Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer (1430 Views)

Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by collarfreak(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
As a graduate still hurting for job criously,I got a church secretary offer in my new church here in utako....the pay is 30k per mnth....is it advisable for me to receive d offer pending d time am going to get better offer.I read Electrical Engineering.advice pls
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by ladyF(f): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Yes it is

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by braine(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
What ever brings in money. So far its a bit comfy and legit.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by Sanmel(f): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Of course.. Is better than nothing

Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by LaurelP(m): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
See question
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by Lero15(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
ladyF:
Yes it is

Madam, this sentence is not complete undecided grin
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by ladyF(f): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
Lero15:

Madam, this sentence is not complete undecided grin
hehehe it is Sir grin
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by obinna2nv(m): 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Is this even a question? Bros just stay at home, when hunger and brokenness comes knocking you tell them a better offer is on the way!!
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by collarfreak(m): 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thanks you all for d wonderful advice
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by collarfreak(m): 11:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Funny u bros

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by spiralwedge(m): 11:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bros, take it but church work is different from secular ones o. it is more demanding and needs a lot patience exercising.
It is a lot of sacrifice and you have to remove your eyes on money. if you think u are just passing by, it will affect your performance.
I will advise to take n keep the job. it will help u.

how many jobs are even there in utako?
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by Lero15(m): 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
ladyF:

hehehe it is Sir grin

It's ladyF again grin
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
A graduate being paid 30k working in a church as a secretary? undecided

First of all I doubt if the experience you would gain there would be of any use to you career - wise, then add that to the fact the energy and time you ought to use looking for a real job would be spent doing church work.

I won't take that job for the life of me. angry

4 Likes

Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by August21(m): 6:36am On Aug 29, 2015
Take d job bro...experience gained from dt place cud help u one day...but kip ur eyes open for better opportunities nd neva stop applying for other jobs....Incase u don't kno d present SGF is an engineer too.
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by samokoduwa(m): 6:55am On Aug 29, 2015
collarfreak:
As a graduate still hurting for job criously,I got a church secretary offer in my new church here in utako....the pay is 30k per mnth....is it advisable for me to receive d offer pending d time am going to get better offer.I read Electrical Engineering.advice pls

Yes it very good, n u have it on a church foundation so if your church is rooted on God, then it a blessing you would not regret. Don't think go with passion and see apply for other.
Re: Advice Me Whether To Take This Job Offer by spiralwedge(m): 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
FriedPlantain:
A graduate being paid 30k working in a church as a secretary? undecided

First of all I doubt if the experience you would gain there would be of any use to you career - wise, then add that to the fact the energy and time you ought to use looking for a real job would be spent doing church work.

I won't take that job for the life of me. angry

shoroniyen angry undecided

church work is the hardest. if you think you have inter-personal skill and customer care skill.... try church. Is it organisationaL/planning skill (admin)you think you have? Try there. What about stress management and handling pressure? Or is it minute and report writing? public speaking and some workplace politics? And many others.

You dont know shi.t. If I'm employing and i see that you have worked in ADMINISTRATIVE CAPACITY (not Ministerial) in the church at least for 2 years, I will consider you more than the rest.

(1) (Reply)

Sea Farer's Job For Deck Rating, Engine Rating & Catering Rating. / Recruitment At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (ikedc) Plc - 4 Positions / Logistic Officer Urgently Needed At Mikacomic Nig Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.