Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra (18167 Views)

What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Realtol(m): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Is Lagos one of the oduduwa children?
No
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by osemwengie1: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2015
scholes0:

hahahahah. so Funny....

Edos also call the Queen mother Iyoba (Iya Oba)
and they also use the word "Omo" just like Yorubas...
And so forth.

These are 100% authentic Yoruba words. No atter how much you want to twist history, you can never drive a wedge between Yoruboid and Edoid groups. Both groups are like two peas in a pod. Even IJAW that you guyz are banking on, are closer to Yorubas/Edos than you people know.
No wonder Nnamdi Kanu has such hysterical followership among a supposedly enlightened people..... A lot of them are actually VERY VERY DUMB..... lol
. The problem I have with the Yorubas and Ibos are their lack of respect for other tribes because they feel they have more numbers. How will you say Omo is a Yoruba name when the binis also use the word. The urhobo and the binis also use similar names for example Efe, Igho, Ese e.tc. Who will then own the names. Thats what the Ibo do as well.

The real name of Oduduwa was a Ekaledaran he was a banished bini prince who relocated to Ife and when the Yoruba's ask for his name and where he was going he tld them izoduwa (meaning am going to a path to prosperity) which the Yoruba's corrupted to Oduduwa. It was when the binis requested for his return after his fathers death and when there was a vacum that he sent his son oramiyan. Some of the bin's refused to accept this and never allowed him into the kingdom especially the evian royal family saying we do not have Oba we only have ogie (Ogiso) (the evian family was eventually nicknamed Ogiamien which is . He eventually returned to Ife after impregnating a young woman whose son started the Oba dynasty in Bini . Though the Ogiamien still see the Oba as a foreigner. you can read through the facebook page of the Ogiamien https://www./894091307303141/.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by scholes0(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Mcbussy:

Just leave them, I wonder if the Kalu abi nah Kanu even knows one bit about the history of Nigerian people. Even the Benin empire traces it's origin to Yorubas. Their foolish director can't use his common sense to realise why the king of Benin is called Oba.

Make dem continue, by d time one persona non grata leads them into war and hardship, and their stewpid soldiers get gunned down again, dem go dey cry say Hausas are wicked, Yorubas are traitors. grin

Lmaooooo
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Esdb3: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

1. Oranmiyan was the son of Oduduwa who was Bini Prince Ekaladerhan.

2. Oshiomhole is an Edo name, not a Yoruba name. It has a meaning in Edo but no meaning in Yoruba.

3. Next time you want to call someone "dumb," make sure you don't say something dumb too.

Oshiomole has two language meanings. I don't know what it means in benin but in yoruba it means "poverty knows no ground"(oshiomole). Before you decide think well.

So you know who he was and you still said yoruba had no ties with benin? How dumb is that?!
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
Esdb3:

Oshiomole has two language meanings. I don't know what it means in benin but in yoruba it means "poverty knows no ground"(oshiomole). Before you decide think well.

So you know who he was and you still said yoruba had no ties with benin? How dumb is that?!

This is the same intellectual dishonesty that Yorubas historians are known for.

1. I never said Yorubas had no ties with Benin. You said that because you have to lie to defend the lies you have previously told.

2. You have to misspell and mispronounce "Oshiomhole" for it to fit your Yoruba concoction...and you have to manufacture one single Yoruba that bears that name.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Esdb3:

Bini colonized Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by nogames: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
I am a yoruba guy..
but either Yoruba colonized Bini or
Bini Colonized Yoruba is a discussion for another day
is just like saying
Bini is father of Yoruba or
Yoruba is Bini's father
we can conclude that
Yoruba and Bini have Farther and Son relationship
NOW
What concern Mr Kanu about this? because this relationship has anything to do with Igbo
else he want to tell us Igbo colonized Bini

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by wizard007(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
flowfury:
I can see that d curse ur great grandma placed on u has started manifesting in your life
u r actually a retarded slowpoke if nt u would av seen on my post dat i was against d 'no man's land issue.
For d record its better fr us to sell charger nd youghurt than to b a jobless unkept looking agbeero that smokes their brains out nd go around extorting money frm people.
Jobless idiat!

