Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:53 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (778494 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:26am On Feb 13, 2016
warriboy21:

so does it mean ders no hope for f1 students job aftea school

There are lots of jobs out there and people get multiple job offers even on F-1, but you need to be smart about the process; starting from what course you choose to study, skills you acquire during the course of your study, who you network with, getting acquainted with companies that employ people with your background and qualifications, branding-how you sell yourself. A lot of stuffs come into play, but yeah there are things you can do to better position yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 3:55am On Feb 13, 2016
godG:
Kennyrony, how far? How have you been?
Am fine bro. Longest time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 4:00am On Feb 13, 2016
godG:

That MTU na one hell of a village! cheesy Sorry, kennyrony.
You are correct about the age thing. Before my mama go dey go aladura house ontop my mata. But seriously, I don't think I would leave Madison sha.
Lol... No mind Slimmy jor. You go enjoy MTU wella... lol. Anyway am no more there, I transferred SNHU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 4:14am On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

Mehn US is not my problem. If u want i can snap my passport pages for you to see. I have visited countries not country. I am more than that. Always try to know a person better before you try to look down on the person .i was having an educative interaction with a reasonable person and you just popped in to say bullshit. Grow up

u dey find school up and down like woman whey miss menstruation if the US is not your problem you for go Osun State University go dey buy and sell motor.

Empty Kom kom makes the most annoying noise

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:24am On Feb 13, 2016
Mayflowa:

No are correct. Anywhere goes.

Tanx jare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 13, 2016
fizzile:
[b][/b] CBN BANS USE OF NAIRA FOR OVERSEE STUDIES...ghen ghen!!!!
According to Boason Omofaye, the head of business
news at Channels television, who made this
assertion this morning, overseas school fees and
medical tourism have been placed on CBN’s foreign
exchange prohibitive list.
By this directive, Nigerians who may need to go
outside the country for education purpose or health
care will have to get the foreign currency from the
parallel market to carry out their engagements.
This reason for this new development could not be
ascertained but it may not be unconnected to the
weakening state of the Nigerian currency against the
dollar on the parallel market.
GUYS WHAT'S THE IMPLICATION?
Confusion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by somlaw213: 7:33am On Feb 13, 2016
my story goes like this. I am 25 years old. the last time i was at the embassy, was in october. An agent that filled my form form, he filled that i was studying economics and that i am in 3 hundred level and it was on the basis that i'm taking my sick father for operation in the usa. Although I studied computer and graduated june last year from babcock university. Now I've gotten admission in the community college texas to study computer science. I don't want to change my information to avoid any complication. with my interview scheduled for next week. hopefully when i get my visa, I can then apply for masters. I just saw a link to this forum last night and thought I should share my story with you. can someone advice me on the possible questions. Or what do you advice me to do ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Solitin40: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2016
please is western union different from western union business solutions

And also is western union available i mean send money from nigeria to Australia

Pple who payed for school fees starting from January what d u use to make the transaction talking about the platform u used

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Chiddy390: 8:00am On Feb 13, 2016
I'm 24 and a graduate of a uni here in Nigeria. I just got my i-20 to study an undergraduate course in the USA. What a my chances of getting a visa. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 9:08am On Feb 13, 2016
Fortissimo:

Thanks bro. How far u? March abi.
yesoo. Although i have got rejects from utk and usf. But Praying for the best and also preparing for worst. Congrats once more bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brokensword: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek?suggest good technical institution in us for construction courses, it shouldn't exceed one year program, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 9:53am On Feb 13, 2016
Please ogas at the top,

I hail ooo.

Please I need help as regards my application, the school is asking for an overall GPA over 4.0 and gave instructions on how to calculate it but there is no E on the scale and all the grades have + and -, A+, A, A- and the likes, Do I just use the the A's , B's and the likes because the scaling has no score.

Still preparing for GRE..

What do I do?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 13, 2016
paulbets:
yesoo. Although i have got rejects from utk and usf. But Praying for the best and also preparing for worst. Congrats once more bro!

