Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782205 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
UNIXLover:
Hello Guys,
Please advice me on this. I got my F1 Visa in December but was unable to travel and the school said I can come in Summer.. But I am not sure I want to go in summer. Whats the probability of getting the Visa if I re-appear again in fall since my current Visa would have expired by August.

Please Urgent !
Why wouldn't you travel before your visa elapse? What happened to community colleges?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
hi guys,
pls i would like to know if its safe to receive my i-20 via regular mailing services and not courier services that charge like dhl,ups. although i heard its not safe since shipment may delay for a month plus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
drOdu:
hi guys,
pls i would like to know if its safe to receive my i-20 via regular mailing services and not courier services that charge like dhl,ups. although i heard its not safe since shipment may delay for a month plus.
Why don't you use courier?.. Its 50-50 if you try to use the regular mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
profojah2:

Why don't you use courier?.. Its 50-50 if you try to use the regular mail

thank you! but it is costly...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by landuseact: 1:24am On Feb 09, 2016
drOdu:

thank you! but it is costly...

It's costly because they are charging you for assured service...your package is sure to arrive and arrive quickly. Trust me you don't want to joke with your i-20. I know it seems costly but look at all the wahala you must have done to apply to school, get admitted, then receive i-20. You don't want to mess the whole thing with undelivered i-20. Just bone face and pay.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mubarakopeyemi(m): 6:46am On Feb 09, 2016
ladelade11:
Please house! Anyone familiar with Frankline Uni in Columbus Ohio

Hi, what do u wanna know about them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:07am On Feb 09, 2016
UNIXLover:
Hello Guys,
Please advice me on this. I got my F1 Visa in December but was unable to travel and the school said I can come in Summer.. But I am not sure I want to go in summer. Whats the probability of getting the Visa if I re-appear again in fall since my current Visa would have expired by August.

Please Urgent !

You don't need to re apply and go for another visa interview again because you have a year grace to enter USA before the 2 years visa expired which means you can still attend for fall semester..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:11am On Feb 09, 2016
drOdu:
hi guys,

You can risk it if you stay in Lagos and sometimes it takes 2 weeks or a month (if their head is valid in profojah2 voice) or more than a month but if you don't stay in Lagos do not try taking the risk..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olenime(m): 8:23am On Feb 09, 2016
drOdu:
hi guys,

How much are we talking about? For. Dhl. Or ups?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by slystanley: 8:42am On Feb 09, 2016
hello house, am new here and I need your contribution here, am submitting my transcripts to WES for evaluation and I discovered that one has to submit certificate too, and the certificate will be submitted by the applicant, my question is, how do I send the certificate to them, is it by email or posting and is statement of result accepted by WES??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oganlalasokun: 8:50am On Feb 09, 2016
Pls what is the distance from JFK airport to a greyhound station in new York, and like how much will one pay to get a taxi that will carry one to the station.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2016
UNIXLover:
Hello Guys,

Please Urgent !
How many years visa were you granted?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello guys, I got admitted @ at a school. I have been searching for assistanship in my department. Now from info I gathered I would be able to get an RA from a Prof. that's into core Nuclear Research....asin...fusion and fission things.

Folks I read Mech Eng. I have never done anything in that area. My fear is that it would be a difficult switch.

I am in a quandary.

NB. The prof. Is in the Mech Eng.department
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
slystanley:
hello house, am new here and I need your contribution here, am submitting my transcripts to WES for evaluation and I discovered that one has to submit certificate too, and the certificate will be submitted by the applicant, my question is, how do I send the certificate to them, is it by email or posting and is statement of result accepted by WES??
Even though I asked a question here and no one answered me . I will answer you coz I know a little about your question.
You have to send the certificate through mail but please from my experience with nipost last month I would advise you use courier service even though nipost is not always inefficient, it is a 50-50 thing.
I also sent my Unilag certificate to Wes through nipost but it didn't get delivered until I sent it through courier. My document got delivered the third day and my status changed on WES to awaiting verification from institution. All the best..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
olenime:

How much are we talking about? For. Dhl. Or ups?

N20k for dhl,FedEx,ups...
anyone has stories of missing documents through regular courier?
can I-20 be replaced if missing by a courier service?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Pls what is the distance from JFK airport to a greyhound station in new York, and like how much will one pay to get a taxi that will carry one to the station.
Thanks
its not far,once u get cleared after arrival,ask the policemen u will see at the exit,they will give u direction on trains to take..or better still install uber or lyft app,they are way cheaper than patronizing those Pakistanis who from ur accent and body expressions can tell ur a first timer and exploit u..I paid over $80 during my time for a trip that costs not more than $10 according to the policeman I met...cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
slystanley:
i would have assisted u to post ur certificate by asking u to scan and mail to me after which I will post it for u,but after my experience here I am a bit laid back..u can get anyone here to do same on ur behalf...or u go to any TNT now called courier plus office and send via them,it's way cheaper,during my time I paid 7k...cheers..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello Folks

I am a new member here. I have read through several posts here; i must say that I am quite impressed with your astute, sound and relevant advice.

As I prepare for my Graduate studies come Fall this year, I have questions on my mind. But let me start with these:

With my I-20 from, how soon can I apply for visa, considering the fact that Fall semester won't start until August/September?

