Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037685 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2015
For those asking about schools & where to start from. Here is the link with a list of helpful information compiled by Richcasey & posted by thesoj recently.
@flgd
@austinebode

thesoj:
Here it is.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 10:43am On Sep 03, 2015
@ CocoLav
@sholay2011
Welcome to Canada! All the best as you settle in for the school year.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justicia: 10:58am On Sep 03, 2015
montrealer:
The student work permit comes with a condition: "actively registered in a course of study", deferring the admission means one doesn't meet that condition, therefore any work done will be illegal 'under the table' work. As a result of the legal aspect, the individual would be limited to shady opportunities which generally do not pay much or respect labor laws ie some employers might not pay up as at when due & you can't complain since na illegal tinz.
Thanks Baba! Now I can counsel him appropriately. I thought as much as well, employers can be funny once they know u can't enforce ur rights or u don't even have one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2015
montrealer:
There's interac (email) money transfer here in Canada but it's between Canadian banks. Usually you transfer the money from your bank account via online banking & the person gets a notification and can deposit the amount into his/her own account. I don't think it works from an account based elsewhere though. Let the person know you're not in Canada yet & find an alternative means of payment.

Thank you! The person knows o.... just don't understand sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
They advise againdt it but it isn't a crime + having a flight itinerary doesn't mean you've paid for it. It's just to show that plans are already kicking off. There's nothing wrong with that, that's why it's a compassionate plea not a letter claiming entitlement
Onyeoma3:

Even if he wishes to send a compassionate letter to CIC, I would advise he leaves out the flight itinerary, cos it might backfire.... They advise against paying for flight till you get your TRV...

cc: Pinkcandy97
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Taike: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Congratulations Dare!!! I'm so glad! @Darefestus grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ejirostephen(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
Morning my very good peeps. Looking forward to applying to RED RIVER COLLEGE for a 1yr PGD in international business, but i have some major concerns below;

- I was asked to pay application fee of 100cdn and a refundable tuition deposit of 300cdn. Does it mean that after paying this 300cdn, I won't bother again with 1st semester tuition fee until i arrive at the school? (question for experienced person).

- My company will give me a study leave letter stating that my annual emolument (N4.5m) would run on a usual monthly basis during my leave period. I have about N4m in my pensions account and planning to present a personal statement showing a balance of atleast N2m. I am sponsoring myself. Would the combination of the 3 elements above be viewed as positive? Considering the low SOA.

Thanks all in anticipation. Lovely day.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Onyeoma3: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
TheBae:
They advise againdt it but it isn't a crime + having a flight itinerary doesn't mean you've paid for it . It's just to show that plans are already kicking off. There's nothing wrong with that, that's why it's a compassionate plea not a letter claiming entitlement

Whether paid or not paid, it's not advisable as it might back fire.... There are some other reasons that can hold water in a compassionate mail without any risk of backfiring, flight itinerary is not one...

At this point, he has to be very careful and play safe. We all know CIC deny applicants at the slightest opportunity these days.

Pinkcandy97:
I am new here. I applied for my study permit (paper route ) on the 30th of July. Got my medical call on the 11th of August. Did my Medicals on the 18th and since then, nothing from CIC. How long do I have to wait because I already bought my ticket for the 8th of this month

@bolded, and he said he has bought his ticket.... So I guess my earlier was on track and not off point as your reply above made it sound.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
ayoshyne:

They now accept just photocopies, even any photos u wanna submit would be photocopies lol except for your admission and acceptance letters / bank statements, int passports which is gonna be originals. Cheers.

Thanks, bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
montrealer:
@ CocoLav
@sholay2011
Welcome to Canada! All the best as you settle in for the school year.
Thanks sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
How can attaching your flight itinerary back-fire, if they're going to give the visa, they will. Attaching that doesn't affect the outcome, it only affects the speed if they get to see it. I've done this for 2 applications in the past and they came out 3 days after. Booking a flight before visa isn't a crime, people have done it and still do it and so it can't be a basis for denial. Simply my opinion anyway.
Onyeoma3:

Whether paid or not paid, it's not advisable as it might back fire.... There are some other reasons that can hold water in a compassionate mail without any risk of backfiring, flight itinerary is not one...

