Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion (30179 Views)

Whats The Title Of The Song Topping Your Playlist Right Now ? / Do You Need A Songwriter Or Lyricist? / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by adonbilivit: 9:07am On Sep 17, 2015
v
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by tuffgongjo(m): 9:10am On Sep 17, 2015
I still love that "Sanctum" track by Boogey.

4 Likes

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by phaphyz05(m): 9:10am On Sep 17, 2015
Flavour tops d list or it's a big capital JOKE

2 Likes

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by DJMCOTTY(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2015
Awesomeking:
Your list makes a whole lotta sense fella,except that i beleive boogey should be replaced withe either loose kaynon or blackmagic

tec and ghost from show dem camp are good where they are
we all knw Loose's lines same ol, same ol..
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by slyng(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2015
Wetin concern dog with family planning?
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Pronmix(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2015
phaphyz05:
Flavour tops d list or it's a big capital JOKE
grin Troll

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by metorichmond(m): 9:15am On Sep 17, 2015
Vector anytime any day, that nigga lyrics can kill.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Feranmicharles(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2015
TimothyNkenu:

You no fit read?
I'll do that now sad
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by TimothyNkenu: 9:16am On Sep 17, 2015
Feranmicharles:
I'll do that now sad

grin
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by tuffgongjo(m): 9:17am On Sep 17, 2015
Lyoncrescent:
On current form I prefer vector as number one. In jaywons new jam back to sender vector was like: " Jaywon(J1)Na the boss(bus),J5". His lyrics on King Kong and several others are just a breath of fresh air. Most overrated rapper in the history of hip hop in Nigeria has to be ice prince though
Ice is a Bubble gum wrapper$Condom wrapper rolled into one.
Sasha sef better pass am,lol
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by kendrick9(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2015
Not a fan of jagz at all, don't get the hype
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by sauceEEP(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2015
Jesse jagz, vector I know but booquee and the rest I don't know. sad would appreciate a link to download booquee and Co songs.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by kendrick9(m): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2015
metorichmond:
Vector anytime any day, that nigga lyrics can kill.
yep..
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Feranmicharles(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Pavarottii(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2015
That list is not complete without OZONE! Since u wanna place MI and Mode 9 as seniors members, let's leave themm outta the list. But Ozone is supposed to bench one of those lyricist.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Mergic(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2015
DJMCOTTY:

loose is dope mahn...64bars on Gemini easily comes to mind
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by kevoh(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2015
Only came to confirm if Boogey was on the list and I was not disappointed. OP, you sabi better tin. I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 17, 2015
I don't know them.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Damayor12(m): 9:39am On Sep 17, 2015
Y'all should hear Blaqbonez.. that dude is Fireee!!! Nigeria's next big rap thing..

3 Likes

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by TimothyNkenu: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2015
Pavarottii:
That list is not complete without OZONE! Since u wanna place MI and Mode 9 as seniors members, let's leave themm outta the list. But Ozone is supposed to bench one of those lyricist.

Ozone...the guy in Aristokrat records?
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by softvio(m): 9:41am On Sep 17, 2015
Djicemob:
@bolded...thats the point.I think its unfair and even kind of blasphemous to rate boogey ahead of Jagz.Jagz has put out more work to deserve number1 spot against boogey.

You're wrong with the information, Boogey gat two works, the 1st was Art-ificial Intelligence 2nd TINAA... Back to the issue, i think JesseJagz best Boogey in here reasons been that Jagz spit hard bars and also try to communicate with the audience easily. And he creates unique sounds and style that would be soothing to people. Boogey in the other hand got great bars n stories but his delivery is weak and some of his works are covers(which would be very easy to rap along)...sometimes you will think Jesse spit easy things but you just have to listen close to appreciate him alot e.g "Desire"...my top 5 .. 5. AQ 4. Vector 3.Boogey 2.Fecko 1.Jessejagz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2015
The title of this post is promotion of the unknown Good lyricist known to me and. Two of which you alredy know pls search and download Dem plsssssSsss
Lol op dis is for. You PRomoter
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 17, 2015
Jargo is the dopest! Take it or leave it. His metaphor and delivery is just top notch. VEC is king of wordplay
But I just haven't felt that boogey tho. I think Loose is a better rapper/lyricist than boogey. Maybe I need get his TINNA mixtape

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 17, 2015
kendrick9:
Not a fan of jagz at all, don't get the hype
You hate Good Music undecided
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by ericzzzz(m): 9:46am On Sep 17, 2015
you done try
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by HayZee06(m): 9:46am On Sep 17, 2015
I think it goes in this order IMO:
VECTOR MI YUNG6IX JESSE JAGZ ERIGGA , VEC is truly d rap king in naija, he's got all wat it takes.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Raemond(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2015
op is a real hiphop head, great list with detailed explanation.......Jaggo anyday is a demon on the mic. All other rappers listed are great.
Though am kind of disappointed at M.I for not being consistent with his illegal music mixtape, that has always been one of the maddest hip hop mixtape in Nigeria.
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by freecocoa(f): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2015
All I know is that Jesse jagz is one of the best in the industry, fell in love with him from the days of 'wetin dey'.

Vector is good too.

Don't know all those other people.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by horlabiyi(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2015
LOL
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Awesomeking: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2015
DJMCOTTY:
yeah,but it still has that cool highlife flow that ourr rappers have ignored for close to 5 years,ever since 2shotz stopped,no one to continue
Re: Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 17, 2015
I love jags...god on d mic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album / 'Olo Mi' By Tosin Martins / ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.