Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037256 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
Just as @omonjoe wrote, I think you should pay the money before applying to CIC. You would be taking an unnecessary risk if you don't follow the instructions on your admission letter, in which case the VO may be forced to assume that you really don't intend on going to the school.

Generally, you don't need to pay part-tuition to get a TRV from CIC, however because your admission letter explicitly states that you should do this as condition of your offer this means that CIC may prejudice your application if you don't follow such instructions.

But it all depends on the wording in your admission letter sha. Does the school require you pay the 6575 CAD as a condition of your admission, or do they merely suggest it? Either way, you may have to convince your sponsor to pay. Should you be denied a TRV, what is the refund policy of the school?

abbyyzino:
my sponsor will not release such money until they issue the study permit bro, beside the refund policy of the university if the CIC rejects study permit is another issue.
I want to know if there's anyone that got his/her permit without paying the part payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pls which one is university 1 at university of Manitoba? A friend said she got admitted to that and she has diploma.pls I don't understand anyone with explanation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Charles1694: 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
I'm new here. I applied for visa on November 2014, did my Biometrics on 9th of Dec. 2014, did my medicals January 2015, my passport was requested for on April 2015, got my visa August 27th 2015. It was not easy it took serious patience and the grace of God. I just want to know if anyone that applied when I applied experienced the same long proccessing time of more than 8 months. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Charles1694:
I'm new here. I applied for visa on November 2014, did my Biometrics on 9th of Dec. 2014, did my medicals January 2015, my passport was requested for on April 2015, got my visa August 27th 2015. It was not easy it took serious patience and the grace of God. I just want to know if anyone that applied when I applied experienced the same long proccessing time of more than 8 months. Thank you.
Fsw can take that long, even longer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
thesoj:
Just as @omonjoe wrote, I think you should pay the money before applying to CIC. You would be taking an unnecessary risk if you don't follow the instructions on your admission letter, in which case the VO may be forced to assume that you really don't intend on going to the school.

Generally, you don't need to pay part-tuition to get a TRV from CIC, however because your admission letter explicitly states that you should do this as condition of your offer this means that CIC may prejudice your application if you don't follow such instructions.

But it all depends on the wording in your admission letter sha. Does the school require you pay the 6575 CAD as a condition of your admission, or do they merely suggest it? Either way, you may have to convince your sponsor to pay. Should you be denied a TRV, what is the refund policy of the school?

It was stated as part of the procedure.

The refund policy states that part of the money paid will be deducted by the school then the rest will be refunded.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by onyx25(f): 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Charles1694:

Please what exactly did you apply for? A student visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Charles1694: 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
onyx25:

Please what exactly did you apply for? A student visa?
Ya, student visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by onyx25(f): 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
Charles1694:

Ya, student visa.

Wow shocked! U too patient oo... grin grin But thank God u finally got it. Haven't read any similar testimony. Ur God no dey sleep kiakia.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
I'll say yours is one of the rare cases. I remember reading about one or two cases like that but unlike you, after the long silence their application was denied. Cases like yours are probably why they state the average processing time as 51weeks on their website. Your story is encouraging though it must've been hard waiting all those months. And to think they held onto your passport too (so even if you wanted to apply elsewhere you couldn't). Congratulations!! You finally overcame. Where are you headed?

Charles1694:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
gedtalks:
Bolaji how can I go about deferring? I already did upfront medical too. will I need to send a new study permit application when my new admission letter is out? (pls note that it will take 6 weeks to obtain a new letter of admission from the school)

Why not just wait until you get a response from embassy before deferring? You still have about 3 weeks grace (as most schools allow students to resume within 2 weeks after resumption date). Contact your school to inform them you're having slight delay with your travel documents and it is entirely out of ur control, therefore you might resume late but not later than 20th of September.
Be hopeful, nothing is impossible.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
My brother, no be so o. The offer to help cuts across gender grin. Abi you sef dey come Montreal?
kosplateau:

u just dey hustle babes...hahaha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
abbyyzino:

my sponsor will not release such money until they issue the study permit bro, beside the refund policy of the university if the CIC rejects study permit is another issue.
I want to know if there's anyone that got his/her permit without paying the part payment.

