Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council (30449 Views)

Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Inconsequential Portfolios Given To Ndigbo, Ohaneze, Njiko Igbo Alledges. / Why Saraki's Arraignment Is Unacceptable To Objective Observers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Joe1516(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Igbo can never, I repeat can never produce a credible person for the man Buhari.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
laudate:

All your attempts at revisionism is falling flat in its face. Igbanke is made up of 6 clans. Name all the Igbanke communities (not just one) that have an Eze ruling them.

Historically, Igbanke is made up of six autonomous communities namely of Omolua, Ottah, Idumuodin, Ake, Oligia and Igbontor. Each of the six communities has an Enogie as a king. undecided

I can tell you two of the clans that already have Enogies, as their kings. HRH Dr Isaac Uwaifo, is the Enogie of Omolua. wink

Another one is HRH Blessing Otabor Igiebor, the Enogie of Idumodin in Igbanke. http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=article&cat=IkaNews&article=1001

You are pathetic, there is nothing historical about the presence of Enogie in Igbanke, it is only but a relic of Bini forced assimilation of the people, I had shown that the people's original title for King is Eze or Obi like other Ika-Igbo clans.

I had also shown how Bini had subtly forced Bini names in Igbanke people, by selectively discriminating and marginalizing Igbankes with native Ika-Igbo names, and favouring those who threw away their native Ika-Igbo names for Bini/ Edo ones. A development that Igbanke people had over in history fought back against by trying to hold unto as little as possible bits of their original native Ika-Igbo nature .

Every Bini like aspect of Igbanke was forced on the people by the Bini, but if left the their own, the people will revert back to theit original Ika-Igbo nature.

Yes, the King of the Oligie clan of Igbanke does not go by the Bini imposed title, "Enogie", he goes by the title "Eze" as an alias.

If there is anyone trying to revise history here, it's you, who is attempting to present Bini forced relics that the Igbankes are fighting against as a historical and original part of Igbanke.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
Today, we, the good people of Igbanke are gradually losing our once envied linguistic and cultural identity.
5) Some of the eminent sons and daughters of Igbanke, whom out of their outstanding contributions to the development of the community, were recognized and given chieftaincy titles had had such titles changed from their original Ika origin to Bini equivalence. For example, few years ago, one of our sons who addressed himself as “Chief Orike-Eze” in Oba of Benin palace was shamefully harassed, insulted and forcefully forced, right in the palace to change the title to its Bini version. According to the palace, the title, “Orike-Eze” had its origin from Ika and Igbo natio

This is how the Binis constantly harass Igbankes into changing their traditional Ika-Igbo titles to Bini sounding ones. The ambitious amongst the Igbanke must change their titles to Bini sounding one's, if they must excel in Edo.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Our people have also suffered several inexplicable discriminations when it comes to political appointments. During the 2013 Edo state local government elections, one of our sons, Mr. Peter Ikem was refused to contest the chairmanship position in Orhionmwon local government area. Reason? His surname, “Ikem” was an Igbo, not Bini name.

This was how many Igbankes now came to be bearing Bini names, take God to modernity and the demise of Bini empire, Peter Ikem can now resist the change of his name to Bini sounding ones, but his ancestors who lived in the era of Bini empire dominance before the coming of the colonials never had that privilege, their Kings especially, it's either they accept the Bini names and titles or get replaced with stooge from Igbanke willing to do that by the mighty Bini army.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Most times, when we have cause to attend meetings with the Binis in our local government area or senatorial district, deliberations are often conducted in Bini in language without considering the fact that the people of Igbanke in such meeting neither speak nor understand the language. Often than not, when we attend such meetings, we left the venue more confused than we were before we went.
6) In Edo state, Igbanke is only tolerated, not respected, seen, but not accepted. Today, in Edo state, plans are underway by the state Ministry of Education to introduce the teaching of Bini language in Primary and Secondary schools across Edo south senatorial district including Igbanke. Unfortunately, our indigenous language, Ika is not in any way considered qualified and appropriate to be taught in schools in Igbanke. To us, its another deliberate attempt to send our linguistic identity into extinction.

