Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,276 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:03 PM

African Mum Of Quintuplets Let Off £145,000 NHS Bill: Health Tourist Who Came To - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / African Mum Of Quintuplets Let Off £145,000 NHS Bill: Health Tourist Who Came To (525 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Kwara (5 Babies Same Time) / Mother Of Two Delivered Of Quintuplets In Ibadan / Nigerian Mother Owes UK Hospital £145,000 For Giving Birth To Five Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Mum Of Quintuplets Let Off £145,000 NHS Bill: Health Tourist Who Came To by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
A Nigerian health tourist who cost the NHS £145,000 having quintuplets has said she never even saw a bill.

Bimbo Ayelabola, 37, had to have a complex caesarean section after travelling to Britain while pregnant in 2011.

The operation and neo-natal care for the five babies cost the Health Service in excess of £145,000 – but Miss Ayelabola never paid a penny towards the bill. 

Costly delivery: Bimbo Ayelabola with the quintuplets - three identical girls and two boys - in London in 2011 after she had a complex caesarean section
And now it has emerged the hospital involved will not chase her for the money.

Miss Ayelabola has since returned to her home city of Lagos, where she is a successful make-up artist who drives a £17,000 car. 

When confronted by the Daily Mail about the NHS bill, she said: ‘I have never received my bill. If I had it, I would pay it.’

The hospital involved yesterday admitted it sent only one request for payment, more than six months after Miss Ayelabola left the hospital – and had failed to take any further action when it was returned unpaid.

Re: African Mum Of Quintuplets Let Off £145,000 NHS Bill: Health Tourist Who Came To by Utchgirl(f): 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wonderful God !
Five @ once !
God of Hebrew women i praise ur name 4 dis.
Plz God remember those who r in need of d fruit of womb.
Re: African Mum Of Quintuplets Let Off £145,000 NHS Bill: Health Tourist Who Came To by Utchgirl(f): 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wonderful God !
Five @ once !
Re: African Mum Of Quintuplets Let Off £145,000 NHS Bill: Health Tourist Who Came To by Utchgirl(f): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
Wonderful God !
Five @ once !

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Worry About Any Side Effects / Man's Organ And Its Changes. 18+ Only {must Read} / Causes Of Virginal Pain And Its Prevention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.