Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle (40929 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Truthislife: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2015
When it comes to issues of Jamb, Federal Common Entrance for unity schools, Education and things talented and knowledgeable people can do, the North applies the same Federal Character on the South and slaughter merit. A person with score 7 can enrol in school from the north, whereas his/her counterpart in the south with score 250 can't. To disadvantage the Igbo and Yoruba, decreasing their pace of development. But when it comes to National appointments, developmental projects, National fairness and Equity, they slaughter the same federal character and talking rubbish about merit. Does it mean no Igbo or Yoruba merits to be appointed Chief of Staff and SGF, what of Cardinal Okogie, Archbishop Martins, Archbishop Obinna, Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Kumuyi etc since they are looking for saints. There are so many accomplished and well educated southerners that can fill in any position in government and do the job. We had the Dora Akunyili's, the Mike Ahamba's etc, there are still so many of them. It is only clannishness, ethnicity and favoritism that influenced the lopsided appointments, not merit. And such amounts to corruption.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2015
barcaboi:

IBB built 3rd main land bridge even without high crude sales unlike now....yet GEJ cldnt complete 2nd Niger bridge in 6yrs even with high crude sales.....what are we now saying
Let them be wailing.Jonathan is nothing bt a disaster to this country, he didn't leave any legacy bt destroyed d ones other leaders before him built.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Truthislife: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
Let them be wailing.Jonathan is nothing bt a disaster to this country, he didn't leave any legacy bt destroyed d ones other leaders before him built.

Please leave Jonathan out of this, this topic isn't talking about Jonathan. It is about the appointments made so far by Buhari. Jonathan is no longer the President, his administration is now a past. It is a lazy argument dragging Jonathan into a topic that doesn't in any way concern him. If you are having issues with Jonathan, create another thread and sort your issues with him. Now we are discussing Buhari
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Truthislife:

Please leave Jonathan out of this, this topic isn't talking about Jonathan. It is about the appointments made so far by Buhari. Jonathan is no longer the President, his administration is now a past. It is a lazy argument dragging Jonathan into a topic that doesn't in any way concern him. If you are having issues with Jonathan, create another thread and sort your issues with him. Now we are discussing Buhari
u need to read from d beginning so u wil understand how Jonathan came into this thread.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
Excellent analysis.

The truth of the matter is that is really doesn't matter which region the president chooses to appoint from, all that matters is that his appointees hold true to his value proposition-a clean house. Of course a disproportionate bias to one particular region would be alarming but as Sweetlemon has pointed out, the appointments have been more balanced than most Buhari antagonists would like you to believe.

What difference does it make to have "equal and fair" representation in government as if that is the be all and end all of the matter anyway? Does having a member of a particular tribe or ethnic group holding a key position in the government make the all the people of that ethnic group more prosperous? And even if it did, wouldn't that be corruption? The very definition of nepotism!

In the adapted words of Rev. Martin Luther King, "I have a dream that my unborn children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the name of their tribe, but by the content of their character"

I appeal to you, fellow patriots! In the interest of our great nation, let us give this government a fair chance to deliver on its promise.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Longeria(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Have we noticed that these appointees are not your usual politicians? Does that not mean that it won't be the "awon goons mi" business as usual? They were almost regular people until Buhari made them popular.....

So, true true, you be YO-ROBBER girl?
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by OnlyemmyM(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
I stil maintain my position, Jonathan looted more than this thieves of Atiku, IBB, Abacha altogether.what was d price of crude oil during their regime? what was Nigeria debt profile as of d time of them leaving office compared to nw? hw much was Nigeria's foreing reserve compared to nw? how much was a dollar to naira compared to nw? what of electricity Condition during IBB regime compare it nw.despite d fact that Jonathan sold more crude and generated more revenue more than IBB, ABACHA,OBJ, and Yaradua altogether.people dnt know this, they just vent their tantrums out of sentiment and ignorance, just go and research on this and come back and quote me wrong.Jonathan is d most brutal criminal Nigeria has ever had.
My friend you are wrong, point those accusing fingers of yours to , Alison maduekwe, patience Jonathan , David mark and all the former service chief, okay, not my anointed GEJ.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by MrDoGood(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Are you sane
Yes, He is.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by jomoh: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
bushdoc9919:

All the more reason why you Nigerians...Northerners and Southerners....should get your state governors working on diversifying the economy so that there may be jobs for all.

