Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (778500 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by texrem(m): 10:01pm On May 03, 2016
Walspring:

Yes it possible since he couldn't get it via regular mail..

Why didn't he pay for the courier shipping fee because regular mail nah die oo and it take longer than expected

Okay bro thanks.....Long time...where ve u been?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 10:32pm On May 03, 2016
No matter what, I aint giving up. I will restrategize and hit them hard. Now I can figure out where I got it all wrong. Firstly,I didn't really contact some faculty advisers,though I did but none responded positively. Noted !!! Secondly,I have to focus on related field as it affected. Noted!!! Guess I also have to look at some low rated schools to be on d safe side. I must testify here !!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dammysmart: 10:45pm On May 03, 2016
someone please help me here, which school in the USA can I apply to with a tuition fee as low as $6000 for MSc, is there at all and if any please can u state a few school. tnx in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:46pm On May 03, 2016
fizzile:
No matter what, I aint giving up. I will restrategize and hit them hard. Now I can figure out where I got it all wrong. Firstly,I didn't really contact some faculty advisers,though I did but none responded positively. Noted !!! Secondly,I have to focus on related field as it affected. Noted!!! Guess I also have to look at some low rated schools to be on d safe side. I must testify here !!!

What are you applying for, grad masters or phd?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 10:47pm On May 03, 2016
Dammysmart:
someone please help me here, which school in the USA can I apply to with a tuition fee as low as $6000 for MSc, is there at all and if any please can u state a few school. tnx in anticipation.
Minot state university is about 7k for Msc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:48pm On May 03, 2016
Dammysmart:

$6000/semester or year or during of studies? Be clear. Check mid west and southern states.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 10:49pm On May 03, 2016
lazywriter:
Hello House...

VISA interview is tomorrow, and I want to know what you guys think about the reply to the question "what will this course do for you" .....Course is Technology Management (blend of Tech and Business).

Answer: It will help me assess the Nigerian sectors for shortcomings and analyse ways of improving them using technology.
your response is good but technology in Nigeria is wack. so it will be better to define tech mgt to the VO so he can have an idea then you can say your previous statement your post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:51pm On May 03, 2016
zeezahbee:
your response is good but technology in Nigeria is wack. so it will be better to define tech mgt to the VO so he can have an idea then you can say your previous statement your post.

Hello.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 10:52pm On May 03, 2016
imperiouxx:

What are you applying for, grad masters or phd?
Masters..cheeii i know help is coming.. Masters boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dammysmart: 11:03pm On May 03, 2016
imperiouxx:

$6000/semester or year or during of studies? Be clear. Check mid west and southern states.
if it's per semester sir, how little can I get??..

and please house, is there difference in a cgpa of 3.3 and 2.7 in admission chances??. tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 11:04pm On May 03, 2016
fizzile:
Masters..cheeii i know help is coming.. Masters boss

There was a time I posted about a school in Oregon that required 2.75 gpa. As a matter of fact, since your profile is not competitive enough, you need to get pass the 300 mark in gre. Showing a good gre score will give them reconsideration about your academic performance. Look for more schools with minimum requirements. Best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 11:07pm On May 03, 2016
Dammysmart:
if it's per semester sir, how little can I get??..

and please house, is there difference in a cgpa of 3.3 and 2.7 in admission chances??. tnx

If you don't mind south, check among TX, AZ, NM, CO schools. They are cheap around that side. $6000/semester for a masters is really possible.

@difference in the cgpa, the difference is that 3.3 seems to have more understanding of learning materials and have more chance of getting admitted than 2.7. It's like asking what's the difference between B+ and C-. The cgpa is the baseline of every admission screening. In statistics, for a normal curve, x bar + or - standard deviation means a lot. They set the minimum at 3.0 adding 0.30 to the minimum (mean) puts you on the bright side and taking 0.30 from the mean puts you on the poor side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 11:08pm On May 03, 2016
imperiouxx:

Hello.
HI bro, how your side? it's been a while.

check my last 3 post and see if you can input something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 11:10pm On May 03, 2016
zeezahbee:
HI bro, how your side? it's been a while.

check my last 3 post and see if you can input something.

OK. I will
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 11:10pm On May 03, 2016
brightify:
thanks, how many days does it take wu for the payment

Immediately your payment is made.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:28pm On May 03, 2016
dickoflife:
u can edit ur ds 160 after submitting o. I did it simply go to d page and click on retrieve application and follow d prompt.

Are you kidding me

I guess you saying something else like retrieving confirmation page... Because applicant are warned that when you click submit, you can't edit the application form..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:30pm On May 03, 2016
texrem:

Okay bro thanks.....Long time...where ve u been?

I have been busy with some schedules here..

How that side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:35pm On May 03, 2016
Buccattee:

Thanks bro,
So after getting my passport renewed, I can change the passport number on the same DS 160 form and also change it on appointment page? Will that change my interview date? My interview is 11 of May.