This is how Bini had over the centuries attempted to see to the death of Igbanke's Ika-Igbo language, and replace it with Edo languages.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
https://naijadebate./2014/12/10/a-thread-on-the-history-of-the-igbanke-people-of-edo-state/

Now, I think I am done with you.

The point remains that while Igbanke is holding strongly unto her native Ika-Igbo nature under Bini imperialism, Ogba a free Kingdom, that is not under Bini control or influence, is willingly throwing away her native Igbo nature and replacing them with Bini ones, just to spite themselves and to stay away from the Igbo tag as far as possible.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
pazienza:

You are pathetic, there is nothing historical about the presence of Enogie in Igbanke, it is only but a relic of Bini forced assimilation of the people, I had shown that the people's original title for King is Eze or Obi like other Ika-Igbo clans.

I had also shown how Bini had subtly forced Bini names in Igbanke people, by selectively discriminating and marginalizing Igbankes with native Ika-Igbo names, and favouring those who threw away their native Ika-Igbo names for Bini/ Edo ones. A development that Igbanke people had over in history fought back against by trying to hold unto as little as possible bits of their original native Ika-Igbo nature .

Every Bini like aspect of Igbanke was forced on the people by the Bini, but if left the their own, the people will revert back to their original Ika-Igbo nature.

Yes, the King of the Oligie clan of Igbanke does not go by the Bini imposed title, "Enogie", he goes by the title "Eze" as an alias.

If there is anyone trying to revise history here, it's you, who is attempting to present Bini forced relics that the Igbankes are fighting against as a historical and original part of Igbanke.

You have refused to learn. And people like you make very bad scholars. undecided Unfortunately, you are the pathetic one that refuses to see that Igbanke people have a dual heritage, and you want to sweep the Edo part of their heritage under the carpet to favour your revisionist thinking.

So out of 6 clans, you found only one chief bearing an alias, not even a real title of 'Eze,' and you feel that it is the standard or norm among the Igbankes? You are still stubbornly clinging to this your Eze and Obi theory, despite the fact that the Enogies outnumber your Eze, 2 to 1. shocked And you are also stubbornly holding on to the info in one website, as if that source is the Bible on which the entire Igbanke kingdom, is based. Hehehe ... I laugh in Greek! cheesy

Secondly, your story of victimisation is only stated in 1 link. All other links about the Igbanke people do not carry this so-called victimisation. Is it because it is NOT as widespread as you are trying to make people believe or because it is simply sour grapes from one aggrieved defeated political candidate? Even in Lagos which is Yoruba land, there are 2 Igbo citizens that won elections into the House of Reps, despite their ethnic affiliation. So the Igbanke candidate that lost, claiming he was discriminated against based on his name, was probably clutching at straws. sad sad The Igbanke citizen who lost was Peter Ikem , who until last year was the Edo State Commissioner for Oil & gas Matters in Edo State. he had earlier taken his case to the election tribunal, and the tribunal dismissed his case! For your information the head of the tribunal was Justice Peter Umeadi! Would you say Umeadi could not vote in favour of Peter Ikem if he had a strong case? From there, Peter Ikem went to the high court, and still lost!

Nigeria: Tribunal Dismisses Ikem's Petition Against Aisowieren
By Gabriel Enogholase

The Reconstituted Governorship and Legislative Houses Election Tribunal in Edo State weekend in Benin dismissed the petition filed by the Action Congress (AC) candidate, Mr. Peter Onyekewen Ikem, in the Orionmwon East Constituency of Edo State House of Assembly.

Mr. Ikem had challenged the declaration of the PDP candidate, Mr. Patrick Aisowieren, as the winner of the Orhionmwon East Constituency in the State Assembly elections, following the order by the Court of Appeal in Benin for a retrial of his case after it was earlier dismissed by the Justice Peter Umeadi-led Tribunal.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200903230531.html

I bet if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was the Igbo victimising Igbanke sons and daughters, you would have claimed that there was no evidence to substantiate their claims, and as such it could not have happened. undecided Like you did in that other thread...remember??

