Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` (1779 Views)

Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste / Obi Madubogwu: 7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Late Nollywood Actor / 8 Nigerian Celebrity Throwback Pics That Proves “nobody Is Born Ugly,just Broke" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` by SirLegal(m): 12:18am On Aug 29, 2015
Today, August 29th 1958, the world witnessed the birth of a boy Child, who grew to revolutionize the world of music.Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009). He dazzled everyone with not just his melodious and inspiring music but his great dance steps accruing to himself a title…. THE KING OF POP thereby making him a Music Royalty, Icon, and the greatest performer of all time. His contributions to music and dance, along with his publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Jackson's 1982 album Thriller is the best-selling album of all time. His other albums, including Off the Wall (1979), Bad(1987), Dangerous(1991), and HIStory (1995), also rank among the world's best-selling albums. Jackson is one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. He was also inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Dance Hall of Fame as the first and only dancer from pop and rock music. His other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records, 13 Grammy Awards, the Grammy Legend Award, the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, 26 American Music Awards—more than any other artist—including the "Artist of the Century" and "Artist of the 1980s",

FACT: Forbes currently ranks Jackson as the top-earning dead celebrity of all time, a title held for a fifth consecutive year, with $140 million in earnings.
CAN YOU BEAT THAT? I term it “Dead but still Making Money”. wink smiley

To you reading this piece, which is your best album/song from the late King of Pop himself?

Mine, in scale of preference…. Thriller, We are the world, Billie Jean and Liberian Girl.

MICHAEL JACKSON YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER.

CONTINUE TO REST IN PEACE MJ.

Re: Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` by viyon02: 1:30am On Aug 29, 2015
Because of this dude, i so much respect the month of august and every soul born in this month.
Re: Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 29, 2015
It's very hard to pick one best song cos every song he made was a masterpiece. Bet it, a place with no Name, give into me, Liberian girl, smooth criminal, billy jean, will be there gosh the list is endless. R.I.P to my best musician of all time #deadbutstillmakingmoney

Re: Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` by SirLegal(m): 1:51am On Aug 29, 2015
ebubemicky:
It's very hard to pick one best song cos every song he made was a masterpiece. Bet it, a place with no Name, give into me, Liberian girl, smooth criminal, billy jean, will be there gosh the list is endless. R.I.P to my best musician of all time #deadbutstillmakingmoney

Seriously his songs were simply put EPIC.... MJ was a blessing to our world. Can still remember vividly how hot tears rushed down my cheeks during his death/burial 6 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` by donholy28(m): 6:38am On Aug 29, 2015
The only man that looks different in all pics
Re: Today In History… The Late King Of Pop Is Born` by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2015
SirLegal:

Seriously his songs were simply put EPIC.... MJ was a blessing to our world. Can still remember vividly how hot tears rushed down my cheeks during his death/burial 6 years ago.
. Ur head dey there Bros

(1) (Reply)

Jay Z, Chris Brown And P Diddy Dressed up in African Traditional outfit [PICS] / Former Video Vixen Venita Akpofure-Tarka Stun In New Photos / 10 Very Sensual Pics Of Psquares Lucy That Proves She Hates Bra's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.