Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) (49564 Views)

Military Power — Ten Most Powerful African Nations / Most Powerful African Countries With Best Military Strength And Fire Power / Ten Most Powerful People In Nigeria 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
1. Hannibal Barca (247 BC – 183 BC) was an African Carthaginian military commander, generally considered one of the greatest military commanders in history. Also creditd for having major victories against the Roman Empire with his mighty warriors that marched into battle on the backs of great elephants! He was later defeated by the Roman Empire and returned to Carthage, North Africa where he was elected to the “Office of Suffete” which was the Highest Appointed Official in Carthage at that time.

SIDE NOTE: Contrary to the incorrect depictions passed down through history, Hannibal was NOT a White man. He was in fact a Black man of North Africa and the coins baring his likeness its a proof of that fact.

2. Cetshwayo kaMpande (1826 – 1884) was the King of the Zulu Nation from 1872 to 1879 and its leader during the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879. He famously led the Zulu nation to victory against the British in the Battle of Isandlwana.

3. Pharaoh Akhenaten meaning “Effective for Aten” known before the fifth year of his reign as Amenhotep IV, was a pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt who ruled for 17 years and died perhaps in 1336 BC or 1334 BC. He is especially noted for abandoning traditional Egyptian polytheism and introducing worship centered on the Aten. Husband of Nefertiti and father of King “Tut” Tutankhamun.

4. Oba (as it is known in West Africa) Sunni Ali Beer (circa 1442-1492) built the largest most powerful empire in West Africa during his 28-year reign. With a remarkable army,he won many battles, conquered many lands, seized trade routes and took villages to build the Songhay empire into a major center of commerce, culture and Moslem scholarship.

Culled from The African King Series by James C. Lewis

http://onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/08/27/12-most-powerful-african-kings-that-ever-lived-photos/

CC: lalasticlala, Ishilove

1 Share

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
owkk
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
5. King or Asantehene (King of all Asante) Osei Tutu (circa 1650-1717) Osei Tutu was the founder and first ruler of the Asante nation, a great West African kingdom now known as Ghana. He tripled the geographic size of Asante and the kingdom was a significant power that endured for two centuries.

6. Mansa Kankan Musa (1280 – 1337) more commonly known as Mansa Musa was the tenth Mansa, which translates as “King of Kings” or “Emperor”, of the wealthy West African Mali Empire. He is documented to have traveled to Mecca and Egypt with vast caravans of gold and an entourage of thousands from his empire in 1324. His reign lasted 25 years from 1312 – 1337. He is also documented as the RICHEST PERSON TO HAVE EVER LIVED…speculated to have been worth $400 Billion dollars in today’s times.

7. Idris Alooma (1580–1617) was Mai (king) of the Kanem-Bornu Empire, located mainly in Chad, Cameroon and Nigeria. His name is more properly written Idris Alawma or Idris Alauma. An outstanding statesman, under his rule (1564–1596) Kanem-Bornu touched the zenith of its power. Idris is remembered for his military skills, administrative reforms and Islamic piety. His feats are mainly known through his chronicler Ahmad bin Fartuwa

8. King Askia Muhammad I (1443 – 1538), born Muhammad Ture ou Mohamed Toure in Futa Tooro, later called Askia, also known as Askia the Great, was an emperor, military commander, and political reformer of the Songhai Empire in the late 15th century, the successor of Sunni Ali Beer. Askia Muhammad strengthened his country and made it the largest country in West Africa’s history. At its peak under his reign, the Songhai Empire encompassed the Hausa states as far as Kano (in present-day Nigeria) and much of the territory that had belonged to the Songhai empire in the west. His policies resulted in a rapid expansion of trade with Europe and Asia, the creation of many schools, and the establishment of Islam as an integral part of the empire.

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
9. Thutmose III (1481 BC – 1425 BC) was the sixth Pharaoh of the Eighteenth Dynasty. Thutmose III ruled Egypt for almost fifty-four years, and his reign is usually dated from April 24, 1479 BC to March 11, 1425 BC; however, this includes the twenty-two years he was co-regent to Hatshepsut. During the final two years of his reign, he appointed his son and successor, Amenhotep II, as his junior co-regent.

10. King Tenkamenin of Ghana (1037-1075 AD) Through careful management of gold trade across the Sahara, Tenkamenin’s empire flourished economically yet his greatest strength was in government. He listened to his people and provided justice for all of them. His principles of democratic monarchy and religious tolerance make him one of the great models of African rule.