Thanks my guy. Were those the PhDs? Yours will through!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2016
paulbets:
Kingsville & Southflorida rejected you? Damn!!.Maybe they are stringent with applicants with publications since its PhD.. Let's hope for the other schools.. I'm very confident other schools will accept you, Your profile is very good.. Just keep praying bro.. Btw, when is your POP?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 10:31am On Feb 13, 2016
Fortissimo:

Thanks my guy. Were those the PhDs? Yours will through!
amen o. utk was phd while usf was msc. The race is fierce o but we are still on track and by God's help will surely triumph
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2016
profojah2:

Kingsville & Southflorida rejected you? Damn!!.Maybe they are stringent with applicants with publications since its PhD.. Let's hope for the other schools.. I'm very confident other schools will accept you, Your profile is very good.. Just keep praying bro.. Btw, when is your POP?
as in ehnn... They composed those their sorry bla bla messages. I am trusting God all the same. As regards pop there's no official date yet though rumour pegs it on april 14. Thanks bro! The struggle is real but hope is not lost.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 13, 2016
paulbets:
amen o. utk was phd while usf was msc. The race is fierce o but we are still on track and by God's help will surely triumph

Yes my guy. Never stop believing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by moegharevba: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2016
pls I need info abt Liberty University, ca
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 13, 2016
[s][/s]
imperiouxx:

I strongly disagree with this line among others. [/b]Only a quite few organizations are ready to sponsor your PR[b]. [s][/s]The more reason why at the mention of F1 status during most job interviews[s][/s]... you're done.

You still don't get the point of if you are outstanding. It is all about your speciality. For exqmple, like i read in the papers about a young man un nigeria who has the talent of manufacturing drones, if that young man should go and study in the US, the americans would not want him to return to africa to bring development they will sponsor so they can use his talent for their comfort and national security. For that kind of person, they have a strong reason to tell the immigration why that man should be given GC. But a person with a degree in for example BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, what do you want them to tell the immigration as a reason to keep you? That they are not americans who have degrees in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION?? Sure they won't take that. That is why i said if you are outstanding and your speciality are rare, sure you will be sponsored.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2016
Mayflowa:

I tire for the guy. He knows next to nothing about Texas and others states in the US even more so, the way they are structured.

I believe this forum is mean't for us to educate each other on specific issues. Why don't you educate me about this USA that you know better than everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
brokensword:
Rahmeek?suggest good technical institution in us for construction courses, it shouldn't exceed one year program, thanks

Hello,
You can try this schools.
- SOUTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MINES AND TECHNOLOGY
- INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
- STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY
- ASHWORTH COLLEGE

Regards!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

Yeah they pay higher. But not much difference. But what is the difference when you work 1 full month and earn $2000 then you pay $1000 + for studio, pay utility bills and you are left with maybe less or $500-700. You aren't saving and it is not wise. But in a place like texas, you work and earn $2000 or let me say $1500 monthly, you pay $500 for a good looking self contained apartment monthly.pay your utility bills, save the rest .and you have other business opportunities in TX compared to CA that is chilling place
Bro, do you know schools in Texas that waive TOEFL for msc in mech eng? Also, schools in same TX that will accept upload of unofficial GRE score report and transcript for application, and then have me send official copies after making an admission offer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

Yeah they pay higher. But not much difference. But what is the difference when you work 1 full month and earn $2000 then you pay $1000 + for studio, pay utility bills and you are left with maybe less or $500-700. You aren't saving and it is not wise. But in a place like texas, you work and earn $2000 or let me say $1500 monthly, you pay $500 for a good looking self contained apartment monthly.pay your utility bills, save the rest .and you have other business opportunities in TX compared to CA that is chilling place

Bros with big eye,

The remaining 500-700 what should i spend it on?
Your analysis sweet ghan. ..
You should be US Treasury Secretary, you never dream that one join?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
lobito007:

Bro, do you know schools in Texas that waive TOEFL for msc in mech eng? Also, schools in same TX that will accept upload of unofficial GRE score report and transcript for application, and then have me send official copies after making an admission offer.

Hello,
You can try TEXAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY, FORTHWORTH. Best of luck

Regards!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
Jchi9876:

Bros with big eye,

The remaining 500-700 what should i spend it on?
Your analysis sweet ghan. ..
You should be US Treasury Secretary.
You never dream that one too?

This man!! Why are you so interested in my posts?? I thought this is a forum for everybody who wants to make a contribution. I said my own opinion, why not say yours rather than stalking me. Try to be more civilised please.

Best wishes!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

This man!! Why are you so interested in my posts?? I thought this is a forum for everybody who wants to make a contribution. I said my own opinion, why not say yours rather than stalking me. Try to be more civilised please.

Best wishes!!

Just like you said its a forum i can quote whoever and whenever.

