Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (782902 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by freshboi34(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2015
Morning everyone, am currently studying electrical/electronics engineering in part5 doing my final exams..i need you guys to put me through procuring U.S visa for my masters program..would appreciate if ma enquiry it's being attended to....#firsttimeintheroom
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=sebas78 post=38802096][/quote] Am so happy for u. These are the sort of news and post we want to see. We will join u soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by generalfag: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls HOUSE, How can i register for SAT and TOEFL In Nigeria? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
tosynbolade:

Oh..same department!!..
hello people, I'm applying to Chem fall 2016 @ ETSU. can I pm you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
generalfag:

For toefl www.ets.org/toefl

For SAT pm me for the address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by freshboi34(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
fizzile:
Am so happy for u. These are the sort of news and post we want to see. We will join u soon.
finestcash:
thank you but when can he schedule an appointment
Pls house I need answers to my enquiry ooo for those who are in the best position to offer their candid advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tosynbolade(m): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Holudarey01:

hello people, I'm applying to Chem fall 2016 @ ETSU.
can I pm you?

No problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tipssy1: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=sebas78 post=38802096][/quote]
You suppose don share this good story since,
Congrats to you sebas78.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by freshboi34(m): 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
@generalfag and fizzle please help on the enquiry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ishowdels(m): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2015
generalfag:

Brother, This might be useful for the registration.

www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/293#24718753
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by generalfag: 7:19am On Oct 10, 2015
Walspring:

For toefl www.ets.org/toefl

For SAT pm me for the address
Thanks boss, thanks alot
Ishowdels:

Brother, This might be useful for the registration.
www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/293#24718753
Thanks sir,saw dis before,but thought it might have changed. Thanks
freshboi34:
@generalfag and fizzle please help on the enquiry
Oga mi, You have to start searching for sch,when do u which to resume?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 10, 2015
generalfag:
Obviously, you can check some good training centres in Lagos or here in Abuja, but that depends on where you live currently.

After that, you get down to business because taking standardized tests require good preparation, if you really wanna do well.

Lots of materials are online including youtubes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by generalfag: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2015
DeeTus:
Obviously, you can check some good training centres in Lagos or here in Abuja, but that depends on where you live currently.

After that, you get down to business because taking standardized tests require good preparation, if you really wanna do well.

Lots of materials are online including youtubes.
Please sir,any recommendations for study materials,have been searching, my target is 2000 in SAT and 100 in TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2015
generalfag:

Please sir,any recommendations for study materials,have been searching, my target is 2000 in SAT and 100 in TOEFL
Okay no problem.

Go to www.examrace.com/SAT/SAT-Free-Study-Material/

If you have any problem, let me know, alright?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by generalfag: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2015
DeeTus:
Okay no problem.

Go to www.examrace.com/SAT/SAT-Free-Study-Material/

If you have any problem, let me know, alright?
thank u sir! Let me go through it,i will get back to u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2015
generalfag:

thank u sir! Let me go through it,i will get back to u
My pleasure. In general, go to www.examrace.com

TOEFL is there too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
I am doing great. How Michigan?
kennyrony:

Bro, longest time, how are you doing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
generalfag:

Get Barron textbook as your SAT material..

Do you stay in Lagos because someone want to sell used one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by freshboi34(m): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
generalfag:

Thanks boss, thanks alot

Thanks sir,saw dis before,but thought it might have changed. Thanks

Oga mi, You have to start searching for sch,when do u which to resume?

early 2017 after service...I need general informations about it...tho I had flair for MIT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kingpowerunited: 12:07am On Oct 11, 2015
Hello all,

I have been following US Visa related posts on here for a while now. I just registered on NL a couple of mins ago. I will be going to do a Bible course in the States in January next year but I am apply for visa next month. I normally need to demonstrate around 2.4 MILLION in statement, I have about .1.6 in my own account. My brother who is a co sponsor has deposited his contribution to my account. Can my church act as a co-sponsor? They have issued me a letter and by monday I will get a cover letter from the church's bank approving the church's intention to sponsor me. I have no idea how much is there though......Though my brother has deposited money in my account, I was thinking I should still go with things like pay slips and bank statement however the only statement he can give me is an online bank statement [not stamped] as his bank, LLoyds Bank no longer offer stamped statements. They tell you to print it off your internet banking. Can I go with that? Plus it's a UK account. I was refused a US visa last year for a conference [and I was genuinely going there for the conference] though looking back the V.O was right to deny me as my case was not strong.....NO STRONG TIES TO NAIJA BUT IT SEEMED THE GUY[VO] WAS A BIT INTERESTED IN MY CASE DUE TO MY TRAVELS, HE JUST COULD NOT GO AGAINST POLICY -

I have been to the UK five times, three of those times doing Missions work there and stayed up to 12 months twice [I had 12 months visa and contract for those three times]. I returned to Nigeria last year and have since visited the UK twice in the last nine months. I have visited Kenya twice, Uganda once and studied briefly in Russia for 8 months.

Last question [sorry about a long post] I am a freelance web developer [and of course young minister] - I have not yet registered my company in naija, so my money comes straight into my account - is this a problem? I developed the website for Yobe State Government and can easily get an official letter from them stating our contracts and what not....Monies that come in can sometimes be like 300k, 100k, 80k per month...just depends, but money dey enter.....when asked what I do -should I state Minister or freelance I.T consultant/Web developer?