I asked you a question earlier: "Why do the rulers of Igbanke clans bear Edo names?" Afterall, in this day and age, people are free to change their names back to their ancestral ones, if they feel their current names do not serve any useful purpose. Yet they are still bearing their Edo names with pride. Why?? shocked

Secondly, do you agree that sons and daughters of Igbanke land bear Edo names like Omorodion, Idabor, Olubor, Osunde, Eni, Ogbomor, Irabor, Oghumu, Edobor, Idahosa etc?

Finally, Do you agree that they are no less Igbanke, than those who bear Ika names? undecided
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
laudate:

You have refused to learn. And people like you make very bad scholars. undecided Unfortunately, you are the pathetic one that refuses to see that Igbanke people have a dual heritage, and you want to sweep the Edo part of their heritage under the carpet to favour your revisionist thinking.

So out of 6 clans, you found only one chief bearing an alias, not even a real title of 'Eze,' and you feel that it is the standard or norm among the Igbankes? You are still stubbornly clinging to this your Eze and Obi theory, despite the fact that the Enogies outnumber your Eze, 2 to 1. shocked And you are also stubbornly holding on to the info in one website, as if that source is the Bible on which the entire Igbanke kingdom, is based. Hehehe ... I laugh in Greek! cheesy

Secondly, your story of victimisation is only stated in 1 link. All other links about the Igbanke people do not carry this so-called victimisation. Is it because it is NOT as widespread as you are trying to make people believe or because it is simply sour grapes from one aggrieved defeated political candidate? Even in Lagos which is Yoruba land, there are 2 Igbo citizens that won elections into the House of Reps, despite their ethnic affiliation. So the Igbanke candidate that lost, claiming he was discriminated against based on his name, was probably clutching at straws. sad sad

I bet if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was the Igbo victimising Igbanke sons and daughters, you would have claimed that there was no evidence to substantiate their claims, and as such it could not have happened. undecided Like you did in that other thread...remember??

I asked you a question earlier: "Why do the rulers of Igbanke clans bear Edo names?" Afterall, in this day and age, people are free to change their names back to their ancestral ones, if they feel their current names do not serve any useful purpose. Yet they are still bearing their Edo names with pride. Why?? shocked

Secondly, do you agree that sons and daughters of Igbanke land bear Edo names like Omorodion, Idabor, Olubor, Osunde, Eni, Ogbomor, Irabor, Oghumu, Edobor, Idahosa etc?

Finally, Do you agree that they are no less Igbanke, than those who bear Ika names? undecided

Igbanke victimization and forceful assimilation in Edo is a well known topic if you are conversant with Igbanke people. The people has been agitating to be re United their Ika kin in Delta state to preserve their Ika culture.

People like you are treacherous and deceitful, they make good revisionists.

Igbanke has no dual heritage, they are of Ika-Igbo stock, they can communicate freely with an Igbo man as far away as Abia state without needing an interpreter,
But they can't communicate with any Edo group without first learning the Edo language or using an interpreter, this is despite the fact they they have lived with edos for centuries. Other than having to suffer under Bini imperialism, they have no Bini heritage.

You can as well ask me why do Nigerian rulers go by the name presidents?
Isnt it obvious that it is so because we live in an anglo Saxon dominated world?
Igbanke people bear Edo titles and names because they are still under Edo influence in Edo state, it's as simple as that.

Of course I had explained how those Bini names came about, it was due to Bini imperialism. Those in Igbanke that sought to be recognised and approved by Binis must change their names to Bini ones, moreover since Bini of old was a prestigious empire, some of them( Igbanke) deliberately took up Edo names just to attach to Bini fame, this same thing happened in Anioma, I will be back to hit more on this.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
pazienza:
https://naijadebate./2014/12/10/a-thread-on-the-history-of-the-igbanke-people-of-edo-state/

Now, I think I am done with you.

