Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037553 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yes, I believe so
tonero230:

Your processed pp and your dispatched pp has been sent to vfs,are they the same thing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pm me. I can help you with a sample.
mcqueen1:
Hello house,

Picked up my package today and got 3 reasons for denial. Purpose of visit, travel history and personal asset and financial status.

Documents submitted:
All CIC documents
Sponsors SOA of over 6m after paying 10kCad
Sponsor's CAC docs
Sponsors data page
Letter from sponsors coy
Sponsors affidavit
List of sponsors dependants
My personal SOA of 400k
All my certs
Letter from workplace.

Way forward:
To tackle finances I intend to:
*attach my personal CAC doc registered in June(I am to resume business upon return)
*Make sponsor state exactly how much he is willing to drop
*attach my landed property(tho it's just the agreement papers and purchase receipt I have plus it has a different address as i have changed residence) which is why I didn't include it initially.
*create an income vs expenses spreadsheet (I need a sample of this from the house pls)

Purpose of visit:
SOP indicating how studying will help me startup and properly run my business my business upon return.

Travel history:
Travelled to Ghana once and I intend to leave it at that.

I intend to reapply asap.

I welcome advice from the house and also a sample of the income vs expenses spreadsheet.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
JJCE:
bro wat of acceptance letter?
I don't know if it was an error from the VAC officials on duty that day o, but I know at least 2 people that they refused to collect their original acceptance/admission letters because there's a new policy. To be on a very safe side, make two copies of each of your documents and go with the originals, so you don't have to pay N10 or N20 per copy at the VAC, and allow those guys to choose which document they need. Better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Bros ...... If showing flight itinerary can backfire.... Don't you think same goes for paying advanced tuition? Cos cic website advises all applicants not to pay tuition before visa approval.
Onyeoma3:

Even if he wishes to send a compassionate letter to CIC, I would advise he leaves out the flight itinerary, cos it might backfire.... They advise against paying for flight till you get your TRV...

cc: Pinkcandy97

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
thesoj:
Apart from PayPal, Google Wallet, and Facebook Messenger money transfer, I don't know what email money transfer is.

I do know that some banks (e.g. Bank of America) allow you to use your email address as a proxy for your bank account, but the money would still be sent traditionally, and both sender and recipient will need to have accounts in the same bank. You may need to ask the person in Canada to clarify exactly what he/she means.

Thank you bro, that man just wanna make me feel I've been out of the real world. That email transfer works within Canada, His son already clarified it. I'll go with Paypal. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
Broschocolata:
I just checked my application status. it read:

Visa application, tracking ID No.2015..............– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 02/09/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

(No email sent to my email box yet). I applied via paper route

1. When should I go to CVAC to collect my processed passport
2. Having already done upfront medical, what will I be required to do after receiving my passport
3. Will CIC ask for my passport again after this stage if when the result of my application is positive.... or is this the stage of TRV
4. If they ask for my passport again can I send it to CIC by courier. I live far from Lagos
It simply means your passport has been sent to the VAC where u submitted your application and it is ready for collection. You will be directed on what to do as soon as u get your documents. Since you stay far from Lagos, u may chill till Monday before going to VAC for your doc.
Best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by onyx25(f): 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
meko007:
Right now I'm at their office in lekki cuz when I track my app its always tell it has been dispatched from Accra 17th AuG 2015 and yet no mail or text for pickup!.....not done medical yet! Sch start date sept 8th 2015! 5 days from!!!

My question is if I get refused,how soon can I refire!!!? Now that I have to go for January start date

Immediately! Just tackle the reasons for which you were denied. God be with you. Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
[quote author=thesoj post=37637426]Yes you may. But it could take up to a week and half for me to respond unless if your SOP is already really good. It usually takes much more time to read and comment on an SOP that needs a lot of work. So if you want a quick(er) response, please endeavor to make it close to perfect and free of glaring errors. smiley

Send me your email
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by amakaffy: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hello house .... Its very sad after I waited for like 13wkks... I got denied embarassed.... The mean reaso was purpose of visit!!!! Ve called for the refund tho... Pls guys I need help. I want to re-apply again asap... I need sch dat offers Agric economics related course pls ..... I had 2.1 in agric. Economis! Pls help me biko
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
mcqueen1:
Hello house,

Picked up my package today and got 3 reasons for denial. Purpose of visit, travel history and personal asset and financial status.

Documents submitted:
All CIC documents
Sponsors SOA of over 6m after paying 10kCad
Sponsor's CAC docs
Sponsors data page
Letter from sponsors coy
Sponsors affidavit
List of sponsors dependants
My personal SOA of 400k
All my certs
Letter from workplace.

Way forward:
To tackle finances I intend to:
*attach my personal CAC doc registered in June(I am to resume business upon return)
*Make sponsor state exactly how much he is willing to drop
*attach my landed property(tho it's just the agreement papers and purchase receipt I have plus it has a different address as i have changed residence) which is why I didn't include it initially.
*create an income vs expenses spreadsheet (I need a sample of this from the house pls)

Purpose of visit:
SOP indicating how studying will help me startup and properly run my business my business upon return.

