Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782290 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
Mekurexx:
Congrats Halidaf Very Nice interview!. I tap into it & testimony!
tnx man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
MrMann1:
Congrats @halidaf
tnx

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
tosynbolade:

Oh that's cool, I am studying Chemistry too. MS. Hope you are trying to send mail to the graduate coordinator as regards funding
yh.
waiting for his reply.
are you on assistantship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
don4ye:
@ Halidaf congrats once again... You good... Make you enjoy Warriboy jeep o b4 u get urs
Yep. Warriboy got a nice jeep! grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
Peeps I just got shortlisted for GA. Grad school and marketing position. My dept chair recommended me.. I hope I make it finally cus its just for 2 people and my own dept no get GA.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
Donprada:
thank you. Please how do I notarized affifavit of support? My school requires a notorized affidavit of support before isuance of i20
please house kindly help with question above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by slystanley: 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Please house, who can help me to pay for sevis fee, I can't go to seme cos am not in lagos, please someone should help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bayocanny: 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
cseejhay:
please is there anybody in the house currently studying at universitybof missouri, kansas city, or someone that has real good knowledge of the school,pls help.i need to ask some questions. urgent.thanks in anticipation..
Cc: amanze
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Fortissimo:
D***oflife I see you too.
lool. That moniker tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
dickoflife:
Peeps I just got shortlisted for GA. Grad school and marketing position. My dept chair recommended me.. I hope I make it finally cus its just for 2 people and my own dept no get GA.
Good news.
All the best baba.
Everything go gel

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Holudarey01:

Good news.
All the best baba.
Everything go gel
bro i no sabi. i hope it works cis we plenty dem shortlist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
Donprada:
thank you. Please how do I notarized affifavit of support? My school requires a notorized affidavit of support before isuance of i20

Take it to the US embassy to do that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
slystanley:
Please house, who can help me to pay for sevis fee, I can't go to seme cos am not in lagos, please someone should help

Pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by penroll55(m): 12:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Please all the gurus in usa, which SIM card is cheaper and preferable to buy considering the monthly plan and Internet and that can work is iPhone 5.
Slimmy2005, impriouxx and others please I need suggestions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 12:53am On Apr 29, 2016
penroll55:
Please all the gurus in usa, which SIM card is cheaper and preferable to buy considering the monthly plan and Internet and that can work is iPhone 5.
I use H20 wireless, it uses AT&T network, it's for $30 monthly with a 500 MB just in case you don't have access to a wifi, you also get $10 to call naija.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 29, 2016
dickoflife:
Halidaf congrats... Will pay ma visa fee next week. Am off to the embassy as soon as I can book a date.. Fortissimo I sight u.. Holudarey well don.. Don4eye ku ise o... Imperiouxxx how market na? Lovely weekend to everyone. Am still getting over the stress of my cotonou journey... Abuja will be my own point for interviews... Wish me luck.
Goodluck, welcome to Abuja in advance. Waiting to chop fish with you in celebration of your successful visa interview.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 1:38am On Apr 29, 2016
halidaf:
<<^c>bx>y u play Sega? That's nob sibot finish him
I play Sega na.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 29, 2016
penroll55:
lycamobile and ultra mobile are cheap in terms of calls. But for data or is crap. I use cricket wireless now. I will suggest you for the h2o if they have coverage where you are.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 4:05am On Apr 29, 2016
halidaf:

I would be an ingrate if I don’t post my transcript on here.. I have really benefited from this forum, met great people, had good laughs etc.. my interview was for 11am, but I got there as early as 9.05.. the devil tried to raise his ugly head several times but the angel God sent ahead took charge.. I woke up in the Morning and decided to cancel a prior agreement I had with a Taxi guy just to save cost and of course Brt was just the best option cos of traffic and all.. naso I enter BRT ooo, highlighted at cms, I was about to board a bike when one man pulled me back, I swear I ready punch person at that moment.. naso the guy bring out i.d card said he is from kinikankinikan division that he wants to search the envelope I was with (for my mind ‘ na u them send from my village abi’).. he went through my docs I just dey look am.. then d next thing I heard was you may have to follow me to lions building to verify some of your docs as this is a regular routine blabla and this would not take long at all, story! Do u have anything to say, he asked.. Oga I fit make call to my papa? He was like no! who be your papa sef? Then I told him, Oya call am sef he replied.. after a brief chat with popsy he sha look me dey smile “u for talk since na, Dog no dey chop Dog.. lol naso e find bike for me oo, put hand for pocket pay d bike.. I sha enter d embassy car park… suddenly my heart beat changed, I became really nervous, I sha sat down outside chilling…. Fast forward………
Got into the main decision room after much checks and all… most b1/b2 applicants were denied.. he got to my turn and suddenly I lost control of my right leg, d leg just dey shake anyhow
v.o Good morning
me : good morning
she had her eyes glued at her screen and kept on typing, at this point I had to put myself together, I took a deep breath and yh I felt real good
we did the finger print bla bla and at this point my confidence level was very ok
vo: so where are u going to?
Me: ( see question, I dey go farm) I am going to the us for masters in international business, trade and policy
Vo: what school?
Me: Valparaiso university Indiana
Vo: u said you are going to study what again?
Me:  I replied
Vo: so why did u choose this course?
Me : I chose this course cos it will help me develop the required skills and expertise needed to understand the global economy  through the knowledge of some key element of international biz such as the global finace and investment, this will malso prepare me for a career as a economics/management analyst and also improve my opportunity of joining the cbn
Vo: don’t u think the cbn will prefer a degree in ecn?
Me: well the international biz course is more flexible as it combines biz and ecn courses with relevant policies that revolves around economic growth which will be (cuts in)
Vo: that’s ok (nodding)
Vo: whats d name of your undergraduate institution
Me: University of Ilorin
Vo: undergraduate course
Me :Business administration
So why Valparaiso uni?
Me: I chose this school cos am very much interested in their international biz department and also there is an ongoing development research by Dr Jacob sitati on trade policies titled “how trade policies can support poverty reduction and economic growth in developing nations with a case study of the African and asian economy.. (she don dey nod like agama at this point.. I just soju nu(throway face) they form baddo), this will however enable me to understand (cuts in)
Vo: I will be approving blablablablabla…. Stretched out d white paper, I stared at d white paper to see if she circled any location for pickup.. I was about to ask when someone in my head spoke to me (ode u no go carry ur long ogo comot from there b4 she collect am give u ur passport back mumu)
Me: *bouncing*bouncing*bouncing*boning till I got to the door… I com smile

