Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets (9722 Views)

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Remain Steadfast In The Faith - Joseph Prince / David Oyedepo Jnr To Pastor The Faith Tabernacle In Ota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
He is the world's fastest man. He holds the world record for both the 100m and the 200m sprint and later today Usain Bolt will line up against former drug cheat, Justin Gatlin, for the second time in a week.
Bolt is also a professing Christian. His PRteam have confirmed Bolt is a Bible-believing, God-honouring, Jesus-worshipping Christian.
But other than crossing himself and offering silent prayers at the start of each race, he is relatively reserved about his faith.
However, the occasional tweet reveals a faith that is centred around praise and gratitude. Here are five moments that give us an insight into Bolt's Christian faith:

Bolt gives glory to God
When Bolt beat his team-mate Yohan Blake in the Olympic 200m final in London 2012, he made history by becoming the first man ever to defend the 200m Olympic title.
After the race, Bolt tweeted to gratitude to the Lord:

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bolt went to win a total of three gold medals at London2012 in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay.
Last weekend Bolt beat Justin Gatlin, a former doper, in the 100m World Championships. It was the first time Bolt had returned to the 'Bird's Nest' stadium in Beijing where he first became Olympic champion, breaking the 200m world record in 2008.
After beating Gatlin on Sunday, Bolt again tweeted his thanks:

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by ladyF(f): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
Awnnn. God is too much jor

1 Like

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bolt at Easter:
In among tweets about his race results, training schedule and the latest Pumakit, Bolt also uses Twitter to encourage his 3.7million followers to faith. Here is a tweet from Easter 2015:

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
May Jah Be Highly Praised..
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bolt on scripture:
When Bolt burst on to the athletics scene, he was loved for his natural talent, his relaxed attitude and his humour.
How ever it seems he is not immune to difficulty as he tweeted a verse from Psalm23 in the build up to the 2015 World Championships:

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bolt's gratitude:
After growing up in a small village in Jamaica with no running water or streetlights, Bolt is thankful for the small things and the big things. He encourages his followers to do the same:

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
The 200m final this afternoon (13:55BST) should be another spectucular show down between Bolt and Gatlin.
And don't forget to keep an eye out for Bolt's subtle signs of faith.

www.christiantoday.com
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Usain Bolt is not a Christian because I saw one of his Race with Tyson gay of the US he came first in the race and did exactly the way Muslims usually do by using his fore head to touch the ground. so, I don't see him as Christian at all. he tweeted those tweets because of his fans who are majorly Christians.

1 Like

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by MrPristine: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
winner01:
He is the world's fastest man. He holds the world record for both the 100m and the 200m sprint and later today Usain Bolt will line up against former drug cheat, Justin Gatlin, for the second time in a week.
Bolt is also a professing Christian. His PRteam have confirmed Bolt is a Bible-believing, God-honouring, Jesus-worshipping Christian.
But other than crossing himself and offering silent prayers at the start of each race, he is relatively reserved about his faith.
However, the occasional tweet reveals a faith that is centred around praise and gratitude. Here are five moments that give us an insight into Bolt's Christian faith:

Bolt gives glory to God
When Bolt beat his team-mate Yohan Blake in the Olympic 200m final in London 2012, he made history by becoming the first man ever to defend the 200m Olympic title.
After the race, Bolt tweeted to gratitude to the Lord:

You are getting it twisted, Christians worship God and honour Jesus. We worship God through Jesus Christ as our intermediary.

1 timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
elijah2u:
Usain Bolt is not a Christian because I saw one of his Race with Tyson gay of the US he came first in the race and did exactly the way Muslims usually do by using his fore head to touch the ground. so, I don't see him as Christian at all. he tweeted those tweets because of his fans who are majorly Christians.
I kneel and bow sometimes when i pray, and im not a muslim undecided
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
MrPristine:

You are getting it twisted, Christians worship God and honour Jesus. We worship God through Jesus Christ as our intermediary.

1 timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Christians actually worship and honour God.
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by parisbookaddict(f): 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
elijah2u:

Mister muslim it is not only muslims who touch their fore head on the ground in thanks..
The pope does a similar thing when every he arrives a new country, he even kisses the ground.. does that make him a muslim?? If bolt starts waging jihad we will review the topic

Check wikipedia and newpapers on google, usian bolt is a christian. Now dont u feel ignorant for ur statement.
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Blackfire(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Mister muslim it is not only muslims who touch their fore head on the ground in thanks..
The pope does a similar thing when every he arrives a new country, he even kisses the ground.. does that make him a muslim?? If bolt starts waging jihad we will review the topic

Check wikipedia and newpapers on google, usian bolt is a christian. Now dont u feel ignorant for ur statement.

i think they are right, usain bolt is a muslim, he puts his head on the ground... Even those guys that do training/exercise in the morning are muslims.... Even me i just realised am a muslim, this morning i put my head on the floor, during my exercise.... Am now a muslim.

Yeshua/yasou akbar

1 Like

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by parisbookaddict(f): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Blackfire:

i think they are right, usain bolt is a muslim, he puts his head on the ground... Even those guys that do training/exercise in the morning are muslims.... Even me i just realised am a muslim, this morning i put my head on the floor, during my exercise.... Am now a muslim.

Yeshua/yasou akbar

Lol, dude do u see how these muslims think. Its incredible.
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Blackfire(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
parisbookaddict:

they think exactly like one of the 360+gods in makkah who said through his true prophet muhamed a PHD holder in al taqiya that he is a DECEIVER, and they found a religion called SUBMIT OR DIE,with a slogan of peace.