Travel history:
Travelled to Ghana once and I intend to leave it at that.

I intend to reapply asap.

I welcome advice from the house and also a sample of the income vs expenses spreadsheet.

Thanks.
I'm so sorry about your delay. It's good you've highlighted things to improve on in your next application, but I don't think the finance thing has anything to do with funds available for your study, else the VO would have ticked insufficient fund to pay tuition or live in Canada. But the VO didn't tick any of that, which means to me that the VO was satisfied with the SoA u presented. The VO just wasn't sure of your own personal financial status and personal assets here in Nigeria. I'm not sure though, but I think this particular reason is mostly given/ticked if the applicant claims to have been working, or there's been a gap in the applicant's academic history. So I think you should get more documents that will satisfy the VO you personal assets that ties u to Nigeria and your own personal financial status is not bad.
#JustMyOpinion

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tariy: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
favour0011:
Pm me. I can help you with a sample.
Please what your email addy cos I have similar issue and need a sample of how to write the review letter...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pascal2young(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
please i would love to get clarification on msc admission. For those who have gotten admission into alberta,calgary and MUN, did you have to contact a potential supervisor before applying for m.sc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thank you. I did that yesterday and mynpassport was dispatched yesterday too. No approval mail. Is the approval mail compulsory or it's not everyone that gets it
TheBae:
Send a compassionate plea to them attaching your flight itinerary. Don't forget to include your tracking number and passport number in the letter. Copy the letter to the main mail space not as an attachment cos I heard theyy hardly open attachments with no reference in the main mail.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Joe980: 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
favour0011:
Bros ...... If showing flight itinerary can backfire.... Don't you think same goes for paying advanced tuition? Cos cic website advises all applicants not to pay tuition before visa approval.
More reason why paying tuition doesn't guarantee TRV. It's always good closing all gaps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Gu2015: 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
amakaffy:
Hello house .... Its very sad after I waited for like 13wkks... I got denied embarassed.... The mean reaso was purpose of visit!!!! Ve called for the refund tho... Pls guys I need help. I want to re-apply again asap... I need sch dat offers Agric economics related course pls ..... I had 2.1 in agric. Economis! Pls help me biko
you shld check uni of Saskatchewan,they have a very nice agric faculty.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JuneFirst: 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2015
rolandy22:

thank you very much. I have sent the notorize copy to them on tuesday morning through DHL, it will get to them on Friday. i make sure i disturb them to send me the unconditional letter of acceptance ASAP... Once again thank you and God bless

UWC. Let's know how it goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 10:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
sholay2011:
Landed in Winnipeg tonight. Quite tired now. All glory to God for journey mercies. Our best is yet to come.

Thanks @iyaEjima for accommodation runz.
Uwc Sir grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
amakaffy:
Try UoM, they love Agric students from naija!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 12:01am On Sep 04, 2015
Gu2015:
you shld check uni of Saskatchewan,they have a very nice agric faculty.
Madam, ha fa?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by awesule: 12:24am On Sep 04, 2015
Joe980:
Room available for Ottawa student (male). PM if interested.

interested. how can i contact you? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by awesule: 12:25am On Sep 04, 2015
IyaEjima:

Uwc Sir grin

please can you refer me for accommodation in ottawa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by awesule: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2015
CoCoLav:
Reporting live from Ottawa!
Thanks guys!
It won't have been possible without you all.

You guys coming in should pray for favour. The guy that attended to me was sooo nice. He didn't even allow my bags to be checked. He issued me my study permit and led me to an exit saying he trusts me while others were still queuing to have their bags checked. He even still came out to the airport entrance to ensure someone was there to pick me up.

Its only God.

Hi hows the accommodation in ottawa? can you be of help somehow?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bleesedme: 12:38am On Sep 04, 2015
guys pls time is fast running out, and i need to be admitted for january semester,
i have contacted this agent preparation for life.

i sent them a mail , and they request for this requirement..
from the requirement listed there, does it look like it for undergraduate coz many friends i know studying in canada didnt pass through this stage, all they said was int passport and waec reuslt of which are in my possession
pls recify so i can know what to do, i cant miss this pls help a brother out.

i told the lady i want to apply as an undergraduate as i was an OND holder, this was just her reply, abeg help me out

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bleesedme: 12:46am On Sep 04, 2015
tkdina:
Jesus the Son of God I believe in you, I believe in you

submitted application on 10th June.
Biometrics: 12th June.
Medical mail: 17th August.
Request for passport:21st August. (Dropped on 24th August.)
Approval mail, TRV and pick up mail: 26th August (yesterday)

I applied for my application before I started following the Naira Land.
I realised that the documents I submitted were quite different from what most people that got their TRV submitted. I later felt stupid for not included my Transcript, Waec result, school certificate, birth certificate, police report, even asset owned by my sponsor was not there, primarily certificate, University certificate, etc...

But the Hope I had in God, my believe and Faith in God turned my weakness to strength.
I also read about the lady that was denied twice and was given TRV after appeal. She said we should read Mark 11v 12. I held on to that verse and I got a break through

I give God the Glory.

