Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:23 AM

What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? (5484 Views)

Romeo And Juliet By Shakespeare (read Full Story Here) / What Is Ya Favorite Shakespeare Novel? / Shakespeare: Complete Works, Free Ebook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by edmondo(m): 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2006
mabeth interesting!!! shocked
Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by gidig(m): 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2006
I loved Comedy of errors. That was about the only play I willingly read!Others were for passing my exams.
Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by kheme(m): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2006
Sorryö ı donit read books! ı just felt lıke wrıtıng somethıng here! lol!
Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by jammin(m): 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2006
tunku:

Have you guys ever wondered why you are forced to read Shakespeare's play? is it because of the language? because no one is speaking in the vernacular that shakespeare wrote in anymore this day and age? I have read a couple of Shakespeare's plays and I chuckled at his bawdy language at times, but its so old and esoteric that it detracts from the largely inane and uninspired plots. Shakespeare might have been a brilliant playwright but I swear to god that I will never read another one of his play again. Hell my class is reading othello and so far I have bullshitted my way through most of the discussions about that play without having read it through. In short I think shakespeare is an overrated hack that is fueled by the pretenses of faux academians thinking they are smart because they can read the esoteric works of shakespeare. While in reality its nothing much more spectacular that the drivel that dinner theaters churns out on a daily basis.

Hahahahahahahahaha. ignorance is indeed bliss. to ask the question" is it the language?" truly demonstrate your lack of knowledge, and appreciation for works outside your mental ability. My immediate thought was to be the lantern to your darkness, but having considered your posting, decided to leave you in your supercilious state.
NB. esoteric, inane are just words. they do not imply intelligence. another thing,
ACADEMIANS is not a word cheesy. guess you should stop and bullshit your way to a remedial English class cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by Seun(m): 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2006
tunkun: In short I think shakespeare is an overrated hack that is fueled by the pretenses of faux academians thinking they are smart because they can read the esoteric works of shakespeare. While in reality its nothing much more spectacular that the drivel that dinner theaters churns out on a daily basis.
Tunkun is right, unfortunately. Shakespeare was not as good as our best contemporary writers.
Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by jammin(m): 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2006
seun. I cannot make a comment on Nigerian Contemporary writers as i've never read their works. What i can easily say though, is in every play that shakespeare did, he easily brought out the personality of each and every main character, so that the reader could easily translate the issues to the characters actions.
Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by afrikangal(f): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2007
the one dat trip me ost is romeo and juliet,king lear,macbeth and othello kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
othello is ma favorite cos i read it 4 ma coursewirk and it was cool.
Re: What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most? by adexsimply(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2013
Twelfth night

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Fans Are A Source Of Encouragement- Serah Iyare (shewrites) / My First Night With A Unilag Babe Part 3 / My Landlady And I - A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.