Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,676 members, 7,801,949 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? (22682 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by An2elect2(f): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
bolajioginni:
Omo na beating your spouse sure passs ooo......

Your wife is in trouble

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by lonelydora: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
I use any of the above. As the spirit leads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Chestar5(f): 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
Am not married but i know that the bible gives the best advice for christian couples in resolving issues....so whatever the bible says we will do smiley...millions have done so and succeeded am sure it will benefit allwink

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by lonelydora: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
I allow her to fume and calm down, then give her some time and educate or enlighten her as a man. She happily accepts my opinions and apologies thereafter.

Just me and her. We talk it quietly. Why raise a voice on your spouse.?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
kennynelcon:
Forgiveness
Tolerance
and Communication.

I'm not married anyway.

Well said.
Raised voices and apologies and then great sex. Damn! I LOVE my boyfriend smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by xeeco: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Basically, we practice open communication over every issue whether sweet or bitter, we don't keep malice, we have learnt to be humble to say sorry if one of us offends the other. We resolve all issues before the next day. Finally, Christ is the bedrock of our marriage, since we pray together in morning devotions and bedtime prayers in the night; We must resolve issues before we can pray.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
lonelydora:
Just me and her. We talk it quietly. Why raise a voiceon your spouse.?

Usually raised voices means a lot of things.
1, expressing your pain or anger.
2, demanding to be heard.
3, raising your voice and controlling your body from physical fights.
4, etc. Thats for me tho. Dunno about others

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by BCJAY(f): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmmmmm, some men are not easy to pls no matter how hard you try. He will be at fault and still blame you and if you respond agrily, he will say look at you, you are just going to church for fun just because he is a muslim. I am usually fed up most times despite trying to take it easy, will i go dump all because i profess christ i dont get it but even right now aam very frustrated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by treasuremi1(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
This is just a joke anyway.
But seriously, each couple know their best moment to resolve their issues. But like someone rightly said it's based on LOVE, TOLERANCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
Some issues can be left to hang over while some are ironed out immediately. But those 3 factors must be played when resolving disagreements.
Some people's best time could be late at night, while others could be early in the morning.
But my best time is during our FAMILY DEVOTION

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by mrsdee: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmmm. I usually get so angry when I know he is the cause of the conflict. I will do the initial female gragra bu sulking but before the end of the day, I usually call for a dialogue meeting where I bring up theissue and discuss it. I will point out why I feel wronged and then give him an opportunity to discuss his side. We both try and see things from the other's perspective. The wrong side is normally obvious at the end and there will be apologies. I have always maintained the promise of not going to bed with anger. It is not easy but it helps in the long run to swallow one's pride in family affairs. Need I Say more that we end the day with you know what.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by teekay213(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
lol...that thing works like shiit.

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Timoleon(m): 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
runzlord:
The children does not us. Looking at them, u can't just have issues.

This is just cool.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Hello Niaralanders.

How do you resolve conflicts/disagreements in your marriage?

Do you discuss it quietly or with raised voices?
Do you listen so as to know what to say or do you listen to understand him/her?
Do you involve third parties?
Can people look at your face and discern that there is an issue between man and wife?
Do you approach conflict resolutions from 'my' or 'our' perspective?
At what point do you pray about the issue?

Pls let's discuss. You never know how helpful your comment could be to someone.

#TeamKoboko
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Kjking(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
Its simple... mind your business
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Joy1706(f): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Whichever way but he dares not raise his voice at me o......if not na double wahala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by lonelydora: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
evegran:

Usually raised voice means a lot of things.
1, expressing your pain or anger.
2, demanding to be heard.
3, raising your voice and controlling your body from physical fights.
4, etc. Thats for me tho. Dunno about others

She detest raised voice no matter what the situation is for fear of neighbors hearing our voice, which i sometimes capitalises on to get my way.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by darlenese(f): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
It depends on the kind of spouse you have

What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B
So you need to study ur spouse very well to know what works for u.
Some men prefer you express ur anger /instead of keeping silent , while some men even encourage their wife to play mute,
With time u'll understand what works for your partner , that's why they say marriage is a school in which no one has ever graduated .
But communication is still the key

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by olaolulazio(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
Avoiding 3rd party and saying am sorry in a solemn way with a hot smooch that will eventually lead to s...

you can finish it for me if it's ya business!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by sheymaziggy: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
timilehing:
Some people don't just want to be happy in any relationship. No matter how hard you try to settle conflicts or minimize its occurrence, they won't yield. I do wonder if they're from Mars.