11. Taharqa (710-664 BC) was a Pharaoh of the Ancient Egyptian 25th dynasty and Ruler of the Kingdom of Kush, which was located in Northern Sudan & Ethiopia. He is also mentioned in Biblical references – Scholars have identified him with Tirhakah, King of Ethiopia, who waged war against Sennacherib during the reign of King Hezekiah of Judah (2 Kings 19:9; Isaiah 37:9).

12. Mansa Abu Bakr II ( also known as Mansa Abu Bakari II circa 14th century) was the ninth Mansa (Title of Ruler in Mali) of the Mali Empire, the richest and largest empire on earth at that time, covering nearly all of West Africa. He succeeded his nephew Mansa Mohammed ibn Gao and preceded Mansa Musa. Abu Bakr II appears to have abdicated his throne (1311) in order to explore “the limits of the ocean” and was said to have set out on this feat 181 years prior to Christopher Columbus however, his expedition never returned. He is now referred to as “The Voyager King”

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
Today am so so happy and I am sharing recharge cards. Pls manage dis MTN 1500 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Etisalat 1000 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Glo 1000 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Airtel 1000 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Please use a sharp object like broken bottle or knife for easy scratching on your screen. don't bother to thank me What are friends for?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by DrLee(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
if the ooni of ife is not there, abeg that last is incomplete lipsrsealed
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by delishpot: 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Wow, let me see how to include my name in that list........BRB
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
delishpot:
Wow, let me see how to include my name in that list........BRB

Which part of d world u wan conquer?..... smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by delishpot: 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
JAZES:

Which part of d world u wan conquer?..... smiley smiley smiley

Naim I dey go look into my brother. Since kanu don take over Biafra make I go see which region I fit use war conquer. Maybe Niger Delta republic ........ I dey come make I GO THINK am well.
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by azeeza(f): 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
People abeg una dey see wetin I observed, so for olden day guys too dey get clean shave, even carry twenty packs join
Abeg poster remove those picture before ancestor visit you this night.

5 Likes

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
All these model wey dem use sha... LoL cheesy

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by CSTR2: 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hamilcar the great warrior and ruler of a truely mighty empire.
Scourge of the roman empire.
He defeated the great uncle of legatus glabar of spartacus in a famous victory.
His eventual defeat only highlights the true greatness and might of the roman empire.
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by CSTR2: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
nairalandist:
lol
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Lordave: 1:09am On Aug 28, 2015
Nice Thread
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by oatzeal(m): 1:15am On Aug 28, 2015
Make sense
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by hyfr(m): 1:18am On Aug 28, 2015
You go fear kings na. I bin dey reason how king for 18th century go fresh like this,till I see the last pharaoh,na when I know say dem be models. Btw what of ooni of ife? No be king en be?
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Missy89(f): 3:11am On Aug 28, 2015
Hannibal Barca was not a KING.

Carthage was an oligarchal republic for over 30 years before he was born

Suffets are elected

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 7:30am On Aug 28, 2015
Missy89:
Hannibal Barca was not a KING.

Carthage was an oligarchal republic for over 30 years before he was born

Suffets are elected

Nice one...i love students of history. Kudos

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2015
nairalandist:

smiley wink
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Omololu007(m): 11:55am On Aug 28, 2015
K
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Bobbystanley(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Are they super models?
To me I see No King in those pictures.
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by omowolewa: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Where is Sango Olukoso akata yeri-yeri;
Ina 'loju, ina lenu;
Sango ti se oko oya?!

Where is Oduduwa atewon ro!

Where is King Jaja
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2015
Gbam
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by cheruv: 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Thutmose III was the pharaoh of the Exodus..
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by otolorin86(m): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by tpiander: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
the Ghana picture actually looks Ghana, hm.
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by tpiander: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
nairalandist:

six packs.
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Giyerte(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
nice man
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
GEJ
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by MrRobot: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
londongal03:
Today am so so happy and I am sharing
recharge
cards. Pls manage dis
MTN 1500
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Etisalat 1000
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Glo 1000
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Airtel 1000
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Please use a sharp object like broken bottle or
knife for easy scratching on your screen. don't
bother to thank me What are friends for?
Wicked!!!
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by JAZES(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: 12 Most Powerful African Kings That Ever Lived (photos) by MrZachs(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mansah Abubakar wasnt d one dt succeeded Mansah Musa, his slave nd also student who goez by d name Suleiman latr crowned Mansah Suleiman succeded him n also went on pilgrimage aftr expanding d empire b4 he died...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections / Yemi Osinbajo: My Hair Was Not This Grey When I Started Out In 2015 / Armed Thugs Invade Edo State House Of Assembly Quarters (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.