And I wish those that are still Hoping for TRV the very Best.

Thank you all.

are you gong for masters?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bighead1(m): 12:52am On Sep 04, 2015
jessicajessa:
Read back on my post (the longest one to be precise)....if you still don't understand....you can call my attention again. @Jhennyaiko & @nifeico congrats to you both.

Aiit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 1:36am On Sep 04, 2015
amakaffy:
So sorry about your denial after that number of weeks. I am also in University of Manitoba for Agricultural economics related course. You can consider the school.

It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mcqueen1: 1:38am On Sep 04, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I'm so sorry about your delay. It's good you've highlighted things to improve on in your next application, but I don't think the finance thing has anything to do with funds available for your study, else the VO would have ticked insufficient fund to pay tuition or live in Canada. But the VO didn't tick any of that, which means to me that the VO was satisfied with the SoA u presented. The VO just wasn't sure of your own personal financial status and personal assets here in Nigeria. I'm not sure though, but I think this particular reason is mostly given/ticked if the applicant claims to have been working, or there's been a gap in the applicant's academic history. So I think you should get more documents that will satisfy the VO you personal assets that ties u to Nigeria and your own personal financial status is not bad.
#JustMyOpinion

Thanks,
Do you think my CAC and landed doc is enough to cover for my personal asset and finances? They we're not included in my previous application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by einsteino(m): 2:42am On Sep 04, 2015
Mykel12:
Academic qualifications:
1) Offer and Letter of Admission from Memorial University (St. John), Newfoundland, Canada.
2) Transcripts from University
3) Bachelor’s Degree Certificate from University
4) National Youth Service Certificate.
5) WAEC Results
Employment:
1) Offer and Promotion letter
2) Study Leave letter
3) Identification Card.
4) My Resume.

Financial qualification:
1) Zenith Bank Plc. Statement of Account and Letter from my Brother’s bank showing he has 6,004,844.45 Naira as closing Balance.
2) Letter and declaration of sponsorship from my Brother
3) Letter of introduction and Financial Statement from my Brother's place of Work.
4) Personal Statement of Account from Access Bank Plc. Showing a closing balance of 205,704.71 Naira
5) Study Leave Letter showing an educational grant of 60,000.00 Naira ($372.70) monthly (to run for 2 years)
6) Receipt of $2000.00 paid to Memorial University Newfoundland as acceptance fee

Other Documents:
1) Completed and signed IMM1294E and IMM5645E forms.
2) Data page of my national passport
3) Passport photograph
4) Birth Certificate
5) Documents to prove identity and employment my Brother (Identity Card).
6) Tax Clearance Certificate of my Brother

what course were you admitted into? also is it a M.ASc or M.eng?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Joe980: 4:18am On Sep 04, 2015
awesule:
interested. how can i contact you? thanks
PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 4:44am On Sep 04, 2015
The $300 is to confirm your seat for the course you will still need to pay your first semester fee probably later.

The other ones will surely help your application but the statement of account you will use must show the money that can pay your total school fees, your accommodation and your other maintenance cost for your period of study. You will do the estimate and convert it to naira for you to know what kind of balance you need in your SOA.

[quote author=ejirostephen post=37617873]Morning my very good peeps. Looking forward to applying to RED RIVER COLLEGE for a 1yr PGD in international business, but i have some major concerns . Would the combination of the 3 elements above be viewed as positive? Considering the
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 4:50am On Sep 04, 2015
The $300 is to confirm your seat for the course you will still need to pay your first semester fee probably later.

The other ones will surely help your application but the statement of account you will use must show the money that can pay your total school fees, your accommodation and your other maintenance cost for your period of study. You will do the estimate and convert it to naira for you to know what kind of balance you need in your SOA.

ejirostephen:
Morning my very good peeps. Looking forward to applying to RED RIVER COLLEGE for a 1yr PGD in international business, but i have some major concerns below;

- I was asked to pay application fee of 100cdn and a refundable tuition deposit of 300cdn. Does it mean that after paying this 300cdn, I won't bother again with 1st semester tuition fee until i arrive at the school? (question for experienced person).

- My company will give me a study leave letter stating that my annual emolument (N4.5m) would run on a usual monthly basis during my leave period. I have about N4m in my pensions account and planning to present a personal statement showing a balance of atleast N2m. I am sponsoring myself. Would the combination of the 3 elements above be viewed as positive? Considering the low SOA.

Thanks all in anticipation. Lovely day.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 4:56am On Sep 04, 2015
To my knowledge I don't think it's possible because for your study permit to be valid you need to maintain being a full time student if not the school will report the person to CIC and the next thing is KLM to Lagos. You can get other ppl's view tho.

justicia:
For people in Canny already, is it possible to enter Canny and defer your admission for one semester just because you want to try work and gather some money. I mean off the record work, not the usual 20hrs per week student work. A friend is planing to do that and has asked me for advise. Onyeoma and all my Godfathers for here, over to you o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.