Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1036435 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tunaban: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2016
Hi everyone,
I am a newcomer on this thread, I have read valuable posts from gurus in the house but I do have a challenge at the moment. I am trying to use an agent to apply for my TRV since i have secured admission already. She asked me about my means of sponsorship, I told her i will be getting an outsider(non-relative) as the main sponsor and a cousin as co-sponsor. She claimed it wont fly if i don't use my parents or direct siblings, i will be refused..
Also, what is the best possible economic and social tie a single guy like me can present to be granted TRV? Considering the fact that I am over 30yrs.

I need gurus in the house to help me out on this.

Thanks to you all in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2016
tejiri294:

thanks for the response boss....please wanna ask if i track my application from the VFS website, would i know when i am been requested for medicals?? because on VFS tracking page it simply say "your application is currently been processed at the canadian visa office bla bla bla..."
CIC will send u a mail to go 4 medicals, u can't see it on VFS tracking page. VFS tracking page is just 4 u to know where ur application is
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tejiri294: 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
BreadandBeans:
CIC will send u a mail to go 4 medicals, u can't see it on VFS tracking page. VFS tracking page is just 4 u to know where ur application is
Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
tunaban:
Hi everyone,
I am a newcomer on this thread, I have read valuable posts from gurus in the house but I do have a challenge at the moment. I am trying to use an agent to apply for my TRV since i have secured admission already. She asked me about my means of sponsorship, I told her i will be getting an outsider(non-relative) as the main sponsor and a cousin as co-sponsor. She claimed it wont fly if i don't use my parents or direct siblings, i will be refused..
Also, what is the best possible economic and social tie a single guy like me can present to be granted TRV? Considering the fact that I am over 30yrs.

That is not true, if u have read most post of the thread u will see cases where people have gotten their trv with a non relative as sponsor. All the sponsor needs do is to give a good reason why he is willing to sponsor you and the exact amount. Also as regards the ties you can present landed properties or investment documents since u are not married if you have that.
All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
which schoool did you apply for, what level and programme are u going in for.

tunaban:
Hi everyone,

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Truegenie97: 1:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please, I have submitted my visa application on the 8th December, did medicals on the 6th but till now I haven't seen any change in the vfs tracking till now, I even sent them a new LOA for April intake, anyone else with this problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tunaban: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Thank you Phrancisco. I really do appreciate
phrancisco:

That is not true, if u have read most post of the thread u will see cases where people have gotten their trv with a non relative as sponsor. All the sponsor needs do is to give a good reason why he is willing to sponsor you and the exact amount. Also as regards the ties you can present landed properties or investment documents since u are not married if you have that.
All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tunaban: 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
Fanshewa, pgd in Information Security managment
namebdis4:
which schoool did you apply for, what level and programme are u going in for.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
hello brothers, anyone in humber college or going there, oshawa precisely
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Is still a good update, it means the supervisor have you in mind and really want to work with u. Did you gave him a warm response? and I believe you have a good CGPA to be on a safer side... You could also calmly talk him over or let him see the reason he can convince the Admission committee to allow him to admit you based on what you are going to offer to his research.

Keep been prayerful. It's gonna be fine. Congrat in advance

Jlakeside:

I just got this email from my supervisor, I con dey fear cos na d only school I applied to be that.. The man just sent this NOT that I asked him any question about admission decision..

Dear jlakeside

I hope this email finds you well.

I just wanted to keep you informed. The Admissions committee for the MSc program is meeting soon, and once they have made a decision you will be contacted.

I am confident that you will be accepted, but we must wait for the Admissions Committee to go over all of the applications. We have many more applications this year than in previous years.

Best wishes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Get this done ASAP and be prayerful...This seems to still be a positive response

Best of Luck!!!
boche042:
Hello House , today i received a mail from CIC, Please see below mail

Dear *******,
This is in reference to your application for a Canadian Study Permit. Please note that the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana is now processing your application. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

LOA: Your letter of acceptance grants you admission for January 2016, which has now passed. Please provide a new letter of acceptance for the next semester.

We do not accept submission of requested documents in person.

You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address *********

The above request must be completed within 14 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards

Please does this mean i will be given a VISA?
I have already contacted my school for a new admission letter.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by niyi767: 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
To the guru in the house.i need your help,got an admission to conestoga.I work for a company where am paid salary.I own 40% of this company and the company will be the one sponsoring me.Is it advisable to pay the funds available for my study into my personal account or do i need to attach the company account along with other company document.Though the major challenge is after paying the funds available for sponsorship into my account the company account balance will be low.Advice needed please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkygrace(f): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
executivegej:
I intend to apply for study permit in April but I was in UK from 2013-14.
The kit checklist requires PCC(police cert) from Nigeria and UK. How do I go about this?
The choice is entirely yours, when i applied for my own study permit i did not submit PCC from UK (2012-2013) even thou i mentioned i was in the UK that period in my LOA, and submitted my UK visa page.

But from the little i researched then its did not seem so hard to get the PCC , I think u can ask a friend in the uk to help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
My lil sis applied Nov 8th still no response
Truegenie97:
Please, I have submitted my visa application on the 8th December, did medicals on the 6th but till now I haven't seen any change in the vfs tracking till now, I even sent them a new LOA for April intake, anyone else with this problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by manny14: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please who here has paid school fees or sent money to Canada recently? What was the bank rate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please everyone,when is admission application starting for september 2016 admission programs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
abdulkabirtobi:
Please everyone,when is admission application starting for september 2016 admission programs?

