Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037601 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
My bro didn't receive the approval mail. He only got the passport request letter and picked up his passport after the visa was issued. The approval mail will probably show up on the CIC online portal soon, I suppose.

Is it possible to email or call VFS to ask them?
nam16:
Hi soj, please how does it take for the passport to b ready for collection after approval mail. Its 12 days now. Thanks. Tracking showing dispatch on 23 nov.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2015
Sending you a PM
berexio1:
Any student looking for accommodation around Kitchener-waterloo axis of Ontario?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
nam16:
Dear all,
Is it possible for the passport to b ready for collection without vfs email notification?. Approval mail was on 19 Nov. Distpacth on 23 nov via tracking.

No. You should get 2 mails from vfs. If you don't get it after today, call vfs to ask.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Oluwaskinny:
Please any one with some useful advice for a brother... I finished my sec school in 2004 and I haven't had enough funds to finish my national diploma back then.. due to some issues I had then but I haven't been idle ever since then, worked with different companies... And presently I am planning to enroll at a college in Canada soon! I hope this wont hinder my chance of getting admitted cause of the age and years I had already finished my O level... I read something on Ontario college website about matured students and it was also stated there that "Note that if you have completed high school, even decades ago, you are still considered a high school graduate and you may not apply as a mature student" Fund is readily available. I so need reply on this asap

Of course you can apply and sure u can get TRV, it may not be easy though, as u'll have a lot of work to do convincing the VO you're indeed going to study in Canada. If you can show proof of what you've been doing since u finish secondary school, and can explain why you haven't gone for your undergrad since 2004, the you will get your TRV. Don't be discouraged by the posts on this thread, but rather be encouraged to give it one straight shot, and with God on your side, it's gonna end in Praise.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by honax(f): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
khalesi did you submit your own personal soa when you a applied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Danielakonic: 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
princeade09:

check Dalhousie university and Brandon university

Thank you so much. I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EOJ13: 2:28am On Dec 01, 2015
Happy new month!!!

I just got passport request and I am currently in Portharcourt so going to Lagos this festive period can be stressful. I want to ask the following

1. Can I courier my passport to them?

2. Will I have to courier it to VFS in Lagos or to Embassy in Ghana?

3. How do I go about it when I want the courier company to help me pick it when it is stamped and ready?

4. Which courier company would you guys recommend?

5. Do I need add to the passport my receipt from VFS during application?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by QueenOfQueens(f): 2:50am On Dec 01, 2015
No vex abeg!! I know I've been asking lots of questions. I have 2 degrees in the U.S. and spent over decade here so hit me up if you've got U.S-related questions, but I NEED LOTS OF CLARIFICATION on this PhD-Canada-migration process.

1. Can I go ahead and apply for TRV without admission? Is 'study permit' a study visa? ... or a permit to apply for a visa?

2. I know there's a difference between formal ranking and street credibility. Would these schools 'carry weight' in the job market (In Canada & on return to the U.S.?) Univ. of Toronto, Univ. of BC, Wilfred Laurier Uni, University of Manitoba, Univ. of Windsor & Ryerson Uni.

3. Do I need to pay tuition in full?

4. How do I find/apply for assistantship?

Gracias ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Onyeoma3: 4:15am On Dec 01, 2015
EOJ13:
Happy new month!!!

I just got passport request and I am currently in Portharcourt so going to Lagos this festive period can be stressful. I want to ask the following

3. How do I go about it when I want the courier company to help me pick it when it is stamped and ready?

Thanks

Congrats!!!

1) Yes

2) VFS in Lagos

3) Pay for a return delivery and use your address so it'll be sent back to you after stamping your TRV on your passport.

4) VFS and CIC work with UPS, so it'll be most convenient to use the same company. Other courier companies will still do a good job.

5) Yes sir.

Congrats once more. God luck in all your endeavours in Maple land.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Onyeoma3: 4:28am On Dec 01, 2015
QueenOfQueens:
No vex abeg!! I know I've been asking lots of questions. I have 2 degrees in the U.S. and spent over decade here so hit me up if you've got U.S-related questions, but I NEED LOTS OF CLARIFICATION on this PhD-Canada-migration process.

1. Can I go ahead and apply for TRV without admission? Is 'study permit' a study visa? ... or a permit to apply for a visa?

