Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,841 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:00 AM

How The South Betrayed Her Own - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The South Betrayed Her Own (2920 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku / How I Was Betrayed At Pdp’s National Convention In Port Harcourt —sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
Since I have been on nairaland and read most political posts, I can only help but laugh at how all of a sudden we have become so caring about our own.

I am not writing to defend anybody or in defense of any party but to expose our betrayal in the south......

GEJ failed not because he was a southern but because he failed the nation at large. He allowed corruption to thrive thoroughly, at times he appeared clueless sometimes he appeared intelligent but all put together showed he lacked the quality of true leadership.

There had been lot's of out cry about lopesided appointment of the Buhari led government, the question is who do we really blame for our woes?? Is it the north or the stupidity of the south??
Being honest the south in its stupidity and hatred towards her own schemed her own out of the political calculations,

First the senate president would have been from the SE if only they had not allowed their hatred for APC to override their sense of judgement.

2nd because Fashola and Amechi were being considered for different offices of high ranking what did the south do to her own?? We rubbished their personality all because we want to paint them as black horses, few questions I will want to raise; was Amechi more ccorrupt than Uduaghan of delta state?? Is Fashola more corrupt than Tinubu?? But fashola's iimage has been tarnished and may nt be consider for any appointment in Buhari's admin.

I will still bring to our remembrance when buhari appointed an Ijaw to head the amnesty program a group in ND raised up to complain about the appointment of an ijaw man,

Finally i raised this issues for the South to stop shouting marginalization no body is mmarginalizing us we marginalize ourselves by hating on our own......

Long live the SS
Long live southern Nigeria
Long live the federal republic of Nigeria
Sai Buhari......

Let the whole leaders of the south unite for the southern agenda

4 Likes

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Ohammadike: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
Shut up there.The Apc members from the south east was frozen out of principal officers and you are here blabbing about SE hatred snd senate presidemcy. As for fashola and rotimi they are both dirty shameless theives that should be jailed snd keys thrown to river niget

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by SweetSoup(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ohammadike:
Shut up there.The Apc members from the south east was frozen out of principal officers and you are here blabbing about SE hatred snd senate presidemcy. As for fashola and rotimi they are both dirty shameless theives that should be jailed snd keys thrown to river niget
Is it the APC that is also attacking Ameachi or protested the appointment of an Ijaw man as the head of amnesty program? When it comes to political matters the northerners see themselves as one, i concur with the op.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by BiafranAvatar(m): 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
Op are you this dumb

Just Say The Name "BiafranAvatar"

6 Likes

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
Since I have been on nairaland and read most political posts, I can only help but laugh at how all of a sudden we have become so caring about our own.

I am not writing to defend anybody or in defense of any party but to expose our betrayal in the south......

GEJ failed not because he was a southern but because he failed the nation at large. He allowed corruption to thrive thoroughly, at times he appeared clueless sometimes he appeared intelligent but all put together showed he lacked the quality of true leadership.

There had been lot's of out cry about lopesided appointment of the Buhari led government, the question is who do we really blame for our woes?? Is it the north or the stupidity of the south??
Being honest the south in its stupidity and hatred towards her own schemed her own out of the political calculations,

First the senate president would have been from the SE if only they had not allowed their hatred for APC to override their sense of judgement.

2nd because Fashola and Amechi were being considered for different offices of high ranking what did the south do to her own?? We rubbished their personality all because we want to paint them as black horses, few questions I will want to raise; was Amechi more ccorrupt than Uduaghan of delta state?? Is Fashola more corrupt than Tinubu?? But fashola's iimage has been tarnished and may nt be consider for any appointment in Buhari's admin.

I will still bring to our remembrance when buhari appointed an Ijaw to head the amnesty program a group in ND raised up to complain about the appointment of an ijaw man,

Finally i raised this issues for the South to stop shouting marginalization no body is mmarginalizing us we marginalize ourselves by hating on our own......

Long live the SS
Sai Buhari......

