Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet (88443 Views)

Odion Ighalo Wins 2015 Goal Nigeria Player Of The Year Award / Nigeria’s Ighalo Wins EPL Player Of The Month Award / Odion Ighalo Wins October’s English Premier League African Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by bassette(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
exxell:
Story..... People stop playing bets! The world is fast evolving. Go and check those that were playing pool back then in the 70s, 80s nd 90s! They are wearing eyeglasses going around in the village doing nothing. While their mates who never believed in quick money were busy hustling. It is this same pool that they now mordenised and took it online!

Punters and Bookies are aware that it takes only one game to spoil your ticket. Not to talk of the very fact that these bookies fix big matches which they know that people will rush to play! The chances of that man winning that ticket is that he raised an odd above 73,000.... Wow... See lies. If you know how odd 2 casts on tickets sef... Not to talk of odd 73,000! Lies from hell. This is just Cheap publicity stunt.

What this bookies do is that once they notice that people are loosing interest in betting due to too much loss, they quickly rush to pay one mechanic to pretend that he won something like 6 000, 000 (Six million)! They will now pay the mechanic something like 300,000 (Three hundred thousand) and warn him to be forever silent. Magas and Mugus in Nigeria will now quickly rush to continue betting! [/no]

If you think am lying, why is it that in every betting centre, you only hear about a mega win once in a while? What happened to the other money people lost?

[b]I was in a betting centre in PHC one day and the man sold tickets worth more than one million in a day! The man is my friend... One week later, I went back and he told me that only one person won 18,000 naira! My question ia now; WHAT HAPPENED TO OVER 978,000 naira? In one person's pocket right?

STOP SEEKING QUICK MONEY... WORK HARD AND BALL! BETTING DEPLETED YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME AND MAY SEND YOU PACKING TO THE VILLAGE... I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LOST MILLIONS IN BETTING. YOU MAY THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTING WITH ONLY 200 naira but if you calculate the 200 naira you lost in a year, it will be more than era,000! Couldnt you have invested it in something worthwhile?

AGAIN, ASK YOURSELF WHY THE OWNER OF NAIRALAND DOESNT ACCEPT ADVERTS FROM BOOKIES! BECAUSE SEUN IS AWARE THAT IT IS VERY RISKY AND CAN KILL!
word brother

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by yinksunghu: 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
since the last 100 days almost all the local, state and federal govts have not awarded contracts.

unemployment is getting deeper, economy is shrinking, stock market is bearish, inflation is skyrocket.

many states are also owing salary they say gambling he said he no want, they said sugar mummy he said he no want they said robbery he said no, they said money ritual he said no but if he sees beautiful houses, beautiful cars he will put his hands on his head lamenting which day it go be my turn?

who told you that those that own those properties waited for their turns? ha ha ha go and queue till it is your turn maybe after 120 years
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by xtreme07(m): 4:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
exxell:
Story..... People stop playing bets! The world is fast evolving. Go and check those that were playing pool back then in the 70s, 80s nd 90s! They are wearing eyeglasses going around in the village doing nothing. While their mates who never believed in quick money were busy hustling. It is this same pool that they now mordenised and took it online!

Punters and Bookies are aware that it takes only one game to spoil your ticket. Not to talk of the very fact that these bookies fix big matches which they know that people will rush to play! The chances of that man winning that ticket is that he raised an odd above 73,000.... Wow... See lies. If you know how odd 2 casts on tickets sef... Not to talk of odd 73,000! Lies from hell. This is just Cheap publicity stunt.

What this bookies do is that once they notice that people are loosing interest in betting due to too much loss, they quickly rush to pay one mechanic to pretend that he won something like 6 000, 000 (Six million)! They will now pay the mechanic something like 300,000 (Three hundred thousand) and warn him to be forever silent. Magas and Mugus in Nigeria will now quickly rush to continue betting!

If you think am lying, why is it that in every betting centre, you only hear about a mega win once in a while? What happened to the other money people lost?

I was in a betting centre in PHC one day and the man sold tickets worth more than one million in a day! The man is my friend... One week later, I went back and he told me that only one person won 18,000 naira! My question ia now; WHAT HAPPENED TO OVER 978,000 naira? In one person's pocket right?