The point remains that while Igbanke is holding strongly unto her native Ika-Igbo nature under Bini imperialism, Ogba a free Kingdom, that is not under Bini control or influence, is willingly throwing away her native Igbo nature and replacing them with Bini ones, just to spite themselves and to stay away from the Igbo tag as far as possible.

pazienza:

Igbanke victimization and forceful assimilation in Edo is a well known topic if you are conversant with Igbanke people. The people has been agitating to be re United their Ika kin in Delta state to preserve their Ika culture.

People like you are treacherous and deceitful, they make good revisionists.

Igbanke has no dual heritage, they are of Ika-Igbo stock, they can communicate freely with an Igbo man as far away as Abia state without needing an interpreter,
But they can't communicate with any Edo group without first learning the Edo language or using an interpreter, this is despite the fact they they have lived with edos for centuries. Other than having to suffer under Bini imperialism, they have no Bini heritage.

You can as well ask me why do Nigerian rulers go by the name presidents?
Isnt it obvious that it is so because we live in an anglo Saxon dominated world?
Igbanke people bear Edo titles and names because they are still under Edo influence in Edo state, it's as simple as that.

Of course I had explained how those Bini names came about, it was due to Bini imperialism. Those in Igbanke that sought to be recognised and approved by Binis must change their names to Bini ones, moreover since Bini of old was a prestigious empire, some of them( Igbanke) deliberately took up Edo names just to attach to Bini fame, this same thing happened in Anioma, I will be back to hit more on this.

Cut the crap. There is no Bini imperialism, anywhere. Not in this day and age.

And the Igbanke also hold on to their Bini heritage, just as they hold on to the Igbo one. None of them is superior to the other! undecided

The treachery and revisionism is only in your own soul! Stop bringing Anglo-Saxon examples into this discussion. You are just trying to digress, because you know quite well that your argument is weak and holds no substance. sad

How come the victimisation issue can only be found on just one site, if it is so well-known? Igbanke people are quite vocal. They have complained loudly about the lack of infrastructure in their own area, just like many other Edo communities have done.

And like stated in my last post which I have just updated; Peter Ikem that you are using as an example of that victimisation was made Edo State Commissioner for Oil & Gas. If victimisation of Igbanke people was as widespread as you claim, would he have been considered for that position??

Even the election he contested and lost, the election tribunal headed by an Igbo man dismissed it! Wouldn't the Judge have upheld Ikem's submission if he had a case?? undecided
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
[b] Let`s leave what happened in the Edo UK event out of this matter and come to the reality, my names are Uwabor Chukwuma Patrick and anybody that hears or sees my middle name written will quickly conclude that I am an Igbo man, that is why my primary school teacher changed Uwabor to Nwafor but I am from Igbanke in Orhiowon Local Government Area of Edo State
It used to be convenient during the old Bendel State when asked, where are you from? Agbor of-course, how will you feel when someone from Igbanke can speak with an Igbo man from Abia,Anambra,Enugu,Imo fluently and cannot relate to his brother from the same LGA . I remember my enrollment into the secondary school and I was ask state of origin and that was the year the two states came out of the then Bendel State and I remembered my Uncle had earlier told me that we are now Edo State,I quickly replied "Edo sir" but looking on my names Nwafor Chukwuma and staring at me,a Bini man behind me spoke bini to me and I said "I don`t understand" and he said "he`s from Delta" and Delta State was written for me as my state of origin back then.
Presently now where I live here in Gombe,Nigeria we the Igbanke people meets once a month and for the state meeting, we attends Delta State meeting all
these because of language barrier. [/b]

This is a true life story an Igbanke person shared on Nairaland.