I'm sorry, meanwhile saying sorry does not mean I'm cowardice, or do not know how to respond to your quote.

As for your reference to agbero or being jobless, I am not going to defend that either, why? I don't stereotype.

Irrespective of ones lineage or tribe you are responsible for the action you take and how you live your life. I have been to different cities in the SE before and if I hear say una no smoke igbo pass. I wonder how you will feel if I judge you now being an igbo with the characters I have seen in other people from your clan and villages.

In summary your post only exudes the fact that most of y'all just think biafra, you really do not know what it entails to be a republic at this time and age.

I don't give a hoot about it, but if left to me I will eagerly accept and free you guys, I know it won't be long before you start regretting and stoning each other. Go and ask slovakia and the rest how they are coping.

One last word, I think I'm not really the one who is jobless, how do we explain someone who shouts about on a forum over a movement he has no phyiscal or psychological involvment in.

Dumb followers with greedy leaders, its all a subsidary of the zoo as you guys call it, Good day!

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Rilwayne001: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Vicotex:

Lagos is no man's LAND

Shege dan iska, dan boroba. Lagos is for yeeeboss? sad

Featherhead goat. angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by GENTLENNAJI(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
nogames:
I am a yoruba guy..
but either Yoruba colonized Bini or
Bini Colonized Yoruba is a discussion for another day
is just like saying
Bini is father of Yoruba or
Yoruba is Bini's father
we can conclude that
Yoruba and Bini have Farther and Son relationship
NOW
What concern Mr Kanu about this? because this relationship has anything to do with Igbo
else he want to tell us Igbo colonized Bini

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by melzabull(f): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Evathyst:
Shey una don start again ba? After the ember of conflict you pple are fanning becomes a full-blown war na genocide cry una go dey cry. angry

Keep it coming, the lagoon awaits disobedient folks like you. Awon oloshi olojukokoro.
You bare a blatant fooool. and who will commit the genocide? yorubas?? lmao! does it look to you like you goats will stand a chance this time? 2015 isn't 1967

you are a deluded idiatt. Anoufia!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Shege dan iska, dan boroba. Lagos is for yeeeboss? sad

Featherhead goat. angry
grin grin grin grin grin

Chai!! Chai!! Chai!! Rilwayne diaris God ooo

See brutality

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
SirWere:
But why you dull like this?? Lagos has and always will be yoruba territory no matter what that dumb civil unrest troublemajer kanu says
this has nothing to do with kanu, precolonial Lagos was under bini rule.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Rilwayne001: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
MuhdG:
grin grin grin grin grin
Chai!! Chai!! Chai!! Rilwayne diaris God ooo
See brutality
grin
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ThisMeansWAR: 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
Dumb biafrans... While at it, they should also ask the Yoruba name of Oyo or osun or Ibadan since they don't sound Yoruba ..

Awon ode being led by another mumu.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
angry angry angry

What is the Yoruba name for Lagos?
Eko is benin word
Tune in to radio Biafra Lagos, its airing now

Shoro niyen shaaa Oro werey!

Rubbish!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by demmie1: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
tdayof:
true they would keep on repeating same thing.. We just have to ignore them.

The way we ignored them until they brainwashed google with all their nonsense? well, we sha will wait, one day these people will cross the line.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Realtol:
Dindinrin, confused set of people (kanu or Kalu n co )... Part of Benin people are also descendants of Oduduwa. It was the balkanisation that split it and made those people to be on a land called Benin. If you go there, I'm sure you will hear an element of Yoruba language from their language. You guys need history book. To be half baked is trully a problem.