And anyway....federal character provisions make it increasingly difficult to employ people from one tribe/section.Nowadays...you have to submit potential employee lists to the Fed Character commission for approval.(Especially jobs like Customs....where you must employ from all tribes for the rank and file.).

And some Northerners too have employment issuesZ(I read about a Hausa guy from Kaduna who has no job post graduation).....and in the private sector....more Southerners are employed/owning businesses than Northerners.(Shoprite in Kano employs mostly Southerners. And the Banking sector is Southerner run).

I am a Southerner by the way.....and I think that govt work is overrated. We must diversify....because oil prices have fallen....and I doubt there would be enough cash to create new jobs in government.

The fact that Northerners don't occupy private sector has also given credence to my submission.

They mostly don't care about Private sector since they know they can grow and have a great career in public sector stealing and growing fat doing little.

70% of huge shopping/office complexes in Abuja are owned by retired civil servants of Northern extractions who had gotten rich from public service at the expense of the public and other regions.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Richal20(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Since it's in vogue to check demographics of appointees rather than their track records, very well then we shall do so. While most of us are shouting "Northern Agenda" Let's take a closer look at this expression called "North". Let's be sincere, when we hear North, the first thing that comes to mind is Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. But we have all forgotten or simply refused to learn that North is divided into
Geographically:
1. North East
2. North West
3. North Central

Demographically:
1. Core Muslim
2. Almost 200 Minority tribes
3. A fair chunk of Christian population
4. Hausa/Fulani plus Kanuri Majority Tribes

Simply put, the North is 5 times more complex than the South.
Now let's examine possible reasons why we just assume North to be Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. The answer is not rocket science. It's simply because Hausas and Fulanis have been dominating the Northern scene since forever. Now let's take a closer look at Buhari's Northern appointments so far;
Did we miss the fact that a fair number of the ones in sensitive posts are from minority tribes and in fact Christians??
Now help me ask yourselves, when last did Northern Christians get recognition? When last did we hear of tribes like Kilba, Angas, Tula, Waja? Is it not indeed some sort of change from the usual Hausa/Fulani/SS/Yoruba/Igbo/Muslim we keep hearing all over the place? Ok nau. Are we aware of the SGF is a Pastor of proven integrity? Don't you think that empowering and recognizing the Christians and minority tribes will go a long way in checking insurgencies and attacks on these vulnerable people by Fulani herdsmen, etc? Are you now trying to say that these minorities in the North who have never been given recognition but have been patiently waiting are lower and inferior Nigerians? Don't they deserve spots just like the conventional Yorubas which make up SW, Igbos which make up SE and then the different SS tribes?

I'm not done yet. Have we noticed that these appointees are not your usual politicians? Does that not mean that it won't be the "awon goons mi" business as usual? They were almost regular people until Buhari made them popular, meaning they don't have a never-ending list of goons they need to reward. I know most disappointed APC fans had placed their bets on Onu, Fashola, and Ameachi. They have erroneously seen Nigeria politics as a sport betting game or a fantasy football league where you conjure up your own "dream team". Smh.

If we still insist on this marginalization talk can we ask ourselves these questions?;

1. Is there more stable electricity in North than in the south?
2. The clean up in sectors so far, does it in the long run affect only Northerners? If the EFCC, Customs, pensions, NNPC etc are functioning properly does it not mean better for us as a whole? When last did you queue for fuel?
3. Buhari just ordered clean up of ogoni areas, (let's not forget we just had an ND son there for the past five years!) Are Northerners the ones to benefit from this exercise?