Just like others have rightly said, payment of tuition or any kind of fee before issuance of TRV is entirely at applicants risk and does not in most cases increase chances of getting study permit. But if payment of tuition is part of the conditions for admission, then I think your chances of getting TRV may be slim, as the VO might feel u have not met the conditions of ur admission. So you might want to apply to another school where u won't have to make any financial commitment until u have ur TRV. You may as well go on with this, if u have a strong faith that the VO will overlook it......as it is not impossible, only rare.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
olageeee:
Gm aous,

My application still says processing at canada visa office...resumption date sep 9...am jst hanging hre ooo

no medical mail noting has changed...still processing yi no ni,.. should I differ my admission till jan? please who has encounter this kind of issue in the house?

what do you think people in this situation should do?when school resumes and one hasnot gotten a TRV OR DENIAL...please enlighten a broda...chill pill nor work again slf...oluwa is involved finally #

Bro pls trust God more. Don't defer yet, u still have about three weeks grace. Most schools allow students to resume within two weeks after resumption. Just mail your school to inform them of your situation and that u might resume late.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Charles1694: 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
montrealer:
I'll say yours is one of the rare cases. I remember reading about one or two cases like that but unlike you, after the long silence their application was denied. Cases like yours are probably why they state the average processing time as 51weeks on their website. Your story is encouraging though it must've been hard waiting all those months. And to think they held onto your passport too (so even if you wanted to apply elsewhere you couldn't). Congratulations!! You finally overcame. Where are you headed?

U of M, Winnipeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 12:10am On Sep 01, 2015
Yes people have gotten their trv without making any upfront payment. It's all about how you package your application.
abbyyzino:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 12:16am On Sep 01, 2015
Show your sponsor the refund policy of the school. It states that $200 CAD will be subtracted if you are denied a visa and want a refund; you will get everything else back. Some things in life require taking risks... you need to convince your sponsor or apply to another school with better admission conditions.

abbyyzino:
It was stated as part of the procedure. The refund policy states that part of the money paid will be deducted by the school then the rest will be refunded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 12:17am On Sep 01, 2015
Charles1694:
Really? Wat term did u apply for by November 2014? Could this explain why 51weeks is written against Nigeria? Any idea if ur app was processed mainly in accra?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 01, 2015
Wow, that sure sounds like a breakthrough. I'm about submitting my application but my undergraduate transcript isn't ready and I want to go ahead and submit with my student copy of transcript. Fingers crossed....or should I include a cover note stating how slow my school responds to transcript requests?

tkdina:
Jesus the Son of God I believe in you, I believe in you

submitted application on 10th June.
Biometrics: 12th June.
Medical mail: 17th August.
Request for passport:21st August. (Dropped on 24th August.)
Approval mail, TRV and pick up mail: 26th August (yesterday)

I applied for my application before I started following the Naira Land.
I realised that the documents I submitted were quite different from what most people that got their TRV submitted. I later felt stupid for not included my Transcript, Waec result, school certificate, birth certificate, police report, even asset owned by my sponsor was not there, primarily certificate, University certificate, etc...

But the Hope I had in God, my believe and Faith in God turned my weakness to strength.
I also read about the lady that was denied twice and was given TRV after appeal. She said we should read Mark 11v 12. I held on to that verse and I got a break through

I give God the Glory.

And I wish those that are still Hoping for TRV the very Best.