Hey my friend,pls speak for urself,d binis are not oduduwas decendant,oduduwa was a prince who was rejected by d binis,his true name was Ekaladerhan,the son of Ogiso.
He went to a place and named it Ilefe...(I run and survived). which d yourubas call ileife. The yorubas may not b frm bini,bt oduduwa is a bini. Ok!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
Realtol:
Dindinrin, confused set of people (kanu or Kalu n co )... Part of Benin people are also descendants of Oduduwa. It was the balkanisation that split it and made those people to be on a land called Benin. If you go there, I'm sure you will hear an element of Yoruba language from their language. You guys need history book. To be half baked is trully a problem.

Realtol:

Hey my friend,pls speak for urself,d binis are not oduduwas decendant,oduduwa was a prince who was rejected by d binis,his true name was Ekaladerhan,the son of Ogiso.
He went to a place and named it Ilefe...(I run and survived). which d yourubas call ileife. The yorubas may not b frm bini,bt oduduwa is a bini. Ok!!!
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Realtol:

Lol! The hatred in you won't let you seek the truth but rather what you wish to be true. Unfortunately you can't change the history. Okanbi gave birth to Oduduwa and Oduduwa to seven children all males I want you to go and research their names and their current locations in order for you to learn something about history. I'm not a body of knowledge but you can't tell me what I really know.

So Okanbi gave birth to Oduduwa? I thought Oduduwa skydived from heaven. yorrobers are confused.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by demmie1: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
osemwengie1:
. The problem I have with the Yorubas and Ibos are their lack of respect for other tribes because they feel they have more numbers. How will you say Omo is a Yoruba name when the binis also use the word. The urhobo and the binis also use similar names for example Efe, Igho, Ese e.tc. Who will then own the names. Thats what the Ibo do as well.

The real name of Oduduwa was a Ekaledaran he was a banished bini prince who relocated to Ife and when the Yoruba's ask for his name and where he was going he tld them izoduwa (meaning am going to a path to prosperity) which the Yoruba's corrupted to Oduduwa. It was when the binis requested for his return after his fathers death and when there was a vacum that he sent his son oramiyan. Some of the bin's refused to accept this and never allowed him into the kingdom especially the evian royal family saying we do not have Oba we only have ogie (Ogiso) (the evian family was eventually nicknamed Ogiamien which is . He eventually returned to Ife after impregnating a young woman whose son started the Oba dynasty in Bini . Though the Ogiamien still see the Oba as a foreigner. you can read through the facebook page of the Ogiamien https://www./894091307303141/.

Omo is both yoruba name and Benin name, itsekiri also use it. Your story of oduduwa is only biased towards the way you see it, it doesnt mean you are 100% right, we all know the yoruba version, it doesnt mean it is also wrong. All i'm saying is the story is 1000 years old, it had been twisted by traditions, inaccuracies and anyother factor, but the fact remains that Oduduwa (in some yoruba translation Odu can also mean fortune, secret, universe-Odumare,Osumare. so the way yoruba changed the name izo to odu could depend on many things) was the sole ruler of the territories of benin city to lands beyond benin country. and if not for ajayi crowther yorubas may be called by another name and if not for Oba Akenzua that refused the proposal from the other obas of western region, Edo people too could have been referred as Yoruba too.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by GENTLENNAJI(m): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
diamondtutu:

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by GENTLENNAJI(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
demmie1:

Omo is both yoruba name and Benin name, itsekiri also use it. Your story of oduduwa is only biased towards the way you see it, it doesnt mean you are 100% right, we all know the yoruba version, it doesnt mean it is also wrong. All i'm saying is the story is 1000 years old, it had been twisted by traditions, inaccuracies and anyother factor, but the fact remains that Oduduwa (in some yoruba translation Odu can also mean fortune, secret, universe-Odumare,Osumare. so the way yoruba changed the name izo to odu could depend on many things) was the sole ruler of the territories of benin city to lands beyond benin country. and if not for ajayi crowther yorubas may be called by another name and if not for Oba Akenzua that refused the proposal from the other obas of western region, Edo people too could have been referred as Yoruba too.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
vicadex07:
Yet yoruba culture, tradition and people dominates that of the benin. Youre so delusional.