If you are an Igbanke and you bear an Ika name, the Edos will discriminate against you and deny you your rights.
Look at how he was dismissed as a Delta Ika man.
Imagine what could have been going on in the ancient era, and you wonder why we have many Igbankes with Edo names?
www.nairaland.com/1476072/igbanke-edo-state-delta-state/1

You might as well read the beginning part of that thread, the Adagbon of a lady is the admin of Igbanke Facebook page, she is a very Igbophobic human being.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
pazienza:
[b] Let`s leave what happened in the Edo UK event out of this matter and come to the reality, my names are Uwabor Chukwuma Patrick and anybody that hears or sees my middle name written will quickly conclude that I am an Igbo man, that is why my primary school teacher changed Uwabor to Nwafor but I am from Igbanke in Orhiowon Local Government Area of Edo State
It used to be convenient during the old Bendel State when asked, where are you from? Agbor of-course, how will you feel when someone from Igbanke can speak with an Igbo man from Abia,Anambra,Enugu,Imo fluently and cannot relate to his brother from the same LGA . I remember my enrollment into the secondary school and I was ask state of origin and that was the year the two states came out of the then Bendel State and I remembered my Uncle had earlier told me that we are now Edo State,I quickly replied "Edo sir" but looking on my names Nwafor Chukwuma and staring at me,a Bini man behind me spoke bini to me and I said "I don`t understand" and he said "he`s from Delta" and Delta State was written for me as my state of origin back then.
Presently now where I live here in Gombe,Nigeria we the Igbanke people meets once a month and for the state meeting, we attends Delta State meeting all
these because of language barrier. [/b]

This is a true life story an Igbanke person shared on Nairaland.

If you are an Igbanke and you bear an Ika name, the Edos will discriminate against you and deny you your rights.
Look at how he was dismissed as a Delta Ika man.
Imagine what could have been going on in the ancient era, and you wonder why we have many Igbankes with Edo names?
www.nairaland.com/1476072/igbanke-edo-state-delta-state/1

You might as well read the beginning part of that thread, the Adagbon of a lady is the admin of Igbanke Facebook page, she is a very Igbophobic human being.

Story, story....story!! wink What is the population of the citizens of Igbanke land?

Oh, two people shared a story and you claim victimisation. That post on the nairaland link was culled from the same Ikaworld website so don't make it seem as if several sources are saying the same thing. It is still from one original link.

Why didn't the Chukwuma guy educate his teacher and classmates, on his state of origin and his community??

So, because a classmate spoke Bini to him and he couldn't respond, that classmate concluded his state of origin was Delta and the teacher accepted. He was a first class mugu! angry

If he had denied it sharply, and brought a map to school the very next day to educate them about the name of his local govt area and his ethnic origin, then no one would have treated him with such levity. undecided

When a man does not understand his own identity and cannot defend it appropriately, people will call him whatever they like, and tell his story for him, like you are doing now for the Igbankes. So Chukwuma should have held his ground and not allowed anyone to determine his state of origin for him!

Someone once called me a Ghanaian when I went to school in the UK. Another one said I was from Niger. What an abomination! Sharp, sharp I turned round to refute it, and lectured him on my country, its location in sub-saharan West Africa and the difference between Nigeria, Niger and Ghana. That was the last time, anyone tried that rubbish! angry

Bini imperialism died decades ago. Why are they still clinging to such names, afterall their language is Ika, and not Bini? If Bini influence was as strong as you claim, why isn't their language Bini or an Edo dialect?

Finally, stop running from pillar to post. restrict your answers to the Igbanke alone, and not the entire Anioma region. No one has brought up Anioma in this discussion, except you.

Meanwhile, you have not provided answers to the questions, I asked you. Still waiting! shocked shocked
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Ayesman(m): 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
DedeNkem:
Buhari is practicing hardcore tribalism, which is evident in his appointments.
His agenda is to give his northern thieves full control of Nigeria.

Biafran War 2.0 is imminent if this inequality continues. When it happens, Britain, Soviets (defunct) won't come to your rescue.
The war will be the bloodiest in Africa, both hausas/fulanis and yorubas will suffer the most casualties and this time, Biafran will prevail.

The clock is ticking loudly!

Punkasss! The war would be the bloodiest in your family. Let the war start, we damn ready. Bitch bring it on!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by PenSniper: 4:23am On Aug 30, 2015
Ibos never cease to amuse me. They have succeeded in making themselves the laughing stock of Nigeria, the latest joke in town, the wailers international, the shame of lower niger people, masters in the issuance of spineless ultimata.

