Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? (28186 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / What Would You Do In This Situation? / Men, What Would You Do In This Situation? (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by akagson: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Oga u and Buhari get the same manifestos ni?..?

Meanwhile read this and smile but warning don't click on like or else....... Wen a soldier punish you finish n com release you to go, you com climb ur bike and shout 'officer thunder fire you.... Ur bike no come start again remember the hymn 'Take my life and let me be' good morning...
Haha... I laughed so hard o!
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ohenhen1: 2:24am On Aug 30, 2015
You are too paranoid. You should let the kids watch their cartoons. You are actually indirectly saving them from predators. What if they go to another house where a predator resides.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by gabbytabby: 5:02am On Aug 30, 2015
FannySwindler:
aameyah. You should pity Op not me.
When you get apartment? Guess am staying under the bridge.
Instead of using tactical and matured approach...like keeping doors open, informing their parents who could also check on them or caution them. He has taken a rigid , illogical approach.

If am to reason like you and Op...then As long as he lives in that compound and the kids are there...what makes him think he can't be accused of rape. They don't need to enter his apartment to be molested.

So guess you should be advicing the Op to avoid children as much as possible wherever he sees kids and also avoid staying in a compound with kids.

So going by your reasoning and that of the Op ..He should move out of the apartment. cool
Rape has always been a major problem and it is so under reported. It is just that the Internet makes a lot more people aware of what is happening in their environment.

Little children are not and should not be a grown man play partner. We all need to flee from appearances of all evil.. If he had children then it is understandable that they might come to play with other children.

I have had opportunity of being in conversation with other mothers on discussions about rape and molestation and a high number admit to having been subjected to it at a young age some by their father's friend , a relative in, neighbours etc.

The focus needs to be to protect choldren.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by mudiana(m): 6:19am On Aug 30, 2015
admax:
Guy, 'you are a wicked person and don't like children' period! grin

N.B You don't trust yourself with those kids...Simple! angry
this guy sef, u need prayers...receive sense!
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by phlemzy: 6:44am On Aug 30, 2015
sundayslim u are very much on point. Pls you owe no one any explanation as far as that house is concerned. U can hand them gifts outside your apartment when u see them,that is if u like. When u get married and you know your wife is always around in the house,she can accommodate them if u like. But for now,hold your ground. No more visits from them.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 30, 2015
Get a girlfriend dude to . You can't trust yourself around kids? That's so low. What sort of human are you? You need to work on yourself to realize that paedophilia will put you in jail. I'm in same boat as you, but I know it's wrong to be sexual with kids.

You make some money, I don't understand why it's hard for to get a girl to shag to reduce your sexual frustration.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ideykwum: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2015
Bros, that's smart!! One of my best pidgin proverbs is: "Voom better pass statement!".

It's better to run away than to have to explain what you don't know or plan for!

sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by ideykwum: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2015
Smart guy!

realdee44:
Yes you are doing the right thing, I also don't allow such for the same reason as yours & also if any of the children have stomac pain you will also be a suspect.

What I will advice is that try as much as you can to keep them away from your house by telling them you are busy when ever they come around & learn to give them little gifts not food. Like in my case I give them #500 each every month once I get paid. But coming to my house is a NO & they all like me.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by honeycool: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2015
Buy them dstv and ask their father to instal it in his sitting room pay 5 years subscriptions Lo ba pari

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Godfremeka: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2015
admax:
Guy, 'you are a wicked person and don't like children' period! grin

N.B You don't trust yourself with those kids...Simple! angry

U dt u r mother chrusmas, among everybody here, only u think up side down
Abi u get another agenda?
Are d kids his family dt he mus allow them into his house?
Children who shOuld be wt their parent are jus entering every body house.
Is his place cinema hall?
When he allows them its them that will carry his private to every other house they enter.
Oga no mind ds one calling u wicked O
Its better they see u as wicked than they spread uR private everywhere or u become suspect

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Obynolee(f): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
sundayslim:
My landlord and his wife, along with some other neighbors think I'm a wicked person that doesn't like children. This is because I don't allow their children come to play in my apartment. Let me tell you the short story:

I moved in about 7 months ago, and my landlord lives just beside my flat. Everyday, his children (ages 2, 6 and 9) always come to knock that they want to come and play. Sometimes they say they want to watch cartoons since I have a dstv.