Can we please just relax our muscles a bit while we watch how things eventually play out?
I don't know why the average Nigerian does not think outside the box. These points here are things I pray each and every person reading this will ponder on with at least half an open mind. This is the first time I will be begging the mods to move my thread to FP. My message must touch as many hearts as possible.
Call me a hopeless Nigeria-lover. Yeah I know I am because I'm the type that loves with all my heart, I may get angry but I still love. smiley

Good bless The Federal Rebublic of Nigeria!
Sai Buhari!

Cheers!

Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Obinoscopy.

i share your view bro, tho am a core igbo and a fan of buhari but atlist we all have sense of belonging and wish to exercise self esteem . Buhari should have amended it a lil bcuz some people don't think the way he do.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by oluamid(m): 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
soludo93:

what has changed from your parochial considerations? Is it a blend of technocrats and politicians or refocusing on minority ethnic group? Hellbent buharists are sweating to justify his lopsided appointments but to think that 75% of northerners in government will end corruption, Buhari is cynically deceiving Nigerian public.

I bet you want Buhari to recycle the same kind of people that brought us to this passe in the first place. Your kind of appointees have been tested and found wanting. What stops us from trying out another set of appointees? After all, we are yet to see what they owill do. Or are you already passing judgement when they are yet to settle down in their office?

Funny how the whole bunch of people criticising Buhari’s appointments are not doing so on the basis of their competence, rather, they are doing so because they (appointees) are from the 'north' as if that in anyway remove from their Nigerianness.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by EasternLion: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
barcaboi:
lamorde hasn't been proven guilty; he ddnt say Northerners are not corrupt but an example is why cldnt GEJ clean up ogoniland...simple because some powerful people from dat region are gaining from the spoils

Oga Lamorde stole trillions and gave millions of dollars of seized properties to his brother.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by soludo93(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
oluamid:

I bet you want Buhari to recycle the same kind of people that brought us to this passe in the first place. Your kind of appointees have been tested and found wanting. What stops us from trying out another set of appointees? After all, we are yet to see what they owill do. Or are you already passing judgement when they are yet to settle down in their office?

Funny how the whole bunch of people criticising Buhari’s appointments are not doing so on the basis of their competence, rather, they are doing so because they (appointees) are from the 'north' as if that in anyway remove from their Nigerianness.
His wife, sons and daughters are also qualified for political positions. since he only sees qualified people within his homestead, he could as well fix his immediate family in sensitive positions.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by NobiGod: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
I stopped reading after, "the North is five times more complex than the South". The OP is obviously lightweight in Nigeria Politics. She has forgotten or cannot grasp the North is more united.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
EasternLion:

Oga Lamorde stole trillions and gave millions of dollars of seized properties to his brother.
has he been found guilty? The Udoh guy accusing him is facing fraud charges, Sarakis wife is facing charges...are u saying there's no hidden vendetta against Lamorde? PDP caucus have backed out against the accusations wch ddnt follow the legal route....even Ndume has admitted procedural error. ...I follow all these news everyday 2 stay ahead
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by thecall: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ezenwammadu:

And Abacha IBB Nyako Atiku and the rest of them are angels and saints
bros you wammako, Aleiro, sen. danjuma goje etc
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by madridsta007(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Since it's in vogue to check demographics of appointees rather than their track records, very well then we shall do so. While most of us are shouting "Northern Agenda" Let's take a closer look at this expression called "North". Let's be sincere, when we hear North, the first thing that comes to mind is Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. But we have all forgotten or simply refused to learn that North is divided into
Geographically:
1. North East
2. North West
3. North Central

Demographically:
1. Core Muslim
2. Almost 200 Minority tribes
3. A fair chunk of Christian population
4. Hausa/Fulani plus Kanuri Majority Tribes

