Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) (58999 Views)

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Lady Wins A Car At Shoprite In Imo State (Photos) / Activities From The The New Shoprite In Imo [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
Dee60:
Mixed feelings.

Shoprite is creating jobs and enhancing the retail landscape.

However, the small shops owned by Nigerians around will lose business. South Africa is gaining grounds in Nigeria. Good for them.

I wonder however why people throw a party just because a supermarket opens! Wow, this is 2015. We are still behaving like this?

Oops.
ask them o,some even go there to snap,them no buy common pure water.
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by OohLalah(f): 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Appareil:
I am from Central African region next door but I will never speak so rudely to Nigerians on this forum, why because it is 'Naira- land' Waka I beg!!!!!

Next door to whom, exactly? And you think I give a rat-ass about who you are because? Mind you, truth is never nice, please run along with your ass-licking existance just don't draw me to that. Central African scrub my backside!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by dmola(m): 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=Aminat508 post=37401880] Abeg make dem carry come Osogbo nah..... . cry cry[/quote
se osogbo ti de town ni?lolz
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Dee60:
Mixed feelings.

Shoprite is creating jobs and enhancing the retail landscape.

However, the small shops owned by Nigerians around will lose business. South Africa is gaining grounds in Nigeria. Good for them.

I wonder however why people throw a party just because a supermarket opens! Wow, this is 2015. We are still behaving like this?

Oops.

Small shops are not loosing any business , maybe the ones close to lekki shop rite but not these ones at mainland. I don't see people leaving some good shops around them just to go to shop rite and get the same probably at higher rate.
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by shizzy7(f): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
OohLalah:

Calm down, hoe! Yes we loot small shops who scam us by selling expired fake goods at cheap rate to overcome local competitive small shops. And besides the looting always initially starts from owners killing /shooting kids for stealing etc. Not that I expecting you to understand nor do i want to discuss that with you now. Believe what you want but the crux of the matter is we own your azzes and make money out of you. You are for now our cash cows. Now deal with that or grow some balls and kick us out! tongue
You expect me to Read that thing with your 'first sentence',,,Hell No!!

UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU I don't have a conversation with insults it puts YOU BELOW me and I won't stoop Down to your level...

RE-TYPE a post DEVOID of insults OR SsWwEeRrVvEe off my MT "B"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by U2ice(m): 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
agarawu23:
who shoprite don help? angry
na only ladies dey share the testimony

Guy na for benin u skool no doubt
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by OohLalah(f): 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
shizzy7:

UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU I don't have a conversation with insults it puts YOU BELOW me and I won't stoop Down to your level...

grin You do the honours missy and swerve! Kitchen too hot for ya? You think calling us xenophobes is not an insult? Me below you? Geographically i guess. Southern tip of African my girl! All fresh air not stinkies. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by U2ice(m): 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ikorodu outlet under way
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by teebabe17(f): 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
cry
Aminat508:
Abeg make dem carry come Osogbo nah..... . cry cry
na so ooo.......me sef dey wait make dem come osogbo.
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by shizzy7(f): 11:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
OohLalah:

grin You do the honours missy and swerve! Kitchen too hot for ya? You think calling us xenophobes is not an insult? Me below you? Geographically i guess. Southern tip of African my girl! All fresh air not stinkies. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Okay SO last time I checked a Dictionary
*XENOPHOBE means ~ One who Fears Foreigners
*HOE!! means ~ To act as a prostitite

Even a 5Year old knows which of the above is an insult
YET AGAIN
YOU ARE
BELOW

RE-TYPE AGAIN
You can do it
its not hard

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by OohLalah(f): 12:06am On Aug 28, 2015
shizzy7:
Okay SO last time I checked a Dictionary
*XENOPHOBE means ~ One who Fears Foreigners
*HOE!! means ~ To act as a prostitite

Even a 5Year old knows which of the above is an insult
YET AGAIN
YOU ARE
BELOW

RE-TYPE AGAIN
You can do it
its not hard

I guess according to your tiny brain dictionaries are restricted in availability only to your enclave. Listen sweetie fvck the hell off, I do not need your response. You got my point at the end of the day. Now we clear!

