Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

A Definite Major Purpose Makes The Difference - Personal Development - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Definite Major Purpose Makes The Difference - Personal Development (403 Views)

"How A Retired Major Treated His Daughter After She Got Pregnant In 100 Level" / Who Makes The Best Family? Pics / What Is Your Definite Major Purpose In Life? - Personal Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Definite Major Purpose Makes The Difference - Personal Development by bare1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
Once upon a time, my definition of fun was bar-hopping, popping champagne and guzzling spirits. It seemed like great fun at the time but I knew there should have been something else besides that. At weekends and holidays it was about drinking. Even when on a trip the bottle is never far away. You know if not for the way it is here, many should be termed alcoholics and recommended for rehab - I for one should have - like in more developed countries.

I have come to realise through a renewing of the mind that all that was more as a result of a lack of a definite major purpose. Clearly excessive drinking could be detrimental to health so why would a person with a great purpose in life seek to cut life short for themselves. There are so many fun things to do in life even work is fun when you do something you're passionate about. It only takes a mind shift to start to realise that some things do not make sense and then seek to find and go with those that do. Honestly many who have fat bank accounts still drift through the world without a definite purpose, if not do you imagine what this nation would be like considering there are quite a number of people who claim to be rich.

Lacking a defined purpose in life is worst than poverty if you ask me, because with a purpose you have a good road map of your destination, that means you are bound to get there sooner or later. As long as you remain focused, you would subsequently get to that destination, going past those drifting around without a purpose. No matter how rich a people appear to be, without a defined purpose they would find themselves being thrown all around by circumstances surrounding their lives. We have heard of lottery winners of millions of dollars end up flat broke and even more familiar cases of celebrities ending up bankrupt.

The hardest thing about finding your definite major purpose is bringing yourself to try. The rest is a piece of cake especially when you position yourself in environments that simplify the process.

(1) (Reply)

Man Says His New Wife Is Too Ugly, Sued Her For US$20,000 / Bed Bugs Eradication Services / Genuine Toyota Spare Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.