The problem is, I live alone, I'm single and I don't have any children for them to play with. I spend most of my time at work except weekends when I love to cook. The children usually come during weekends.

I decided not to let them come and play because I've been hearing about "65 yr old rapes this", " 25 yr old defines that ". I'm still very young, and please don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I have plans to defile anyone's child or that I'm capable of doing that.

I usually see these children going to other flats and other houses on the street to " play" and I don't want a case where someone will defile any of them and I automatically become a suspect, that's why I decided not to let them come in. In fact, when they knock, I don't even answer once I know it's them.

Now, people in the area are saying I'm a bad person that's why I don't like children. I don't want to tell them my reasons.

Dear nairalanders, did I do the right thing? Is there a better way of handling this situation?
Please advice.

Cc: Lalasticlala

You are not wrong at all, these children can put one in trouble at times,when I was staying with my elder brother I had an experience, I am the type that doesn't like playing with children and I hustle from Monday to Sunday, the only time I spend in that house is 7pn to 8am.One day one of the kids complained about pain in her bumbum during bath and her mother enquired she said that I am the one that fingered her,when her dad came back from work,they told him, the man dismissed it as untrue that I don't have time for such thing but the women in the compound were talking about it at my back,I get to know about it from my brother's girlfriend, when I confronted the parents the father said that I should not take it serious that it is one of the women's gossips but I was so furious because the rumour has been going on for months,since then I don't even allow them near our apartment.So,I don't think you're doing the wrong thing by not letting them in because it is very painful when people accuse you wrongly and if such should be your case believe me people will hardly exonerate you couple with the fact that child rape is on the increase now.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Goldmaxx(f): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2015
Vivly:

Pedophiles everywhere!! You must be a closet pedophile or one who has never been caught. what makes you think hell get urge from staying with a 9 year old. Uncontrollable urge for that matter. You need deliverance. How will a 9 year old start something first and even if she's a demon child that starts something, how will a full grown adult like you complete it. A 9 year old that hasn't even gotten boobs I hope you send your daughter to a boarding school once she gets to 9 else you might get tempted if you guys are alone.
sharap ashawo

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Goldmaxx(f): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2015
masseratti:
he is obviously not alright, and he can't control his self in front of a 9 year old kid,freaking pervert. Smh.
sharap bastard

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by masseratti: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2015
Goldmaxx:
sharap bastard
Ehyaa sorry, we know your kind,you need a hug,only your kind will use such words.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by dom(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2015
oluwaseyi000:

you are not wrong but never tell their parent why because they will see you as a Philadelphia/rapist (trust Nigerian parent) and you will become a suspect if there is a case of rape of children/aged/male/female even animal/non~living thing.
my advices ar:
you don't have to allow them in if you don't want to
buy something for them/money occasionally as compensation ( if not for the society, you know they don't deserve to be rejected; even Jesus don't reject them
greet them very well if u see them outside
occasionally ask them about their school
let your no kids be no kids; imagine closing the doors at ur landlord kids only fur you ti open it to some kids from the third street
NEVER tell them why
mind your business
n.
no be only Philadelphia. na Arizona

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by koning: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2015
Vivly:

Paedophiles everywhere means you. Its a mad world when you a paedophile, tells the op the problem is actually him not being able to control himself from a 9 year old. You need help.... the sooner the better.