STOP SEEKING QUICK MONEY... WORK HARD AND BALL! BETTING DEPLETED YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME AND MAY SEND YOU PACKING TO THE VILLAGE... I KNOW PEOPLE WHO LOST MILLIONS IN BETTING. YOU MAY THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTING WITH ONLY 200 naira but if you calculate the 200 naira you lost in a year, it will be more than 100,000! Couldnt you have invested it in something worthwhile?

AGAIN, ASK YOURSELF WHY THE OWNER OF NAIRALAND DOESNT ACCEPT ADVERTS FROM BOOKIES! BECAUSE SEUN IS AWARE THAT IT IS VERY RISKY AND CAN KILL!
wow!
You are damn right bro!
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by anigold(m): 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
Axeurdaddy:
A Professor of Computer Engineering at the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Godwin Ighalo, has won the sum of N58,945,553, after placing bets with N800 in 1960Bet.

It is the biggest sum ever won in the history of sports betting in Nigeria. The sexagenarian accomplished the feat after placing bets on two different bet slips of N500 and N300.

On the N500 ticket, Prof Ighalo won N36,840,971.25 while the N300 slip won him N22,104,582.75. Ighalo, who was accompanied by two of his relatives, on Wednesday, received his cheque at the head office of the country’s top sports betting company in Lagos.

On how he was able to achieve the feat, Ighalo said,
“Since my childhood days, I used to have strong
interests in probability, relationships and special
intelligence. All these with adequate sports betting research I conducted over the years, helped in making it possible.”

He hailed 1960BET for their honesty and commitment to their customers, adding he was sure he would be paid his money in full by the sports betting company, despite doubts in some quarters that they won’t be able to pay.

He said, “I was sure the company would pay if I win. I have tried in the past without winning and always believe that one day luck will shine on me.
“There were a lot of people out there who expressed doubts on whether they will be able to pay the money, but 1960Bet has demonstrated that they are a reliable sports betting company with this prompt payment. Immediately I arrived at their office, they called me in and the money was paid into my account.”

The Managing Director of 1960BET, Mr Dotun
Ajegbile, said the company, with the prompt payment of the money, has enhanced its position as the most consistent sports betting firm in Nigeria.

“Now it is clear that 1960BET is the most consistent, having paid more winnings in the history of sports betting in Nigeria; we have been paying since 2010.
We have made it top priority in the new season to honour all transactions online and retail while
guaranteeing the best odds at all times and undiluted gaming excitement in all our shops.”

www.punchng.com/sports/university-don-wins-n58-9m-in-sports-bet/

Dont be deceived this may be a publicity stunts... I dont believe it...

They should post the bet details... Not showing us a fake cheque...

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Luizkid(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
call me doubting thomas, but until I see his Betslips i won't believe this story just yet
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by walexy1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
I won't be tempted to become a gambler. No!!!

I just love what you said, and can't but quote you, pardon me please.
This is actually the intent of the whole show; convince people to gamble more.
I won't be surprised after now seeing an influx of gamblers in the next few days, all with dashing hope of hiting it big, shinning and strowling to the bank to partake in the 'national' cake.

I refuse to be moved by this sight, though very interesting, I will never gamble

1 Like

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
rusher14:

Honestly speaking it is uncalled for but funny grin
how funny does it sound?this yellow bar man.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by dmuchwells(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
Na lie they want people to start playing 1960bet...pls don't be deceive
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by nbisi: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
@ kestolove95 woteva u called urself y dragging Igbo into dis...r dey d only 419's in naija? Igbo dis Igbo dat....nawa oooo
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by christinie(f): 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Never! Thanks.
walexy1:

I just love what you said, and can't but quote you, pardon me please.
This is actually the intent of the whole show; convince people to gamble more.
I won't be surprised after now seeing an influx of gamblers in the next few days, all with dashing hope of hiting it big, shinning and strowling to the bank to partake in the 'national' cake.