They boasted they don't need government appointment to survive yet they beg and shed tears for it.

They call Nigeria a zoo yet proudly carry her passport and other national documents around.

They cry 'let my people go' with nobody chaining them down, yet
sit put like wheel-barrows waiting for who to push them.

They claim to be hated but hate the most.

They claim monopoly of wisdom but generally display the highest degree of a very low cognitive reasoning.

A people that shamelessly revel in criminology, in mediocry, obscenity, intolerance, mixed complex, morbid acquisition, vain self-adulation, delusional grandeur and playing the victim.

What a tribe !
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by ceaz4r(m): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2015
Eluwilussit:
Ndi igbo should respect themselves. You knew what was coming and that's why you refused to have anything to do with the bigot. Now you have been vindicated. This is no time to wail. You lot should be proud of yourselves and hold your heads high. Don't go begging Buhari.

Pull your resources together and govern your region with whatever you get. Show the rest that you can truly stand out and shine, in spite of Buhari's skewed governance. The SE rejected Buhari and didn't want anything to do with him. So one would expect some disgruntled individuals from the SE & SS to complain, but I don't think Ohaneze or any other Igbo representative should beg or wail. Their warning has come to pass.

Well spoken, bruv!
...Million likes!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by PenSniper: 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
emmykk:
Tinubu be like jonathan forgive us for we didnt know what we were doing.

The sgf is to check atiku influence in adamawa

What is Tinubu's in this ? Did he complain ? Do you think Tinubu's influence in nigerian politics is narrowed down to Yorubas alone ?
Be deceiving yourself.
This is ibos' cry for being snubbed.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by naijaking1: 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
@pienza and laudate
You guys are both old men in this game.
Why do you two brothers fight over who shall sleep on the wall side of the bed while the real enemy is outside your house gathering petrol, tires, and dried leaves to set the whole whole house on fire!!!

If someone wants to be identified as having Igbo roots let him do so, if he chooses not to do so, let no harm come to him either. Sands always settle at the bottom of the sea when the tempest pass. Peace
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 12:15am On Aug 31, 2015
naijaking1:
@pienza and laudate
Why do you two brothers fight over who shall sleep on the wall side of the bed while the real enemy is outside your house gathering petrol, tires, and dried leaves to set the whole whole house on fire!!!

If someone wants to be identified as having Igbo roots let him do so, if he chooses not to do so, let no harm come to him either. Sands always settle at the bottom of the sea when the tempest pass. Peace

Bros, you talk am well. May you live long! Pazienza is the one always trying to decree the kind of identity, each individual must bear. Why?? Ọ nà-èkwu ife à daa...

Why must a person inflict his own idea of what constitutes an 'identity,' on someone else? He just dey drink panadol for another person headache o! shocked shocked

Daalu zi! wink
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 12:55am On Aug 31, 2015
naijaking1:
@pienza and laudate

Nwannaa, laudate is no Brother of mine, I have been long enough in this game to know lost brothers, awake brothers, sleeping brothers, and enemies wearing veneers of Brotherhood.

Laudate and Madcow( Okija juju) fall into the last group.
They are more dangerous than the real enemies, because they are enemies that gets close enough to you using their veneer of Brotherhood, and then strike you at the heart. You are never going to give real enemies such chance.

Characters like those two must as much as possible be distinguished as non Igbo and Igbophobic for the benefit of the gullible Igbos.

Dalu kwa
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by naijaking1: 1:25am On Aug 31, 2015
It is in our nature to disagree with each other as Igbos, but we must never be crabs in a bucket, otherwise we will all end up inside the soup pot----well cooked and dead!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 1:32am On Aug 31, 2015
pazienza:

Nwannaa, laudate is no Brother of mine, I have been long enough in this game to know lost brothers, awake brothers, sleeping brothers, and enemies wearing veneers of Brotherhood.

Laudate and Madcow( Okija juju) fall into the last group.
They are more dangerous than the real enemies, because they are enemies that gets close enough to you using their veneer of Brotherhood, and then strike you at the heart. You are never going to give real enemies such chance.