Now his almajiris are causing the world.
Tears.
Sorrows.
And blood.

4 Likes

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
parisbookaddict:

point of correction I am a Christian. And I am not ignorant but I suggest he is not a Christian but you said he is then no argument
Just be mindful of the way you express your self

1 Like

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Samunique(m): 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
parisbookaddict:

That's what we always tell our muslim brothers that prostration and bowing one's head in prayer is not peculiar to them and is also not absolute as far as worshiping God is concerned but they won't agree.

That's why whenever they see anybody bowing down with his head touching the ground they take him for a Muslim, and this is the more reason they argue till tomorrow that Jesus & CO who prayed with their faces on the ground were Muslims.

One thing they fail to understand is that majority of Christians do it more than them in their privacy when observing there quite time prayers than most Muslims ( though not religiously as it is in Islam ) .
But Christians will not just go about make noises bcs prostration/bowing down in prayer is not what Christian worship all about.

1 Like

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by mustymatic(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Who asked the pope to do that? why won't you? is he different from you?
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by mustymatic(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2015
MrPristine:

If only Christians will reason, this verse says that there is only one God, and Jesus is a man and is his messenger ...but it's none of my business.

1 Like

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by tartar9(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
parisbookaddict:

your life is wasted,even with his moniker you still concluded he is Muslim.
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Demmzy15(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Just reread this nonsense you wrote and tell if it makes any sense. What brought Jihad into Athletics?! undecided
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by winner01(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
tartar9:
your life is wasted,even with his moniker you still concluded he is Muslim.
not enough reason to conclude that his life is wasted.
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by tartar9(m): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
winner01:
you don't know her like we do.
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by parisbookaddict(f): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
winner01:

Tartar9 is fond of insults and making childish statements. He iS in his early twenties, pro jihad, and very depressed. Click for more information https://www.nairaland.com/2154501/drug-anxiety

1 Like

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by parisbookaddict(f): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
elijah2u:
point of correction I am a Christian. And I am not ignorant but I suggest he is not a Christian but you said he is then no argument
Just be mindful of the way you express your self

My apologies. I have come to expect such comments from Al taqiyya using muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by parisbookaddict(f): 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
mustymatic:

Who asked the pope to do that? why won't you? is he different from you?

Anybody can bow in prayer, I do it. I also kneel. Some times I stand.

its only muslims who think they invented bowing to pray.

What mohaRmMad /muslims invented was chanting Arabic incantations while Hitting their forehead on the ground in worship of a moon god.
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by mustymatic(m): 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
parisbookaddict:

What mohaRmMad /muslims invented was chanting Arabic incantations while Hitting their forehead on the ground in worship of a moon god.
Childish rants... I asked you a simple question who command you?
Jesus did what we're doing
Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Annunaki(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Actually pagans in the time of Prophet ezekiel used to pray exactly the same way muslims pray today. This confirms that the islamic
prayer method has pagan origins.

https://www.nairaland.com/153246/god-does-not-approve-praying

2 Likes

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by parisbookaddict(f): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2015
mustymatic:

Childish rants... I asked you a simple question who command you?
Jesus did what we're doing

No not what u MuslimS are doing.

Jesus prayed "our lords prayer" and called God father.

Muslims don't do that. You believe u are slaves of Islamic allah and to say you are his children is haram.

U pray first by washing away shaytan out of ur nostrils, ears etc then start chanting Arabic, the only language which Islamic allah hears. Then you touch ur ear lobes and do Some superstitious movement all inspired by paganism.

Jesus prayed in aramaic And Hebrew. He simply knelt and prayed to his father.
No Arabic, no pagan inspired activities, no up and down movements, no cleAning shaytan from nostrilS etc.

Jesus says he is the way truth and life, and no one can come to the father except through him.

Mohammed is a liar and u hAve been deceived.
Here is what Mohammed said in his later years according to ur quran;

Surah 46:9: “Say: I am not the first of the apostles, and I do not know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.” (Shakir)

Surah 7:188: Say: “I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as Allah wills. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil could have touched me: I am only a Warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have Faith (in Allah).” (S. V. Ahamed)

Surah 72:21: Say, “I possess no power to harm you, nor to guide you.” (Khalifa)

“It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path.” (Hilali-Khan

2 Likes

Re: The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets by Blackfire(m): 7:34am On Sep 03, 2015
parisbookaddict:

No not what u MuslimS are doing.

Jesus prayed "our lords prayer" and called God father.

Muslims don't do that. You believe u are slaves of Islamic allah and to say you are his children is haram.

U pray first by washing away shaytan out of ur nostrils, ears etc then start chanting Arabic, the only language which Islamic allah hears. Then you touch ur ear lobes and do Some superstitious movement all inspired by paganism.

Jesus prayed in aramaic And Hebrew. He simply knelt and prayed to his father.
No Arabic, no pagan inspired activities, no up and down movements, no cleAning shaytan from nostrilS etc.

Jesus says he is the way truth and life, and no one can come to the father except through him.

Mohammed is a liar and u hAve been deceived.
Here is what Mohammed said in his later years according to ur quran;

Surah 46:9: “Say: I am not the first of the apostles, and I do not know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.” (Shakir)

Surah 7:188: Say: “I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as Allah wills. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil could have touched me: I am only a Warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have Faith (in Allah).” (S. V. Ahamed)

Surah 72:21: Say, “I possess no power to harm you, nor to guide you.” (Khalifa)

“It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path.” (Hilali-Khan

*standing ovation*.
Wow....wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life Is Very Hard Without God / How You Can Avoid Defiling Yourself On Valentine's Day / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.