Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises (40061 Views)

Drama As Governor Fayose Removes PDP Logo From Campaign Office, Billboards / Fayose Removes PDP Name & Logo From Campaign Office & Billboards / Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by vivalavida(m): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday disowned two of his campaign documents containing promises on what he would do in his first 100 days in office.

A statement from his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu titled: “Understanding Buhari in 100 days” pointedly disowned two campaign documents which he said emanated from some of party’s “so many centres of public communication which, for whatever reason, were on the loose.”

“There is a certain document tagged “One Hundred Things Buhari Will Do in 100 Days” and the other, “My Covenant With Nigerians.” Both pamphlets bore the authorised party logo but as the Director of Media and Communications in that campaign, I did not fund or authorise any of those. I can equally bet my last Kobo that Candidate Buhari did not see or authorise those publications.

“As a consequence of these publications, expectations have been raised unreasonably, that as President, Muhammadu Buhari will wave his hand and all the problems that the country faces — insecurity, corruption, unemployment, poor infrastructure would go away.

“But that notwithstanding, President Buhari has given the job his best shot and the whole country is saying that we never had it so good. He has re-instituted the values of hard work and administrative efficiency. The President says times without number that this country needs to fix governance and that he won’t tolerate laziness.

“In the area of economic management, Nigerians are already seeing things happen that they thought were not possible in so short a time.

“He didn’t put a Kobo to finance the power sector. Yet, reading his body language alone and knowing that there are things you cannot do and get away with under Buhari, electricity supply all over the country has risen to unprecedented heights.

“In this country, appointments and removal from office are done usually in accordance with a spoils system.

“A new government sacks officials on the basis only that it did not appoint them, but the predecessor-adminstration [did].

“President Buhari has shown that his government is different. He wants to look at each case on its own merit and it is clear by now that he is not ready to surrender the country to burnt out politicians. Technocrats will have a big place in his administration. He has appointed no ministers yet, but the government is running smoothly.

“In this period of three months, government certainly deserves a pat on the back for improved power, reform in the energy sector, foreign relations, fight against corruption and insurgency and the fact of Nigerians being at peace, not only among themselves, but with their neighbors and the rest of the world,” he declared, while adding that “President Buhari will turn out to be a leader in the tradition of Lee Kuan-Yu and India’s current reform-minded Prime Minister Modi with strong and clear emphasis on detail and execution. He may however differ with them by not micro-managing things.”
http://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-disowns-campaign-promises

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by chigoizie7(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
Mmmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by mars123(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
he cannot fulfill all campaign promises...that one is sure. my own stand is that he should deliver the dividends of democracy to Nigerians in its full package.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by BishopMagic: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
Carry you go jor.

Nothing do you.

Appoint Duara red goat as minister of all Oduastan

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Adeyinka12(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
President of the .........................

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
President of the north

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by OVI75(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
hahahaa.we knew beter

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by 400billionman: 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
Mouth daurrahoea

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by ShowYourCertificate: 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
I knew it all along. I knew that Nigerians have been scammed.

Or how do you expect a certificateless dullard from daura to stabilise the oil market, make $1=N1, generate 20,000MW of electricity, create millions of jobs yearly, pay the indigents 5k per month, provide meals for pupils in schools, publicly declare assets, etc?

Les impossible grin

180 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by bugzbunny: 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
President of arewanistan
Nothin do u...
Continue shouting probe till nxt four years
Just wonder wat eFcc is for..
Smh
Has anyone heard frm mr lai muhammed lately?
I think cpc is coming out of apc oo
Lai come and explain this...

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by powerfulsettingz: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
Singing Laye Laye baby mi ko jo

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by oneda(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hohohaha

Aaa Phee Ceee

Sambarry sout.... SHANGE!

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by buoye1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
It's allowed
Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by muhammed10: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wow

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by brixton: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
He talks about body language again... And it's past 100days, when will Buhari show us his assets declaration details?

BABAONECHANCE

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by slimmyjimmy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
E don enter already ! Oya vote am comot na

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Dottore: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
What the fvck? Pls GMB don't ridicule me before my fellow Igbos, peers, neigbours and friends who mock and hate me so much for supporting you

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Alexgeneration(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
If I may ask,who then made the promises and put it inside the document?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by nationwide1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Well, I lack words.. All politicians are the same.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by ZACHIE: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
It was a campaign issue way back that
BUHARI didn't say many words during the campaigns.
PDP took several newspaper ads saying Buhari spoke for only 50 minutes throughout the 35 States he toured while Gej in Lagos alone spoke for 45 minutes.
So, if the man spoke sparingly and promised little or nothing, how is he roped with several promises all of a sudden.
Please spare the man jorr

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Pvin: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Public Notice: This is to inform the genre public to shun the trending rumor in the country that the CBN wants to use my picture for 2000 naira note.
Note: I declined the offer for security reasons at list not when am still living Thanks.

On the topic, Politicians will always be one. Ashi decides how to render her services after payment.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by LMAyedun(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
The way Buhari will disappoint Nigerians ehn, I pray we will be able to get over it.

That old man is so double mouthed & a pretender.

I'm a wailer!

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Fernandowski(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Am not surprised
For us to console ourselves,let's download wiz khalifa's PROMISES and listen to
Thank me later

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by frisky2good(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Why did they wait till now to deny it?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by maestroferddi: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
#One Chances

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Emmafrancis: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Still using that "body language" expression?. Lol. This people have no shame at all. Tah.
Nigeria as it is today always reminds me of the novel "Animal farm".
Buhari as the great Napoleon, GEJ as snowball, Mallam Garba Shehu as Squealer, the west as the sheeps (obviously ), Ameachi and his fellow dimwits from ss/se as boxer, etc.

Just as comrade Napoleon and his team used propaganda and lies to turn white to black and other wise. They modify their promises and the commandments every day and the other animals perplexed. The propaganda team rubbished the achievements of snowball and even claim the windmill and other innovations where the brain child of Napoleon lol.
They can go ahead not to keep any of their promises . Am a wailer and a proud 5percenter.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Truckpusher(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad - Aldous Huxley. grin

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by phyllosilicate(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by notoriousbabe: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ghen ghen he don happen

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by chesterlee(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari's true colour is gradually showing...

The thunder that will strike him eh!!!
#BabaCattleRearer
#BabaOneChance
#BabaGoSlow

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Elections are over, the REAL TRUTH is gradually unfolding. APC is fast becoming a propaganda Party. shocked shocked shocked

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises by Trendy247: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
One Chance

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Short & Deceitful Little Imps Osinbajo Is Sick, His Nightmare Just Started – FFK / Photos: Fayose Prostrates For Ooni Of Ife / Femi Fani-Kayode To Wike: You Were Still In The Creeks When I Started Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.