Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? (2937 Views)

Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by ckenneths(m): 7:55am On Aug 28, 2015
The suffering is so openly displayed that it is surprising why people still keep quiet. Thousands of people drive pass this roads everyday and its like a journey through hell. Many have been robbed, (openly) beaten, and money openly extorted before you will be allowed to pass. Both the federal and state governments are completely unmoved, the people of Umuapu, and all other people unfortunate enough to try and pass through this road has resigned themselves to fate. Imo state government even refused to do the small side road passing this community, as the federal government abandons us here.

In the following pictures from the blog link below, you will see young men shamelessly blocking the damaged roads and demanding money before you could drive through. You would have spent at least N500 to pass the many illegal toll gates. How else do I pass this dangerous spot, if I am to get to Rivers state from Imo?

Any helicopter services?

Story culled from http://amazingviewpoints..com/

cc, lalasticlala, ishilove, afam4eva

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2015
undecided
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Cutehector(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2015
That ph owerri road has long been forgotten by the federal government...

Its a pity...
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by DrLee(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2015
Yes na There's something Yoruba pple call kanoku try it
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Starships4u(m): 8:04am On Aug 28, 2015
There is ENUGU PH road that crosses tru ABA.... Use that road instead.....
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by spyder880(m): 8:09am On Aug 28, 2015
Starships4u:
There is ENUGU PH road that crosses tru ABA.... Use that road instead.....

How many hours will it add to the journey?
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by obailala(m): 8:44am On Aug 28, 2015
ckenneths:
The suffering is so openly displayed that it is surprising why people still keep quiet. Thousands of people drive pass this roads everyday and its like a journey through hell. Many have been robbed, (openly) beaten, and money openly extorted before you will be allowed to pass. Both the federal and state governments are completely unmoved, the people of Umuapu, and all other people unfortunate enough to try and pass through this road has resigned themselves to fate. Imo state government even refused to do the small side road passing this community, as the federal government abandons us here.

In the following pictures from the blog link below, you will see young men shamelessly blocking the damaged roads and demanding money before you could drive through. You would have spent at least N500 to pass the many illegal toll gates. How else do I pass this dangerous spot, if I am to get to Rivers state from Imo?

Any helicopter services?

Story culled from http://amazingviewpoints..com/

cc, lalasticlala, ishilove, afam4eva
You can travel through Aba; the journey would be an extra 30-40mins, but it's well worth it.
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Vicotex(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2015
Follow umahia/Aba rd. But the HOLD UP 4 Obigbo no be child's play
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Starships4u(m): 9:40am On Aug 28, 2015
spyder880:

an hour nd 45mins
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by chino11(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2015
This is a welcome development. Where are the I.diots that voted for Buhari in that state. LOL

Spyder, as for me I travel to PH these days via Onitsha-Ughelli-Patani then land at Uniport-Choba then connect NTA road. That is the easiest route for us in Anambra. There is no need wasting my time passing through that horrible Imo state road.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by chino11(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Horror! For goodness sake this is an APC state..Buhari should do something. I will use wifey's SUV for this my Ph trip on monday if I must pass through this state. cool
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Yeske2(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thank God for OBJ who at least gave us the Onitsha-Owerri express which is the only federal road in the SE unlike that clueless GEJ who never bothered doing anything. This one is small, try Onitsha-Enugu and you go shout tire.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by imsuboi(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
That road is turning to something else. Something should be done about it. Fast
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
spyder880:

There are a dozen roads but none is in good condition. You can use Umuneke- Ngor via Umunakara and Orichieze to Etche or Okpala- Agbala to Etche or drive all the way to Umuojimaukwu Ngwa and enter via Eberi or you can reach Umuikaa and drive past Osisioma through Obigbo. All these roads are either in same condition or worse.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by cjrane: 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
chino11:
This is a welcome development. Where are the I.diots that voted for Buhari in that state. LOL

Spyder, as for me I travel to PH these days via Onitsha-Ughelli-Patani then land at Uniport-Choba then connect NTA road. That is the easiest route for us in Anambra. There is no need wasting my time passing through that horrible Imo state road.

[size=14pt]i told them the dulllard is too daft to make a distinction between the states like Imo that helped him win at least 25% in 2/3 of the states to win the election constitutionally and those that supported PDP.

Now let Roaches explain to his people why he had to run for President to ensure the dulllard got the party's nomination over Atiku, and how he rigged and coerced Imo people into voting for the dulllard.

Not to say i love to see Nigerians suffer, but I just love how the dulllard has showed them his true vicious colors.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by chino11(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nwanne some people are worse than the dullllard himself. LOL

You can't even pass that road to Rivers state anymore and some fools are busy chanting Sai Buhari. Now that the dulllard is in power let him come to their rescue..LOL

I will be going to PH again on monday but i will still be passing through Onitsha-Ughelli-Patani-PH.

cjrane:

[size=14pt]i told them the dulllard is too daft to make a distinction between the states like Imo that helped him win at least 25% in 2/3 of the states to win the election constitutionally and those that supported PDP.

Now let Roaches explain to his people why he had to run for President to ensure the dulllard got the party's nomination over Atiku, and how he rigged and coerced Imo people into voting for the dulllard.

Not to say i love to see Nigerians suffer, but I just love how the dulllard has showed them his true vicious colors.
[/size]
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by ckenneths(m): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2015
chino11:
Nwanne some people are worse than the dullllard himself. LOL

You can't even pass that road to Rivers state anymore and some fools are busy chanting Sai Buhari. Now that the dulllard is in power let him come to their rescue..LOL

I will be going to PH again on monday but i will still be passing through Onitsha-Ughelli-Patani-PH.