We have a whole region, southwest dedicated to the Yorubas but the benin are an appendage to the SS

That's not the issue here, infact you have used your population tell a lot lies about Bini and twist their history. Any story yorubas touch becomes revisionist poop. There are countless threads and documents on the internet about Binis warning yorubas to stop writing their history for them

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by osemwengie1: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

That's not the issue here, infact you have used your population tell a lot lies about Bini and twist their history. Any story yorubas touch becomes revisionist poop. There are countless threads and documents on the internet about Binis warning yorubas to stop writing their history for them
. Thanks bro

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
osemwengie1:
. Thanks bro

Oh i didn't even see that you binis are already responding to prevent the revisionist intellectual criminal in yorroberland from stealing Bini historical glory. yorrobers didn't we warn you that everyone is now awake to your historical revisionism?.

The die is Cast and The days of lying with reckless abandon are over. Prepare for hardtimes because you can't survive with bitter truths. grin
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by GENTLENNAJI(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by GENTLENNAJI(m): 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Oh i didn't even see that you binis are already responding to prevent the revisionist intellectual criminal in yorroberland from stealing Bini historical glory. yorrobers didn't we warn you that everyone is now awake to your historical revisionism?.

The die is Cast and The days of lying with reckless abandon are over. Prepare for hardtimes because you can't survive with bitter truths. grin
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ebuksy: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
awon oloshi jatijati radarada angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by otr1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

Oduduwa is Bini Prince Ekaladerhan who was wrongly banished...wandered to Ife and became their king.

Many Yoruba historians choose to distort this history by telling the lie that Oduduwa fell down from heaven.

That is a big lie.

What is your own version of Oduduwa's origin?

He trekked from Mecca to Ife?

grin
That the Yorubas have tremendous influence on the Binis is evident even in Bini palace.
Oduduwa is a Bini prince and yet the Binis bear Yoruba name and even use Yoruba words in incantations? Shouldn't it be the other way round?
Do you know the word "Oba" used as the title of Bini kings is a Yoruba word? If you must know, Oba has no meaning in Bini.
Before you tell the Yorubas adopt the name from the Binis, Oba is an Egyptian name which also means king- same meaning as in Yoruba. May be the Egyptians are Binis too. grin
For God's sake, Oba is just a common word/name in Yoruba, and that's why you don't see us use it as proper title for our kings.
Is it still news to you that Oduduwa came from that part of the world and not Bini?
You can believe whatever makes you happy, but don't be caught up in your own delusion. My one kobo.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
otr1:

That the Yorubas have tremendous influence on the Binis is evident even in Bini palace.
Oduduwa is a Bini prince and yet the Binis bear Yoruba name and even use Yoruba words in incantations? Shouldn't it be the other way round?
Do you know the word "Oba" used as the title of Bini kings is a Yoruba word? If you must know, Oba has no meaning in Bini.
Before you tell the Yorubas adopt the name from the Binis, Oba is an Egyptian name which also means king- same meaning as in Yoruba. May be the Egyptians are Binis too. grin
For God's sake, Oba is just a common word/name in Yoruba, and that's why you don't see us use it as proper title for our kings.
Is it still news to you that Oduduwa came from that part of the world and not Bini?
You can believe whatever makes you happy, but don't be caught up in your own delusion. My one kobo.
grin

How many origins does this your Oduduwa have?

First, he fell from heaven; then he was born by Okanbi; then miraculously, he gave birth to Okanbi who was supposed to be his father; then he trekked from Mecca; then he was born by Lamurudu; then finally, he trekked from Egypt.

All these lies, simply because you're ashamed to admit that your god, Oduduwa was Bini Prince Ekaladerhan.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UK Receives £90bn Stolen Funds From Nigeria, African Countries Yearly / Attempt By Bandits To Kidnap Turkish Students In Kaduna Foiled By Troops – Army / N’delta Will Resist Buhari’s Attempt To Intimidate CJN Onnoghen – Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.