Taking from experience
Bro so true , some don't and won't admit their wrong doing instead they make it worse , I really do not understand what kind of soul they have , it's really not worth it to be in that situation only to just get out .its sickening
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by promzyugo(f): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
Once there is misunderstanding btw me and my hubby is either I keep silent because I know that he will surely come to apologize kiss shocked[i][/i]

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by adeememman(m): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
If you intend to buy anything on Jumia or Konga this week, Pls use my Affliate links on www.madesimpleonline.xyz
Thanks
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by dinkyicon: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
by ADR...mediation...or by dissolution....period

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
lonelydora:

She de-taste raised voice no matter what the situation is for fear of neighbors hearing our voice, which i sometimes capitalises on to get my way.

LOL! Funny man. smiley

And it's "detest".

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by mamba808(m): 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
Seconded.... Quickly turned off the gas.... Waiting for the elders.
tchidi:
lipsrsealed

Here to read comments... embarassed embarassed
*brings out writing pad* cool cool
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by chichriso: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
what I do is simply stay clear from her at least for a week and then come back and settle the dispute

TO BOOST YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC, CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK/URL

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by kamair237(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
Good suprising Se***xxxx!!!
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by mamba808(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
...if you can make marriage work for 1-25years, living under the same roof. You're sure to be heaven bound....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Mekzmoney(m): 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
Would leave d house wen she's barking like a.... grin

Return leta wen she's calm.... Take her in and apologize (even tho she's at fault).

Then on d process of apologizing, would hold and kiss her (while she strugle to push me away firmly)

Then would carry her to bed, move her skirt or gown up, move d pant by d side and giv her a hot sex.....

Sumtyms wud hold her 2hands on d wall wit 1hand, hold her one leg on ma arm as she's standing on d wall then wisper into her ears (I'm sorry lov) then screw her on d wall. Case closed....

As tym passes, she enjoyed it and I noticed dat she wud deliberately provoke me so dat we wud quarrel and I would appologize and giv her such a romantic sex...

It was fun though....

But she was my babe and nt my wife.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by jammyunn(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
A wise man once said : "I allow my wife decide on the 'big' issues while I decide on the 'small' ones". I then asked, which is 'big' and 'small'? He said: ' anyone I think is, there no particular one'. But most times anyone that my wife wants to make a meal of, is what I then regard as a 'big' issue. In that way, I reduce trouble to the minimal'. Another thought is from my pastor who said: "anything that is spiritual matter is decided by me and every other by my wife, so everyone knows their role". We can also disagree in some cases but ultimately, one person decides if it is their part".

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by samtaiwo: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thank's for this opportunity.1.quietly. 2.listening. 3.third party!NO.4.NO!that's immature. 5.'our' of course.6.constantly.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by madridguy(m): 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
I am sorry If I sound rude to interfere in your marital affair. Is your husband a Muslim or Mumeen ? Muslims are people who answered islamic names, claimed to be a muslim but never follow the instruction of Almighty Allah. While Mumeen are the one who follow the Almighty Allah with all their mind without compromising.
If your husband his a muslim then advice him to move closer to the hulla" I mean the muslim scholar " to enlighten him more. Saying such words to someone spouse is totally against the teaching of islam. My sister, here is a link to a post I created here on NL last year, please pass it to your husband and I hope he will find it useful. May God bless your home.

https://www.nairaland.com/1807790/being-romantic-sunnah

BCJAY:
Hmmmmmm, some men are not easy to pls no matter how hard you try. He will be at fault and still blame you and if you respond agrily, he will say look at you, you are just going to church for fun just because he is a muslim. I am usually fed up most times despite trying to take it easy, will i go dump all because i profess christ i dont get it but even right now aam very frustrated.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by lonelydora: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
evegran:

LOL! Funny man. smiley

And it's "detest".

Don't mind my typo. It was caused by my auto correct. Thanks for the correction anywhere. Meanwhile you are pretty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Continue To Love My Wife / How Do You Work It Out With Your Low Libido Partner / Tired Of My Child’s Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.