I refuse to be moved by this sight, though very interesting, I will never gamble
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Beedude(m): 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
........ It's a lie with the estimated amount. So, you are telling us that his odds was 73681.9 on 500 naira stake and 73681.9 odds for 300 stake respectively. It's not only fallacious in nature but also a way of misleading innocent Nigerians to patronize their company. I am telling you from experience that the 360bet is just promoting her betting site, and coming from this perspective of public deceit is very sardonic. Gracia!!!
U get it right bro.. Sport bet isn't bab ijebu .. Not possible to win 58m with 800nair even if u be Paul Octopus the second.. This is misleading. Pls beware
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Atmmachine(m): 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Kestolove95, is an ugly bastard from kogi recently bursted. His pictures are here. He is currently one the run, he burgled someone's guest house and stole an LCD tv.

https://www.facebook.com/public/Kesto-Love

Lol
There are many kesto love on the list.
Which one of em is kesto ??
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by possibilita(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
otabuko:
Bros.... Calm down, we the real core bet men know say na lie.... The lie sef na plenty one... To get such odd would entail having about 17 to 22 games.... If he like make he be computer na lie 1960bet dey peddle...
its possible depending on d kind of game especially d halftime/fulltime result 4 accumulators can give u such odd but d probability of winning d game is just too tiny say 1/10
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
Lol
babe let relate na,drop ur email.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by iswallker(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
........ It's a lie with the estimated amount. So, you are telling us that his odds was 73681.9 on 500 naira stake and 73681.9 odds for 300 stake respectively. It's not only fallacious in nature but also a way of misleading innocent Nigerians to patronize their company. I am telling you from experience that the 360bet is just promoting her betting site, and coming from this perspective of public deceit is very sardonic. Gracia!!!

Pictures are not clear too. It's a scam...
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by emeka123123: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sharp pictures abi wink

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by emeka123123: 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
NIGERIALOLoCOM:
MANY WILL FALL PREY TO THIS PUBLICITY STUNT (LIES). ANYONE EXPERIENCED IN GAMING ODDS KNOWS THESE ARE LIES FABRICATED TO DRIVE POTENTIAL GAMERS TO 1960BET.

NOW READ CAREFULLY THE QUOTED STATEMENTS BELOW.

You cant hope to see the sun if you dont open your eyes, obviously the reporter was referring to the dummy cheque presentation, if even misapplied, doesnt in anyway erode the truth behind this landmark achievement.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by emeka123123: 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
atakamus:
I am afraid this is a fraud to deceive people. This 1960Bet idiots have not been able to pay me 5000 naira that I won with them for over 3 months. When you call them most times they will not answer my call. If they even manage to answer, they will be asking for my account number. I have sent my account number to them more than 10 times. My account number with them is 478120. For them to claim they have paid a professor that just won a bet and keep telling me that my payment is in the line for over 3 months means that something is wrong somewhere.
One of the customer care person opened up to me that they have issue with payment of winnings. They should stop deceiving people. They are Idiots Period.

@Fromtexas,

yours had been an issue that bordered on whether truly you had gotten your money from your bank or not, I would have a look at this tomorrow and revert, I can assure you we will have it resolved tomorrow...cool now? wink
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by emeka123123: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
Davryme:

Boss u r wrong....u shld hv found out wat he played.......His games ws full time draws...wc carries most of d tym 3.00 odds......i knw of a man nd his frnds who played 7 draws wit N100 nd won 1.2m+.......so imagine placin 500 bet on dt same 7 draws....d prof games ws 9 full time draws....u cld experiment it witout playin it via der site like bet9ja.....select 9 draws nd type N500 u wil see ur possible winnings

Thanks for shedding more light on the issue. All 1960Bet shops had been aware that the MAXIMUM WINNINGS ON A SINGLE TICKET IS N40MILLION . . .This University don got 2 tickets valued at N800 (N500 and another N300), same selections (9), all draws . . .and it came through for him, how hard can that be to believe?
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by donjoewizy(m): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Axeurdaddy:
A Professor of Computer Engineering at the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Godwin Ighalo, has won the sum of N58,945,553, after placing bets with N800 in 1960Bet.

It is the biggest sum ever won in the history of sports betting in Nigeria. The sexagenarian accomplished the feat after placing bets on two different bet slips of N500 and N300.

