Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? (28184 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / What Would You Do In This Situation? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by meforyou1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
Maybe because when I was single I was very wicked, there was never a time any child knocked on my door for any reason.
But Op, I trust u are doing the right thing. Don't allow any child less than 18 years be inside your with apartment without any adult to supervise them.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by shizzy7(f): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
bettercreature:
No! he was having problem with his konji anytime the kids was with him so he decided to lock them out to prevent konji from raping them on a bad day
Ah Ah na wa for you oooo I just read his post its an example of ""Prevention Is better than Cure""

*If he wants to do It, there are matured girls in his area who will give it to him OR better still he can stroll down to the nearest club/hotel....

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bettercreature(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
ladygudhead:

hey did u even read d post.cos daz not Wat he meant
He wont tell us the actual reason,he just put it up that way to justify his decision
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
adebayo201:

I've decided not to play with them let alone allow them into our apartment. Why? I love neatness, I do iron any called clothes. But one day a boy told his parent that I used iron to inflict injury on him. I cried that day because the boy won't open his mouth when he's been asked face-to-face. But whenever he's indoor with his parent, he re-echoed my name.
My parent were totally confused but have to side the boy at my own expense knowing that I do make use of iron than anybody.
My point I this, better you let people know the reason because you might still be the number one suspect if anything happens and they point at you.

N.B... Chelsea, how far now? I had Pedro don enter bus of one chance!
...you don't need to give reasons for your actions. But don't snub them. Be cordial. Like in my case, my landlady told me specifically I should stop giving her kids money because they are not beggars-ever since I stop giving,but I remain cordial..

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bettercreature(m): 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
shizzy7:
Ah Ah na wa for you oooo I just read his post its an example of ""Prevention Is better than Cure""

*If he wants to do It, there are matured girls in his area who will give it to him OR better still he can stroll down to the nearest club/hotel....
It's never easy to find a lady if you are not a student
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by shizzy7(f): 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
bettercreature:
It's never easy to find a lady if you are not a student
Eh Eh I have never heard of that one before Because ""I think its easier to find a lady If you're Not a Student""
Easiest- If you have the Dough

You will soon be crucified for your previous Post..
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by bigtt76(f): 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
Very true before one 6 or 9 year old go cone begin play with your 'Johnny' like that UNILAG lecturer said the girl do am grin

Anyway try de allow dem sha before landlord go end up evicting you. If they want to implicate you trust me they will still do so.... All na God

sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
[url=sundayslim]You[/url] did the most right thing ever at this time when rape cases've occured frequently. The same people calling you a wicked person now are always the first to yell "bring out tire and fuel make we burn am" in cases where the children add your name to the list of events of an unfortunate situation.

Prevention is better than cure and you my friend've eliminated all chances of there ever been a reason to finger you(pun intended) out as a suspect.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by anytexy: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nice one. Is like you took this topic from my mind. I am facing the same issue, but what I do is that I give then cash to g0 and buy biscuit and tell them that I am busy just tj take precautions 000000

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by sapientia(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
Lol.. I took that decision almost 2 years ago.. No matter how long they knock, i dont even open door

Later i even stopped buying things for neighborhood kids..

All the stories i see online has to do with "he used to buy dis.. give that.."

Where i wan get power to defend myself against a kid's accusation.

I have seen it once, they no even allow the guy say a word, each word d little kid said was reciprocated on the guy with a slap or blow..

I was glad Police saved him.... Funny he was proved innocent later..

But the shame made the guy park out..

So Bro, its safe for me to say "you just became WISE".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ridgeman: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
only irresponsible parents will let their children go into other people's homes unsupervised. ..

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

op u did the right tin,that is what I do too,children sometimes are good liar,the will implicate u for what u know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Vivly(f): 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
koning:
"Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv. "

Op I'm going to be straight with you here. The major problem is you not those kids. You will be taking a huge risk if you ever let yourself be alone with the 9 year old. You may not be able to controle your urges. That's the main reason you do not want the kids around. Children of nowadays are very very sexually aware. They may even start something first.