Secondly, my passport will expire in December 2016 and I am sure you are aware that I can't get renewal from immigration before a six-month pre-expiry timeline. What do you suggest I do about this?
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by slystanley: 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
hello boss, please, I will be very grateful and more than happy if you can assist me with this please, help your guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by slystanley: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
anikemoses:
i would have assisted u to post ur certificate by asking u to scan and mail to me after which I will post it for u,but after my experience here I am a bit laid back..u can get anyone here to do same on ur behalf...or u go to any TNT now called courier plus office and send via them,it's way cheaper,during my time I paid 7k...cheers..
hello boss, please, I will be very grateful and more than happy if you can assist me
with this please, help your guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by slystanley: 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
prayerrain:

Even though I asked a question here and no one answered me . I will answer you coz I know a little about your question.
You have to send the certificate through mail but please from my experience with nipost last month I would advise you use courier service even though nipost is not always inefficient, it is a 50-50 thing.
I also sent my Unilag certificate to Wes through nipost but it didn't get delivered until I sent it through courier. My document got delivered the third day and my status changed on WES to awaiting verification from institution. All the best..

thanks boss, I really appreciate, will they accept statement of result cos I have not collected my certificate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Good day house,
I recently applied for an F-1 visa and i got rejected in december 2015. Now i want to apply to another university for summer session but a friend of mine who once schooled in the US told me there is a cheaper way to school in the US. He said i can go to a community college then later transfer to a university. My first question now is, what are my chances of getting a visa if i applied to a community college? Compared to a normal university. My second question is the other university which i was to attend but got rejected deffered my admission to summer also but they told me my I-20 was mailed through unregistered regular mail. How long does it take to deliver to nigeria?

Best regards!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Rahmeek:
Good day house,
I recently applied for an F-1 visa and i got rejected in december 2015. Now i want to apply to another university for summer session but a friend of mine who once schooled in the US told me there is a cheaper way to school in the US. He said i can go to a community college then later transfer to a university. My first question now is, what are my chances of getting a visa if i applied to a community college? Compared to a normal university. My second question is the other university which i was to attend but got rejected deffered my admission to summer also but they told me my I-20 was mailed through unregistered regular mail. How long does it take to deliver to nigeria?
Best regards!!

Some confusion here!
You need to apply to the higher school (university) to get a visa.
Then when you get to Obamaland, transfer to a community college.
But remember C.C. is a lower school and their certificates are worth less in the job market!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
slystanley:

thanks boss, I really appreciate, will they accept statement of result cos I have not collected my certificate?
somebody on this thread once used his/her statement of result you can read some pages back.

which nigerian university did you go to ? and which
university are you applying to ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
worry359:

Some confusion here!
You need to apply to the higher school (university) to get a visa.
Then when you get to Obamaland, transfer to a community college.
But remember C.C. is a lower school and their certificates are worth less in the job market!

why was ur F1 visa declined?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cuteconnec: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Bros, i advice you to send email to the university to transfer your sevis details to the community college before you travel. Also inform the international students advisor at the community college to accept your sevis and prepare a new i20 for you.(after you get the visa to the university)
You can travel directly to the community college witgout having to show at the university after these steps.
Finally i dont think its a good idea to mention community college to the VO. Just tell him the universities you applied and why you applied there.

i had a similar transfer case between 2 universities.

Olacombs23:
hello house. i applied for 3schools in usa, 2unis and a community college and i hve their admission letters and 1-20. i intend going to the community college. but i just want to use the university 1-20 so they wont deny me visa. now my questions are

1: if i gt to usa, shld i go to the community colege state and start college and just forgt about the uni. hope there wont be any problem.
2.do the v.o's knows the school youve applied for already, cause they always ask the numbers of schools you applied for, can i say just the university and not tell d v.o i also chosed a community college or i shld tell the truth
Please hlp me out mates. My interview will come up soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
drOdu:

why was ur F1 visa declined?

214(b)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AgreatMan: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
dicapino:

I think they require LORS. I sent in 2.....check their website the info is there.

As for contacting them. I think it would be better you call. That's more effective.

Thanks, I will call them later today. As per your admission, nuclear is some really strange shiitt. Maybe you can connect with current graduate students on Linkedin or fb.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sirriddy, I am patiently waiting for your interview transcript. I'm also coming to Kansas Fall, 2017 for my PhD program. I've decided to take the bold step.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by slystanley: 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
prayerrain:

somebody on this thread once used his/her statement of result you can read some pages back.

which nigerian university did you go to ? and which
university are you applying to ?

Ok boss, the statement of result worked??
I graduated from the university of Benin and am applying for fall admission at southern Arkansas university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Femora002: 7:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
slimmy2005:
Sirriddy, I am patiently waiting for your interview transcript. I'm also coming to Kansas Fall, 2017 for my PhD program. I've decided to take the bold step.

Slimmy my chairman. It would be a privilege to meet you ooo. Jehovah's willing am heading to Kansas for the fall session. I will look for a way to see you Sha. I spoke with virginice recently. She was very receptive and kind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
That would be nice
slimmy2005:

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.