At this point, he has to be very careful and play safe. We all know CIC deny applicants at the slightest opportunity these days.

@bolded, and he said he has bought his ticket.... So I guess my earlier was on track and not off point as your reply above made it sound.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JJCE(m): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

No originals again o, just photocopy except sponsor's letter, SoA and bank reference letter. According to VAC, none of ur doc will be returned, just your passport. Not sure u need to notarize, just make a very clean photocopy
bro wat of acceptance letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by flgd: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Please what is the average cost of living in canada (montreal)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afolaseg: 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hello Nairaland Friends, am new in this forum and pls i want to apply for a study permit and for my spouse too but i dont know how to apply for my spouse... i mean the document to download and fill for my spouse application.. my sponsor has $8.4m on his statement of account and i have 2m in my statement but the course i wanna study cost 11000cad for a year and 22000cad for 2years... will the statement of account be okay for us?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tonero230(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
TheBae:
They advise againdt it but it isn't a crime + having a flight itinerary doesn't mean you've paid for it. It's just to show that plans are already kicking off. There's nothing wrong with that, that's why it's a compassionate plea not a letter claiming entitlement

Your processed pp and your dispatched pp has been sent to vfs,are they the same thing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tonero230(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
TheBae:

Your processed pp and your dispatched pp has been sent to vfs,are they the same thing.Does one means refusal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Broschocolata: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Broschocolata: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
I just checked my application status. it read:

Visa application, tracking ID No.2015..............– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 02/09/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

(No email sent to my email box yet). I applied via paper route

1. When should I go to CVAC to collect my processed passport
2. Having already done upfront medical, what will I be required to do after receiving my passport
3. Will CIC ask for my passport again after this stage if when the result of my application is positive.... or is this the stage of TRV
4. If they ask for my passport again can I send it to CIC by courier. I live far from Lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
8.4M dollars - more than enough
8.4M naira - on the low side because you've to add living costs about $10,000 for yourself and about $5000 for your spouse. Also, the VO doesn't expect you to empty your sponsor's account since he has needs of his own.

afolaseg:
Hello Nairaland Friends, am new in this forum and pls i want to apply for a study permit and for my spouse too but i dont know how to apply for my spouse... i mean the document to download and fill for my spouse application.. my sponsor has $8.4m on his statement of account and i have 2m in my statement but the course i wanna study cost 11000cad for a year and 22000cad for 2years... will the statement of account be okay for us?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
From experience of others on this thread, you've to wait till you get another email stating the same thing but a new date (in about 5 days time) before going to collect your passport.

Since you did upfront medical you've to hope for the best that your application has been approved. Otherwise, you'll have to reapply as there would be no further passport request.

Broschocolata:
I just checked my application status. it read:

Visa application, tracking ID No.2015..............– Your processed passport has been dispatched
1. When should I go to CVAC to collect my processed passport
2. Having already done upfront medical, what will I be required to do after receiving my passport
3. Will CIC ask for my passport again after this stage if when the result of my application is positive.... or is this the stage of TRV
4. If they ask for my passport again can I send it to CIC by courier. I live far from Lagos

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
Average is about 1000CAD/month but if you're very frugal, you can manage $800-$900/month

Accommodation 400-500 (shared 2-5bedroom apartment)
Food - 200-300
Transport/ phone - 82+30 (transport could be cheaper if you're under 25yo)
Miscellaneous- $100-$200 (eg winter clothing)

P.s: these are very conservative costs. Try to plan to have a little more, to avoid unnecessary stress.

flgd:
Please what is the average cost of living in canada (montreal)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
Sure smiley. I have a backlog of SOPs I'm helping people with though, so my response may be slow unless your SOP is already close to excellent.

Beyeta:
@thesoj hello..........please can i send you my SOP for your opinion(s)??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
Apart from PayPal, Google Wallet, and Facebook Messenger money transfer, I don't know what email money transfer is.