Will appreciate all help.
God bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phalanah(m): 5:22am On Oct 11, 2015
Hi all,

I was denied student visa in August 2015 with a community college I-20. The school deferred my admission to Spring 2016 and issued a new I-20. However, one of the universities I applied to previously received my SAT late and are currently processing my application for Spring 2016 (they said decision w/in 2 weeks).

I want to schedule my visa interview now because the interview dates are filling up quickly (earliest available date Oct 26th). My question is can I go ahead and schedule my visa interview using the community college for now and change it to the 4-year university when I receive their admission decision? I have filled my DS-I60 but I haven't submitted yet...again because I am waiting for 4-year university decision.

You thoughts and advice are appreciated. Thanks as always....I pray God will grant us all our heart desires.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2015
sirRiddy.....how far. be like I would be needing to WES. ....how did you go about it....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 7:03am On Oct 11, 2015
phalanah:
Hi all,

I was denied student visa in August 2015 with a community college I-20. The school deferred my admission to Spring 2016 and issued a new I-20. However, one of the universities I applied to previously received my SAT late and are currently processing my application for Spring 2016 (they said decision w/in 2 weeks).

I want to schedule my visa interview now because the interview dates are filling up quickly (earliest available date Oct 26th). My question is can I go ahead and schedule my visa interview using the community college for now and change it to the 4-year university when I receive their admission decision? I have filled my DS-I60 but I haven't submitted yet...again because I am waiting for 4-year university decision.

You thoughts and advice are appreciated. Thanks as always....I pray God will grant us all our heart desires.
I think is better you wait for the 4-year university decision to be made since it is in 2-weeks times.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2015
dicapino:
sirRiddy.....how far. be like I would be needing to WES. ....how did you go about it....

www.wes.org there you'll create an account for yourself and get a reference number which will serve as your identity for your correspondences. Make orders for services you want to be rendered and pay the total amount via your debit card.

Get your transcript sent to WES by your undergraduate school ASAP (your reference number MUST be on both the envelope and the transcript itself). Ensure your undergraduate school responds to the verification mail WES sends to them and your report will be ready as soon as that is done.

Goodluck bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
djmakson:

www.wes.org there you'll create an account for yourself and get a reference number which will serve as your identity for your correspondences. Make orders for services you want to be rendered and pay the total amount via your debit card.

Get your transcript sent to WES by your undergraduate school ASAP (your reference number MUST be on both the envelope and the transcript itself). Ensure your undergraduate school responds to the verification mail WES sends to them and your report will be ready as soon as that is done.

Goodluck bro.
You forgot to tell Dicapino that waiting hours/days of all the stages of evaluation by WES can be kinda annoying. He might be thinking its just a matter of 2weeks max.. smiley.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
phalanah:
Hi all,

I will advice you to wait for the university I-20 you still have alot of time, dont be in rush. wishing u all d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by generalfag: 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
freshboi34:

early 2017 after service...I need general informations about it...tho I had flair for MIT

MIT!? Whats ur cgpa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by generalfag: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
Walspring:

Get Barron textbook as your SAT material..

Do you stay in Lagos because someone want to sell used one

Yes am in Lagos,pls we wil talk on bbm soon, having issues with my sim.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
Eyin ara, ki lon sup? ***in Oyo accent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
akin3102:
I am interested in the credit card bigfrancis..

I sent you an email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
warriboy21:

i dnt tink i can remember though..or can u pls post a link

Sorry for the late response. I have been very busy.

Basically, you need a credit history to obtain a mortgage loan to buy a home in the US, auto loan to buy a car (most Americans who you see driving cars all have those cars on loans which they are paying back every month), or to move into certain apartments or part of certain job requirements. To build a credit history, you would need a credit card and you can check your credit score on http://www.creditkarma.com. Being a newcomer to the country, many major credit card companies would not approve you for the regular (secured) credit card Americans get but only for the secured credit card (a type of card where you have to load your own money in it, spend and re-load. Basically, you're spending your own money, as compared to unsecured cards that come with money already pre-loaded in it from the credit card company). However, you could still get approved for an unsecured credit card through referral. If you are someone who isn't too responsible with finances, your credit card doesn't have to be one of $1000 or $2000 limit. You can start with $500, make those purchases that you usually make with your ATM (debit) card and pay back every month. That's how you build a credit history. I started building my credit history a year ago and my score as of today is well in the 700s, with no late payments, utilization under 10%, no collections, very few credit inquiries etc. on my credit report. Basically, a good credit history indicates financial responsibility and being able to manage your finances maturely. Because of my good credit score so far, credit card companies and loan companies have been sending me offer letters inviting me to apply for their credit cards or loans for instant approval.

Credit scores range from 350 (bad borrower) to 850 (very dependable borrower). Scores in the 600 range are considered average and this is where many Americans fall into, scores in the 700 range are considered very good and you can get approved for just any loan with a score above 720, and those in the 800 range are considered exceptional (with every other thing being equal, this score takes several years and a mix of different credit account types to achieve). Any score below 600 is considered poor. As a first timer just building his credit history, your score would usually start from the 600s and depending on how well you use it, it could either go up or go down. Visit http://www.creditkarma.com regularly to check your score and report. Credit karma also helps you detect any fraudulent activity, not made by you, on your report, which you can always dispute to be taken off your report.

Do you have an SSN yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
profojah:

You forgot to tell Dicapino that waiting hours/days of all the stages of evaluation by WES can be kinda annoying. He might be thinking its just a matter of 2weeks max.. smiley.

Lol...you are correct bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.