Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,563 members, 7,781,820 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:38 PM

Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle (40861 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by adesegun121(m): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Yinkahlite(m): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
Remove excess fat from the tummy, arm or thigh within 9 days using our natural weight reduction therapy called CLEAN 9. whatsapp 08101951678 call: 08175297699
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
To me Buhari has d right to appoint anybody he likes.
But one thing I know is dat der is always a day of reckoning.
The same northerners who were at the forefront for federal character in d past that the rest of d south was against and for meritocracy, all of a sudden made a u turn because they think there man is in power, and now all of a sudden the same north dat exam bodies had to reduce der examination requirements to enable dem meet up with the south magically is now more qualified than the south, even more than the igbos who were given the highest cut off marks in exams...lol.
To me I dont like the way aggrieved parties are going abt Buharis appointments but let Buhari a better and equitable Nigeria wud benefit u, I and ur future generations, we wud always stand behind u and support u as far as u hv every Nigerian in mind irrespective of his tribe or state of origin or region.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by chichriso: 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK/URL TO BOOST YOUR TRAFFIC

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by bonechamberlain(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
ok good for him.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by hinwazaka: 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Op, relax...let the wailers wail, while PMB makes progress...
The No 1 golden rule in life, NEVER attempt to please everyone...
GEJ did his best to keep 'everyone' happy 4 2nd term sake, even went as far as allowing both civil servants and politicians to plunder our commonwealth by saying #STEALINGISNTCORRUPTION...where is he today?
The mouth that spoke evil about you today, would turn around to say good about you tomorrow...
PMB...#NEVER MINd THEM
So to you, the No1 Golden rule is to heat up the polity, while disregarding the wishes and aspirations of your people, all in the name of a grand master plan that only you as the leader is aware of. Congratulations, you are a certified Mugu

11 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by demmy0325(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Does tribe matters.. What we should strive for is efficiency.. undecided..

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by millionboi(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Na lie
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
He should balance his appointment with each geopolitical zone,not how a minority occupy more post than others.Nigeria belongs to all of us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
He should balance his appointment with each geopolitical zone,not how a minority group occupy more post than others.Nigeria belongs to all of us.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Iykopee(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
This OP is saying rubbish and it shows the kinda human he/she is....... These northerners are the same people who wouldn't stop @ nothing to shout 'PRINCIPLE OF FEDERAL CHARACTER' not adhered to if things aren't goin their way, but u are here trying to justify Buhari's silly lopsided appointments due to ur political affinity. Anyway, u have chosen to remain a SLAVE forever. Keep defending the indefensible.

13 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Since it's in vogue to check demographics of appointees rather than their track records, very well then we shall do so. While most of us are shouting "Northern Agenda" Let's take a closer look at this expression called "North". Let's be sincere, when we hear North, the first thing that comes to mind is Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. But we have all forgotten or simply refused to learn that North is divided into
Geographically:
1. North East
2. North West
3. North Central

Demographically:
1. Core Muslim
2. Almost 200 Minority tribes
3. A fair chunk of Christian population
4. Hausa/Fulani plus Kanuri Majority Tribes

Simply put, the North is 5 times more complex than the South.
Now let's examine possible reasons why we just assume North to be Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. The answer is not rocket science. It's simply because Hausas and Fulanis have been dominating the Northern scene since forever. Now let's take a closer look at Buhari's Northern appointments so far;
Did we miss the fact that a fair number of the ones in sensitive posts are from minority tribes and in fact Christians??
Now help me ask yourselves, when last did Northern Christians get recognition? When last did we hear of tribes like Kilba, Angas, Tula, Waja? Is it not indeed some sort of change from the usual Hausa/Fulani/SS/Yoruba/Igbo/Muslim we keep hearing all over the place? Ok nau. Are we aware of the SGF is a Pastor of proven integrity? Don't you think that empowering and recognizing the Christians and minority tribes will go a long way in checking insurgencies and attacks on these vulnerable people by Fulani herdsmen, etc? Are you now trying to say that these minorities in the North who have never been given recognition but have been patiently waiting are lower and inferior Nigerians? Don't they deserve spots just like the conventional Yorubas which make up SW, Igbos which make up SE and then the different SS tribes?