I am now absolutely sure from your reactions that you have actually molested a little girl before. I am a Psychoanalyst, hence I'm able to see through you and the OP. You were too dumb to understand my earlier post, hence you gave a defensive reply reflective of the closet little girls abuser you are.
You could not see that the Op is a troubled young man. For him to get up, open NL and then take the time to post what he posted, shows that Op has been battling with his feelings and emotions. It is even possible that he has actually touched one of those kids before and is now jolted to reality as well as scared of what might happen to him if get caught. I still cannot fathom the reason why he could not leave the kids to watch cartoons in the living room while he goes about his business in the house. Besides, he can always send them away when he's had enough of them.

Take a good look at yourself, Vivly. And protect your 9 year old whenever you have one. Never you ever make the mistake of thinking " Oh, she is just a 9 year old, she knows nothing".
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by mcmeffy(m): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2015
ronald4lif:
Bro you did the right thing. In this era of 30years old man rape 3year old and 78years old fondles with 8year old girl private I would do same if I were you. Like someone already said always tell them you're busy and let neighbours say and think as it suites them. Better to be safe than sorry.
Yes O! Better to be safe than sorry!
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by mcmeffy(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2015
Originalsly:
At times you have to nip things in the bud. You live alone...they are not your playmates/age mates ....should've stopped them there and then. As it is now...you need not hide from the kids...let the parents know that you need private time when at home but their rug rats ehmmm.... their kids keep disturbing you. It is for the parents to control their kids...if they can't. .. then tell the kids not to come knocking on your door. If they still do...come to the door with with a cutlass or biggest knife. ..they'll get the message loud and clear.
Oga Sly u must be a joker
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by MRBrownJ: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2015
Pchinak:
I get your view, however the moment you explain the reason to the parents, don't be surprised if the matter changes from " wicked" to "pervert" in the neighborhood.

a "pervert" because parents are stoopid?! a "pervert" because you dont want kids in your home?! a pervert because you are advising parents to be safe with their kids?! then i guess thats what i would be, but i definitely wont stay back and do nothing.

right will ALWAYS be right, even if the majority of dumbasses parents out there tell you otherwise.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by koning: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
@MRBrownJ, if I don't want kids in my house, I will simply tell them and their mother that I am busy and do not want to be disturbed. Not that I do not want to accused of rape.
What makes the OP a pervert is his reason for not wanting the children in his home. How do you even begin to explain to a mother that you do not want her daughters in your home because you might be accused of raping them.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
it is the most gross irresponsibility of parents to allow their chidren to go gallivanting about in the houses of anybody and everybody

this is excatly how these things happen - the OP is not a pervert, but there is nothing to say someone else in the neighbourhood is not

the parents and community are inblissful ignorance while their kids may be being groomed [google the word]

forget about child abuse - would you really be comfortable allowing your kids running about unsupervised in an adults house, particularly one who is not a parent?

a responsible parent would automatically be careful what movies, books, games etc are in plain sight
a bachelor has no such qualms.

these people letting their kids run to other people homes for entertainment should not be surprised if their children are exposed to ultra violent movies/tv shows, games with themes not suitable for children, por-n, or even adults in the act proper.

its sad the OP is being forced to live with people with a provincial level of thinking. all this my door is open to all is fine in the village, but definitely not in the city.

in this age of kidnapping, i am doubly suprised at the casual way these children are jumping about peoples houses.

as to the silly comments calling the op a potential child molester, thats not suprising either , given the lindaikejing\dumbing down of nairaland.

@ op, you are perfectly within your rights in enforcing control over your personal space. forget about accusations of child molestation, there are so many other potential issues - if any of those kids starts exhibiting any bad behavior, these same parents would be shouting they learnt it from you.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by MRBrownJ: 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
koning:
@MRBrownJ, if I don't want kids in my house, I will simply tell them and their mother that I am busy and do not want to be disturbed. Not that I do not want to accused of rape.
What makes the OP a pervert is his reason for not wanting the children in his home. How do you even begin to explain to a mother that you do not want her daughters in your home because you might be accused of raping them.

bro,
A) stop selfishly thinking about your own self and instead prevent some kids to possibly be molested/kidnapped etc. you MUST educate these foolish parents because, guess what?! often, it is a person close/familiar to these kids that molest them. you certainly dont solve the problem by sending them to some other stranger's home