I do know that some banks (e.g. Bank of America) allow you to use your email address as a proxy for your bank account, but the money would still be sent traditionally, and both sender and recipient will need to have accounts in the same bank. You may need to ask the person in Canada to clarify exactly what he/she means.

ayooluwatoni:

Thanks TheSoj, I need to send some amount of money to someone in Canada and the person want me to send it through Email Money Transfer; and honestly speaking, I have no idea what that means, apart from paypal. Unfortunately the person won't accept paypal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
I agree with TheBae
Cc: Pinkcandy97, Onyeoma3

TheBae:
How can attaching your flight itinerary back-fire, if they're going to give the visa, they will. Attaching that does affect the outcome, it only affects the speed if they get to see it. I've done this for 2 applications in the past and they came out 3 days after. Booking a flight before visa isn't a crime, people have done it and still do it and so it can't be a basis for denial. Simply my opinion anyway.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Beyeta(f): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
thesoj:
Sure smiley. I have a backlog of SOPs I'm helping people with though, so my response may be slow unless your SOP is already close to excellent.

Aii then....i need your email address.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mykel12: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
Academic qualifications:
1) Offer and Letter of Admission from Memorial University (St. John), Newfoundland, Canada.
2) Transcripts from University
3) Bachelor’s Degree Certificate from University
4) National Youth Service Certificate.
5) WAEC Results
Employment:
1) Offer and Promotion letter
2) Study Leave letter
3) Identification Card.
4) My Resume.

Financial qualification:
1) Zenith Bank Plc. Statement of Account and Letter from my Brother’s bank showing he has 6,004,844.45 Naira as closing Balance.
2) Letter and declaration of sponsorship from my Brother
3) Letter of introduction and Financial Statement from my Brother's place of Work.
4) Personal Statement of Account from Access Bank Plc. Showing a closing balance of 205,704.71 Naira
5) Study Leave Letter showing an educational grant of 60,000.00 Naira ($372.70) monthly (to run for 2 years)
6) Receipt of $2000.00 paid to Memorial University Newfoundland as acceptance fee

Other Documents:
1) Completed and signed IMM1294E and IMM5645E forms.
2) Data page of my national passport
3) Passport photograph
4) Birth Certificate
5) Documents to prove identity and employment my Brother (Identity Card).
6) Tax Clearance Certificate of my Brother
tnuola:

Congrats.. Could you pls list your documents.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mcqueen1: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hello house,

Picked up my package today and got 3 reasons for denial. Purpose of visit, travel history and personal asset and financial status.

Documents submitted:
All CIC documents
Sponsors SOA of over 6m after paying 10kCad
Sponsor's CAC docs
Sponsors data page
Letter from sponsors coy
Sponsors affidavit
List of sponsors dependants
My personal SOA of 400k
All my certs
Letter from workplace.

Way forward:
To tackle finances I intend to:
*attach my personal CAC doc registered in June(I am to resume business upon return)
*Make sponsor state exactly how much he is willing to drop
*attach my landed property(tho it's just the agreement papers and purchase receipt I have plus it has a different address as i have changed residence) which is why I didn't include it initially.
*create an income vs expenses spreadsheet (I need a sample of this from the house pls)

Purpose of visit:
SOP indicating how studying will help me startup and properly run my business my business upon return.

Travel history:
Travelled to Ghana once and I intend to leave it at that.

I intend to reapply asap.

I welcome advice from the house and also a sample of the income vs expenses spreadsheet.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pls PM me and I will respond to your email.

Beyeta:
Aii then....i need your email address.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Beyeta(f): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
thesoj:
Pls PM me and I will respond to your email.

Done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
will anyone be at Humber's lakeshore campus? i need to find housing!!! for next week. not too many ads on kijiji. if you know a clean place around the area pls holla. i'm near Toronto already but need to move closer to campus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=thesoj post=37636572]Pls PM me and I will respond to your email.

@thesoj...Can I send my SOP to you for your comment pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yes you may. But it could take up to a week and half for me to respond unless if your SOP is already really good. It usually takes much more time to read and comment on an SOP that needs a lot of work. So if you want a quick(er) response, please endeavor to make it close to perfect and free of glaring errors. smiley

Ajibade105:

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.