Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1235406 members, 1643590 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 April 2014 at 07:31 PM

Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer - Ethnic/Racial Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic/Racial Politics / Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer (10640 Views)

Igbo Men Suffer From Acute Nosiness Bytching And Bytchassness Syndrome (ANBBS) / What Positive Thing Can A Foreigner Say About Nigeria As A Result Of Knowing U? / Why Would You Want To Marry A White? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by naliakar: 2:48am On Apr 01, 2009
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by tpia: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2009
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by Aloy.Emeka: 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2009
It’s 11.45am at the Deepwest Resort Club. Anthony Chinedu and Joyce Akinyi, the estranged couple exchange bitter words and a blow is thrown to mark a return to their feuding ways.And this time, the feud is about property.

Ms Akinyi, who only two days ago arrived in the country after a spell in an Indian jail, announced her return with a dramatic confrontation with her estranged Nigerian husband, Chinedu.
The scene, reminiscent of the famous love-hate scenes of Nigerian movies so popular in Kenyan, lasted the better part of Tuesday.

The supporting cast of Kenyans followed every unfolding scene from the fence of the club at the centre of ownership tussle between the couple. It was a free movie after all, and not even verbal threats from Akinyi’s male relatives would force wananchi to leave the scene.

Journalists, eager to capture every move, clicked their cameras away, recording every action.

The daylight drama was the climax of a night-long standoff the previous day when Akinyi stormed the club to reclaim it from an investor Mr Chinedu apparently leased it. Things happen while you are away.

A police operation that lasted four hours curtain-raised the main drama. Lang’ata police officer Patrick Mang’oli, said: “We were looking for anything and everything, including drugs.”

The goods — motorcycle tyres and tubes removed from the room and strewn on the parking yard — were clearly not what police were after. Still, they were screened for drugs and turned inside out — in vain.

All the while the protagonists, Akinyi and Chinedu, sat at opposite ends of the club. Chinedu at a tent facing the entrance where Akinyi was. With three male companions, Chinedu seemed unmoved, while Akinyi talked, occasionally, with the police carrying out the search.

Kenya Revenue Authority

Two cars were also towed away from the parking lot, destination Kenya Revenue Authority, for investigation on whether duty was paid. Similarly, the tyres and tubes were loaded into a KRA lorry. “Akinyi will want to use every opportunity to fix me. What have they got?” asked Chinedu, as the police left.

The exit of police heralded another round of drama, with Chinedu saying: “Akinyi should have looked for me. Storming the place was the most unfortunate thing she should have done,” he said.

But Akinyi, who had declined to be interviewed, paced towards Chinedu and proceeded to slap him on the head. Her relatives, however, restrained her

“Share what? I cannot share my property with him. Where is the evidence (of joint ownership)?” fumed Akinyi. She accused Chinedu of illegally leasing out the property which she said was hers.

A composed Chinedu laughed off the verbal tirade. He was unmoved and remained seated as she yelled.

“I’m back and he should know he will not succeed in his schemes. He took advantage of my absence but now I’ll take what’s mine,” declared Akinyi, whose flair for English language was impressive.

The Nigerian at the centre of a deportation court battle said the only solution was sharing property. He vowed never to surrender all his property, saying that even if he were deported, he would still claim part of the wealth.

The rival couple has court cases relating to their various properties and custody of their two children.

After she calmed down, Akinyi talked of her experience in India. She said apart from lack of freedom, she found the prison comfortable. “Indian jails are wonderful. There’s water and food and they are not congested. You get everything,” she said.
Do they deport Nigerians from kenya too? by ship or canoe? tongue
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by naliakar: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2009
Seems to be a couple that made their wealth dubiously and cannot-now that they are estranged-agree on how to share. Looks vicious from the clip below. Brothers better marry our own Igbo girls. They are less problematic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO1Z3xt_YIg&feature=related
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by tpia: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by naliakar: 12:28am On Apr 05, 2009
"are you Igbo? I thought you were kenyan.

If i were the guy, I'd try to make peace with the woman sha."

