Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,066 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? (28174 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / What Would You Do In This Situation? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by heskeyefe: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
I see someone playing with quit notice....but wait a minute guy abeg lock ur no even let ur landlord dog smell ur domain cos I no won hear say mosquito rape rat
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by freecocoa(f): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
koning:
"Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv. "

Op I'm going to be straight with you here. The major problem is you not those kids. You will be taking a huge risk if you ever let yourself be alone with the 9 year old. You may not be able to controle your urges. That's the main reason you do not want the kids around. Children of nowadays are very very sexually aware. They may even start something first.

Lock your doors for your own sake. Never be left alone with the 6 or 9 year old. Most of these rape cases were not pre-meditated.
Wtf? What is this? Are you alright?
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by shizzy7(f): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Vivly:

Pedophiles everywhere!! You must be a closet pedophile or one who has never been caught. what makes you think hell get urge from staying with a 9 year old. Uncontrollable urge for that matter. You need deliverance. How will a 9 year old start something first and even if she's a demon child that starts something, how will a full grown adult like you complete it. A 9 year old that hasn't even gotten boobs I hope you send your daughter to a boarding school once she gets to 9 else you might get tempted if you guys are alone.
As regards the Bolded..
Huuu, Children of nowadays grow very fast... I have seen some 9yr old with something bigger than their age on their chest.....
If I didn't know when they were growing/born I'll swear that they are lying about their age..

But I also disagree with "them starting something" that's absurd..
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by freecocoa(f): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
OP I won't blame you for wanting to take precautions, this is how the world we live in today operates, a world where everyone is a suspect, anyways, I don't think I can turn away innocent and well mannered kids who genuinely want to play if I have the time.

As bad as the world maybe, there are still good people out there, we shouldn't always expect the worse from people.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by haywhy1: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

Cc: Lalasticlala

God bless you.....its better you buy a GOTV for your landlord's kids.....you have a very good point shutting the door against them.....
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by masseratti: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Wtf? What is this? Are you alright?
he is obviously not alright, and he can't control his self in front of a 9 year old kid,freaking pervert. Smh.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by darlenese(f): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
U are doing the right thing , I don't see any sense in a little kid going to play with an adult , I am a mother and I don't even allow my kids to go out and play , I dnt understand why their mother can't take care of her kids, later they will be looking for who to blame for their carelessness .

Pls ignore their gossip , it doesn't matter what they think about you.you are on the right track

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by MadCow1: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

Which would you rather be known as; Wicked or a Suspect?

Nothing wrong with what you are doing. They can come to your place only if accompanied by an Adult.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Eureka123(f): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
ladygudhead:

chairman I understand ur reasons.

you are doing the best thing!!!

u can say hi to them wen u see them outside. smile at them.ask abt their welfare. but continue on ur principle.
some children can b more wicked than adults. some of those 'child rape' cases r with their consent (life done spoil)...there r no kids anymore. after d act some would say they where forced but the truth is they knw its bad but just want to experiment.

This opinion is so wrong @bolded. As an adult, even if a little child is forcing herself down your throat, molesting them is NEVER an option.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
This is what I would do, allow them in but open the door very wide and tell NOT to make noise or else you would send them home. I did something like this when i stayed of campus in university... make sure they do NOT disturb you and open the door wide. They came for TV and not to play with you.

sundayslim:

Please advice.

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by gabbytabby: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
You have done the absolute right thing and parents who think otherwise are absolutely irresponsible.

If you are coming in and the children and/or their parents are outside greet and chat a bit with them.

I would not give them gifts or money in private but if you are outside and this people that sell fruits pass you can occasionally buy for people that are about children and adults.

I get so anxious with the way people are quick to leave their children with whoever and they at times make comments about how I am always with mine but I don't give a damn whose ass is gored when it comes to the safety of my children. I end up being the lone chaperone but happy to play this role.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by jantavanta(m): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
Most of these rape accused are married men, not a single man like you. It is not your duty to provide playtime for some people's children. That apartment is not the only one available, you are not staying there free of charge.

Only the mother knows where the souls of those children came from. Some children are the rulers of their parents.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Op. Am baffled everyone is telling you...You are doing the right thing. As for me..You are getting it wrong. If you have a clean mind and not a pervert. There will be nothing wrong with them coming to play at yours. All you needed to do was to put limit in frequency of their visits. Shikena.

Because you don't want to be accused of rape..you bar kids from coming to play at yours (watching dstv).

Likewise...because you wouldn't want ladies to accuse you of rape...stay away from women and don't bring women to your home.

Let's see if your balls will not start leaking... grin

Bad approach...Terrible Decision. grin

Your reasoning is Warped. cool

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by menxer: 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
Where did you see the bolded in the OP?grin

olalekan1:
You did the right thing but the timing is wrong. Going by your analysis, you have been allowing these kids into your apartment before but stopping them by force is the problem. Tell me those kids never put smile on your face when they visit! If you want to collect something from kids, you have to tempt them with another thing. Just tell their mom that you will be reading for an important exam for the next 2 months and you dont want to b disturbed. She will caution the children for you. Within those months, the children must have gotten use to a new playing ground but mind you, during those months, you have to be 60% strict to the children and 40% nice. Buy them snacks or dash them money.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ZziClass1k(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rather than chasing them away advice their parents and present the prevailing cases of child rape to them.i think ur thoughts but should be executed in the right manner.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by aameyah(f): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
FannySwindler:
Op. Am baffled everyone is telling you...You are doing the right thing. As for me..You are getting it wrong. If you have a clean mind and not a pervert. There will be nothing wrong with them coming to play at yours. All you needed to do was to put limit in frequency of their visits. Shikena.