B) gather all the parents of the compound and tell them exactly that (and say it like you mean it): [b]"people, you must take a better care of your children because it is wrong that they come hang out at stranger's home while you are home chilling. there you are, having your peace in your own house, without a care in the world as to what your kids are up to. you need to be on top of your game when it comes to children because this aint RIGHT. dont you read the bloody news?! i could be a kidnapper! i could be a ritualist! i could be a pedophile!! i could be a rapist! i could be a mad person!! be responsible for your kids, thats YOUR duty, not mine! be a parent to your kids, thats YOUR duty, not mine! be aware of what your kids are doing, thats YOUR duty, not mine! know where your kids are at, ALL THE TIMES, thats YOUR duty, not mine! if one of them breaks my TV are you going to pay? if they get hurt at my place, who is responsible?
listen, if they have nothing better to do then give them a book or something but certainly dont send them away at stranger's homes, thats WRONG!

btw: do you guys really think that i paid a DSTV subscription in order to have all the neighborhood kids hanging at my place? i want my peace when i am home, so as from today, i DO NOT want to see any of your children in my house. thank you very much"
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Fourwinds: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
adebayo201:

I've decided not to play with them let alone allow them into our apartment. Why? I love neatness, I do iron any called clothes. But one day a boy told his parent that I used iron to inflict injury on him. I cried that day because the boy won't open his mouth when he's been asked face-to-face. But whenever he's indoor with his parent, he re-echoed my name.
My parent were totally confused but have to side the boy at my own expense knowing that I do make use of iron than anybody.
My point I this, better you let people know the reason because you might still be the number one suspect if anything happens and they point at you.

N.B... Chelsea, how far now? I had Pedro don enter bus of one chance!
I disagree. ...tell one person u are a virgin..u will become d talk of d town.... it is better not to give d reason and let him continue with dis approach of keeping dem off
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Fourwinds: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
bigtt76:
Very true before one 6 or 9 year old go cone begin play with your 'Johnny' like that UNILAG lecturer said the girl do am grin

Anyway try de allow dem sha before landlord go end up evicting you. If they want to implicate you trust me they will still do so.... All na God

I disagree. he shouldn't allow them... when u are far from crime scene., it is difficult to rope one in unlike when u are close
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Fourwinds: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
sapientia:
Lol.. I took that decision almost 2 years ago.. No matter how long they knock, i dont even open door

Later i even stopped buying things for neighborhood kids..

All the stories i see online has to do with "he used to buy dis.. give that.."

Where i wan get power to defend myself against a kid's accusation.

I have seen it once, they no even allow the guy say a word, each word d little kid said was reciprocated on the guy with a slap or blow..

I was glad Police saved him.... Funny he was proved innocent later..

But the shame made the guy park out..

So Bro, its safe for me to say "you just became WISE".
a good one bro
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by charlsecy(m): 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
admax:
Guy, 'you are a wicked person and don't like children' period!
Re-read the post.

admax:
You don't trust yourself with those kids...Simple!
Assuming you're not wrong; so his efforts to stay clear of "temptation" should be condemned? Mtsheww..
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nmeri17: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Vivly:

How will a 9 year old start something first...
gini?? cheesy you never encounter dem 'amateur adventurers' wey sabi twerk?? those desperados wey wan auction their virginity ke embarassed u never see dem
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by gnchetts: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2015
That's naija mentality for u. Outside there, u don't know whom ur Neighbour is or hardly tell how many kids he has. Bro u must really have enough time to Liston to what people are saying because they say whatever they like, even when u are trying to please them.
Learn to stick to what u want and avoid what they say. ( they must say) whether u like it or not.
Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 13, 2015
dom:

no be only Philadelphia. na Arizona

Paedophilia :

Apologies.
My bad

1 Like

Re: Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 13, 2015
Imanuelle:

grin grin

Paedophilia :

Apologies.
My bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! / My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.