2. I know there's a difference between formal ranking and street credibility. Would these schools 'carry weight' in the job market (In Canada & on return to the U.S.?) Univ. of Toronto, Univ. of BC, Wilfred Laurier Uni, University of Manitoba, Univ. of Windsor & Ryerson Uni.

Gracias ...

1) No you can't. Study permit grants you legal status to live and study in Canada. It's different from TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) which grants you entry into Canada. You get your TRV first and then study permit at the Port of entry into Canada.

2) Queen's university (who go talk say em mama soup no sweet?). From the list you provided though, UofT and UBC respectively in their order of world ranking. Generally speaking, universities in North America have set standards which they are very strict about. So for a school to be on the list of DLI in Canada, the school has something to offer in the North America/global labour market.

3) No, you don't need to.

4) Search for professors in the area of research you wanna go into, go thru their research projects to ensure they align with your interest and then write to them. Jlakeside did an awesome job on how to approach one few pages back. Endeavour to search thru his posts.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Holu26: 4:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Lboogy:
Hello House! I just got a mail with an attachment saying my application to study has been approved but the doc does not have my name or uci number on the letter itself . I only just did my medicals on Thursday and I called the hospital today and they said I should call back at the end of the week that it usually takes 6 days to send. Also the status on my passport in vfs says it's still being processed. Please gurus in the house kindly explain I'm a bit confused and shocked ?

I guess you are using an iPad or a mobile device to view the attachment. Use a desktop or a laptop to view the attachment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 5:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello House....How re you guys?? Is any1 in selkirk College british columbia or is any1 coming here...I am still looking to get an aprtment...I am already in canny so pls if u guys knw any1 who cld help... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 5:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Royat1:
lol. thanks. please who as any info about university of regina admission processes and how many weeks those it take before they issue admission? are there much jobs in regina

I applied Feb 06, 2015, and got a response back around July 2015, with a conditional acceptance though, on the note that I have to send in all my original transcripts and reference letters, as well as an english proficiency result. No issue with the admission, I guess its same with all schools, you can read more depending on your course of study, check it out to see if you meet the minimum requirement. As regards the jobs, well, am still a TVR hopeful, so I really can't tell, but hopefully, there should be more that enough there, cause I have made my lil research, and Regina seems to be a cool destination for such.

B cool dude....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toluine56(m): 6:27am On Dec 01, 2015
wayaa007:

not really, sent you a pm
I replied already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 6:48am On Dec 01, 2015
Ofcourse you can use courier services but if I were you I will take it to them myself. Just an advice

EOJ13:
Happy new month!!!

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Happy new month pals! I perceive this month shall be filled with testimony for us all, beginning today! For all those expecting medicals, passport request, TRV, get ready!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oluwaskinny: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2015
Thanks I sure wont let that discourage me...trust me I sure will get proof of what I have been doing since I left secondary school. I have got that strong faith i am getting it. And that TRV is sure going to come my way ijn

Of course you can apply and sure u can get TRV, it may not be easy though, as u'll have a lot of work to do convincing the VO you're indeed going to study in Canada. If you can show proof of what you've been doing since u finish secondary school, and can explain why you haven't gone for your undergrad since 2004, the you will get your TRV. Don't be discouraged by the posts on this thread, but rather be encouraged to give it one straight shot, and with God on your side, it's gonna end in Praise.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EOJ13: 7:32am On Dec 01, 2015
k...thanks
Pls can u share any experience or reason for d advice? I want to know more so can make d right decision.
Naykay:
Ofcourse you can use courier services but if I were you I will take it to them myself. Just an advice

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:33am On Dec 01, 2015
QueenOfQueens:

Gracias ...

@Onyeoma3 already gave some good answers to your questions but let me see if I can add anything:

1. If you are US permanent resident, you may not need a TRV and could get your study permit at the Port of Entry if you have your admission documents and proof of funds documents with you. (I read this on some CIC page but can't find it anymore... pls do some research and confirm). But, CIC still gives you the option to apply for it online. @QueenOfQueens Edited: if you are a US permanent resident you may still need to apply online in order to receive study permit approval and an electronic travel authorization (eTA) from CIC, though you will still not need a TRV.

4. https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/28#34729512

Also, view this post: https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/110#39588116
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EOJ13: 7:33am On Dec 01, 2015
Amen....thanks bro!!!
Onyeoma3:

Congrats!!!

1) Yes

2) VFS in Lagos

3) Pay for a return delivery and use your address so it'll be sent back to you after stamping your TRV on your passport.

