Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive (1006 Views)

President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members / Most Nigerians Have Ideas To Move The Country Forward- Osinbajo / Buhari Appointments And Federal Character Principle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by VirginFinder: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Since PMB made the highly controversial appointments yesterday, there has been an uproar from virtually all southerners as regards the lopsided nature of the appointments including staunch Buhari supporters.

However, in a pathetic attempt at self-consolation, some southerners have decided to back PMB's action on the grounds that what is most important is that those appointed are competent and credible and the country is moving forward. How dumb!

Some say the president is appointing northern minorities. What happened to those from Kogi/Kwara?

Are they telling us that we cannot find competent and credible people from the southern part of the country? Aren't there other southerners besides Fashola and Amaechi?

The truth is that, with PMB at the helm of affairs, even GEJ will excel in whatever assignment given to him. Also, I do not see any 'baga' trying to embezzle money under PMB. Anyone with such intention will either become a saint overnight or give up the appointment. That is why PMB is there; to throw out anyone that is not performing up to expectation or is corrupt.

Take for instance the power sector. PMB is yet to beam his searchlight on the sector; yet, there seems to be an overwhelming improvement in power generation, transmission and distribution. What has changed between May 29 and now in terms of infrastructure? Nothing! Rather, everyone has started doing their job in awe of PMB's big stick.
Likewise, other sectors of the economy have started shaping up even without having been torched by Buhari.

Moving the country forward and balancing appointments are not mutually exclusive events. Both can happen at the same time. Huh!
Enough of the self-consolation.

Buhari must balance his appointments and carry the whole nation along so as not to prove his staunch critics and antagonists right.
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by babyfaceafrica: 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
tongue
VirginFinder:
Since PMB made the highly controversial appointments yesterday, there has been an uproar from virtually all southerners as regards the lopsided nature of the appointments including staunch Buhari supporters.

However, in a pathetic attempt at self-consolation, some southerners have decided to back PMB's action on the grounds that what is most important is that those appointed are competent and credible and the country is moving forward. How dumb!

Some say the president is appointing northern minorities. What happened to those from Kogi/Kwara?

Are they telling us that we cannot find competent and credible people from the southern part of the country? Aren't there other southerners besides Fashola and Amaechi?

The truth is that, with PMB at the helm of affairs, even GEJ will excel in whatever assignment given to him. Also, I do not see any 'baga' trying to embezzle money under PMB. Anyone with such intention will either become a saint overnight or give up the appointment. That is why PMB is there; to throw out anyone that is not performing up to expectation or is corrupt.

Take for instance the power sector. PMB is yet to beam his searchlight on the sector; yet, there seems to be an overwhelming improvement in power generation, transmission and distribution. What has changed between May 29 and now in terms of infrastructure? Nothing! Rather, everyone has started doing their job in awe of PMB's big stick.
Likewise, other sectors of the economy have started shaping up even without having been torched by Buhari.

Moving the country forward and balancing appointments are not mutually exclusive events. Both can happen at the same time. Huh!
Enough of the self-consolation.

Buhari must balance his appointments and carry the whole nation along so as not to prove his staunch critics and antagonists right.
does buhari look like someone tobe swayed by this petty assertion?...he doesn't care..all he wants is credibility..no more free food!!!
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by VirginFinder: 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
:Pdoes buhari look like someone tobe swayed by this petty assertion?...he doesn't care..all he wants is credibility..no more free food!!!

Actually, this post is aimed at those backing Buhari against every iota of reason and common sense.
Are you saying all southerners are after free food?
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by babyfaceafrica: 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
VirginFinder:

Actually, this post is aimed at those backing Buhari against every iota of reason and common sense.
Are you saying all southerners are after free food?
nope ,I. Never said so..I just wnt the best for this country,I don't care which region the best comes..I wnt performance!!!
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by VirginFinder: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
nope ,I. Never said so..I just wnt the best for this country,I don't care which region the best comes..I wnt performance!!!

And only the north can produce the best for this country?
Only northerners can perform?
Werent there northerners in the past regime?
Did they perform wonders?
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by FreeGlobe(f): 7:51am On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari must not balance his appointments.. I support Buhari in his drive to fulanize his government. I only pity yorubas that helped him get to power. Nobody is afraid of Buhari. Buhari is not even fighting corruption, only noise. He has not even declared his assets to show he is not corrupt
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by VirginFinder: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari must not balance his appointments.. I support Buhari in his drive to fulanize his government. I only pity yorubas that helped him get to power. Nobody is afraid of Buhari. Buhari is not even fighting corruption, only noise. He has not even declared his assets to show he is not corrupt

Why pity Yorubas? We are better placed today than we were four years ago. It's just that it's still a far cry considering the role we played in installing him.
And yes, people fear Buhari. Buhari is just trying to be a democrat. If he had his way, so many would be in jail by now.
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

A myopic group of people only ever view the world through a tribal lens. Boring.
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by VirginFinder: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
The uproar seems to be yielding results.
Re: Balancing Appointments And Moving The Country Forward Are Not Mutually Exclusive by VirginFinder: 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
PMB has to retrace his steps soonest.

(1) (Reply)

Part Of Lagos State That Media Fails To Show You / We Are Negotiating With B’haram, Says Buhari / Igbo Economic And Political Development Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.