Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! (650 Views)

"I will tone down my criticism of Buhari because of Fashola" – Fayose (Video) / Fuel Price Increment Is Buhari’s Wicked And Fraudulent - Fayose / Buhari: Selfish Elite Behind Criticism Of My Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! by citizenisb: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nigerians can only be described as a very wicked people who do not seek the good of others or their own good.

Despite the carnage and overwhelming RAPE of their country by Goodluck Jonathan and his Federal Character Cronies or that of Obasanjo; we still have the guts to claim that Buhari is Sectional. Please what has appointing someone to steal the country's resources from your place brought for you?

Let us not be deceived, the ELITES own the MEDIA and thus public opinion and when the government of the day is not paying them they will use their attack dogs in the media to twist public opinion of simpletons who do not reason on their own to do critical thinking.

These same ELITES told us that Buhari is going to ISLAMISE us all but when his appointements do not particularly favour any religion they change their tone to say that he is tribalistic and following a sectional agenda. They do not know tribe or religion they are only in this country to live FAT off the public in a very rich country with poor citizens.

Buhari appears sectional because he is appointing people from whom he has worked with in the past and can vouch for their integrity. Corruption cannot be totally erased but it should not be taken to the level of MADNESS which we saw in the last administration. My friends in the military attest to the fact that the latest appointements in the military where done on merit and not based on what section of the country they come from. He chooses those who have not being corrupted with the spoils of public office.

Please why has Islamisation turned to Northernisation. Beware of the ELITES who want to use you through their ownership of the press to cheat you from enjoying what God has Blessed you with in this country. You all know that the number one problem with this country has been BAD LEADERSHIP!!!

TRY AND CHOOSE FREEDOM FROM THIS ECONOMIC BONDAGE WE HAVE BEEN PLACED IN FOR DECADES. I believe GMB was sent for a time like this when with low oil prices, corruption would have led to the death of this country because after they all steal there will be literally NOTHING for the rest of us.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! by donshaddow(m): 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sekem
Re: Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! by citizenisb: 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
Corruption. That canker-worm has burrowed a comfortable home in the main fabric of the Nigerian Customs Service. You feel it everywhere you turn. It stares you in the face. It is so present; so visceral, so real. It stands next to you. It is by your side. It is everywhere. It is a way of life. It is the blood of the agency. It is all that the service represents. I used to think that the Nigeria Police Force is deep in the art, until my recent experience unraveled the stench that oozes from the bowels of this modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah.
It all started in April this year, when a relation of mine decided to import a used car from the United States. He contacted me, an “omo Eko”, to be his “ears and eyes” to get the vehicle cleared from Tin Can Island Port through a clearing and forwarding agent. I quickly contacted an agent, upon recommendation by another friend. He “shocked” me by saying that clearing a used car from Tin Can Island Port is akin to passing the proverbial camel through the needle’s eye. He estimated that I may spend as much as the cost of the car in the port before I can lay hands on it. I thought it was a joke.
I handed the Bill of Lading to him to start processing. He reported back the next day that the Customs demanded for N0.5 million before they can “value” the car, else I would have to pay more than N 7,000,000.00 to clear! I was alarmed and I resisted.
After 2 weeks of back and forth, I decided to visit the port myself. I hitched a SeaCoaster boat ride across the Lagos Lagoon and in 5 minutes, I was face-to-face with barefaced corruption. Impunity beyond belief. I was tossed around like a yoyo, until I finally got to the office of one Mr. Kolo Baba Jiiyah, the PA to the Controller for Tin Can Port, Mrs. Talatu. His office is tucked in the inner recesses of the Customs compound in Tin Can. Seated on a desk by his corner is a full-size framed photograph of Talatu, an obviously overfed bulky woman, struggling between a bulging tummy and the demands of her “salute” posture, standing on an epitaph that read “African Customs Officer of the Year 2013”. The drapes that formed the backdrop obviously depicted the colors of Ghana, where the "award" was handed. This much was confirmed by the next statement: “award given in Accra, Ghana blablabla…”. While I scanned the office, Mr. Kolo was busy on the phone, negotiating with someone on the other side about “money for madam” and the other stakeholders, and the one that must go to Abuja. The phone call dragged on and on, until another customs lady came in to toss a bulging envelope to Kolo. He dropped the call, took a look and the envelope and asked how much. The woman replied 3M. He smiled, opened his steel cabinet and tossed it in. He said the amount was less than they negotiated and the customs woman replied that the man said he ran out of cash completely!And I waited.
It went past 1 hour after I arrived when he spoke to me. His tone was commanding. I should get out of his office and look for money to clear my car. He referred me to “valuation” - a unit in the agency, across the road where arbitrary values are placed on imported whares. I got there sharply. It is a reprehensible sight of commotion, confusion, chaos and disorganization. Hundreds of rowdy men and women loiter around the vicinity, wheeling and dealing. Most of them, from the Eastern side of our dear country. Money was changing hands in quick succession. People were literally standing on their heads to scramble for valuation papers. I sauntered into the Valuation Officer's dingy office, clutching unto my car papers. He momentarily looked at me, and requested that I wait outside. After about an hour, I intruded into his office space aain and demanded that I be attended to. The valuation man referred me back to Kolo with a caveat that only Kolo is responsible for cars that were made from 2014 upwards. That was how the day ended.
Another two weeks after, the agent came with a paper stating that customs insisted I must send N 4 million and the corresponding N.05 million for officers. In frustration, I sent the money. The agent went to get the car but brought a Skye Bank Teller that read N3,200,000.00 paid in favor of the Nigeria Customs Service! I instantly knew that I had been swindled. And I would not take it. The car did not come out either. So, I returned to Tin Can Island. Whodunit?
I connected with my agent again and demanded that he shows me the man that he handed over half a million Naira to! He took me to Kolo. Kolo again? It crossed my mind that I actually complained to Kolo in my earlier visit that someone in the Customs Service, was demanding for money to clear my car. I expected that he would “do something” about it. I never knew that he was the actual culprit! I sensed that something grander, deeper and more odoriferous was in that place. Something sinister yet familiar. I decided to dig deeper.
My agent told me that paying money to Kolo and indeed, his “Oga Madam” is a way of life. That the money is shared around, and that a share must be sent to Abuja for the Controller-General. He said that I was lucky to be billed only half a million.
I confronted Kolo about the sleaze. He told me to rather focus on my car, than think about how much I spent! Few hours after, I was told that the rates for clearing cars have been adjusted by the new government of President Buhari; that my car cannot come out again.
In astonishment, I went to Oga Madam. She told me to go look for another N2.8 million Naira to clear the car; that the code that was used to make my earlier payment to customs in Skye Bank was no longer valid since customs had upgraded the system! She was very audacious. Very commanding. Very haughty. Very in-charge. There was something fundamentally not ok with that woman. I continued to dig!
I was told that she is an “untouchable” within the customs system. I was told the even the Controller-General is afraid of Mrs. Talatu. I was told that her roots penetrate very deep; that she was planted by IBB and that everybody in the system, including the CGC is afraid of Talatu. She draws her power from the forces of darkness that have held this country to its knees since 1960. She is the law. She determines what you pay for what import.