4) VFS and CIC work with UPS, so it'll be most convenient to use the same company. Other courier companies will still do a good job.

5) Yes sir.

Congrats once more. God luck in all your endeavours in Maple land.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mojolagbe: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Hi all,

I need help concerning online application ....

Can I zip related files together before upload or what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Danielakonic: 7:43am On Dec 01, 2015
@princeade09, @bamjay, @Futurewiser. Thank you for the responses. Wishin you a fullfiled Month ahead.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72#19290079

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/110#39588116
Mojolagbe:
Hi all,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/490#34462711 That should answer your question.
Mojolagbe:
Hi all,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Untap143: 8:24am On Dec 01, 2015
@ Ayo.........Hello Bro I picked up my application/passport yesterday . I was refused based on the.......... sufficient and available financial resource which I think is also same to your case. Please could you kindly state the approach you used to tackle this. My account balance was .5.5m, my sponsor's account balance was soo low though is foreign account. She is my in law
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yusuf000000: 8:24am On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=Naykay post=40553892]Please where did u do ur medical

Hello, pls I need ur help I was refused September based on travel experience, insufficient fund and purpose of visit, I choose human resources management before now I want to reapply so I don't know the course to choose from any college since my undergraduate course is agric economics and extension
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2015
Bro I said "if I were u" in other words it's a principle. Ok how will you feel when you know u submitted ur passport Urself and saves Urself the troubles of calling UPS or visa office to know if ur passport has been submitted.

EOJ13:
k...thanks
Pls can u share any experience or reason for d advice? I want to know more so can make d right decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2015
Good morning house, it been a pleasure seeing guys helping each over here... I have been reading the whole of part 9/since last Wednesday and thankfully I have reached here grin

I just applied for M.A studies at UoM and Carleton university and whilst waiting for admission, I decided to familiarize myself with visa application process....

my humble question is whilst I wait for admission, can anyone direct me to useful materials to read and warm my self up for the main match...lol.

PAPER OR ONLINE...??

I tried reading part 5-8 but gave up as it wasn't easy so I had to fast forward to part 9.

any response will be welcomed and by the way I'm from Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2015
aliACCA:
Good morning house, it been a pleasure seeing guys helping each over here... I have been reading the whole of part 9/since last Wednesday and thankfully I have reached here
any response will be welcomed and by the way I'm from Ghana.

Hi, go through the links on this post

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/140#40089569
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Untap143:
@ Ayo.........Hello Bro I picked up my application/passport yesterday . I was refused based on the.......... sufficient and available financial resource which I think is also same to your case. Please could you kindly state the approach you used to tackle this. My account balance was .5.5m, my sponsor's account balance was soo low though is foreign account. She is my in law

I laugh at the way you people call money here o. 5.5M is so low? 5.5m is not low o. Something must have been wrong. Please share ur profile. I'm particularly interested in:
1. The exact reason(s) the VO ticked.
2. Your tuition fee
3. Duration of program
4. The type of accommodation and your monthly estimate
5. The figures you provided in your application form; for room and board, tuition, others, total funds available for study.
6. Did you prepare/submit any budget? What was your total estimate?
7. Who is your sponsor? Did you establish a relationship with your sponsor?

The truth is, under normal circumstance, an soa of 5.5m is enough to get u a TRV. I stand to be corrected though. According to CIC, an applicant is expected to have at least 10k cad which is about 1.6m for living expenses for a year excluding tuition. Probably you quoted more than you had or the VO was not convinced your sponsor would sponsor you or there was a lump sum. Something must be wrong.
so try and ans those questions. You don't have to be Dangote's child or Davido's brother to school in Canada, else people like us wouldn't get a chance at all.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=yusuf000000 post=40569667][/quote]

Are u sure your reason was "insufficient fund" or "personal asset and financial status"? Because the combination of reasons you stated, travel history, purpose of visit and personal and financial status all go together. And I think that should be because you didn't convince the VO on the reason why you're going for Human Resource, when you studied Agric Econs in undergrad.
May I also ask when you completed your undergrad? And what you've been doing since you graduated?

Anyway, You can look for a masters prog in Agric Econs (check University of Manitoba) or apply for a master's prog in Economics.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by nam16: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Thanks. i just chat with them and they confirm is been ready. imagine no notifications...
ayooluwatoni:

No. You should get 2 mails from vfs. If you don't get it after today, call vfs to ask.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.