Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (342097 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 10:13am On Dec 08, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Stop the additions. Chikun feed is very good. What you need is feed all the time including night and make sure there are healthy.

Thank you. I will stop asap the additions. I will buy another rechargeable dis weekend.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 10:14am On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=faridpac2 post=63087569][/quote]

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 08, 2017
kay29000:

How are you doing... Long time. I am the Noiler guy. I don't know if this is the username you know me with, that's why I am introducing myself. Anyway, I can see you are really doing good with Broilers now and I want to find out some things from you. I see a lot of people posting pictures of their 5 weeks old broilers that have already reached market size. I am thinking of trying out broilers for the first time and I want to know how much it would cost to raise broilers from day old to 6 weeks... I mean how much averagely per one bird.
I remember. Cost of raising broilers if you follow all things diligently will be around 900 maximum to achieve 2.3kg in 6/7 weeks

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kay29000(m): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I remember. Cost of raising broilers if you follow all things diligently will be around 900 maximum to achieve 2.3kg in 6/7 weeks

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by shurinz(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2017
is there any Ilorin farmer here?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
Just dressed some for a customer.7 weeks 2days as at today.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by faridpac2: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
Abeyjide:
wow good job
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chikach: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
Abeyjide:

Bro this maxi yield...... Like how do you give them, Everyday abi once in a month?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
faridpac2:

wow good job

Thank you
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Abeyjide: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=Chikach post=63125993]

Bro this maxi yield...... Like how do you give them, Everyday abi once in a month?

Gave them for their first 4 weeks continuously
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by snradewale(m): 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
I just come across this thread and I think I need to follow asap... I also breed broilers Abd they are now 7weeks 3days. I reside in Ibadan... I need help on the market strategy to use during Xmas
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Aniody: 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2017
I have 10wks old some for sell, i stay in Abuja please anyone that is interested should indicate.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Alennsar(f): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
Aniody:
I have 10wks old some for sell, i stay in Abuja please anyone that is interested should indicate.
Which side are you ? How much
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by faridpac2: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
snradewale:
I just come across this thread and I think I need to follow asap... I also breed broilers Abd they are now 7weeks 3days. I reside in Ibadan... I need help on the market strategy to use during Xmas
some times in broilers farming marketing give headache. my Advice to you is since around one week to Xmas you will start advertising your product by contacting neighbors frnds n family ,if you have more than 200 broilers you HV to make temporary cages and keep it in the place where ppl gather or near small or big market start display your chicks 2 to 1 day to xmas ,remember if you invite marketers to your farm they r not retail it with value, then they will get half of your profit within 2 to 3 days, that's y is better to marketing your chicks than to sell it to market women that's what I'm doing to sell 500 or 600 of broilers during sallah and maulud
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
inteligente:

UPDATE:

Please guys, one of the chicks died without any symptom. I am surprised about it.

what must have caused it?

Secondly ,

In my eyes, they are not growing that big and still skeptical about them being able to make it for christmas.

I add fishmill and soyabean to their feed everyday to boost their growth?

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you friends in anticipation for your swift response.
#Please pardon my vocabulary, I am a farmer not an English teacher

UPDATE: Thank you all for your professional advise..
Pls what can I add to make their bones stronger?
secondly, i discovered that my birds are now coughing, what can I apply to stop the cough?

I am feeding them well, hope they will make it for xmas with only feed? any idea of drugs to add to boost their growth will be appreciated.

Thank you very much in anticipation for your swift response.
#Please pardon my vocabulary, I am a farmer not an English teacher
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2017
professional , please help!

A farmer said, Ventilation affects the size of broilers.

how true is it?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
inteligente:

how true is it?
True

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

True

Thank you. I am rearing my birds, I kept about 50 birds in one of our abandoned rooms in my compound.

I believe they should weigh upto 2.5kg, I feed them alot.

Somebody told me that because I kept them in a room, that's why they are not tall or big.