Characters like those two must as much as possible be distinguished as non Igbo and Igbophobic for the benefit of the gullible Igbos.

Dalu kwa

You are right. We can not be brothers. You have a great propensity for turning truth on its head! Nonetheless, I shall respect Maazi Naijaking1 and ignore you from henceforth. Thank you!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Nobody: 2:19am On Aug 31, 2015
who cares what they accept, they are all wailers
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by DedeNkem: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2015
Ayesman:

Punkasss! The war would be the bloodiest in your family. Let the war start, we damn ready. Bitch bring it on!

Dumb coward yoruba as*shole!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by DedeNkem: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2015
Joe1516:
Igbo can never, I repeat can never produce a credible person for the man Buhari.

You're an id*iot. Hausa/fulani and yorubas are the ones who destroyed the country. Does it show you f*ools have what it takes to lead? NO.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2015
DedeNkem:

You're an id*iot. Hausa/fulani and yorubas are the ones who destroyed the country. Does it show you f*ools have what it takes to lead? NO.

Every tribe destroyed this country, not just one or two. We must now strive to re-build it. Even if the Hausa/fulani and yorubas were the ones who destroyed the country like you claim, they often had Igbo accomplices... undecided
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by DedeNkem: 11:00am On Aug 31, 2015
laudate:

Every tribe destroyed this country, not just one or two. We must now strive to re-build it. Even if the Hausa/fulani and yorubas were the ones who destroyed the country like you claim, they often had Igbo accomplices... undecided

There has never been an Igbo President for 48 years!!
So don't blame Igbo for hausa/fulani and yoruba incompetence and corruption!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2015
DedeNkem:

There has never been an Igbo President for 48 years!!
So don't blame Igbo for hausa/fulani and yoruba incompetence and corruption!

Bros, re-read my post again with an open mind. I did not mention the word president. Is it only presidents that are guilty of ruining countries?

What about state governors, senators, ministers, business men and public officials??

I still maintain my stand. Every tribe ruined this country, and if the Hausa/fulani and yorubas were the ones who destroyed the country like you claim, they often had Igbo accomplices.... undecided
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by naijaking1: 11:25am On Aug 31, 2015
laudate:

Bros, re-read my post again with an open mind. I did not mention the word president. Is it only presidents that are guilty of ruining countries?

What about state governors, senators, ministers, business men and public officials??

I still maintain my stand. Every tribe ruined this country, and if the Hausa/fulani and yorubas were the ones who destroyed the country like you claim, they often had Igbo accomplices.... undecided

CC Onoh said that his anger with Buhari was the fact the he imprisoned Alex Ekwueme and kept Shagari under house arrest in his own house. He stated that it was akin to arresting the conductor of a bus in an accident, and letting the driver of the vehicle go.
My point is that the people who have been presidents of this country bear the most blame for our nations problems. If someone is not able to control, manage, or supervise all the federal personnel well, then that person has no business trying to be president in the first place.

Speaking about other officers being equally guilty simply dilutes the weight of evidence on the shoulders of the captain of the ship of state--a common technique used by lawyers to confuse issues. Unlike the parliamentary system, our current presidential system places almost all executive powers on the hands of that one person, so why can't we blame or praise him for whatever goes wrong or right?
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by DedeNkem: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2015
laudate:

A president who doesn't want corruption to exist during his administration will fight corruption with every power at his disposal! Which we have not seen yet.

It's the job of the president to make the country better and work for better welfare of the citizens. A president can either ruin or make a country better!

So yes, a president is always responsible for whatever happens under his leadership!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by laudate: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2015
naijaking1:

CC Onoh said that his anger with Buhari was the fact the he imprisoned Alex Ekwueme and kept Shagari under house arrest in his own house. He stated that it was akin to arresting the conductor of a bus in an accident, and letting the driver of the vehicle go.
My point is that the people who have been presidents of this country bear the most blame for our nations problems. If someone is not able to control, manage, or supervise all the federal personnel well, then that person has no business trying to be president in the first place.

