Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? (22698 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
BCJAY:
Hmmmmmm, some men are not easy to pls no matter how hard you try. He will be at fault and still blame you and if you respond agrily, he will say look at you, you are just going to church for fun just because he is a muslim. I am usually fed up most times despite trying to take it easy, will i go dump all because i profess christ i dont get it but even right now aam very frustrated.
Don't give up on God,keep on being a good wife, pray for him always, trust God for a happy marriage and watch things turn around for good. Never give him the right treatment for his actions, give him the love treatment.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:
boyfriend and husband na two different levels o

We re more than boyfriend and girlfriend
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
mrsdee:
Hmmmm. I usually get so angry when I know he is the cause of the conflict. I will do the initial female gragra bu sulking but before the end of the day, I usually call for a dialogue meeting where I bring up theissue and discuss it. I will point out why I feel wronged and then give him an opportunity to discuss his side. We both try and see things from the other's perspective. The wrong side is normally obvious at the end and there will be apologies. I have always maintained the promise of not going to bed with anger. It is not easy but it helps in the long run to swallow one's pride in family affairs. Need I Say more that we end the day with you know what.
Cool. Never let the sun go down upon ur wrath. Great principle.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:

Would really love it if you could explain your points further. I believe many of us will learn from further explanation. Thanks

Well, ask specific questions regarding the parts you don't fully comprehend.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kjking:
Its simple... mind your business
this one na highway to implosion
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
lonelydora:

She detest raised voice no matter what the situation is for fear of neighbors hearing our voice, which i sometimes capitalises on to get my way.
Capitalizing on that is so wrong. Repent bro.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
chichriso:
what I do is simply stay clear from her at least for a week and then come back and settle the dispute

TO BOOST YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC, CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK/URL

. one week? a lot can go wrong in one week...
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
omojoshy:
Kudos....3rd Party would only take side, add pepper and salt and ultimately be glad that things get worst. Diplomacy, Openness, Patience and communication are the keys to lasting relationship.
And the third party will only judge from his/her own personal experience.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Burger01(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
Well, best thing is to understand your partner. Know her weakness, her cooling points, her swinging bipolar moods. Jeez, women can be so complicated! If you really love your wife and see a great future with her, then you gat to throw that robe of 'I'm man of the house, I'm the head of the family' out of the window. Only then can you really enjoy your wife and your marriage. As complicated women can be, we just can't do without them.. Smh. Thunder fire devil.

Happy marital lives to those married couples out there.. Wink.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by g2soul11(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:
All the ghosts viewing this thread make una dey comment
na. make your presence known.

is it a most?
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nnemuka:

ewwwwww

dont make me puke.....
so when its his turn to explain why things should go his way, he would equally bring out her breast and play with it?

lol
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
TLAX:

Just discuss in an open, non judgemental way and be prepared to let common sense prevail. Usually, raised voices are distractions and puts both of you on defensive mode.

...and this last bit for guys, make sure the disagreement does not degenerate to malice, cold war, no speaking terms etc. because you are destined to lose this one. Its unfamiliar territory for you but its built into your spouse/partners DNA and you will most likely loose. Better you make your peace if you are wrong than be forced to eat the humble pie. Trust me!
lol @ humble pie.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
lonelydora:

Yes oooooo. I love my beautiful wife so much, so i apologize when im wrong.
wow you are both blessed.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hey! Long time were hv u been?
Minet16:
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by madridguy(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
May Almighty Allah continue to bless your family with his love.
Guard you from all danger and harm;
deliver you from anger that leads to division. Amin

BCJAY:
thanks bro, i feel relieve a bit for such comment coming from a muslim. I think i should just continue taking it easy although its sometimes frustrating, i believe he doesnt live the true muslim life and as you ask whether he is a muslim or mumeen i think it is MUSLIM tanx.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Am ok.. hw is life wit u?
Minet16:
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by lonelydora: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:

That's why I said sometimes I love my beautiful wife.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by lonelydora: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Timoleon(m): 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:
and what follows after that?

not after...dont miss d point....while making love, we talk...the emotions for conflict gets diverted to love, allowing for clearer mind while we make love.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Would leave d house wen she's barking like a.... grin

Return leta wen she's calm.... Take her in and apologize (even tho she's at fault).