Because you don't want to be accused of rape..you bar kids from coming to play at yours (watching dstv).

Likewise...because you wouldn't want ladies to accuse you of rape...stay away from women and don't bring women to your home.

When you get an apartment, you can do as you preach.

Aanu e o she mi!

5 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by grandstar(m): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
sundayslim:

Please advice.

Are you attracted to them? This thought should not cross your mind if you're not.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by topfally75(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sometimes it not about you doing naughty things with the minors but they are the one looking for where to explore certain dirty things if you allow them. When i was a bachelor i used to live in wuse zone 4, one day i slept in my room and all of a sudden a 3/4yrs old daughter of my neighbor sat on my chest caressing my body when opened my eyes and saw her i was so annoyed that i gave her serious beating of her life and her sudden outburst of cry attracted people around asking me what happened. I just told them to ask her at least she can talk. I went to her parents to report and that they should take care of her.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Adiwana: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
Since they are of that age&u no get smth for mind,u can let them in but?
Anyway,i was once wit a teenage girl in her huz with her sis,i drew closer cos i wanted to ask her a wuestion without anything in mind at all,so her mumsy come back see us the way we are,come yarn mke i no come their huz withut her elder bro arnd...the tin ves me cos i no cary anything for mind...so u see,same parents that said u are wicked can turn 2mw to say bad tins abt u..so be wise
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by pannyman(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
It's amazing how the world has changed. In 1993 during a long. ASUU strike I went to visit my uncle in Kaduna. He was a bachelor and lived in a middle-class neighbourhood.

Most times while he was away at work I would be alone in the flat. There was nearly constant electricity then so it was not boring.

There were these 5-year old twin girls in the neighbourhood that I was fond of, and they would often come and play in the flat. I would cook for them, they would watch t.v., and sometimes their mum would come and call them away. Their mum felt they were safe with me, and it never occurred to me to abuse them in any way. In today's Nigeria the devil has really taken control and trust is in short supply.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
aameyah. You should pity Op not me.
When you get apartment? Guess am staying under the bridge.
Instead of using tactical and matured approach...like keeping doors open, informing their parents who could also check on them or caution them. He has taken a rigid , illogical approach.

If am to reason like you and Op...then As long as he lives in that compound and the kids are there...what makes him think he can't be accused of rape. They don't need to enter his apartment to be molested.

So guess you should be advicing the Op to avoid children as much as possible wherever he sees kids and also avoid staying in a compound with kids.

So going by your reasoning and that of the Op ..He should move out of the apartment. cool
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
FannySwindler:

Never put yourself in a situation you won't be able to defend yourself, even when you are innocent. The OP is doing the right thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
Bayoooooo. Like op..... like you. grin
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Oga u and Buhari get the same manifestos ni?..?

Meanwhile read this and smile but warning don't click on like or else....... Wen a soldier punish you finish n com release you to go, you com climb ur bike and shout 'officer thunder fire you.... Ur bike no come start again remember the hymn 'Take my life and let me be' good morning...
LMAO..... that is we're you should just call it loved ones and tell them how much you love them and how you will always be watching over them from heaven up above....... Thats when you know it grand fathers enemy curse decided to take effect...
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
FannySwindler:
Bayoooooo. Like op..... like you. grin

Guy, na true talk. If a five year old lad says "Mum, na this man do am" and you are completely innocent, what would you say?

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by dododawa1: 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wetin concern me,i dey allow them.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
Bayoooooo. Do they have to go into his apartment before he is accused?. As long as he lives in the compound and next door neighbor... What makes you and him think they can't say "Mum na did guy do am" as you stated. cool

Guess he needs to move out....according to your reasoning.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Spidermon: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
I discussed this same matter with a friend yesterday. Even when I am strolling in the streets, I am cautious of contact with these little children. Apart from rape sef, it isn't all the "kidnappers" lynched by road mobs that are guilty. Some kids are just possessed.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ehix89(m): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
dats d way to go bro,,,i do same as well,now dhey hate me but wu cares as long as it kips me miles away from unwarranted jail sentence.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by litetias(m): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
In fact you're Mr Right.

Provision store is better than kiosk.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by BigBen10: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Dear sundayslim,

you are right but I think you've been visiting nairaland too often. change your news source it will change your world view too.

Nairaland has been pushing alot of those stories because that's what the majority want to read & it drives more traffic. Personally I don't even bother reading such stories because many of them are crafted by editors of hungry newspapers.

Note: don't switch to the sun newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
FannySwindler:
Bayoooooo. Do they have to go into his apartment before he is accused?. As long as he lives in the compound and next door neighbor... What makes you and him think they can't say "Mum na did guy do am" as you stated. cool

Guess he needs to move out....according to your reasoning.

You do have a point, anyone can be accused. But like I stated, it's better for one not to put oneself in a situation that one's " I don't know anything about it" won't be credible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Married Woman Elopes To Her Ex, Jilted Husband Fights To Have Her / My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! / Things Every Female In Her 20’s Should Know (MUST READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.