Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers (15298 Views)

N649bn Bad Loans: Banks To Sell Over 1,000 Debtors’ Properties / Economic Downturn: Vacancies In Lekki, VI, Ikoyi Properties Rise 72% In 18 Month / Loans: Banks Put Up Chronic Debtors’ Property For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by kingthreat(m): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
dunsman:

See him just defend with facts not displaying how clueless u are.. Guess ur job is to remain clueless

Not as clueless as the one known as the clueless one. grin
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by litetias(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
The problem is not to take the loan but to surmount unforeseeable circumstances and repay the loan.

Businessmen are really risk takers.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
youngice:

You've been around awhile
I started life very young grin
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Savannah's collapse was pre Soludo. Won't happen now...thanks to tighter regulations.
WE Hope so... Financial security is apex...
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by lancee(m): 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
too bad
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nicepoker(m): 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
ladyF:
Chai....hard times are really here

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
hard times no wonder ur FTC is dwindling of recent.
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by wristbangle: 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
pDude:
When dummies run an economy, this is the kind of shyt you end up with.

When you build a house and set a rent price of N5 million per annum in an economy where people can't eat a single square meal, na rat, cockroacj and lizards go live for your house, rent free.

Stupid fools grin

Well said.
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by ibedun: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ozin:
What else do we expect from a man who has hit the ground running backwards and has been running backwards for almost 3 months. He must be somewhere in Libya still running backwards. Let us hope and pray he at least stop running and stay in a spot when he get to the Mediterranean sea to enable great minds take charge of the economy

Stupid eastern bigot who has been running and fanning the fake biggest economy for the past 6 Years? As you say who is the fat puff puff face world bank clerk who has been tampering with Nija economy? Talking of running backward and tumbling down severally? G-effing-EJ. Fool.
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
hmmm....
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Chitumu: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
ladyF:
Chai....hard times are really here

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
no its not Lady F dis time its fremanam then taylor. Pls scroll up
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
nairalandist:
How will their debtors' (politicians') property find buyers when 70% of the country is living on less than $1 per day? They loot money belonging to the nation and starve the masses, oya let their children start buying property from them... Since they didnt allow wealth to circulate abi...
please be realistic! 70% of Nigeria is not leaving on less than $1! that's is rubbish!
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
jcmaiah:

please be realistic! 70% of Nigeria is not leaving on less than $1! that's is rubbish!

It's not just about the amount being spent on a daily basis sir, it's about the value of what their lives revolve around on a daily basis.

But then again, there are so many Nigerians in the villages and even in cities who live on less than $1 per day. Some people have to take Akara and garri almost every night. Akara is 10 naira and if a young child takes 2-3 of it with garri, he'd say he has eaten something. Someone has to speak for those people too.

Below is a breakdown of the meal of a typical poor family of 4 in Nigeria.

Morning: 1 Derica of Rice @N150 with N50 vegetable oil, N30 Sachet Pepper & Tomato, N10 salt and N10 Maggi = N250, cooked with half liter of Kerosense @ N70 Naira= N320. Tell me, if you divide 320 naira by four, how much does that give you?

Afternoon: Soak groundnut and garri/ find your way and eat at your friends house...

Night: 5 pieces of Akara @ N10 each (to be generous) for each member of the family... plus Garri N20 in white nylon. . .

Oya, professor, do the maths. There are people living like that day-in, day-out, but it doesn't show on their faces because Nigerians wear the best smiles in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
eiBADAn:

FAMILY AND FRIENDS I GUESS THROUGH PROXY. THIS IS JUST A PROPAGANDA. MOREOVER, NO ONE WANTS TO BUY PROPERTY THAT WOULD BE CONFISCATED BY EF-THIEVES-THIEVES. MY ONE DOLLAR THOUGHT THO

meaningless. Won't the family and friends be caught by the DD
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
chuna1985:

meaningless. Won't the family and friends be caught by the DD

DID YOU SEE "I GUESS AND DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT "PROXY' MEANS?
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Shaadow: 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Taylor86:
blame it on buharis administration

You should av d good sense to listen to news around the globe and you'll find that yhat yhis is not an isolated sitiuation
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by situationroom: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:

1.PMB is not my idol.I am a Nigerian. My allegiance is to my country and its peoples....not to any politician, or party.

2.If any Nigerian leader cannot see the need to diversify now;...he is blind and he must be removed

3.Your idol GEJ did not do his job well..ie his job of diversifying the economy.....which is partly why we are here.

4.Whatever the cost...we must be prepared to switch from a resource dependent economy to an industrial economy. This might mean austerity....but it would get us to the point of prosperity.

really....... try to be civilized when next you comment
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Ayatullah(m): 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
donholy28:
Buhari is involved

You are definitely wrong! You only watch movies and EPL but have no time for news!
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 29, 2015
situationroom:

really....... try to be civilized when next you comment

I don't understand your comment. I have been as civil as possible.

If you want to criticize me, at least be more clear about it. I don't mind you disagreeing with me.

I did not insult him, and I did not cast aspersions on him.

For goodness sake, don't try to be so condescending. If you do not like my comment....say it, explain, and don't try to be my teacher.
Re: Economic Slowdown Deepens Banks’ Woes As Debtors Property Can’t Find Buyers by situationroom: 9:01am On Aug 29, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I don't understand your comment. I have been as civil as possible.

If you want to criticize me, at least be more clear about it. I don't mind you disagreeing with me.

I did not insult him, and I did not cast aspersions on him.

For goodness sake, don't try to be so condescending. If you do not like my comment....say it, explain, and don't try to be my teacher.

I tink you should carefully read your no.3 fact you presented....dat good luck did not do is job well in diversifying the economy from oil.....have you taken a good look at the current agricultural status achieved by him through the watchful eyes of adesina...I guess not..why? because your just in a heist to condem him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Youths Use Pure Water To Quench House Fire In Onitsha (Video) / 4 Simple Ways To Invest In Real Estate In Nigeria / For Your Exotic Interior And Exterior Architectural Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.