Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037483 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Team12: 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
Emirates

CoCoLav:
@Team12 @Graviton2 I'm still in Naija o. @Team12 what airline are you going with?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Team12: 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
I am still in Naija. Flying Emirates

TheBae:
@team12, I'm still in Nigeria. I just booked my ticket, you?
@cocobaby! Lol what airline are you going with?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Team12: 10:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thank you for the info dear!

kennykentipsy:

am at st Catherines already very quiet area winter come earlier here cos of the presence of the rivers

at for the food stuffs they allowed all I carried noodle garri yam floor melon ogbono dried fish dried pepper

note oilly substance would not be allowed both in hand luggage and checked in luggage also meat won't be allowed and make sure u declare properly wen u entering at the port of entry cos they have seen the content of ur bag if u lie it might result in a fine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
mosquitoway:

Welcome to winnipeg,you are coming in good time to enjoy the winter,brace yourselves..lol. I can be of help if u need anything,been living here a long while,I'm from part 3 of the travelling to canada thread
Oga sir, I'm also going to Winnipeg. Are you in UofM?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
Team12:
Yes I am going to Winnipeg. I am using Emirates. They fly through US. Just got our USA Visa approved 2 days ago...

That was the exact reason I didn't fly Emirates! Madam, na only you waka come oo. You don get US visa join am? Congrats! !!

You are highly favoured.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
TheBae:
You too b. You'll probably leave before me.

I have a feeling we are leaving on the same day. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
sholay2011:

I'm also using lufthansa.

What date?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
amen oo grin many thanks! [quote author=Team12 post=37415319]Hi everyone..welcome to part 9. I wish everyone awaiting TRV success.

Congratulations to Sholay2011/midnightinparis and all those who got their TRVs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
Team12:
Emirates

Just realized you got a US visa. Congrats jare, I didn't have the strength.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
Graviton2:

embarassed Can you loan me your TRV for a day? Lol.

Would one day be enough for you? cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
mosquitoway:

Welcome to winnipeg,you are coming in good time to enjoy the winter,brace yourselves..lol. I can be of help if u need anything,been living here a long while,I'm from part 3 of the travelling to canada thread

Oh thank you,
But I'm not coming to Winnipeg,
Ottawa is my destination smiley

Please for those that have flown/are flying Lufthansa, could anyone explain the luggage dimensions of 158cm cos my box is the usual big size. embarassed

@Shollay2011 same smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JJCE(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
sholay2011:
@Team12...

Thanks for the mention. You're going to Winnipeg too right? What airline are you going with? Mine is lufthansa.
bro av sent you you p.m, wanna tell you something...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
CoCoLav:

What date?
Sept 1. You nko?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
JJCE:
bro av sent you you p.m, wanna tell you something...
I haven't seen ur pm. Pls, resend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JJCE(m): 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
sholay2011:
I haven't seen ur pm. Pls, resend.
have drop the message to ur mail.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 11:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
But please, with experience, if the embassy replies a little late after medicals is it a bad sign? Please reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheBae: 12:07am On Aug 29, 2015
Lmao! Me too
CoCoLav:

I have a feeling we are leaving on the same day. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 12:11am On Aug 29, 2015
TheBae:
Lmao! Me too

cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Supermum: 12:14am On Aug 29, 2015
Team12:
Hi everyone..welcome to part 9.

@Supermum when are u entering Canny

To all those who have gone ahead of us to prepare the way...How is Canny?? Most importantly pls list the food stuff u were allowed to enter with

#Godwin

2nd week in Sept. Airfrance.
I'm yet to get an apartment in Winnipeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 12:58am On Aug 29, 2015
bolajibreeze:
But please, with experience, if the embassy replies a little late after medicals is it a bad sign? Please reply
Stop being pessimistic. Refocus your mind on other things and let the application ride its course. It's not easy but the truth is what will be will be. Over analysis won't solve a thing.

Anytime your mind flashes back to a mistake in your application or what you should have done better which is what you insinuate as the cause of 'the delay' for now, just say a little prayer and know it is well.

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Chars1289: 1:47am On Aug 29, 2015
CoCoLav:

Oh thank you,
But I'm not coming to Winnipeg,
Ottawa is my destination smiley

Please for those that have flown/are flying Lufthansa, could anyone explain the luggage dimensions of 158cm cos my box is the usual big size.
@Shollay2011 same smiley

Welcome to ottawa in advance.Weather still friendly tho.if its d usual big size.u gat no p i also came in thru luft too.158cm means the width + height + depth of the bag must not exceed 158cm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mosquitoway: 2:05am On Aug 29, 2015
sholay2011:

Oga sir, I'm also going to Winnipeg. Are you in UofM?
no boss, finished 2013, schooled in toronto,moved to manitoba to get my residence sorted in quick time, working here now

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TempusQ(m): 2:36am On Aug 29, 2015
@ Montrealler, PG Certificate.