Lock your doors for your own sake. Never be left alone with the 6 or 9 year old. Most of these rape cases were not pre-meditated.
Pedophiles everywhere!! You must be a closet pedophile or one who has never been caught. what makes you think hell get urge from staying with a 9 year old. Uncontrollable urge for that matter. You need deliverance. How will a 9 year old start something first and even if she's a demon child that starts something, how will a full grown adult like you complete it. A 9 year old that hasn't even gotten boobs I hope you send your daughter to a boarding school once she gets to 9 else you might get tempted if you guys are alone.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by dotune(m): 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
U did right jare OP. I know a friend who is this mess right now. His neighbors accused him of defiling their 2 year old girl. His family have spent all they have on police and lawyers and the matter is at the court as we speak. A o ni ri ogun akoba o.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
ShakurM:
A very wise decision, never let anyone's children stay with u privately...Children can cook up stories sef.

Reputation is important, guard it with ur life!
...Children can cook up stories! When my neighbor's kids get into my apartment, I bring them out and sit outside my place with them and I don't offer them anything to eat. I no want cock-and-bull stories sad Sometimes they knock, I don't answer the door gaan cool Op, U aint wrong, mbok

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by koning: 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
shizzy7:

The guy you quoted is very correct. It would interest you to know that there are women who could not be left alone with female children either. Those 'closet' lesbians will fumble and sexually defile the girl too. It's not only a 'man' thing.

The best way to control the urge is just to keep them away. That's exactly what the guy is trying to do.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by dat9jaguy(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Oga u and Buhari get the same manifestos ni?..?

Meanwhile read this and smile but warning don't click on like or else....... Wen a soldier punish you finish n com release you to go, you com climb ur bike and shout 'officer thunder fire you.... Ur bike no come start again remember the hymn 'Take my life and let me be' good morning...

Guy u be real clown.
I could not stop laughing after reading your post.
Nice one.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Ifyjuli25(f): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
Very wise decision... Which kind play be that.. Una be mates ni?. I kid my kids in my apartment .. No visiting chikena . U are wise op.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by linearity: 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
You made the right decision and should stick with it. But unlike many here telling you to tell the parents your reasons, you do not owe anyone any explanation, and it will be difficult for you to stand in front of any parent and tell them that...."the reason you do not allow their kids to come play in your flat is because, you do not want to be accused of sexually harassment" no matter how you say it, it will not come out right, also know that your position is precautionary and does not mean that those kids will do such things and parents will not take it likely that you are projecting such things on their kids.

Keep your distant, let them call you names, you will be just okay. You can't please everyone and should not attempt to, because it is impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ShakurM(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
chimkaire:
...Children can cook up stories! When my neighbor's kids get into my apartment, I bring them out and sit outside my place with them and I don't offer them anything to eat. I no want cock-and-bull stories sad Sometimes they knock, I don't answer the door gaan cool Op, U aint wrong, mbok
I agree with you 100%.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ladygudhead(f): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
olalekan1:
You did the right thing but the timing is wrong. Going by your analysis, you have been allowing these kids into your apartment before but stopping them by force is the problem. Tell me those kids never put smile on your face when they visit! If you want to collect something from kids, you have to tempt them with another thing. Just tell their mom that you will be reading for an important exam for the next 2 months and you dont want to b disturbed. She will caution the children for you. Within those months, the children must have gotten use to a new playing ground but mind you, during those months, you have to be 60% strict to the children and 40% nice. Buy them snacks or dash them money.

he does not need to lie with exams.it is called firmness and wisdom.itsnecessary to b firm sometimes.and to apply wisdom all d time.he owe them no explanation so doesn't need to lie about his decisions.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by cococandy(f): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
Bros I support you.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by SweetLola: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
ladygudhead:

chairman I understand ur reasons.

you are doing the best thing!!!

u can say hi to them wen u see them outside. smile at them.ask abt their welfare. but continue on ur principle.
some children can b more wicked than adults. some of those 'child rape' cases r with their consent (life done spoil)...there r no kids anymore.after d act some would say they where forced but the truth is they knw its bad but just want to experiment.