Before if you want to change your ds160 confirmation number at the appointment page you will have to cancel the interview before you can change it..

But now that someone said you can edit your ds160 after submission might be a new policy which I don't know about since it has been long I fill ds160 form..

Try it and confirm because I can remember vividly that there is a warning there that when you submit this form, you can't edit it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 12:27am On May 04, 2016
brightify:
thanks, how many days does it take wu for the payment

Within 24 to 48 hours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:28am On May 04, 2016
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 1:08am On May 04, 2016
zeezahbee:

His answer is bad because it is not specific. it will be better to say:
"Business services in Nigeria is still very basic and inefficient. Technologies that can aid customer service, payment, human resources and material allocation with undoubtedly improve the bottom line of businesses and create satisfied customers and employees.

These are what the course is about. To improve and develop business solutions using technology."

@lazywriter
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 1:40am On May 04, 2016
Walspring:

Are you kidding me

I guess you saying something else like retrieving confirmation page... Because applicant are warned that when you click submit, you can't edit the application form..
i retrieved, edited mind. They gave me new number but i have not booked appointment yet. U can edit as many times as possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 1:45am On May 04, 2016
Mayflowa:

His answer is bad because it is not specific. it will be better to say:
"Business services in Nigeria is still very basic and inefficient. Technologies that can aid customer service, payment, human resources and material allocation with undoubtedly improve the bottom line of businesses and create satisfied customers and employees.

These are what the course is about. To improve and develop business solutions using technology."

@lazywriter
did you see my post, that was why I said he should define it and he can add his previous sentence as a buffer. when I say define is expantiate more about technology management so the VO can understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 1:45am On May 04, 2016
dickoflife:
i retrieved, edited mind. They gave me new number but i have not booked appointment yet. U can edit as many times as possible.

I think there is something u are not getting right. The dude said after submitting and not after saving which is only when u can retrieve and edit.

But if you insist it's possible, then it must be a new rule cos the last time I filled one was 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 2:40am On May 04, 2016
zeezahbee:
did you see my post, that was why I said he should define it and he can add his previous sentence as a buffer. when I say define is expantiate more about technology management so the VO can understand

I know. You are right. I know you just wanted to be very polite with him which is cool. There is nothing that pisses oyinbo off as being general and vague during interviews and essays. My people, naija, are very found of it.

When I got to us embassy. I was so passed off my myself. One man was asked why are going to us and all he could say I am going on a visit.

Another was asked why did you choose Texas when he said he is going as Tourist. He said he has been to many countries before Uk, Germany, Italy etc but he hasn't visited US. So he decided to choose Texas!

Of course, they were rudely denied!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 5:38am On May 04, 2016
warriboy21:

Valparaiso University... D best University in the mid western region by US news cool

Dream on. tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chaiks: 6:24am On May 04, 2016
Gud people over here, you v been doing great job. I want to know if it's a must that someone who wants to do masters or social science course in the states must do gre. I intend to find school for masters in international relations. Must I write gre with IELT? and are there schools that give scholarships even if it's a full tuition waiver.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:26am On May 04, 2016
aadeyi:

I think there is something u are not getting right. The dude said after submitting and not after saving which is only when u can retrieve and edit.

But if you insist it's possible, then it must be a new rule cos the last time I filled one was 2014
I didnt save my first application and i retrieved it and edited it cus i wanted to change status and it worked only thing is if u filled d visa application form with a date for interview at that point i dont think its possible anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:31am On May 04, 2016
chaiks:
Gud people over here, you v been doing great job. I want to know if it's a must that someone who wants to do masters or social science course in the states must do gre. I intend to find school for masters in international relations. Must I write gre with IELT? and are there schools that give scholarships even if it's a full tuition waiver.
Hahaha. It isn't. Apparently, no one is pressurizing you to take these tests.

Yes, schools do award full-scholarship.

@Tola, please go to Valpo's website, the info you need is there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 8:02am On May 04, 2016
dickoflife:
I didnt save my first application and i retrieved it and edited it cus i wanted to change status and it worked only thing is if u filled d visa application form with a date for interview at that point i dont think its possible anymore.

Need someone to confirm ur claim
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 9:22am On May 04, 2016
aadeyi:

Need someone to confirm ur claim
I guess you guys are referring to the same thing. Retrieving your application after it has been electronically signed and submitted will generate the info you filled on the previous ds160 but it will issue you a new number(he mentioned that in his previous post). I think that will be applicable for someone who hasn't booked his/her interview with the previous ds160.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 9:41am On May 04, 2016
cutemorgan:

I guess you guys are referring to the same thing. Retrieving your application after it has been electronically signed and submitted will generate the info you filled on the previous ds160 but it will issue you a new number(he mentioned that in his previous post). I think that will be applicable for someone who hasn't booked his/her interview with the previous ds160.
your head is super valid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.