Simply put, the North is 5 times more complex than the South.
Now let's examine possible reasons why we just assume North to be Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. The answer is not rocket science. It's simply because Hausas and Fulanis have been dominating the Northern scene since forever. Now let's take a closer look at Buhari's Northern appointments so far;
Did we miss the fact that a fair number of the ones in sensitive posts are from minority tribes and in fact Christians??
Now help me ask yourselves, when last did Northern Christians get recognition? When last did we hear of tribes like Kilba, Angas, Tula, Waja? Is it not indeed some sort of change from the usual Hausa/Fulani/SS/Yoruba/Igbo/Muslim we keep hearing all over the place? Ok nau. Are we aware of the SGF is a Pastor of proven integrity? Don't you think that empowering and recognizing the Christians and minority tribes will go a long way in checking insurgencies and attacks on these vulnerable people by Fulani herdsmen, etc? Are you now trying to say that these minorities in the North who have never been given recognition but have been patiently waiting are lower and inferior Nigerians? Don't they deserve spots just like the conventional Yorubas which make up SW, Igbos which make up SE and then the different SS tribes?

I'm not done yet. Have we noticed that these appointees are not your usual politicians? Does that not mean that it won't be the "awon goons mi" business as usual? They were almost regular people until Buhari made them popular, meaning they don't have a never-ending list of goons they need to reward. I know most disappointed APC fans had placed their bets on Onu, Fashola, and Ameachi. They have erroneously seen Nigeria politics as a sport betting game or a fantasy football league where you conjure up your own "dream team". Smh.

If we still insist on this marginalization talk can we ask ourselves these questions?;

1. Is there more stable electricity in North than in the south?
2. The clean up in sectors so far, does it in the long run affect only Northerners? If the EFCC, Customs, pensions, NNPC etc are functioning properly does it not mean better for us as a whole? When last did you queue for fuel?
3. Buhari just ordered clean up of ogoni areas, (let's not forget we just had an ND son there for the past five years!) Are Northerners the ones to benefit from this exercise?

Can we please just relax our muscles a bit while we watch how things eventually play out?
I don't know why the average Nigerian does not think outside the box. These points here are things I pray each and every person reading this will ponder on with at least half an open mind. This is the first time I will be begging the mods to move my thread to FP. My message must touch as many hearts as possible.
Call me a hopeless Nigeria-lover. Yeah I know I am because I'm the type that loves with all my heart, I may get angry but I still love. smiley

Good bless The Federal Rebublic of Nigeria!
Sai Buhari!

Cheers!

Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Obinoscopy.

Lol.

Nice rationalisations. I hope you will find no excuse to complain when the next President, say from the south, picks only from his region.

Jonathan would have been slated if he had done something like this.
HYPOCRITES.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ajepako(f): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.

You must be in your mid 20s if you think GEJ stole as much as IBB and Abacha

Jonathan is not even worth 200 million dollars, and he served for 6 years..

IBB cannot explain 12.4 billion dollar gulf windfall in 1990..

And that is just one case against IBB vigorously pursued by late Gani Fawehinmi..

Abacha on his own had several hundreds of million dollar stashed in Swiss fault in World Bank and Nigeria had a hard time getting them back until high power lobbying and diplomacy by OBJ

I guess IBB and Abacha are southerner with that rot..

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
ajepako:

You must be in your mid 20s if you think GEJ stole as much as IBB and Abacha

Jonathan is not even worth 200 million dollars, and he served for 6 years..

IBB cannot explain 12.4 billion dollar gulf windfall in 1990..

And that is just one case against IBB vigorously pursued by late Gani Fawehinmi..

Abacha on his own had several hundreds of million dollar stashed in Swiss fault in World Bank and Nigeria had a hard time getting them back until high power lobbying and diplomacy by OBJ

I guess IBB and Abacha are southerner with that rot..
He is not worth $200m, u are his account officer abi?
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ajepako(f): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:

Check Forbes list of rich African presidents and their worth

Jonathan is listed with less than 200 million dollars

I'm not condoning corruption or looting, just letting you know that IBB and Abacha are poster-boys for stealing and looting..

And last I checked, they aren't southerners
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
ajepako:

Check Forbes list of rich African presidents and their worth

Jonathan is listed with less than 200 million dollars

I'm not condoning corruption or looting, just letting you know that IBB and Abacha are poster-boys for stealing and looting..