Re bolded bit I'm sorry to say but you are VERY misguided . The reason why there are crimes such as "statutory rape" is because children are not old enough to know better. As a grown man if a 5 year old girl gets naked , climbs into your bed and begs you for sex you should know better because you are the only adult in that situation ....the child is a child . So except for the rare case where a child passes themselves off as being of age when they re not e.g 16 year old lying that she is 18 etc there is absolutely no excuse

A child can not give consent in the same way they can't enter into a contract etc until they come of age.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by lolababe331e: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
The parents don't realize you are doing them a favour. What kind of parent allows their kids to spend unsupervised time with anyone Recently I heard of a case where a man attempted to rape his sister in laws daughter shocked now even the mans daughter is so scared of him she locks her door shocked by the way this same man was also chased from a church for molesting a child shocked

If ones child can't even safely spend time with their cousins in your siblings home how much more strangers

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by koning: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Vivly:

Pedophiles everywhere!! You must be a closet pedophile or one who has never been caught. what makes you think hell get urge from staying with a 9 year old. Uncontrollable urge for that matter. You need deliverance. How will a 9 year old start something first and even if she's a demon child that starts something, how will a full grown adult like you complete it. A 9 year old that hasn't even gotten boobs I hope you send your daughter to a boarding school once she gets to 9 else you might get tempted if you guys are alone.

Did you even bother to read what the Op wrote before accusing me. Op said he had to lock them out because of incidents of rape cases everywhere. Op was the first to make sex or pedophilia an issue.
Are you sure you are not one of the closet lesbians that abuse female children ?!. 'Pedophiles everywhere' means you. Why shouldn't the Op simply allow the kids in to watch cartoons if he is not a closet Pedo.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Jennifer89(f): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
op u are very right. dont explain anything to anybody. prevention is better than cure.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by tsdarkside(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
you did the right thing.....this is end-times,you see...no more messing around....

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ladygudhead(f): 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
SweetLola:

Re bolded bit I'm sorry to say but you are VERY misguided . The reason why there are crimes such as "statutory rape" is because children are not old enough to know better. As a grown man if a 5 year old girl gets naked , climbs into your bed and begs you for sex you should know better because you are the only adult in that situation ....the child is a child . So except for the rare case where a child passes themselves off as being of age when they re not e.g 16 year old lying that she is 18 etc there is absolutely no excuse

A child can not give consent in the same way they can't enter into a contract etc until they come of age.

madam,am sure read where I wrote in 'some' cases
no because u were to much in haste to quote me.
sweetlola I knw Wat am talking about.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Taiwo20(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:

Please advice.

I have no problem with your decision.......
#name wey don spoil, don spoil even if its later discovered to have happened in error....

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by haul: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Vivly:

You a dumb head! Your brain is so twisted like network cable! Why is your cranium filled with 50kg of sawdust? How would you read this beautiful piece upside down? Darn! I'm a sapiosexualist and I find retard like you amusing to be having an internet acess to view what humans banter!

Bish couldn't even spell correctly.

5 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Pigin1: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Bros, you are right not allowing them in!! Something like this happened in my area, a guy just moved into an apartment. The landlord 4yr old child came to watch cartoon in this guy house, thankGod the landlord's first son was with the guy in his apartment to watch football when the little girl came in. You know children and touching anything they see, the little girl started jumping from seat to seat disturbing the guys watching football which led to the owner of the apartment patting the girl's back to go outside. Immediately, the girl went outside she started crying when asked whats the problem he said uncle touched me in my toto!!!!! ThankGod the landlords' son was around when it all happened. It was just barely 2days the guy moved in and that was the first time the little girl and the landlord son were allowed access into the room!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by shizzy7(f): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
koning:

The guy you quoted is very correct. It would interest you to know that there are women who could not be left alone with female children either. Those 'closet' lesbians will fumble and sexually defile the girl too. It's not only a 'man' thing.

The best way to control the urge is just to keep them away. That's exactly what the guy is trying to do.
Huum, i think "women with female children"" seems odd its just a Cordial relationship...I really don't think such Happens...

The landlord and landlady are stupidd I have not seen where someone allows their female child(ren) to go play in a Single man's house who lives alone....They should always lock the children inside anytime they are out..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Discovers On Wedding Night That Wife Is No Virgin / Things Every Female In Her 20’s Should Know (MUST READ) / My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.