Btw, yes I am below you in your dreams¡ stinking hoe¡
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by shizzy7(f): 12:17am On Aug 28, 2015
OohLalah:

I guess according to your tiny brain dictionaries are restricted in availability only to your enclave. Listen sweetie fvck the hell off, I do not need your response. You got my point at the end of the day. Now we clear!

Btw, yes I am below you in your dreams¡ stinking hoe¡
WHAT an excuse for being VACUOUS!!

In just 2pages You've had a record of insults jumping from one MONIKER to the other..°seeking Relevance° No sense at all....

Hey,,'B' You are an Opprobrium to "whatever" you're defending...

BELOW ME
BENEATH ME
UNDER ME

that's where you belonggg
Fact...
DONT QUOTE THIS MONIKER TILL YOU HAVE SENSE
That's if you ever will.....

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by kobe79: 12:27am On Aug 28, 2015
UnknownT:
We need an outlet here in Asaba. Be it Spar, Shoprite, Everyday or Dominos. Anyone is ok

i love Everyday
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by petkoffDrake(m): 12:27am On Aug 28, 2015
mytime24:
Lalasticlala hw market cheesy
y stc? y not FTC?
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by luyemee(m): 12:31am On Aug 28, 2015
UnknownT:
We need an outlet here in Asaba. Be it Spar, Shoprite, Everyday or Dominos. Anyone is ok
Dominos na pizza dem dey sell na
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by EbolaParasite: 12:49am On Aug 28, 2015
Dharniel:

first of all, lemme remind you that walmart is the largest supermart in the world, having said that, the case of china can't and shouldn't be compared with nigeria. walmart have the money to invest and lay down something bigger than shoprite and i'm so sure they would be able to sell at prices lower than shoprite's. what most most (if not all) nigerians are concerned about is the principle of managerial concept i.e buy more and pay less.
my point is that walmart would beat shoprite in the area of price and that's what most nigerians want to know...

Firstly, i shop at walmart every other day so i am well familiar with the low prices. I used china as an example so you would understand what happens when they enter a new territory with a different culture and mentality. Why do you think it took walmart so long to enter naija? It is not about the low prices. IT IS ABOUT THE ITEMS THEY DELL AT THOSE LOW PRICES. Read the walmart experience in China and you will understand better. Shoprite is ahead of them when it comes to Nigeria. Nigeria is virgin territory for walmart and you cant compare doing business in Nigeria with other places. Time will tell. Let them enter and see what happens

By the way, why didnt KFC overtake the najor eateries we have in Nigeria? Aren't they bigger than the local ones in Nigeria? Did anybody teach them before they started selling jollof?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 28, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Firstly, i shop at walmart every other day so i am well familiar with the low prices. I used china as an example so you would understand what happens when they enter a new territory with a different culture and mentality. Why do you think it took walmart so long to enter naija? It is not about the low prices. IT IS ABOUT THE ITEMS THEY DELL AT THOSE LOW PRICES. Read the walmart experience in China and you will understand better. Shoprite is ahead of them when it comes to Nigeria. Nigeria is virgin territory for walmart and you cant compare doing business in Nigeria with other places. Time will tell. Let them enter and see what happens

am already beginning to reason with you...
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by okonja(m): 2:21am On Aug 28, 2015
Aminat508:
Am bringing it soon
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by 400billionman: 2:58am On Aug 28, 2015
agarawu23:
who shoprite don help? angry

na only ladies dey share the testimony

And nah guys pocket dey suffer am.
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by mhiszolami: 3:47am On Aug 28, 2015
grin
fatdon2:
wetin consign me
lol
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by ojeffo: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2015
UnknownT:
Dont worry..u can make use of the one in Onitsha by November...Dnt 4get 2 check out PRICELESS COMMUNICATIONS shop 04A FOR UR MOBILE PHONES and ACCESSORIES
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 28, 2015
OohLalah:

Cry all you want South Africans civilizing you lot since 1994!

