Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Opinion: Playing Music While Reading, Good Or Bad? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: Playing Music While Reading, Good Or Bad? (382 Views)

Listening To Music When Reading Good Or Bad? / Listening To Music While Studying – Do Or Don’t / Student With Small-Stout While Reading For Exams (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Playing Music While Reading, Good Or Bad? by mayorisaac: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Listening to music is not bad, in fact it is a great thing to listen to music, probably that's why it was generally tagged that "music is a food for the soul", there is no controversy over that as it can be liken to a substance which inspires and energizes our soul but the question is that "is it every time and in all situation"?. Some people believed it to give them the inspiration needed whenever they have a task to perform that is why some people especially students have resulted into listening to music every time anywhere even while reading for the forthcoming exam.
Have met with a lot of people which i asked them "do you listen to music and when is the best time you enjoyed listening to music"? There responses were "when cooking", "during laundry", "before bed", "in the shower" but i was shocked and felt a thousand watt in my body when someone said "when i want to read (study) my book for test and exam", the person even explained that the only way he can study and easily understand without forgetting what he has read is by playing a solemn song while reading. He however explained further that playing music is what gives him the inspiration to read as without it he will just be lukewarm and find it difficult to digest what he has read. To make it worse he made it known that listening to music and reading at the same time has always been his secret to coming out in flying colors especially in cumbersome exams.
This shocking revelation made me interviewed some other people if they can cope with music and reading at the same time then i found out that up to 63% found it distractive and that it creates confusion and assimilation deficiency among others. With greater percentage of people condemning the act that it is very bad because of the disadvantages afore mentioned, the remaining 37% argued that it is good and they have been using the system since long time ago which has been yielding them an excellent results.
Have you practiced it before? Did it worked well for you or it flopped?
Your comment is highly appreciated, share your own opinion, advice or experience on the subject matter "playing music while reading" is it good or it is bad?

source: http://lumenforum..co.ke/2015/08/opinion-playing-music-while-reading.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala
ishilove

(1) (Reply)

Fut Minna Direct Entry Exams 2015/2016 / Warehouse Management System / University Of Ibadan (UI) 2015/16 Pre-degree/ Diploma/ Registration Is Still On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.