I'm not done yet. Have we noticed that these appointees are not your usual politicians? Does that not mean that it won't be the "awon goons mi" business as usual? They were almost regular people until Buhari made them popular, meaning they don't have a never-ending list of goons they need to reward. I know most disappointed APC fans had placed their bets on Onu, Fashola, and Ameachi. They have erroneously seen Nigeria politics as a sport betting game or a fantasy football league where you conjure up your own "dream team". Smh.

If we still insist on this marginalization talk can we ask ourselves these questions?;

1. Is there more stable electricity in North than in the south?
2. The clean up in sectors so far, does it in the long run affect only Northerners? If the EFCC, Customs, pensions, NNPC etc are functioning properly does it not mean better for us as a whole? When last did you queue for fuel?
3. Buhari just ordered clean up of ogoni areas, (let's not forget we just had an ND son there for the past five years!) Are Northerners the ones to benefit from this exercise?

Can we please just relax our muscles a bit while we watch how things eventually play out?
I don't know why the average Nigerian does not think outside the box. These points here are things I pray each and every person reading this will ponder on with at least half an open mind. This is the first time I will be begging the mods to move my thread to FP. My message must touch as many hearts as possible.
Call me a hopeless Nigeria-lover. Yeah I know I am because I'm the type that loves with all my heart, I may get angry but I still love. smiley

Good bless The Federal Rebublic of Nigeria!
Sai Buhari!

Cheers!

Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Obinoscopy.

so what's ur point ohh northerner.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by abeniagbon(m): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
You guys like poltics. Instead of you to be praying for the better of this country you will be here making noise over an appointee wetin dey shele now

4 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pierocash:
I don't care wether all appointment is from nt, what we need is credibility.afterall, southerners are most corrupt.

So Abacha, Atiku, babangida, buhari etc are saints.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
otunsman:
He should balance his appointment with each geopolitical zone,not how a minority group occupy more post than others.Nigeria belongs to all of us.
Seconded... if really he wants to use merit; then let federal character and the quota system be removed from the constitution let us all know that we are all competing on a leveled ground let d best man win.
Than a situation where most people only shout federal character when it suits dem and scream merit when it doesnot.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
LoveMachine:

I like this ur pix cheesy grin grin how can I get it? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by zizytd(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nigerians worry over nothing, some people just want them to say, that Minster is from my state, they don't care if he does anything for them. Nigerians have a long way to go

11 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.

Any evidence so far? None

Quit being sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by anorld(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by hinwazaka: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Yinkahlite:
Remove excess fat from the tummy, arm or thigh within 9 days using our natural weight reduction therapy called CLEAN 9. whatsapp 08101951678 call: 08175297699
If your therapy does not include Anaerobic exercises and tremendous workout for five days a week, which will require a duration of 3months and above, before seeing moderate results. Then I suggest you F**K OFF.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Iykopee:
This OP is saying rubbish and it shows the kinda human he/she is....... These northerners are the same people who wouldn't stop @ nothing to shout 'PRINCIPLE OF FEDERAL CHARACTER' not adhered to if things aren't goin their way, but u are here trying to justify Buhari's silly lopsided appointments due to ur political affinity. Anyway, u have chosen to remain a SLAVE forever. Keep defending the indefensible.
Dont turn dz into a we vs dem tribal war pls.
At one point in time whether north or east or west or south there are always times of ups and downs.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
Trash ,pl where is barcanistan i love reading that guys comment
The guy get future

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
hinwazaka:

So to you, the No1 Golden rule is to heat up the polity, while disregarding the wishes and aspirations of your people, all in the name of a grand master plan that only you as the leader is aware of. Congratulations, you are a certified Mugu
Mr man, YOU are amongst the ilks heating up the polity...responsible people are forging ahead with their business, only praying for or being concerned for a better goverment...you there monitoring the demography of political appointees...grow up! It's because of the way your type reason that made IBB in 2011 say that the youths are not ready to take up the mantle of leadership in Naija...

7 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by LoungeCEO(m): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I'm not done yet. Have we noticed that these appointees are not your usual politicians? Does that not mean that it won't be the "awon goons mi" business as usual? They were almost regular people until Buhari made them popular, meaning they don't have a never-ending list of goons they need to reward. I know most disappointed APC fans had placed their bets on Onu, Fashola, and Ameachi. They have erroneously seen Nigeria politics as a sport betting game or a fantasy football league where you conjure up your own "dream team". Smh.

