Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

u - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / u (2060 Views)

My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me / My Wife Shows No Affection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

u by sallyopy(f): 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
hello everyone .
Re: u by mutter(f): 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
Longing for her own child
Be careful it does not go too far. Start putting your foot down.
You have a responsibility towards your baby to protect and give your best. Don't let your kind heart stand in the way.
Please let her know her boundaries now, it would only become worse with time if you don't do that.
Many people keep wanting to tell a first time mum what to do but being a mother comes naturally.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: u by cococandy(f): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Weird.
Pls call her out on it.

It's nice that she likes your child but it's creepy that she goes about telling people it her own child instead or even trying to stop you from breastfeeding your own baby.

How does she try to prevent you from breastfeeding? Like take the baby away when you want to feed or what?

1 Like

Re: u by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
sallyopy:
hello everyone especially the mothers in thevhouse. pls is there anything wrong with my sis- in-law affections toward my child? it beginning to mean something else to me, she doesn't even like me breast feeding my baby outside in her presence, she tells pple that my child belongs to her and try most times we r together to prevent me from breast feeding her. now my 10 months old baby cries alot each time she is in my house even if she is eating she ll stop hearing her voice. although my sis- in-law is yet to conceive and I love her so much and do not want to hurt her feelings. pls what can I do ? pls moms.

Are you sure that baby is yours?

I really doubt. Instead of you to protect your baby, you are here trying to please sister in law.
Nigerian women sha. Una well done oh

1 Like

Re: u by pharmagba: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
My dear to be candid, it is not a thing of worry at all.
I understand how you feel, your child seems to want another as no 1 instead of you.
Just love your child and care for him with you best. Your child will always be yours nothing like mothers love.

1 Like

Re: u by IamGabby: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nope that's totally wrong,you are the mother of your baby,if your baby deserves any attention now,it should mostly be from you.I know she might be doing all that so as to have her own baby,but not at the detriment or expense of yours.Try to tell or show her through body language that your baby needs YOUR attention more.

I pray she has her own soon.......she'll know how it feels lyk.

1 Like

Re: u by GodnGold: 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
I can relate.To nip this in the bud eh,breastfeed your baby 20 times a day.Back the baby when you are busy and bathe d baby yourself.Always smile and talk to your baby like she/he understands.Finally,sleep on the same bed with your baby . henceforth nobody should touch your baby.I,your doctor says so.

2 Likes

Re: u by royalsweetness(f): 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
I'm sure your sil just finds herself in the awkward position of having to be happy for you while she herself is ttc. You are the baby's number one care giver and I think you should give your baby all the care she deserves and she would always know who her mother is, as for stuff like telling people your baby is hers, you can just let that slide, especially if you love your sil as much as you claim to. You are obviously a first time mother cuz those ones know how to read extra meanings into everything

2 Likes

Re: u by sallyopy(f): 7:39am On Aug 28, 2015
Re: u by sallyopy(f): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
'
Re: u by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
sallyopy:
yes and most times she close d door to her room so as to prevent her frnds from seen me feeding her. some times she ll call me to come and help her out in her pls nd she ll immediately tk my baby nd go out to meet her frnds.
Firstly, what's she doing in your house instead of her husband's house? As you said, she's married undecided
Re: u by Chaulay1: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
Just wondering who is older between the two of you and if you don't mind my asking how old are you both?

1 Like

Re: u by sallyopy(f): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Chaulay1:
Just wondering who is older between the two of you and if you don't mind my asking how old are you both?
lol, u think we r both under age right? anyway sometimes situation makes adult behave in a childish way. she has been married for over 15 years but on ttc.
Re: u by thorpido(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Put your foot down as others have said.She has psychological issues because she is tcc.
Why is she living in your house?

1 Like

Re: u by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
sallyopy:
lol, u think we r both under age right? anyway sometimes situation makes adult behave in a childish way. she has been married for over 15 years but on ttc.
am not married yet but I think you have to be careful inorder nt to hurt her feelings. Just as sum1 said,I can bet she's undergoing psychological problems. Its nt easy to be witout a child 4 over 15yrs hence do not do things irrationally nor say any word without thinking. Just try ur best to make sure ur child is always in ur care. Be d one to bath and feed her. Even her laundry should be done by you. My two cent.
Re: u by Jennifer89(f): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
why will u allow ur SIL stop u from breastfeeding ur own baby u gave birth to? what are her reasons? hmm plz just be careful and apply caution.
Re: u by Chaulay1: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
sallyopy:

15years!!! shocked Wow, I now understand why you find it difficult to put her in her place. Just tread carefully and watch over your child. Don't let sentiments and pity push you into doing what is detriment to the bond that should exist between you and your child.

Her friends in question, do they actually believe that the baby is hers? Do you both live together for now. If she only does this while you go on visit, it could be bearable but if you both live together you have to set boundaries. I mean who dictates to a mother when to breastfeed or not!

3 Likes

Re: u by cococandy(f): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
sallyopy:
yes and most times she close d door to her room so as to prevent her frnds from seen me feeding her. some times she ll call me to come and help her out in her pls nd she ll immediately tk my baby nd go out to meet her frnds.

Because she probably lied to her friends that the baby is hers, she doesn't want them to see you feeding the baby.

I kinda feel sorry for her. The pressure must be much on her.

But All the same, that's creepy pls.

Put a stop to it now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Answer To This Confusing Question? / Divorcees That Remarry When Their Former Spouses Are Not Dead Will Go To Hell. / "Single At 35yrs, You Are An Irresponsible Person" - Pastor David Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.