And last I checked, they aren't southerners
Forget those list by forbe, it doesn't reflect true reality of general statistics.how did IBB loot more than Jonathan? how much was crude oil then, Nigeria generated less than $8b annually as of that time, only in 2013, federal govt under Jonathan generated $85b.that is to tell u that even d entire regime of IBB he didn't generate up to just 2013 revenue of Jonathan.crude oil price as of d time of Jonathan was most bullish in d entire history of Nigeria, Jonathan generated more than what IBB, Abacha, Obj, and Yaradua altogether.how come they stole more than Jonathan.Should IBB visit Jonathan today, he has to genuflect to him by saying 'bros I hail o'...
Jonathan stealing spree is unrivaled.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by felipemadero(m): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
I doubt if people see it that way.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Ilekeh(f): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sweetmelon,

Carry go. Smart woman.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.
When last did you take your pills?
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Btruth: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2015
likila:

idiot,
the constitution says the government must reflect the federal character of the nation.
this character is not to be reflected in ministers only.

you are a born bastard.

I wonder what got you so upset to the point of calling your fore fathers a baboon.

Lunatic.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Truthislife: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2015
Pierocash:

And you the complainant, accuser, judge, are you his account officer? What facts do you have apart from newspaper facts and propaganda?
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Truthislife: 7:18am On Aug 30, 2015
Pierocash:
Forget those list by forbe, it doesn't reflect true reality of general statistics.how did IBB loot more than Jonathan? how much was crude oil then, Nigeria generated less than $8b annually as of that time, only in 2013, federal govt under Jonathan generated $85b.that is to tell u that even d entire regime of IBB he didn't generate up to just 2013 revenue of Jonathan.crude oil price as of d time of Jonathan was most bullish in d entire history of Nigeria, Jonathan generated more than what IBB, Abacha, Obj, and Yaradua altogether.how come they stole more than Jonathan.Should IBB visit Jonathan today, he has to genuflect to him by saying 'bros I hail o'...
Jonathan stealing spree is unrivaled.
Forget forbes list abi? Na your own list dey authentic. You must be a kid
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Truthislife: 7:47am On Aug 30, 2015
NobiGod:
I stopped reading after, "the North is five times more complex than the South". The OP is obviously lightweight in Nigeria Politics. She has forgotten or cannot grasp the North is more united.
It is true and a fact that the North has more languages and ethnic groups than the South. That should not support the lopesided appointments. I'm not in support of the lopesided appointments.
Check these sites:

http://www.ethnologue.com/country/ng/languages

http://www.ethnologue.com/country/NG/maps

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by NobiGod: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2015
Truthislife:

It is true and a fact that the North has more languages and ethnic groups than the South. That should not support the lopesided appointments. I'm not in support of the lopesided appointments.
Check these sites:

http://www.ethnologue.com/country/ng/languages

http://www.ethnologue.com/country/NG/maps

You equally missed my point. The North being more complex is irrelevant to the discuss because they're united and far more aware than the South politically. When last have you heard the North complains when a Northerner is in power?
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by cheruv: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2015
hinwazaka:

A straightforward answer, is all that I require. Do the appointees possess better qualifications and expertise than their peers and colleagues in the other regions.
Also, if a clean past is all that is required for nomination and selection, then why not make the leader of Ansar Udeen society, the Govenor of CBN.
I've been trying to quantify the stvpidity that oozes out from sweetlemon but it still beats me.wonder aww she survives with all that

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by cheruv: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
LoveMachine:
Even though the OP wrote BS,I've no choice but to like this pix of yours undecided grin
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2015
Truthislife:

Forget forbes list abi? Na your own list dey authentic. You must be a kid
U sounded dumb by spewing that trash, common sense should tell u that most so called list by Forbes or statistics organisation most time doesn't reflect true realty.contradict my submission by presenting more accurate and counter argument with researches of ur own.
how can IBB that generated less than $8b annually looted more than Jonathan that only 2013 crude oil sales exceeded d total revenue IBB generated for his whole regime.pls I dnt argue with clowns.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / Bashir Magashi Named In $550,000 Fund Diversion, Buhari Silent / "Asiwaju 2023", Oyinbo Ladies Campaign For Tinubu (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.