Please stop opening threads on nairaland, just read other people's topics because u know nothing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Ohammadike: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
SweetSoup:
Is it the APC that is also attacking Ameachi or protested the appointment of an Ijaw man as the head of amnesty program? When it comes to political matters the northerners see themselves as one, i concur with the op.
The north ability to sheild their criminals has improvished that regiom i dom;t want that for the south though we are far from perfect. As for rotimi he is a piggish theif that should be locked away forever

5 Likes

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by tinkinjow: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
I thought they say PDP were the wailers...I thinking otherwise now

3 Likes

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ohammadike:
same thing am saying election has been won and lost but we refuse to move on, How can you make SE APC member principal officer when they never accepted you party?? Look at the north, they have die hard PDP as well as APC that is balance, have you forgotten the role SE APC in person of okorocha played during national Assembly saga?? Only a fool will shout marginalization
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Please stop opening threads on nairaland, just read other people's topics because u know nothing.
if you have a different opinion you air it not insults thanks
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Ohammadike: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
same thing am saying election has been won and lost but we refuse to move on, How can you make SE APC member principal officer when they never accepted you party?? Look at the north, they have die hard PDP as well as APC that is balance, have you forgotten the role SE APC in person of okorocha played during national Assembly saga?? Only a fool will shout marginalization
you all this and still wrote trash about SE iossing senate presidency due to hatred when even if they produced one he would have been snubbed like his fellow SE rep

3 Likes

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
tinkinjow:
I thought they say PDP were the wailers...I thinking otherwise now
this is not a party affair but the wailing of the South, we fail to understand that our strength is in our unity.........my point is nobody should complain if all appointment comes from the north because we have tagged all our own as bad
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ohammadike:
you all this and still wrote trash about SE iossing senate presidency due to hatred when even if they produced one he would have been snubbed like his fellow SE rep
who would have subdued him?? South must understand politics its all about alliances...... Even if we have Biafra or South South republic today election will also be by alliance all the hate should cease
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
It's best if u keep quiet.. All the posters above are unreasonable and any future posts of yours will only rile them up.. You have said your piece and I agree with you.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Ohammadike: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
who would have subdued him?? South must understand politics its all about alliances...... Even if we have Biafra or South South republic today election will also be by alliance all the hate should cease
the reps from SE was subdued what makes you think they would have given the senator from the east SP when nothing was given to the rep.AS for alliance Ss and SE have formed theirs
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by obailala(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
I cant help but totally agree with the Op. The 2015 elections have come and gone and the nation should have moved forward but the south still fights everyday across the political lines of APC vs PDP.

Whenever PMB appoints a northerner, the northerners (pdp+apc) just unite and accept the individual. However, whenever PMB appoints or attempts to appoint a southerner, we see all sorts of opposition and 'pull-him-down' syndrome at work from fellow southerners across the PDP vs APC lines. Now even the few manageable men like Fashola have been rubbished and we wonder why Buhari's appointments are pointing in the direction that southerners are corrupt.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by omowolewa: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
SMH for South.
Have your heard of corrupt governor from the north? They support whatever the tide and season presentz to leadership.
We called them Aboki while running our own down. From Mimiko to Fayose, Fashola to Amaechi, Tinubi to Kalu, .....

Continue.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Duru1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:

Long live the SS
Sai Buhari......

The only renowned betrayal artists and inherent backstabbers in southern Nigeria are the Yoruba, period. Unless you are ridiculously apathetic to the historical facts about the zoo called Nigeria, you should have avoided the above statement. In addition, it is safe to say that you are a political neophyte. Who is a more corruptible subject in the zoo than Daura Dumbass called Muhammdu Buhari whose admission into Nigerian army was painted with nepotistic endeavors by Nigerian government led Tafawa Balewa?