I am wondering the relationship between proper ventilation and the size(tall ) of the chicks.

#I am worried , I have invested over 100k for this project.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
It has a lot to do with the breed not ventilation. Ventilation is directly proportional to the health of the bird and has nothing to do with height or weight gain. I’m sure you have either the ABOR ACRE or HUBBARD strain. Nonetheless, your birds seem to have good weight at 7weeks. What hatchery are the birds from please?
inteligente:

Thank you. I am rearing my birds, I kept about 50 birds in one of our abandoned rooms in my compound.

Somebody told me that because I kept them in a room, that's why they are not tall or big.

I am wondering the relationship between proper ventilation and the size(tall ) of the chicks.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2017
It affects their health. And an unhealthy bird will not grow. So yes, in a way, it affects the size and not the way the said person put it.
inteligente:

how true is it?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
inteligente:

What breed? Are you windows permanently locked?
How many bags of feed and whats the age?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2017
Turks:
It has a lot to do with the breed not ventilation. Ventilation is directly proportional to the health of the bird and has nothing to do with height or weight gain. I’m sure you have either the ABOR ACRE or HUBBARD strain. Nonetheless, your birds seem to have good weight at 7weeks. What hatchery are the birds from please?

Thank you. what is the meaning of Abor acre or hubbard strain?

I dont which hatchery where the birds come from? I bought it from one poultry woman.

#this is my first time
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

What breed? Are you windows permanently locked?
How many bags of feed and whats the age?

They are broilers. They are always opened. Over 20 bags, each bag i bought about #4k.

The chicks are about 8 wks old
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2017
Breeds are also known as strains. Every hatchery to its own breed. Abor Acre is the name of a breed. There are a number of breeds e.g the Hubbard, Abor Acre, Marshal, Anak, Ross, Cobb. You need to know what strain you’re buying next time in order to know what to expect. Thanks
inteligente:

Thank you. what is the meaning of Abor acre or hubbard strain?

I dont which hatchery where the birds come from? I bought it from one poultry woman.

#this is my first time

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2017
inteligente:

They are broilers. They are always opened. Over 20 bags, each bag i bought about #4k.

The chicks are about 8 wks old
The bags are too much. With good fcr, your broilers should be between 4.5-5kg
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
Turks:
Breeds are also known as strains. Every hatchery to its own breed. Abor Acre is the name of a breed. There are a number of breeds e.g the Hubbard, Abor Acre, Marshal, Anak, Ross, Cobb. You need to know what strain you’re buying next time in order to know what to expect. Thanks

Thanks. which of the breed is the best for commercial purpose.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=63285043]
The bags are too much. With good fcr, your broilers should be between 4.5-5kg[/quote

i will weigh them on saturday and give you update.

They are still quite small in size. somebody attributed that to lack of ventilation.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2017
It all depends on the purpose of raising the birds. There’s nothing like ‘best’ broiler breed sir.
inteligente:

Thanks. which of the breed is the best for commercial purpose.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by inteligente: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
Turks:
It all depends on the purpose of raising the birds. There’s nothing like ‘best’ broiler breed sir.

okay sir. Thank you
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
[quote author=inteligente post=63285150][/quote]
Should be breed type
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chimechs2016(m): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2017
Good morning, please I need to ask this because of next time, I lost in total 10 broilers dues to sickness. They usually excrete Green shit. I mean their shit is green, what drugs go I administer to them because I can't seem to get past it. Each time it happens they eventually die, because I only give them Antibiotics. So which drugs is the best to give thwm
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
Chimechs2016:
Good morning, please I need to ask this because of next time, I lost in total 10 broilers dues to sickness. They usually excrete Green shit. I mean their shit is green, what drugs go I administer to them because I can't seem to get past it. Each time it happens they eventually die, because I only give them Antibiotics. So which drugs is the best to give thwm
Admacine or gumbocine or any antiviral
Add multivitamin to the mix

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.