No single doc was asked.. I really wanna appreciate everyone on this thread for their input, I hardly drop comments on here but I can not go a day without observing peoples post, and trust me have learnt a lot.. my transcript may not be fantastic but come on, No be by fantastic for those wey God be for..”if God be for us, who can go against us? Prayer is key oo my people, I no sabi fast ooo I tried it on Tuesday but men as 10:30am nak everything wey I dey see na just black and white, my eye no gree see color again… shoutout to everyone, My niggar warriboy that woke me up from my sleep with his credit for interview rehearsals ( me wey get interview dey snor) you took it upon urself to see me through, woke me up in d morning again for another round of drilling.. God go bless u for me. Fortissmo d man that gingered me to pick an early date and consistently ensured he followed up with every step of my application.. God will reward u.. Don4aye thanks for the continuous prayers and words of encouragement.. I urge everyone to observe every individual on here, select few ones that u feel ok with and bond well with them.. we sometimes cant do this alone, we need God and meaningful people *dropsMic*

Congrats man!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2016
cseejhay:
please is there anybody in the house currently studying at universitybof missouri, kansas city, or someone that has real good knowledge of the school,pls help.i need to ask some questions. urgent.thanks in anticipation..
bros my school dey for the University of missouri system, but i no dey kansas city but i have considerable information you might require so please fire down. i replied your email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 8:03am On Apr 29, 2016
Donprada:
Notaries Public are usually lawyers who have been confered with that priviledge. Visit a law firm, ask to meet a notary public. He'll first help you depose to an affidavit and then notarize same for you. Shikina! Then you pay.

Congrats halidaf!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bobority: 8:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Hello everyone congrats to those who got deir visas recently. I have a question concerning d ds160... while filling d page for US contact and I filled d name n surname I also expected to be able to fill d organization name but it automatically cancels the name n surname I filled above n ticks do not know.. this also happens vice versa if I fill in the surname and given names d organization name also ticks DO NOT KNOW. after reviewing at d end of d application dat part will den b answered as do not know.. pls is dis normal?. thanks ya'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 29, 2016
Bobority:
Hello everyone congrats to those who got deir visas recently. I have a question concerning d ds160... while filling d page for US contact and I filled d name n surname I also expected to be able to fill d organization name but it automatically cancels the name n surname I filled above n ticks do not know.. this also happens vice versa if I fill in the surname and given names d organization name also ticks DO NOT KNOW. after reviewing at d end of d application dat part will den b answered as do not know.. pls is dis normal?. thanks ya'all
Hello, are you talking about filling the name of school for your application? Can't really understand your write up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bobority: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2016
DeeTus:
Hello, are you talking about filling the name of school for your application? Can't really understand your write up.

thanks for ur help.... dat part where dey ask for US CONTACT where u are supposed to fill d surname n given names of d school official and also d organization name which is obviously d name of d school, Below, Dey ask ur relationship with what u have filled above n one is supposed to pick school official among d options den u go ahead to fill d address, phone number n email address of d school official. d part I'm having issue with is d organization name n d surname n gicen names of d school official. it happens dat u cannot fill the two at d same time d oda automatically ticks do not know as soon as you start filling one of dem. I hope u understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 9:31am On Apr 29, 2016
Adazlolly:
Goodluck, welcome to Abuja in advance. Waiting to chop fish with you in celebration of your successful visa interview.
amen. i claim it dear. but i dont chop fish again cus of fat o. na nkwobi tins. nwanne fresh fish odikwa very risky.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 29, 2016
Bobority:

thanks for ur help.... dat part where dey ask for US CONTACT where u are supposed to fill d surname n given names of d school official and also d organization name which is obviously d name of d school, Below, Dey ask ur relationship with what u have filled above n one is supposed to pick school official among d options den u go ahead to fill d address, phone number n email address of d school official. d part I'm having issue with is d organization name n d surname n gicen names of d school official. it happens dat u cannot fill the two at d same time d oda automatically ticks do not know as soon as you start filling one of dem. I hope u understand
I understood now. Obviously you have to fill the "organization name". Do not tick "do not know" otherwise it will mean that you don't know where you're heading to in the US and also could lead to "visa denial". God forbid though!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2016
DeeTus:
I understood now. Obviously you have to fill the "organization name". Do not tick "do not know" otherwise it will mean that you don't know where you're heading to in the US and also could lead to "visa denial". God forbid though!

I think her issue is that the box is automatically ticked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 29, 2016
Fortissimo:

Really? Let her try again. It cannot be automatic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bobority: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2016
Fortissimo:

exactly it ticks automatically
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bobority: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
DeeTus:
Really? Let her try again. It cannot be automatic.

I have tried several times n d same thing happens... pls has anyone witnessed dis!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 29, 2016
Bobority:

I have tried several times n d same thing happens... pls has anyone witnessed dis!
Save all the info you already filled and return later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (401)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.