BTW, Walmart won't chase us away, the currency market is against them. They would never make profit with the level of the Naira against the dollar vs. the Rand. We have you where we want you. Cash cow!
Dumbass! Civilizing who? Nigeria practically saved South Africa from apartheid, now these idiots have the effrontery to talk trash. BTW Walmart (the biggest company in the world by revenue) can ride shoprite to the ground any day. Or they can offer shoprite a price they can't refuse

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 28, 2015
shizzy7:

Don't mind these ugly South Africans ungrateful soab's.
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 28, 2015
Appareil:
I am from Central African region next door but I will never speak so rudely to Nigerians on this forum, why because it is 'Naira- land' Waka I beg!!!!!

Oh shut up who cares where you come from. She responded to an insult on South Africa. You wait until some of the people here insult YOUR country & maybe you'll feel different about reserving your own insults. Kak!
What is she to do? Play possum when people are insulting her country? You must be sniffing smoke straight from the chimney. Most of us (South Africans) are not here to fight, but die poppe sal dans before we let anyone insult us whether it is on Nairaland or Lalaland. You can do the butt kissing on your own but don't expect others to be just like you when their country is involved. The gloves come off.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by tswagg007(m): 6:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Aminat508:
osogbo never develop reach
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by MduZA: 6:43am On Aug 28, 2015
mykel20:
Dumbass! Civilizing who? Nigeria practically saved South Africa from apartheid, now these idiots have the effrontery to talk trash. BTW Walmart (the biggest company in the world by revenue) can ride shoprite to the ground any day. Or they can offer shoprite a price they can't refuse

stop dreaming,just join your fellow Nigerians who daily pack the ikeji city mall to watch escalators...

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by MduZA: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2015
odinese:

You can't even write good English.

apparently you are the one failing to read good English due to the fact that you understand pigEnglish best
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by KINGOFJAPAN: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2015
OohLalah:

Cry all you want South Africans civilizing you lot since 1994!

BTW, Walmart won't chase us away, the currency market is against them. They would never make profit with the level of the Naira against the dollar vs. the Rand. We have you where we want you. Cash cow!

You can't civilise another country ,when yours isnt ...
Rape capital of the world ,unbelievable crime n hiv rates...
All you boer ass lickers will prefer hump eachother all day than to get a job...
Lazy ass bantus...

Cc
Lesudafricaine (lets make dx thread a little lively)

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by KINGOFJAPAN: 7:19am On Aug 28, 2015
OohLalah:

Calm down, hoe! Yes we loot small shops who scam us by selling expired fake goods at cheap rate to overcome local competitive small shops. And besides the looting always initially starts from owners killing /shooting kids for stealing etc. Not that I expecting you to understand nor do i want to discuss that with you now. Believe what you want but the crux of the matter is we own your azzes and make money out of you. You are for now our cash cows. Now deal with that or grow some balls and kick us out! tongue

Dx bantu bitch just justified xenophobia....
Leg opening LovePeddler *spits*
Your kind deserves a separate hell..

1 Like

Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Aminat508:

Nah...i think iya basira's kiosk would do grin
Re: Shoprite In Amuwo Odofin, Lagos Patronised By Many People (photos) by shizzy7(f): 7:24am On Aug 28, 2015
mykel20:
Don't mind these ugly South Africans ungrateful soab's.
The SHE° has been Galloping from One Moniker to the other with no COMMON sense at all But sense of INSULTS..

In just 2 pages she has proven that she's indeed Reproachful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alibaba.com Will Make You Poor / A Simple Way To Earn By Selling MTN Data Bundles On Your Website Or Blog / Warri Billionaire Ayiri Emami Splashes N1.5million On Breakfast(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.