I found NL earlier enough but my sponsor insisted on me using Maple Education.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 29, 2015
I also wish all TRV hopefuls speedy success. Canny is beautiful, and the people are very friendly and respectful from my experience. I was allowed in with every foodstuff I came with (Garri, Beans, dried pepper, dried fish, cray fish, maggi (not chicken), noodles, dried pepper, but no liquid (palm oil, etc).

The weather was cold to me in my first two days, but even though we are entering fall and its getting colder, I've adjusted and now even go out with short-sleeves shirt. I can assure you will get a lot of support here, as long as you are not shy of asking people when you are not clear about things.

Two things you may want to quickly get upon arrival is your SIN - ( http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/index.shtml ) if your study permit states that you are allowed to work, plus you also need it to access some government bnefits like health plan. (just check through CIC website for the closest Service Canada to you, or check if you are eligible to apply online ( http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-srch.cgi?app=hme&ln=eng ), and secondly check how to apply for the health service card in your province, if you are eligible.. (I think that is available for full time students alone too).

I wish you and everyone traveling safe trip.

Team12:
Hi everyone..welcome to part 9. I wish everyone awaiting TRV success.

Congratulations to Sholay2011/midnightinparis and all those who got their TRVs.

@HayqinsbFX...its good to know that u have finally decided to opt for PGD or Masters...it is well with ur next app, in Jesus Name

@Graviton2...so sorry about ur refusal. Brace up...God will give u at the right time-ur next app.

@TempusQ any news?

@Darefestus, don't worry ur case will be like that of Taike...

@Supermum when are u entering Canny?

@Berexi01, @2grozz and @Seyimillan how far with ur next app?

@tnuola and @favour001 what are u waiting for...l see ur TRV waiting for u ooo

@Crich babay wassup with ur plan B? Are u giving Canny another try?

@thebae, @Cocolav are u in Canny already?

@thesoj thank you for the help u are rendering to the house. God bless u

@Justwise I hail u sir!!!

To all those who have gone ahead of us to prepare the way...How is Canny?? Most importantly pls list the food stuff u were allowed to enter with

#Godwin

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bykomartin: 6:43am On Aug 29, 2015
Please i am finding it difficult getting admissions in University of Saskatchewan and Regina.

Please which university gives admissions easily for masters in Electrical and electronics engineering or Control and Instrumentation

I am a second class upper graduate of Industrial physics, federal university of technology owerri.

Please help............
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2015
Chars1289:

Welcome to ottawa in advance.Weather still friendly tho.if its d usual big size.u gat no p i also came in thru luft too.158cm means the width + height + depth of the bag must not exceed 158cm

Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2015
eetti:
Study Application Info
Application approved 28/8/2015
Passport Sent to me by Prepaid Courier Service 28/8/2015

Online Application - July 1
Biometrics - July 1
Medicals -August 13
Medicals approved-August 19
Original PP req. -August 22
Application Approved- August 28
Passport Dispatched - August 28

Docs Submitted
Student Application Form, Family form, Nysc Certificate, Waec Certificate, Notorized Affidavit of support, Pay slips from Sponsor, Letter of Employment, Transcript, Degree Certificate, Virgin Passport (Scanned all pages), Landed property documents, Statement of account with N 3.0million balance. Tax certificate, Form A Payment receipt

Background Info
Program applied for: M.Sc Computing and Data Analytics Saint Mary's University, Nova Scotia. ($32k)
B.sc Software Enineering 2013. AUN, Yola.

No employment history except from NYSC posting. I'am Self Employed I didn't know how to explain that so I left it out
No Sop
No Police Certificate
Plenty prayers.

Just received my letter of introduction from CIC...

Maple Land smiley ...

Time to look for cheap ticket.

It has bin fun here

Wow...congrats. Was the 3m SOA the only account you submitted from your sponsor? If yes? Did you pay your school fees upfront?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2015
sholay2011:

I am for University of Manitoba. Sup.

Just wanna start my application. How do you go about the admission process?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by eetti: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2015
obiscolly:

Wow...congrats. Was the 3m SOA the only account you submitted from your sponsor? If yes? Did you pay your school fees upfront?

Yes that was the only account I submitted, i attached form A receipt for first semester fees though. To be honest, my account was treated specially, made mistakes in the application form and it was overlooked.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.