The type of extortion we suffered by hemp smoking, arms wielding thugs and children on this road yesterday was terrible. At a point, even girls and women were joining to block every road in front of every compound extorting N100 each from every vehicle, there were more than 25 small check points passing through the villages of Umuapu-Umuokanne. This is a very wicked act, very very barbaric, what is this nation turning into?
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by LordMecuzy(m): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2015
ckenneths:

The type of extortion we suffered by hemp smoking, arms wielding thugs and children on this road yesterday was terrible. At a point, even girls and women were joining to block every road in front of every compound extorting N100 each from every vehicle, there were more than 25 small check points passing through the villages of Umuapu-Umuokanne. This is a very wicked act, very very barbaric, what is this nation turning into?

That's our igbo brodas and sisters for you...using every opportunity to reap of fellow easterners... Love for Money
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by ckenneths(m): 7:28am On Sep 24, 2015
LordMecuzy:

That's our igbo brodas and sisters for you...using every opportunity to reap of fellow easterners... Love for Money

I felt very very sad about this yesterday, the joy and smiles on all their faces to see our suffering and their refusal to allow us to pass is unlike the Igbo behaviour, all our Igbo speaking cannot move even the smallest of them, even some 6 year old boys refused to hear the pleadings of 60 year old men! What is happening to us?
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Super1759: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
No road to go into ph, obigbo is worse, Etche is no go area, Owerri road is death trap yet the Gov ain't talking
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by MrGiddy(m): 8:10am On Sep 24, 2015
It's very very easy, pass through Ogbaku to Omoku then to Elele straight up u are in phc. It's not very far I think at most u wld spend 1hr50 mins. But the road is very very very good no bad spots nor stress whatsoever. Thanks
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by chino11(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Nwanne I warned you about that road. I was again in PH 2 weeks ago, I passed through Onitsha-Ughelli-Patani-Bayelsa-Choba road. You are even lucky since you can equally access PH via Enugu-PH road, it is better than this one you suffered and paid "toll gate fees" and equally risked your life in the hands of those touts. cheesy

ckenneths:

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Super1759:
No road to go into ph, obigbo is worse, Etche is no go area, Owerri road is death trap yet the Gov ain't talking

I bet you that when Buhari tackles it, all these people will try their best to give Jonathan the credit. Someone should quote me for future purpose.
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Abagworo(m): 8:43am On Sep 24, 2015
ckenneths:

I felt very very sad about this yesterday, the joy and smiles on all their faces to see our suffering and their refusal to allow us to pass is unlike the Igbo behaviour, all our Igbo speaking cannot move even the smallest of them, even some 6 year old boys refused to hear the pleadings of 60 year old men! What is happening to us?

When y'all were praising Jonathan for neglecting all federal roads in Imo you expect the villagers to be happy. There businesses have been ruined by the poor state of that road as their palm oil market was demolished at 1st and they moved to sell on the road side but yet again the road is not accessible. Buhari will come to our aid insha Allah.
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:59am On Sep 24, 2015
Enugu-PH is very terrible but "Toll" free. Went to Akwa Ibom last week through that road; its an epitome of neglect.
South East is neglected, road wise or rather our leaders are self seeking b@st@rds

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Prince081: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2015
chino11:
Nwanne I warned you about that road. I was again in PH 2 weeks ago, I passed through Onitsha-Ughelli-Patani-Bayelsa-Choba road. You are even lucky since you can equally access PH via Enugu-PH road, it is better than this one you suffered and paid "toll gate fees" and equally risked your life in the hands of those touts. cheesy

How many hours does this trip through Onitsha - Ughelli- Patani - Bayelsa - PH take?
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by chino11(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2015
It is easier if you are traveling from Anambra particularly from Onitsha..

Onitsha to Ughelli(1.30hrs)-Patani-Bayelsa-PH(3hrs)

So the total trip from Onitsha-Ughelli-Patani-Bayelsa-PH is approximately [4.30-5hrs] on a complete good roads.

But traveling from Onitsha-Owerri-PH route is something else because you will leave Onitsha on a very good road and land in Owerri within (45mins) but you will spend close to 6hrs trying to get yourself out from the bad sections of the Owerri road of the PH expressway. In all, this 2nd route will take you approximately 8-10hrs to get to PH.

We have not added suffering, extortion and intimidation by the community people in that area. You can confirm this from anybody who have been on this road.

Prince081:

How many hours does this trip through Onitsha - Ughelli- Patani - Bayelsa - PH take?
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by omonnakoda: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2015
Vicotex:
Follow umahia/Aba rd. But the HOLD UP 4 Obigbo no be child's play
Do you mean Oyigbo?
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by ckenneths(m): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
chino11:

My brother, I will never take this kind of risk again, thanks for the advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by Vicotex(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
Do you mean Oyigbo?
I know the place as Obigbo
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by omonnakoda: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2015
Vicotex:

I know the place as Obigbo
Ok maybe it is a different place we are talking about the one I know is a local government area in Rivers state
Re: Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? by B2mario(m): 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Yeske2:
Thank God for OBJ who at least gave us the Onitsha-Owerri express which is the only federal road in the SE unlike that clueless GEJ who never bothered doing anything. This one is small, try Onitsha-Enugu and you go shout tire.

Enugu-Onitsha expressway?
That one is hmmmmm.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are SS And SE More Corrupt Regions In Nigeria? / Throwback Picture Of Onitsha Niger Bridge In 1966 And Present Picture In 2016 / EDO Governorship Election. APC Vs PDP Kindly Vote Your Party Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.