Most universities have stopped receiving applications for Sept 2016. You could google schools that still have their application open. you may also wabt to consider Jan 2017 or Sept 2017.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kakamsi: 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
phrancisco

Her chances depends on how strong she can prove her case to the VO, the study gap is really large so she has to give details of what she has been doing since 2005 and why she wants to go back to school at this time. I suggest u introduce her to this platform so she can read from say part 7 till present of this thread, a lot of complex applicant with large academic gap who got their Trvs explained how they did. The other gurus in the house can explain better.

Thank u very much 4 u response I have already told her to read tru part 7, 8 and 9, but u know is bulky she can't just finish it in a few days time and is getting late already for Sept intake. D result she used to apply at centennial college is for science course, she said she has another WAEC which she Wrote in 2013, is art courses. She wants to know if she would get better chances if she apply with that one, and explain what she is been doing in d past 3 years. Secondly won't it raise a red flag that she is 26 and she just wrote WAEC 3 years ago.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
boche042:
Hello House , today i received a mail from CIC, Please see below mail

Dear *******,
This is in reference to your application for a Canadian Study Permit. Please note that the Canadian High Commission in Accra, Ghana is now processing your application. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

LOA: Your letter of acceptance grants you admission for January 2016, which has now passed. Please provide a new letter of acceptance for the next semester.

We do not accept submission of requested documents in person.

You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address *********

The above request must be completed within 14 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards

Please does this mean i will be given a VISA?
I have already contacted my school for a new admission letter.

Please do. Your school will surely reply you within 4 working day. Also attach the letter from CIC to the mail you're sending to ur school. it'll work in ur favour IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello house! ..for those pasting the contact details of some agents, it is totally not encouraged here. Should things go wrong(though we dn't pray for such), Nairaland wil be held responsible. Pls, send those agent's contact details to their personal Email. Thank you for your anticipated consideration and subsequent acceptance as we hope to achieve the vision and mission statement of this forum. Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
I did Tru Tru peertransfer 144
manny14:
Please who here has paid school fees or sent money to Canada recently? What was the bank rate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
thesoj:
Yup, North American universities (Canada & USA) are ALL wayyyyy better than ALL Nigerian universities, when it comes to facilities, resources & opportunities. We indeed have a very long way to go.

Both my siblings have made the same observations that you just made. Yes they are both doing well. Hope you are looking forward to warm weather in the upcoming summer season, you are about three months away from summer. Also, hope you have found something to like about the winter season. grin

There is nothing to like about the winter oh. When i just arrived, the average temperature used to be about -20, now it hovers between -2 and - 8. I am waiting patiently for summer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
EmmaMsc:

There is nothing to like about the winter oh. When i just arrived, the average temperature used to be about -20, now it hovers between -2 and - 8. I am waiting patiently for summer.

Hello Bro... Long time and nice to having you around..

I want to request the probability of changing to a Thesis based Masters from the Course based one in the same department, How easy can these be?

Also will also like to request how possible it may be transferring from one University to the other as a Masters student?

@thesoj @Berexio @AllForumites kindly help out!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Which bank is more flexible when it comes to formA money transfer pls. Most banks are forming difficult.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dmines22: 9:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
tejiri294:

thanks for the response boss....please wanna ask if i track my application from the VFS website, would i know when i am been requested for medicals?? because on VFS tracking page it simply say "your application is currently been processed at the canadian visa office bla bla bla..."

Bros... Leave the tracking things for paper route.
Yes if you are called for medical you will receive a msg in ur mycic account as regards medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 10:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello everyone,pls kindly attend to this,I have read through all Canada threads here but couldn't get the best program an HND holder can apply 4 in canada uni,is it that HND holders here should start afresh or there is a direct program that awards degree or pgde to hnd holders,pls help a brother here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 10:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello Fam... Please can someone defer his admission to September even after getting his trv with the POE letter out-rightly stating the deadline for travel is in may. Has anyone tried this before?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boche042: 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
AdexStudio:

Please do. Your school will surely reply you within 4 working day. Also attach the letter from CIC to the mail you're sending to ur school. it'll work in ur favour IJN

Thanks and God bless u brotherly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Thank u very much 4 u response I have already told her to read tru part 7, 8 and 9, but u know is bulky she can't just finish it in a few days time and is getting late already for Sept intake. D result she used to apply at centennial college is for science course, she said she has another WAEC which she Wrote in 2013, is art courses. She wants to know if she would get better chances if she apply with that one, and explain what she is been doing in d past 3 years. Secondly won't it raise a red flag that she is 26 and she just wrote WAEC 3 years ago.[/quote]

If am getting u right u said she applied with the waec result of 2005 to the school and will like to use that of 2013 for the embassy? I think she should stick to what she started with for the sake of consistency. Her case is a complex one and hence she needs to really go through the thread very well. There is no point in rushing just to get delayed, Processing time is 9weeks so she still has enough time to apply for the visa assuming she has the admission already. Also even if she applies with the one of 2013 she still has to explain to the VO why she is just writing waec as a result of her age. Other gurus can help out more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tejiri294: 12:49am On Feb 10, 2016
dmines22:

Bros... Leave the tracking things for paper route.
Yes if you are called for medical you will receive a msg in ur mycic account as regards medical.
Big boss i applied via Online not Paper Route....

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.