If you dont wanna be quoted dont post.
as simple as your daydreams grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:
[s][/s]

You still don't get the point of if you are outstanding. It is all about your speciality. For exqmple, like i read in the papers about a young man un nigeria who has the talent of manufacturing drones, if that young man should go and study in the US, the americans would not want him to return to africa to bring development they will sponsor so they can use his talent for their comfort and national security. For that kind of person, they have a strong reason to tell the immigration why that man should be given GC. But a person with a degree in for example BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, what do you want them to tell the immigration as a reason to keep you? That they are not americans who have degrees in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION?? Sure they won't take that. That is why i said if you are outstanding and your speciality are rare, sure you will be sponsored.

Childhood Fantasy! You surely don't know anything about student transition in U.S. DHS gives no heck about who you're or what you studied if you don't have any element of what someone that has been through the system such biikey stated. U.S don't even give a heck about even the "concussion doctor" until they started bringing him to light through various media.

FYI: Anything that's security belongs to the Department of defense and such job is only for the AMERICANS not even those on green card with 4.0 cgpa. Someone with a degree in B. Admin can get a job faster while that talent with knowledge of drone manufacturing is working in a restaurant. This is U.S, many factors beyond what's in your head determines how far you go in U.S. Most Africans that made impart in U.S are either African born Americans or those that had up to 90% of their education in U.S.

Also there are some courses that some schools will only admit the citizens and GC holders to.

I'm done with you.

biikeys:

There are lots of jobs out there and people get multiple job offers even on F-1, but you need to be smart about the process; starting from what course you choose to study, skills you acquire during the course of your study, who you network with, getting acquainted with companies that employ people with your background and qualifications, branding-how you sell yourself. A lot of stuffs come into play, but yeah there are things you can do to better position yourself.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
imperiouxx:

Childhood Fantasy! You surely don't know anything about student transition in U.S. DHS gives no heck about who you're or what you studied if you don't have any element of what someone that has been through the system such biikey stated. U.S don't even give a heck about even the "concussion doctor" until they started bringing him to light through various media.

FYI: Anything that's security belongs to the Department of defense and such job is only for the AMERICANS not even those on green card with 4.0 cgpa. Someone with a degree in B. Admin can get a job faster while that talent with knowledge of drone manufacturing is working in a restaurant. This is U.S, many factors beyond what's in your head determines how far you go in U.S. Most Africans that made impart in U.S are either African born Americans or those that had up to 90% of their education in U.S.

Also there are some courses that some schools will only admit the citizens and GC holders to.

I'm done with you.

Only foreign-born non-U.S. citizens having green cards can enlist in the Marine Corps or the other three military service branches. Also, U.S. resident aliens desiring to enlist as Marines must be able to speak, write and read English fluently.

'A non-citizen can enlist in the military. However, federal law prohibits non-citizens from becoming commission or warrant officers"

You still don't understand the american state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

Only foreign-born non-U.S. citizens having green cards can enlist in the Marine Corps or the other three military service branches. Also, U.S. resident aliens desiring to enlist as Marines must be able to speak, write and read English fluently.

'A non-citizen can enlist in the military. However, federal law prohibits non-citizens from becoming commission or warrant officers"

You still don't understand the american state.

Are you in Alaba or Ladipo? I have a business for you?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
somlaw213:
my story goes like this. I am 25 years old. the last time i was at the embassy, was in october. An agent that filled my form form, he filled that i was studying economics and that i am in 3 hundred level and it was on the basis that i'm taking my sick father for operation in the usa. Although I studied computer and graduated june last year from babcock university. Now I've gotten admission in the community college texas to study computer science. I don't want to change my information to avoid any complication. with my interview scheduled for next week. hopefully when i get my visa, I can then apply for masters. I just saw a link to this forum last night and thought I should share my story with you. can someone advice me on the possible questions. Or what do you advice me to do ??
How do you intend to explain to the VO your reason of choosing a community college? You are a university graduate already, I wonder how u would convince the VO why you chose community college over thousands of US university that offers post grad programs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
temi4fash:
Please ogas at the top,

I hail ooo.

Please I need help as regards my application, the school is asking for an overall GPA over 4.0 and gave instructions on how to calculate it but there is no E on the scale and all the grades have + and -, A+, A, A- and the likes, Do I just use the the A's , B's and the likes because the scaling has no score.

Still preparing for GRE..

What do I do?

Thanks
Your best bet is to get your transcript evaluated by the recommended firms the school advises. You wanna evaluate yourself and send to them

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.