Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / , (1056 Views)

Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers / 7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

, by Christoskurion: 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: , by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Christoskurion:
Prior to the ascension of our Lord Jesus Christ,the coming of the Holy Spirit who would be an invisible Christ unto all believers was promised to His disciples(John 14:17-19,26;16:7;Acts 1:5). In less than two weeks,this awesome promise was fulfilled(Acts 2:1-3). All glory to God that this precious gift didnt end with the early disciples who were the initial recipients. Instead, just as the scope of salvation of humankind is universal,so is the will of the Father that all believers in Christ Jesus be filled and led by the Holy Ghost(Acts 2:39;Romans 8:14).

Since that day of Penticost till date,believers have been recieving the Holy Spirit. Even the darkness of the Medieval Period never prevail in quenching this Power. In the course of believers daily fellowship with the Holy Spirit as a divine Person,He ministers to them and even most times,in an audible voice but limited to the individual He interacts with. His presence cannot be visibly seen but convincingly perceived and even with physical evidences.

However, the unholy attitudes towards the Holy Ghost and the rate of indiscriminate claims of the Holy Spirit speaking to people by most individuals in our contemporary time has become too outrageous. Today,it is very easy to say 'thus says the Lord' anywhere anytime when truly the Lord has not said anything. These other words are also been used; 'i can hear the Lord in my spirit','the Holy Spirit told me'etc. Any preacher without regularly making these claims,to them,is a weak man of God or is not even called. Every christian without this indiscriminate claims is still a baby christian. Gospel artist without such has not started. The objective is not necessarily to glorify Christ but to magnify self or achieve other earthly desires.

I totally believe that no believer can do without the Holy Spirit but the Person and roles of the Holy Spirit have been massively abused, blasphemed, and grieved without remorse in the charismatic circle especially in this our time. It is sheer theological trend, a heretical ideology, and a blasphemy against the Holy Spirit to say 'God said','the Lord said','the Holy Spirit told me' and the likes, when actually you know that it is not true. Do not forget so soon what the Bible teaches about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit(Mark 3 :28-29).

Dearly beloved, i personally see this as a very subtle means by which the devil ignorantly makes many believers enemies of Christ whom they have genuinely accepted. The Holy Spirit still speaks! But, please, sincerely and carefully draw a distinction between your human mind and the Holy Spirit. May the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit ever abide with you all.

If you give paragraphs it makes it easier/interesting to read

Nicely written bro....
Re: , by Christoskurion: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: , by Christoskurion: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
Thoniameek:

If you give paragraphs it makes it easier/interesting to read

Nicely written bro....
Thanks so much. I paragraphed it but when it was submitted i discovered that the paragraphs have all disappeared.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Testimonies Of Gods Miracles In Great Grace Gospel And Freedom Ministries Int / Chris Oyakhilome Offered Me R10 000 To Sit In A Wheelchair, Stand Up And Walk / Top 10 Richest Pastor's In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.