Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037575 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
humbleosazee:
Pls house, is it advisable for someone to do upfront medical?

It all depends on the applicant, most times pple that do upfront medicals do so to prevent any delays in their app. Doing upfront medical doesn't guarantee trv.
All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bebe2(f): 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hello pple, ,

Pls forgive me for not reading all 288 pages to get the required info, I just want to have all the info in one place.

I have a neice, who is 21 and currently in her final year in auchi polytechnic studying lab science .

I will like to send her to Canada to study a health related course.
Pls can someone Pls outline the process for me.

I did contact an agent who wanted 1m for processing and 13k Canadian dollars for as fees for the college he found..

I think this is too expensive, hence am doing the process my self.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/283#42629390
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5832E.pdf (CIC Lagos Office Study Permit Instructions)

See links above.
Yep, don't use an agent. But then you (or your niece) would need to be willing to read the relevant parts of thread or use Google.
Part 7 or Part 8 of the thread is probably best to read. Also, your niece is a very simple applicant so make sure she doesn't waste time in applying to the school and then apply for TRV shortly after (or shortly before) she graduates.
bebe2:
Hello pple, ,
Pls forgive me for not reading all 288 pages to get the required info, I just want to have all the info in one place.
I have a neice, who is 21 and currently in her final year in auchi polytechnic studying lab science .
I will like to send her to Canada to study a health related course.
Pls can someone Pls outline the process for me.
I did contact an agent who wanted 1m for processing and 13k Canadian dollars for as fees for the college he found..
I think this is too expensive, hence am doing the process my self.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hi... Congrats dear. What was your relationship to you sponsor and how much was in his soa?
Adebimpz:
Hello Everyone,

I just want to say that I received my approval mail on Friday and I plan to go pick up my passport before the end of the week by God's grace. I already submitted my application before I found this group and I was so worried because I didn't include a lot of documents I saw here. Thank you all so much for your daily contributions, you help a lot of people without even knowing it. I was supposed to resume on 7th January but I had to defer my admission because I could not meet up(I was actually hoping for a miracle.lol) so I deferred to September term. The agent I applied through emailed the embassy sometimes last month that he would like to withdraw my application(so that they won't reject my application because I was already way too late). The embassy replied requesting for my new admission letter which I sent immediately and I got approval mail five days later.I urge all those who are still expecting their TRV not to stop praying, you'll get it soon in Jesus name. Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll answer it to the best of my knowledge.

SUBMITTED: 21st December(Paper route)
BIOMETRICS: 21st December
MEDICALS: Upfront 18th December
APPROVAL MAIL: 5th February
INTENDED COURSE: Master of Global Business (University of Victoria)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
9k per term and at least 3 terms per year .
yungreezy:
Is there anyone for university of western Ontario? Need to know what the tuition is for M.eng Software engineering. Its a specialization under electrical and computer engineering. Its kinda confusing on the site. I've seen $9000 but I don't know if its per year or term. Help please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
chichi89:
Amefrica. Whats up?

Hey Chichi! Longest time, how have you been?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by humbleosazee: 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
phrancisco:

It all depends on the applicant, most times pple that do upfront medicals do so to prevent any delays in their app. Doing upfront medical doesn't guarantee trv.
All the best.

Are you sure the VO will not see the person as anxious?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bebe2(f): 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
thesoj:
https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/283#42629390
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5832E.pdf (CIC Lagos Office Study Permit Instructions)

See links above.
Yep, don't use an agent. But then you (or your niece) would need to be willing to read the relevant parts of thread or use Google.
Part 7 or Part 8 of the thread is probably best to read. Also, your niece is a very simple applicant so make sure she doesn't waste time in applying to the school and then apply for TRV shortly after (or shortly before) she graduates.

Modified.

tnk u very much am on it now,

i will be doing alot of the reading myself.

i cant risk my money and put her in charge.

pls wat is TRV?

ah, part 7- 500 pages
part 8 - 500 pages shocked shocked

dont think i can handle this my current schedules oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by 40manlappy: 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good evening house.

Pls, I would like to have an idea of how much one should budget to undergo a Ph.d programme (Accounting) in Canada.

I am not expecting an exact amount but an estimate would be welcome.

How easy is it to acquire PR while running a Ph.d program?

Would they allow one to bring the rest of the family along?

Can one's spouse be allowed to work during the period?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
Well, given that your niece is a simple applicant you don't have to read both Parts 7 and 8. One part alone will do, and this is mostly valuable for the TRV (temporary resident visa) application portion.
In any case, the two links I provided you are more than good enough to get started.

If you insist on getting an agent, then why not instead ask one of the gurus on here to help you and then dash him/her/them the money you would have given an agent! I'm one such guru grin, you can view my posting history. grin. Most agents are not better than the gurus on this thread.

Also, I should add that your niece may need to be invested in the process (irrespective of if you use an agent) in order to present her application in the best way possible. Best of luck.

bebe2:

Modified.
tnk u very much am on it now,
i will be doing alot of the reading myself.
i cant risk my money and put her in charge.
pls wat is TRV?
ah, part 7- 500 pages
part 8 - 500 pages shocked shocked

dont think i can handle this my current schedules oo

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hey bro, yeah after both my siblings got their TRVs I haven't spent as much time on here but I still pop in once in a few days or whenever I am chanced. Hope your first semester is going well.

EmmaMsc:
...thesoj I sight you. How are u doing? I see you havent abandoned this thread. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 12:09am On Feb 09, 2016
thesoj:
Hey bro, yeah after both my siblings got their TRVs I haven't spent as much time on here but I still pop in once in a few days or whenever I am chanced. Hope your first semester is going well.

Yeah semester is going on well. I am currently swamped with series of assignments, lab reports, project, midterm. I am doing 3 courses but it seems like 8 courses in a naija uni.

