get to the US...GRE, finding a compatible school using the internet
thanks so much,search going on and please what's the mean of GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jlakeside: 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
abuhubaidah:
thanks so much,search going on and please what's the mean of GRE?
Lol. What's d meaning of abuhubaidah?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 1:23am On Nov 26, 2015
People is writing GRE in Abuja a good idea? the last I wrote in Lagos the system crashed ohhh sad . although they rectified the issue.. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Glocal1: 4:16am On Nov 26, 2015
electronic:
People is writing GRE in Abuja a good idea? the last I wrote in Lagos the system crashed ohhh sad . although they rectified the issue.. grin
where in lag did u write it?. There r 2 or more other centers in same lag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 8:07am On Nov 26, 2015
Help a brother any naira lander in minnesota should pls pm me abeg bros n sis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gabwiry: 9:29am On Nov 26, 2015
Hello good people and good Morning here, I have two questions that I want you guys to help me clear out, there are:
1. is the USA visa application fee the same with the interview schedule fee? if No, which will come first?
2. what are the necessary documents or papers needed before and after get an admission into any Us universities and please I need u Guys to recommend some universities that have high rate for admitting international student in USA for undergraduate degree. Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 26, 2015
bbdd:

Murfreesboro would never get to - 26°. I mean it's friggin Tennessee. Lol. This means winters are probably in the low - 1 to - 4 range. It snows for a day or two in a year and melts very fast.

You're not in Iowa or north Dakota.

I beg to disagree. It's not winter yet but I have experienced -7C. It's even snowy either. learned school went on break for 4days last spring cos on snow. A friend told me they recorded -26C last winter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2015
Glocal1:
where in lag did u write it?. There r 2 or more other centers in same lag.

JKK house...oohh
I might book like 2weeks b4 the Exam. and Abuja's seats are rearly filled on time.... so I am thinking of writing in ABJ..
So House, who has written GRE(Graduate Record Examination) in Abuja!!!....

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.