Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:33 PM

Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? (21349 Views)

Is It Possible For Parents To Love Their Children Equally? / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by initiator001: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
NOT AT ALL. EVEN GOD DEALS WITH US DIFFERENTLY HOW MUCH
MORE WE HUMANS.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Shine1177: 1:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
I have a girl and a boy. It seems I love my daughter (first born) more but I know my son is my heir (Arole) so I try to shower them love equally. Their mother must have observe it.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by UjSizzle(f): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
Is it possible to love any two people equally?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Chestar5(f): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
For where

Its not possible @ all i come from a family of five children and i have seen its not,

my mumsi loves my brother because he is d only boy and her first child while popsy prefers my sister(our 2nd to d last born), she is his pet, then he gives her more pocket money when she was in uni....but me who knows me cry...me wey b lastborn i dont have any special treatment at all as if i b mistake sad.... embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by princeonx: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
I love my kids equally. I might devote or give more attention to the younger one bcox he's the kid. I might also give him the last candy for that same reason but to me, that doesn't mean I love him more than the older.

But,

You wey ask this yeye question, if you know how they dey measure the love, I go like to see you come up with the answer.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
One problem we humans have is favourites. We have favourites in everything, even our offspring. Parents never admit this but its true. The only time this's irrelevant is a two-child household where the mother loves one and the father the other so its balanced out.

People who state otherwise're either children with no real world experience or people who don't want to accept it happens. Ask those same people if a polygamous father loves all his children from multiple wives equally and watch them fumble while trying to evade the truth.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by BRAV0O(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
Well thumbs up to my mum! She suffer that fate of parents taking one of her siblings 1st at all times that up till today they always find it difficult to get along to an extend her mum last born #gedu at abeokuta tell them openly that he has dis-family them all cus no one loved him (pardon my grammar pls. sad ) so my mum learn from her mum mistake she love all of us equal and no one ever feel neglected and I will also try my possible best to be a best dad to my children by loving them all equally, and love my wife too!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by MARKone(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
It is very possible.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by greatnow: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yes surely as a parent you will love all your kids equally but sometimes something( the kid's character) may make you have a soft spot for that particular kid which will now make it look as if you love that kid more than the rest. ( Just the same I am a man after God's heart, there are kids after parents heart) grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by mamziii(f): 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Parents luv som children more than d odas not because dey want 2 but because of somtin called "love response" some children respond more 2 a parents luv . At times such is not good cos it coses jealousy amongst children.Growing up I noticed my dad showed me more luv than my siblings,I tot it was ok until wen I was about 20 and over heard my much older siblings complaining bitterly on how much partiality my dad shows wen it comes 2me, dat made me 2start distancing myself frm my dad. D kind of love I hav 4 my fada can not just b explained,I luv him so much dat I can give my life 4him. Uptil date my dad still favors me more,y because of d love response, I respond more 2 his love than my siblings. It is possible 2 love one child more than d oda,but d best tin 2do is not make it 2 obvious 4 d oda kids 2 notice. My 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Leyemoshood: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Impossible...the last child is loved more in most cases

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-
available/3
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by bigfrancis21: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
haytripple:
Just curious! I know it is not good to have preference among ones kids but I know parents love one than the other even tough they don't admit.

In practice, some parents can't help but love certain kids more than the others, which depends on a combination of emotional connections. Some children connect emotionally with their parents and some are 'out of tune' with their parents. Also, mothers tend to have this certain reservation in their hearts for their first-born sons (first son who is also the first born) and also the last born (sort of protective love from the older bullying siblings) and fathers tend to have soft spots for their first daughters or daughters in general. Children born in between are on the fence and depending on their character could be preferred by either parent.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by MadCow1: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Never
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by VANENON(f): 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
Its really difficult but its more important to ensure they never know anyone is more loved. wink
The amount of love for each may vary depending on situations and their behaviour at any given time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Leyemoshood: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
Chestar5:
For where

Its not possible @ all i come from a family of five children and i have seen its not,

my mumsi loves my brother because he is d only boy and her first child while popsy prefers my sister(our 2nd to d last born), she is his pet, then he gives her more pocket money when she was in uni....but me who knows me cry...me wey b lastborn i dont have any special treatment at all as if i b mistake sad.... embarassed

Lmao
Maybe no be dem born you tongue
Chestar5:
For where

Lmao
Maybe no be dem born you
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by bokohalal(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
Agbaletu:
Yes, I don't know may be because i have two children (The first is a boy and the last is a girl) that is why it is easier for me to say yes because i love them equally.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Intendy: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
Simply NO
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by bxcode(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
That's not love in any sense of it, that's preference. Love is not partial or selective. Any parents that does not prefer his or her children equally lacks the knowledge of what love is all about.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by PassingShot(m): 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
haytripple:
Just curious! I know it is not good to have preference among ones kids but I know parents love one than the other even tough they don't admit.
I love my children very equally. The amount of love for each may switch depending on situations and behavior at any given time.