Standard of education here is top-notch. U of R is supposedly not among the top 20 schools in Canada but its facilities is world class and standard really high. The best uni in Nigeria probably doesnt have up to one-tenth the facilities the uni has . Nigeria really has a long way to go. Can we ever get things right?

Hope ur siblings are doing well?

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tejiri294: 12:32am On Feb 09, 2016
bosses Am due for medicals...got a mail from CIC today that my account was been updated or sth, logged in but nothing yet. why that? chai*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:51am On Feb 09, 2016
Yup, North American universities (Canada & USA) are ALL wayyyyy better than ALL Nigerian universities, when it comes to facilities, resources & opportunities. We indeed have a very long way to go.

Both my siblings have made the same observations that you just made. Yes they are both doing well. Hope you are looking forward to warm weather in the upcoming summer season, you are about three months away from summer. Also, hope you have found something to like about the winter season. grin

EmmaMsc:
Yeah semester is going on well. I am currently swamped with series of assignments, lab reports, project, midterm. I am doing 3 courses but it seems like 8 courses in a naija uni.

Standard of education here is top-notch. U of R is supposedly not among the top 20 schools in Canada but its facilities is world class and standard really high. The best uni in Nigeria probably doesnt have up to one-tenth the facilities the uni has . Nigeria really has a long way to go. Can we ever get things right?

Hope ur siblings are doing well?

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bebe2(f): 1:02am On Feb 09, 2016
thesoj:
Well, given that your niece is a simple applicant you don't have to read both Parts 7 and 8. One part alone will do, and this is mostly valuable for the TRV (temporary resident visa) application portion.
In any case, the two links I provided you are more than good enough to get started.

If you insist on getting an agent, then why not instead ask one of the gurus on here to help you and then dash him/her/them the money you would have given an agent! I'm one such guru grin, you can view my posting history. grin. Most agents are not better than the gurus on this thread.

Also, I should add that your niece may need to be invested in the process (irrespective of if you use an agent) in order to present her application in the best way possible. Best of luck.

Yes pls I have taken u up on ur offer.

Let's start so she can join the September intake.

Where are u based?
Are u on watsapp?
My number is on my profile. Use the one that ends with 4256.

Expecting ur msg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seyidollar4real: 3:44am On Feb 09, 2016
Someone should pls help with a copy of sop...does one need to pay medical upfront for online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 7:13am On Feb 09, 2016
humbleosazee:

Are you sure the VO will not see the person as anxious?

Anxious bawo ? Do it if you really want to....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 7:15am On Feb 09, 2016
tejiri294:
bosses Am due for medicals...got a mail from CIC today that my account was been updated or sth, logged in but nothing yet. why that? chai*
Check again....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2016
@ IyaEjima. Truthfully, does the Naija agric students get job afterwards? is there a better job prospect for agric students in Manitoba?
IyaEjima:

Try UoM, they love Agric students from naija!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 09, 2016
dear all, pls which one is faster between online application and paper application when applying for the study permit;
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by executivegej: 8:51am On Feb 09, 2016
I intend to apply for study permit in April but I was in UK from 2013-14.
The kit checklist requires PCC(police cert) from Nigeria and UK. How do I go about this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Adebimpz: 9:13am On Feb 09, 2016
favour0011:
Hi... Congrats dear. What was your relationship to you sponsor and how much was in his soa?

He's my uncle.... He had about 30m.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boche042: 9:15am On Feb 09, 2016
Hello House , today i received a mail from CIC, Please see below mail

Dear *******,
This is in reference to your application for a Canadian Study Permit. Please note that the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana is now processing your application. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

LOA: Your letter of acceptance grants you admission for January 2016, which has now passed. Please provide a new letter of acceptance for the next semester.

We do not accept submission of requested documents in person.

You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address *********

The above request must be completed within 14 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards

Please does this mean i will be given a VISA?
I have already contacted my school for a new admission letter.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Adebimpz: 9:21am On Feb 09, 2016
Mizbaby:

Hi, congrats on your TRV. Please what email address did your agent use to send the mail to the embassy? I really need it. Thanks.

Hi, thank you. Here it is accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seyidollar4real: 9:29am On Feb 09, 2016
Someone with sop pls help me send to omoniyisamson3@gmail.com. its urgent pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2016
shodexy:
dear all, pls which one is faster between online application and paper application when applying for the study permit;

Both route takes thesame time, some paper route have gotten theirs lesser than the normal time while its same with some online route. Processing time as stated on CIC website is 9weeks.
All the best!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boche042: 9:53am On Feb 09, 2016
Hello House please i'm trying to pay my application fee on ontariocolleges.ca with my GTB mastercard but it keeps saying Transaction declined? Please i need your advices on how to make this payment. i have tried 4times but to no avail. Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tejiri294: 11:09am On Feb 09, 2016
dmines22:

Check again....
thanks for the response boss....please wanna ask if i track my application from the VFS website, would i know when i am been requested for medicals?? because on VFS tracking page it simply say "your application is currently been processed at the canadian visa office bla bla bla..."

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 11:17am On Feb 09, 2016
yes it is sure u will be given visa....just submit the new letter of acceptance as soona s possible
how exactly did u correct the reason for refusals in ur last application...
boche042:
Hello House , today i received a mail from CIC, Please see below mail

Dear *******,
This is in reference to your application for a Canadian Study Permit. Please note that the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana is now processing your application. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

LOA: Your letter of acceptance grants you admission for January 2016, which has now passed. Please provide a new letter of acceptance for the next semester.

We do not accept submission of requested documents in person.

You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address *********

The above request must be completed within 14 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards

Please does this mean i will be given a VISA?
I have already contacted my school for a new admission letter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.