If we still insist on this marginalization talk can we ask ourselves these questions?;

2. The clean up in sectors so far, does it in the long run affect only Northerners? If the EFCC, Customs, pensions, NNPC etc are functioning properly does it not mean better for us as a whole? When last did you queue for fuel?
3. Buhari just ordered clean up of ogoni areas, (let's not forget we just had an ND son there for the past five years!) Are Northerners the ones to benefit from this exercise?

Can we please just relax our muscles a bit while we watch how things eventually play out?
I don't know why the average Nigerian does not think outside the box. These points here are things I pray each and every person reading this will ponder on with at least half an open mind. This is the first time I will be begging the mods to move my thread to FP. My message must touch as many hearts as possible.
Call me a hopeless Nigeria-lover. Yeah I know I am because I'm the type that loves with all my heart, I may get angry but I still love. smiley

Sai Buhari!

Cheers!

God blesss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by notoriousbabe: 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pierocash:
I don't care wether all appointment is from nt, what we need is credibility.afterall, southerners are most corrupt.
especially late abacha
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
You people cannot do anything. He has appointed who he likes.

You can only sit on your PCs and type anything you like.

Calling yourselves names like yeebos, flat heads, slaves, Southwest, Southeast etc.

Let that heaven that will fall down, fall down today.

He has chosen who he wants as secretary. He chose who he trusts and who he can work with.

If I was allowed to choose a secretary, I will also choose who I think I can work with.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by notoriousbabe: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
HKCOMPANY:
Trash ,pl where is barcanistan i love reading that guys comment
The guy get future
he has been arrested by sss
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Abugab(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
OP you so so on point.
Hope the wailers will read and reflect on this.
A Nigeria that works is what we crave for.
A Nigeria that will engage all Nigerians and eliminate idleness from the lives of our teaming unemployed.
A Nigeria where there will be dignity in labour.
A Nigeria where hard work will always pay and not the monkey dey work baboon dey chop style.
Let's give the appointees the benefit of the doubt before pmb and them are crucified.
Appointments along ethnic and party lines has not done us any good thus far and sticking to the same style and expevting magic will be foolhardy.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by sultan003(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.
do u have proof, if not don't say what you are not sure of
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Eyop: 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by dat9jaguy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Since it's in vogue to check demographics of appointees rather than their track records, very well then we shall do so. While most of us are shouting "Northern Agenda" Let's take a closer look at this expression called "North". Let's be sincere, when we hear North, the first thing that comes to mind is Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. But we have all forgotten or simply refused to learn that North is divided into
Geographically:
1. North East
2. North West
3. North Central

Demographically:
1. Core Muslim
2. Almost 200 Minority tribes
3. A fair chunk of Christian population
4. Hausa/Fulani plus Kanuri Majority Tribes

Simply put, the North is 5 times more complex than the South.
Now let's examine possible reasons why we just assume North to be Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. The answer is not rocket science. It's simply because Hausas and Fulanis have been dominating the Northern scene since forever. Now let's take a closer look at Buhari's Northern appointments so far;
Did we miss the fact that a fair number of the ones in sensitive posts are from minority tribes and in fact Christians??
Now help me ask yourselves, when last did Northern Christians get recognition? When last did we hear of tribes like Kilba, Angas, Tula, Waja? Is it not indeed some sort of change from the usual Hausa/Fulani/SS/Yoruba/Igbo/Muslim we keep hearing all over the place? Ok nau. Are we aware of the SGF is a Pastor of proven integrity? Don't you think that empowering and recognizing the Christians and minority tribes will go a long way in checking insurgencies and attacks on these vulnerable people by Fulani herdsmen, etc? Are you now trying to say that these minorities in the North who have never been given recognition but have been patiently waiting are lower and inferior Nigerians? Don't they deserve spots just like the conventional Yorubas which make up SW, Igbos which make up SE and then the different SS tribes?

Sai Buhari!

Cheers!

This is the plain truth.
@OP,cheers.Your head dey work.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba / States In Nigeria With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters / Revolution Now August 5th Protest: Omoyele Sowore Gives Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.