I had to cry to Berekete Family Radio Programme in Love FM - Abuja; originate petitions to “ogas at the top”, etc. for the car to be released with a very huge bil for demurrage. I learnt my lessons and have lived with the trauma unto this day.
Nigeria Customs Service stinks to high heavens. This is the reason I applaud President Buhari for appointing a no-nonsense Colonel Ali into the Customs Service. He needs to use a very big broom to sweep the service very fast. Too many extremely corrupt fat cats to weed out. Too many entrenched interests. Too many vested interests. Too many decades of decay. My experience with the Customs completely destroyed my faith in the ability of our country to ever get better. I hope Ali proves me wrong.

https://www.nairaland.com/2561657/horrible-experience-customs-support-buhari
Re: Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! by citizenisb: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
Why can't I get answers to my questions? Please let us stop blindly following the elites who have destroyed this country, please let us support Buhari and break our bondage to the ELITES for good.
Re: Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! by citizenisb: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari might be the last chance we have to change Nigeria for the better in our generation
Re: Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
Who told you that only those from a particular region are competent and aren't capable of looting Nigeria?
"Please what has appointing someone to steal the country's resources from your place brought for you?" What makes Nigeria a country if it can only be govern by a region when different region came together to form it?

Well, I can only say GOOD BYE to NIGERIA, a cursed Nation.

GOD BLESS BIAFRA
Re: Nigerians Criticism Of Buhari WICKED!!! by SkyBlue1: 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
You're being too kind blaming the "media elites". It is not about media elites but individual people's fetish bigotted obsessions born out of nothing but greed, and bigotry parading in the name of nationalism. I hope Buhari is mature enough to not be swayed by all this empty noise and instead strive to do the job he was put in there to do. Forget all the noise you hear online and on the news, there is a silent majority. Underating this silent majority is what cost Jonathan his position. People want Nigeria to work and don't care if chickens being appointed as ministers get the job done, these people are in the silent majoriy and don't make all the noise hangers on from yesterday's trash make in their continuing bout to remain relevant.

(1) (Reply)

Ezeife, Afenifere, Arewa Youths Berate President Over Campaign Promises Denial. / 100 Days In Office. When Will Buhari's Probes Yield Results. / Allah’s Punishment Awaits Any Muslim Who Collects Ram From Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.