Nothing is difficult in it. Just deal with issues in very rational and objective way and you'll realize it's very possible to love them equally.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by menxer: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Even God: Esau I hate, Jacob I love. grin
what offense did Esau commit in the womb?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by bee444: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
It's possible. Scientific research published in the journal Demography shows that the birth of a first and a second child briefly increases the level of their parents' happiness, but that a third child has a negligible effect. Whether it’s a case of favouring the eldest child or preferring one gender, Christine Northam, a counsellor at Relate, says that favouritism is reality in the majority of families.

With the best will in the world, the most loving parents at times feel that one child is giving them a lot of hassle while the other is not. It does go on to a greater or lesser extent in most families but it’s contextual, based on what’s going on at the time in the family. But longer-term favouritism can be extremely damaging, and it’s a parent’s responsibility to regulate themselves and their partner to make sure that one child isn’t given more attention.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Idiataqueen(f): 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Freksy(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
haytripple:

You know this already, but still ask if it's possible.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by anataala: 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
you can only do justice to them equality but not love
haytripple:
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by adanny01(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
neoapocalypse:

What facts are you talking about ? If you love one child more than the other it doesn't mean everybody does that. It breeds disunity amongst your children , if you understand that then you won't love one child more than the other , it's a choice you consciously make.

To love 2 children exactly equally is an impossible thing to me.

Love is always complicated especially as it relates to parent hood. No parent would admit more love for onw child to the other, but they know it in their hearts. I must say this love is not by choice but by preference of individual personalities of each child even if they are perfectly identical.

Dont forget that love is in the heart, what is visible to others as love is actually a choice which the parent may have made, in this case, to prevent disunity.

I have 2 young boys, i love them both, they are very young so their personalities have not been fullly developed. My love for them is derived from their personalities so its not comparable since personalities differ. To complicate things nature has its way, one is close to me and the other to his mother. Sometimes, nature will cause one child to have better personality everything else so making a parents love to tilt to one direction.

If you ask any parent to choose, no one will, but if the devil forces a choice, one will definately be made which will show where the love was in the first place. My neighbour has two children one is an absolute hopeless drunk while the other the very humble boy. They are both above 30 and i dont expect their parents to love them the same but for unity sake they can only try to pretend they are loved equally.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
mamziii:
Parents luv som children more than d odas not because dey want 2 but because of somtin called "love response" some children respond more 2 a parents luv . At times such is not good cos it coses jealousy amongst children.Growing up I noticed my dad showed me more luv than my siblings,I tot it was ok until wen I was about 20 and over heard my much older siblings complaining bitterly on how much partiality my dad shows wen it comes 2me, dat made me 2start distancing myself frm my dad. D kind of love I hav 4 my fada can not just b explained,I luv him so much dat I can give my life 4him. Uptil date my dad still favors me more,y because of d love response, I respond more 2 his love than my siblings. It is possible 2 love one child more than d oda,but d best tin 2do is not make it 2 obvious 4 d oda kids 2 notice. My 2 cents

You sure ur dad is not quaffing you?
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Paradise163(f): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
I'll be back
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
No. Parents don`t love their kids equally. It usually is the first and the last,or the smartest and strongest. The middle kids are always left to themselves. Just showing necessary attention to them and that`s it. The way my mum treats my elder sister is definitely not the way she treats my or my younger sister. But she treats the boys a little better. But who cares? Am the one helping her more now. I don`t like remembering my childhood because of her. sad

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by tjskii(f): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
The way I see it, is that we love them differently, they are individual and unique beings and we can't use the same yardstick to measure our love for them, I love my kids dearly, but I show my love to them in diverse ways undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
What is love sef?
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Sent4rina: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
Sincerely speaking, no parent can love his/her children equally.
Love is emotional, we can't deny it no matter how we pretend to hide it.. Even twins are not loved equally by their parent let alone 4-5 children in a family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage / Expectant Couple Crushed To Death After Waiting For 13years / Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.