Then on d process of apologizing, would hold and kiss her (while she strugle to push me away firmly)

Then would carry her to bed, move her skirt or gown up, move d pant by d side and giv her a hot sex.....

Sumtyms wud hold her 2hands on d wall wit 1hand, hold her one leg on ma arm as she's standing on d wall then wisper into her ears (I'm sorry lov) then screw her on d wall. Case closed....

As tym passes, she enjoyed it and I noticed dat she wud deliberately provoke me so dat we wud quarrel and I would appologize and giv her such a romantic sex...

It was fun though....

But she was my babe and nt my wife.

You spoil sha
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
timawoku:
I don't really know how we do it, sometimes we can go from 200MPH to 0, last time we were in a heated arguement, I called her 'egyptian coconut', we both looked at ourselves and busted into laughter. Another time, she was on my neck, things got heated up and she came up to me, I told her not to smack her lips again as it was turning me on, she smiled and I grabbed her, we were giggling and you know the rest...

Bottom line is, know how to end a conflict by understanding your partner, not hitting below the belt, respecting one another, as well as making loads of love, its one of the best marriage gifts!
I like this!!! cheesy
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Ishilove: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
timawoku:
I don't really know how we do it, sometimes we can go from 200MPH to 0, last time we were in a heated arguement, I called her 'egyptian coconut', we both looked at ourselves and busted into laughter. Another time, she was on my neck, things got heated up and she came up to me, I told her not to smack her lips again as it was turning me on, she smiled and I grabbed her, we were giggling and you know the rest...

Bottom line is, know how to end a conflict by understanding your partner, not hitting below the belt, respecting one another, as well as making loads of love, its one of the best marriage gifts!
Must be a young marriage
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Lateralmaths(m): 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
True communication is the live wire of any marriage.
The aim of communication should be to get spouses to understand each other and not to prove that one person is wrong and the other is right. In getting your spouse to understand you s/he will see her/his wrong.

To me its not a matter of right or wrong, its a matter of right understanding.
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by timawoku(m): 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ishilove:

Must be a young marriage
not that young babe, we have passed the fight fight stage (first 3 years), we used to fight over everything, I guess we just got tired of everyday fight and we settled for 'understanding'. And it worked! We are well over 5 years now

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by freshdude99(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lateralmaths:
only the married have spouses
God bless ur father abeg

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Ishilove: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
timawoku:
not that young babe, we have passed the fight fight stage (first 3 years), we used to fight over everything, I guess we just got tired of everyday fight and we settled for 'understanding'. And it worked! We are well over 5 years now
That's what happens when you marry your friend smiley
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Gaucho(m): 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Am married and with kids too,it's easier said than done. If you see a romantic text from your wife to another man,you would understand that it's not easy to be married. To settle.conflict depends on the type of conflict,my friends. Marriage isn't child's play,it's for the lion hearted.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by sweetlaw: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
bolajioginni:
Omo na beating your spouse sure passs ooo......

Id..iat
Re: How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
I'm just romantic.... She's married now but she tinks of our happy moments all d time, she calls and remind me all dat sumtyms... Still lukin 4 a gud lady like her tho... grin

I disturb her a lot..

Sex in d kitchen, toilet/batrum, staircase and anywere, especially wen we quarrel and we're making up or anytime we wanna do sumtin difrnt.... cheesy
Elesta:

You spoil sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why The Government Should Review Traditional Marriage Lists / Tired Of My Child’s Dad / How Do You Work It Out With Your Low Libido Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.