Speaking about other officers being equally guilty simply dilutes the weight of evidence on the shoulders of the captain of the ship of state--a common technique used by lawyers to confuse issues. Unlike the parliamentary system, our current presidential system places almost all executive powers on the hands of that one person, so why can't we blame or praise him for whatever goes wrong or right?

It does not dilute anything. You cannot have bad followers, and yet insist on having a good president. And vice versa. undecided

And holding other corrupt officials culpable for their atrocities, does not mean the 'weight of evidence on the captain of a ship is diluted.' It simply means that every man answers for his own sin. Are you suggesting that only presidents should be jailed, while others under him go scot free to enjoy their loot and ill-gotten wealth, because they were not at the helm of affairs of the country, like the president?? shocked

There is no balance in making one person bear the guilt and punishment, of all the others. We no longer live in Biblical times.
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Koolking(m): 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
pazienza:

It's funny that the same people who were shouting for Rose Uzoma sack when she was accused of employing too many Igbos without due observance of the federal character,, are the ones now saying that it doesn't matter where the appointees are from.

Biafra is a mirage? You need your head examined, you are an ignorant being, you mean our forerunners fought for and sacrificed their lives for a mirage? You need help asap.

And oh, there is nothing like being politically neutral, it doesn't exist, it's obvious from your post where your allegiance lies.
There have been many threads on NL about the the role of federal character on the cut off marks for entrance into federal unity schools, where a Jigawa candidate only needs to score 2 to be admitted, while his Anambra counterpart is required to score 139 to be admitted. I didn't see your post in any of those threads condemning such practice, instead most of the Arewa-Odua people here now telling us why we should do away with the federal character , just to exonerate their demi God Buhari, were seen supporting federal character in those threads.

Ndi ara.

Of course, I need help urgently on how to drum sense into your coconut head. Head full of hatred for Nigerians who don't support your selfish agenda.

I reiterate in strong term, BIAFRA is a dream. Until you wake up from your slumber and face reality, you'll still be led by ignorance and hate. Instead of expunging political and tribal dichotomy from your system and look within you for real change you yearn for, you are here on NL wailing and comparing yourself to forefathers who agitated for Biafra. Of course, they had a good course to fight for. But the course had been hijacked and bastardised for sectional interest in the East. I tell you this, if this is pursued, it will annihilate the Igbos. Let sleeping dogs lie, biko

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by pazienza(m): 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
Koolking:

Of course, I need help urgently on how to drum sense into your coconut head. Head full of hatred for Nigerians who don't support your selfish agenda.

I reiterate in strong term, BIAFRA is a dream. Until you wake up from your slumber and face reality, you'll still be led by ignorance and hate. Instead of expunging political and tribal dichotomy from your system and look within you for real change you yearn for, you are here on NL wailing and comparing yourself to forefathers who agitated for Biafra. Of course, they had a good course to fight for. But the course had been hijacked and bastardised for sectional interest in the East. I tell you this, if this is pursued, it will annihilate the Igbos. Let sleeping dogs lie, biko

Lol!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by naijaking1: 3:43am On Sep 01, 2015
laudate:

It does not dilute anything. You cannot have bad followers, and yet insist on having a good president. And vice versa. undecided

And holding other corrupt officials culpable for their atrocities, does not mean the 'weight of evidence on the captain of a ship is diluted.' It simply means that every man answers for his own sin. Are you suggesting that only presidents should be jailed, while others under him go scot free to enjoy their loot and ill-gotten wealth, because they were not at the helm of affairs of the country, like the president?? shocked

There is no balance in making one person bear the guilt and punishment, of all the others. We no longer live in Biblical times.

The buck stops at the president's desk.
You can read it any way you chose.
The danger of saying the buck stops at everybody desk is not a reality, because the president is at the top of our constitutional food chain.
Just like the captain of a ship, pilot of an airplane, the headmaster of a school, etc, people at the top must always take responsibility for good and bad things happening under their care. That's called responsibilty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thugs Fight In Front Of PDP Headquarters / Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow / Adams Oshiomhole Emerges As BRACED Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.