Ndiigbo shall never indulge in any form of political corporation with Yoruba in order to form any crap called southern Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by orunto27: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
Let the whole South unite behind OBJ for a Southern agenda. He loves Ironsi and Ezegwu. He loves Ojukwu too. He is very conversant with the Igbos and the Yoruba aspirations and the problem s of the North. As he warned GEJ not to allow PDP break on .GEPDP him so he is probably fed up with Tinubus incompetence. The Ibos should cut off their vain pride and team up for a Southern agenda to oppose bokoharam.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
if you have a different opinion you air it not insults thanks

Lemme point out just one thing..... There's was no plan to make an igbo man Senate president.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by chigoizie7(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:

Long live the SS
Sai Buhari......

Shut up there u f00L. The question u should have asked is

If Fashola, Tinubu, Amechi,ROChas,NGIGE had not betrayed there own, would buhari had been d president?

Is GEJ more corrupt than OBJ,IBB,Abdulsalami Abubakar,ATIKU and even Tinubu himself (the father of APC)?

Those are the question you should have asked if u are truly talking about betrayal.

The people of the south only showed Amaechi and fashola what betrayal is really all about, they should both go to HELL and burn to ashes including u OP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by EasternLion: 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

Shut up there u f00L. The question u should have asked is

If Fashola, Tinubu, Amechi,ROChas,NGIGE had not betrayed there own, would buhari had been d president?

Is GEJ more corrupt than OBJ,IBB,Abdulsalami Abubakar,ATIKU and even Tinubu himself (the father of APC)?

Those are the question you should have asked if u are truly talking about betrayal.

The people of the south only showed Amaechi and fashola what betrayal is really all about, they should both go to HELL and burn to ashes including u OP.

Exactly, may your wife born twin for you.

I see!

1 Like

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by chigoizie7(m): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
EasternLion:

Exactly, may your wife born twin for you.
I see!

Lolz,

May your own wife born octuplets for u, Iseee!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by chigoizie7(m): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
omowolewa:
SMH for South.
Have your heard of corrupt governor from the north? They support whatever the tide and season presentz to leadership.
We called them Aboki while running our own down. From Mimiko to Fayose, Fashola to Amaechi, Tinubi to Kalu, .....

Continue.

The same way all those u mentioned betrayed GEJ and were unable to protect and conceal him.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by aenero(m): 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari is fucking up,fine... But when will we stop this north/south thing,it has done enough division already
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

Lolz,

May your own wife born octuplets for u, Iseee!!!!!!

why you no say Amen
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by dayo23(f): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

The same way all those u mentioned betrayed GEJ and were unable to protect and conceal him.
betrayed GEJ?
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
We never betrayed our own, wen u talk of south pls indicate, We have SS. , We have SE , We Have SW.

The Igbo and Yoruba should continue with there Stupid fight, you just gat to know 1 tin, we re different from Both tribe.

We lost the Election because of the stupid Fight b/w Igbo and Yoruba which the Northerners sees as an opportunity to Ride on us all, There is nothing like Southern Nigeria, I.e you re from SS, SE or SW, nothing Like SS/SW or SW/SE or SS/SE. .

God bless Nigeria
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by funkybully(f): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
The South West betrayed her southern brother, simple.. stop beating about d bush. Say it as it is, nobody will beat u

1 Like

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by wordcat(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Its very funny how every Tunde, Ade and Gbenga is forming Aristotle in matters that affects the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by chigoizie7(m): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
dayo23:
betrayed GEJ?

Yes, I think we are sticking to the topic of the thread,

Yes, they betrayed their bros from the south to support someone from the north.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by chigoizie7(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Oyind17:

why you no say Amen

U want twins? Ok, say Amen on our behalf
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
chigoizie7:

U want twins? Ok, say Amen on our behalf

Amen!!!!! oya come chop

(1) (2) (Reply)

The List Of Governorship Aspirants In 18th Nov. 2017 Election In Anambra State / Newsflash: Again, Buhari Shuns Lagos' 2-day Visit, Sends Osinbajo Instead / How Atiku Run His Private University But Cannot Visit The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.