On the N500 ticket, Prof Ighalo won
N36,840,971.25 while the N300 slip won him N22,104,582.75. Ighalo, who was accompanied by two of his relatives, on Wednesday, received his cheque at the head office of the country’s top sports betting company in Lagos.

On how he was able to achieve the feat, Ighalo said,
“Since my childhood days, I used to have strong
interests in probability, relationships and special
intelligence. All these with adequate sports betting research I conducted over the years, helped in making it possible.”

He hailed 1960BET for their honesty and commitment to their customers, adding he was sure he would be paid his money in full by the sports betting company, despite doubts in some quarters that they won’t be able to pay.

He said, “I was sure the company would pay if I win. I have tried in the past without winning and always believe that one day luck will shine on me.
“There were a lot of people out there who expressed doubts on whether they will be able to pay the money, but 1960Bet has demonstrated that they are a reliable sports betting company
with this prompt payment. Immediately I arrived at their office, they called me in and the money was paid into my account.”

The Managing Director of 1960BET, Mr Dotun
Ajegbile, said the company, with the prompt payment of the money, has enhanced its position as the most consistent sports betting firm in Nigeria.

“Now it is clear that 1960BET is the most consistent, having paid more winnings in the history of sports betting in Nigeria; we have been paying since 2010.
We have made it top priority in the new season to honour all transactions online and retail while
guaranteeing the best odds at all times and undiluted gaming excitement in all our shops.”

www.punchng.com/sports/university-don-wins-n58-9m-in-sports-bet/

My HOD back in the uni days...I am going to get my share...lol
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by kayone6237(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
Its a big lie, no matter how much u stake with in 1960bets, the highest money u can win is 10million. How come 54million. That's advertising by trick

Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by emeka123123: 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
donjoewizy:

My HOD back in the uni days...I am going to get my share...lol

somebody go soon come here come talk say na lie, u sef u no go 'PROPER' school, na jelosinmi you go ...LOL grin
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by EbuGeneral(m): 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
Hear d manager name..mr dotun..God safe u sai na yoruba man...if to sai na igbo man...I die if u go even see 500K...ibos and 419 b like car and petrol
Tunda fire you. ewu ohia
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by karleone(m): 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
It's no lie my dear. Right now I have a ticket with odd clocking forty sumtin thousand and a possible return of 7million and. Just pray for me to win it, then I'll send you some cut.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by atakamus: 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
emeka123123:

@Fromtexas,

yours had been an issue that bordered on whether truly you had gotten your money from your bank or not, I would have a look at this tomorrow and revert, I can assure you we will have it resolved tomorrow...cool now? wink

My guy I will only be cool if I see the money. I promise I will open my laptop and tell Nigerians that I have been paid after 3 months.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by fromnigeria(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
Davryme:

my Advise......go to der head office.......i hd similar issue...after 3months commicatin via mails wit der usual response yet d payment ws nt made.....i went to der office.....d nxt dy...made ma withdrw nd it ws successful....
Thanks Bro!!! Am just sick and tired of the delay.
Btw, their head is in lagos and am in Delta State. Pls what other means can i apply to help the situation.
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by mkoabiola: 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
londongal03:
For real he said is betnaija or what
If he won dat millions witout hm telling u ,u will knw
Btw hw much dd he gav u frn d 12million
Gal,bet nja no eazy lik dat oooooo
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by tefund(m): 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dottore:
Good luck to him. 1960bet in a reverse campaign to encourage people to come and fund their loss. We understand
exactly,thousands of online customers are complaing of not being paid .
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by scentmarlc(m): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
Axeurdaddy:

He's a professor of Computer Engineering, obviously he has a strong knowledge of Statistics as well. That's what helped him make the correct permutations I think

Ehmmmmmmmm.......my dear, it doesn't work like dat ooooo. Let kabiru the gambler come and explain it to you grin
Re: Professor Ighalo Wins N58Million In Sports Bet by Tonynelson(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
diplomat51:
I laugh u ooo na big true life story and life changing for the prof oooo see the slip here

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Central African Republic : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 10th Oct 2021 / Stephen Keshi And His Children At Wife’s Funeral / See What Torres Received As Prize After Friendly Match With Super Eagles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.