Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,522 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:08 PM

22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (50254 Views)

700+ Churches Shut Down By Government / Authorities Shut Down 700 Noisy Churches In Rwanda / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by khalhokage(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Yes! Finally. I hope this spreads across the country.
How can a group of people just take it upon themselves to disturb public peace?
Sometimes you'll see a tiny church of not more than 15 members with huge loud speakers mounted outside making noise with their minister screaming at the top of his lungs.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Tenim47(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Al churches can b so noisy, theve turn to monday to sunday service
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by MadCow1: 10:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Finally..

I have one in my neighbourhood that I will take down soon. I have written the Pastor a polite cease and desist letter that he has ignored..

Next Move will be to get the Police involved and file a civil suit of 25 Million Naira against the church. That should get the Pastors attention.

6 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by phyllosilicate(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2015
The day the church at the back of my house packed away was one of my happiest.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Shut them all down I support it 100%

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Rilwayne001: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Okay. That MFM in my street is next.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by jantavanta(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
End Time Signs oh...Before u know,they'll stop us from from going to church... Iránu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

Shutting down churches for the benefit of their pocket,will never make this country a better place.

Because clubhouses do not install external loudspeakers to disturb everybody outside.

5 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by free2ryhme: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2015
cheesy
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Hammefeez: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Welcome development
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Revolva(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
End Time Signs oh...Before u know,they'll stop us from from going to church... Iránu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

Shutting down churches for the benefit of their pocket,will never make this country a better place.

Shut up wit ur religious bigotry toughts who want to stop u....from ur church going....infact do u think going to church can save ur life..or maake u rich or ave a betterlife....they should even lock more churches in lagos cos they r full of nonsense....noise everywhere....in my street alone more than 12 churches....from startin till endin of d street....noise everywhere Monday to Friday service....not to talk on sunday....rubbish. Church n mosque everywhere d country is worst

6 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by adjoviomole(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2015
Ts a good development
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by shizzy7(f): 10:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Dear,the major reason God sent us to earth,is to broadcast,evangelize and the most important,win souls to his kingdom...... Why don't they go and shut down all those club houses... Why Churches?
For all I care,all the houses in Nigeria could be demolished, and churches built.... What Nigeria really needs now is Prayer,Prayer and Prayer!!!!!!
with ALL THE PRAYERs WE'VE been praying for years

Why is Nigeria still stagnant??
with so many criminals everywhere

4 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by tete7000(m): 10:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Dear,the major reason God sent us to earth,is to broadcast,evangelize and the most important,win souls to his kingdom...... Why don't they go and shut down all those club houses... Why Churches?
For all I care,all the houses in Nigeria could be demolished, and churches built.... What Nigeria really needs now is Prayer,Prayer and Prayer!!!!!!

Disturbing people, stopping them from sleeping is not preaching the gospel. Instead of winning souls you actually achieve the opposite if you don't care about people's welfare but use microphone to disturb their peace. Where is Jesus' saying that you should love your neighbour as yourself or is it love when you don't allow student to read, and you don't allow people to sleep peacefully?

3 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2015
mutiply:
Am so dissapionted by this post of yours. If you are living close to this churches, you will understand what others are facing.

How many bars with their loud day to day music have they shut down?
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by ajepako(f): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2015
walemadu:
mosques make noise 5 times a day. and none gets shut?

I'm a Christian and honest and unbiased enough to admit that moslems don't make noise as much as Christians.

Their 5-time daily prayers never disturbs anyone and they are even short, not continuous as that of Christians.

In fact, the mosque in my hood takes the kudos for waking me up daily at 5am thus the major reason for my punctuality to work.

At most, 30 minutes, they are done

But churches? some even go 72 hours of marathon prayer and who are at the receiving end?

Innocent and unfortunate residents of their area..

Let's be unsentimental, mosques don't make as much noise as churches, at least , not for long..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by kolajamesjnr(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2015
cool
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:

Funny comment! grin

We need prayer? We need knowledge more than prayer sef!

I used to have a "ministry" close to my window before, every Thursday night, I'm ready I won't sleep. The noise, songs and screaming.

A few times, I was blessed tho. But when they were asked to leave that vicinity, I don't know if I should be happy or sad- I was happier sad

Wisdom Is Profitable to direct!
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Arbiola(f): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2015
Revolva:

Shut up wit ur religious bigotry toughts who want to stop u....from ur church going....infact do u think going to church can save ur life..or maake u rich or ave a betterlife....they should even lock more churches in lagos cos they r full of nonsense....noise everywhere....in my street alone more than 12 churches....from startin till endin of d street....noise everywhere Monday to Friday service....not to talk on sunday....rubbish. Church n mosque everywhere d country is worst
One word for u,"Repent"!!!!!!!!!
Hell is very very very hot..... Life is not where u get to live forever. When u get to hell,u suffer and cry in agony for the rest of your life!!!!
I don't know of you've made up ur mind to live on earth for at most 100yrs ,and after that that spend eternity in Hell,a place of everlasting pain
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by tartar9(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
walemadu:
for call to prayer that doesn't last 2 minutes undecided
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by belloabdulrazaq(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
Must u shout b4 God ans ur prayer
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Jozzy4: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
phyllosilicate:
The day the church at the back of my house packed away was one of my happiest.

LOL
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by kestolove95(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
walemadu:
noise is 5min and churches in 5hrs and beating drums like party or clubs

1 Like

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
What about the mosque prayer and programmea that disturb the peace of the community and also close link streets vecause of thier programme since inception by closlet true justice be done..
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by richidinho(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well, do i blame the Government? No!

The rate at which pastors establish churches today is very alarming & disturbing. They should be checked

and you are ok with the rate at which club houses are established...Ashe..............................................................wo grin
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by willian10: 10:49am On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:
Why not Clubhouses?
Why churches?

Do u know how it feels to have a church that does night vigil almost everyday beside ur house undecided
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by seedorfg(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2015
What a welcome development, they should come to my area and see a street of 15 houses and 25 churchs, morning and night is unrest and noise in the area, imagine a church of 50 people with a speaker as big as molue buses, not even one or two. Infact all this c.a.c, winners, cherubim should all be banned
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by shizzy7(f): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2015
ajepako:

I'm a Christian and honest and unbiased enough to admit that moslems don't make noise as much as Christians.

Their 5-time daily prayers never disturbs anyone and they are even short, not continuous as that of Christians.

At most, 30 minutes, they are done

But churches? some even go 72 hours of marathon prayer and who are at the receiving end?

Innocent and unfortunate residents of their area..

Let's be unsentimental, mosques don't make as much noise as churches, at least , not for long..
I am a Christian and what you wrote is the whole truth
I live beside a Church and evey Friday night my eyes are always wide open till morning...

No sleep at all...
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2015
They should get sound proofing and airconditioning to make sure tha whatever noise comes from their church stays in their church.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by olami100(m): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Arbiola:

Upon all d prayer ur country has been praying..yet nigeria is like hell fire. Wanton corruption everywhere in the society, economic recession. Am not even sure u have a good pay job and am not even suprised u said houses should be demolished.. That is the harm religion and prayer has done to u. It has taken away reasoning faculty and replace it wif poo..

3 Likes

Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by ammyluv2002(f): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2015
richidinho:

and you are ok with the rate at which club houses are established...Ashe..............................................................wo grin
Its obvious you're stil a child with what you called me so i will just ignore it.
Re: 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State by experimentist: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2015
Good.. close all the gadem churches. Jesus is not lord!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex / "Before Having That Sex" / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Daughter, Divine, Conducts Deliverance In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.