Thank you all.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Hello house, between paper and online application which do you think processes faster?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 4:13am On Sep 01, 2015
Am sure no one can say which one is faster. My only advise is to use the one that is convenient for you.

nattie5:
Hello house, between paper and online application which do you think processes faster?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gedtalks(m): 4:23am On Sep 01, 2015
Two more questions:

1. Does CIC issue study permit TWO WEEKS beyond the start date
2. Please can anyone explain this POE thing to me. What stage of the application is that and what documents do they ask for

BeulahHephziba:
@ Olageeee et al,
My suggestion is contact your school to find out when is the latest time you can register for classes. I guess most schools usually leave a grace of 2 weeks, say around 18th September. If your school is offering you this grace, then all you need to do is to wait patiently to hear from CIC till that period passes. And if there is no show from CIC, you can now ask your school to give a new start date. CIC may or may not ask for this new start date but you need it at the POE.
Cheers mate.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 5:09am On Sep 01, 2015
loriaidah:
Pls which one is university 1 at university of Manitoba? A friend said she got admitted to that and she has diploma.pls I don't understand anyone with explanation?
Guess she meant U1- the first year u spend taking science courses before gaining entry to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Prog @ UoM.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 5:31am On Sep 01, 2015
gedtalks:
Two more questions:

1. Does CIC issue study permit TWO WEEKS beyond the start date
2. Please can anyone explain this POE thing to me. What stage of the application is that and what documents do they ask for

1. yes
2. POE - Point Of Entry (at the airport or border)
This is the stage where you might have gotten your TRV and landed in canada, it is also the stage where your study permit would be issued to you.
you 'might' be asked for you/your sponsors proof of funds, your admission letter, the declaration form u filled on the plane and your tuition receipt( thats if youve paid) so keep all these close by in your hand luggage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 6:20am On Sep 01, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Just like others have rightly said, payment of tuition or any kind of fee before issuance of TRV is entirely at applicants risk and does not in most cases increase chances of getting study permit. But if payment of tuition is part of the conditions for admission, then I think your chances of getting TRV may be slim, as the VO might feel u have not met the conditions of ur admission. So you might want to apply to another school where u won't have to make any financial commitment until u have ur TRV. You may as well go on with this, if u have a strong faith that the VO will overlook it......as it is not impossible, only rare.
Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 6:22am On Sep 01, 2015
favour0011:
Yes people have gotten their trv without making any upfront payment. It's all about how you package your application.
Even with the condition in the procedure stated by the school from my attached pix above??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 6:30am On Sep 01, 2015
thesoj:
Show your sponsor the refund policy of the school. It states that $200 CAD will be subtracted if you are denied a visa and want a refund; you will get everything else back. Some things in life require taking risks... you need to convince your sponsor or apply to another school with better admission conditions.

Thank you so much bro, I've spoken with my sponsor but he wasn't convince with the refund policy explanations I gave to him. prolly I'll go on with the submission of my application. I believe there's nothing God cannot do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JJCE(m): 6:47am On Sep 01, 2015
loriaidah:
that should be ICM, international college of manitoba..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JJCE(m): 6:56am On Sep 01, 2015
abbyyzino:

Thank you so much bro, I've spoken with my sponsor but he wasn't convince with the refund policy explanations I gave to him. prolly I'll go on with the submission of my application. I believe there's nothing God cannot do.
bro same thing applicable to me, when i got admission to ICM, it was stated that i shoud pay 7,000$ before apply for trv in the acceptance letter, but i later ignore the admission, and i applied for uni of Winnipeg, which there policy is differ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 7:04am On Sep 01, 2015
JJCE:
bro same thing applicable to me, when i got admission to ICM, it was stated that i shoud pay 7,000$ before apply for trv in the acceptance letter, but i later ignore the admission, and i applied for uni of Winnipeg, which there policy is differ....
I submitted an application to university of Manitoba about 2 months ago for winter of 2016, my application is still under review. Hope university of Manitoba doesn't have something like that. Thanks for your contribution bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by forelite: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2015
Any one in the house going to Durham College of Applied Arts and Science for Fall Session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urgent response is required.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JJCE(m): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2015
abbyyzino:

I submitted an application to university of Manitoba about 2 months ago for winter of 2016, my application is still under review. Hope university of Manitoba doesn't have something like that. Thanks for your contribution bro
don't know much about university of manitoba, but ICM international college of manitoba, require tuition deposit before apply for trv....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.