Tpia

I am as igbo as they come but lived in Kenya for three years. Nice place. Would you make peace with a woman after she makes a spectacle of her affair with a government minister and uses your alien status to wright her wrongs? Not an Igbo man.
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by tpia: 1:04am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by Aloy.Emeka: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2009
Tpia

I am as igbo as they come but lived in Kenya for three years. Nice place. Would you make peace with a woman after she makes a spectacle of her affair with a government minister and uses your alien status to wright her wrongs? Not an Igbo man.
I didn't know somebody will be breaking his neck to get a permanent immigration status in kenya. For wetin?
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by Good Girl: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2009
naliakar:

Seems to be a couple that made their wealth dubiously and cannot-now that they are estranged-agree on how to share. Looks vicious from the clip below. Brothers better marry our own Igbo girls. They are less problematic

@ naliakar
I have reason to believe that when Chinedu met Akinyi and decided to marry her, he did that for the same reason he would have met an Igbo girl and married her. By telling your 'Igbo brothers' to stick to their own simply because of this Chinedu-Akinyi case is a bit unintelligent. I agree with you that this woman has taken Chinedu through hell, but then again, even an Igbo woman can. I do not honestly believe that they are less problematic. Having said that, Akinyi is just one [b]WILD [/b]woman, I always wonder where Chinedu met her!

If I were you, I would not come to the conclusion that marrying a 'foreigner' equates to 'suffering'. I know more Igbo men that are happy with their Kenyan wives than those that are not. Chinedu just got unlucky. Their failed marriage was amongst other factors, a result of Akinyi's greed, both financially and sexually. . . . oops! I really wouldn't say that she is a representation of what happens when an Igbo man (or any other for that matter) marries a Kenyan woman.

I remember jokingly telling my sister that this Akinyi woman should just leave Chinedu for me . . . .  grin grin. . . . That way, he would then get another picture of "the Kenyan woman".
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by tpiah: 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2009
Do Africans know the meaning of no-fault divorce? Where people still remain on talking terms even after splitting up? Without all the drama and whatnot.

or is that an oyibo thing?
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by naliakar: 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
Chinedu wants resort sold and proceeds shared
By The East African Standard

Updated 4 hr(s) 31 min(s) ago

A Nigerian embroiled in a property tussle with his estranged wife wants the assets sold and the money shared between them.

Mr Anthony Chinedu wants the Deep West Resort wound up and the proceeds shared between him and Ms Joyce Akinyi.

Chinedu says his relationship with Akinyi has irretrievably broken down.

He says he and Akinyi are the only shareholders and directors of the resort, which was incorporated to earn an income for the family.

He, therefore, argues since the marriage is broken beyond repair, the resort should be wound up and proceeds shared.

He has accused Akinyi of interfering with possession of the resort, vandalising the building and stealing money from the business.

In the application, Chinedu says since Akinyi began an affair with former Budalang’i MP Raphael Wanjala, she has locked him out of the family business.

Broken trust

He also says he can no longer trust Akinyi with the business and that he is ready to compensate her for any loss suffered if the company is wound up.

Through his advocate, Mr Nelson Havi, Chinedu says Akinyi’s conduct has cast doubt on her integrity in running and managing the company.

"Because of lack of faith and trust among the shareholders, it is fair to wind up the business and assets distributed to the shareholders," he told the court.

Commercial Court Judge Joyce Khaminwa certified the matter urgent and ordered Chinedu to serve the suit on Akinyi before setting for a hearing date, next Wednesday.

Chinedu also says Akinyi has on several occasions declined to negotiate with him on resolving the dispute out of court.
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by leah M.: 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2010
I am a Kenyan of the same tribe as Chinedu's wife. I do not believe that it is standard to suffer when married to a foreigner. Infact she is just one among sooooooooo many who are married to Nigerian nationals and Igbos for that matter.
I think every marriage has its drama and this was definitely one of theirz - the only problem is how they handled their problem.
I am in a happy relationship with an Igbo man - infact i don't think i would ever turn back because he completes the equation of rships, love, marriage and family.
So just to encourage the Igbo people, this is just one of the many marriage sagas you hear among all those, the difference is just that this one was publicized. Infact in Kenya they say the Luoz - which is our tribe - are the sisters and brothers of nigerians because their culture, way of life and lifestyle are just one and the same thing wink. The only difference is the language they speak and the accent they use grin.
So go ahead and get a luo for yourself - you will definitely be ecstatic with the chemistry between luoz and igboz.
Re: Chinedu And His Kenyan Wife/ Why Marry A Foreigner To Suffer by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 30, 2011
naliakar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO1Z3xt_YIg&feature=related

riiight. Nigerians involved in cross-cultural relationships are NEVER to blame when issues arise. you are sooo right! tongue tongue mschew!

(0) (Reply)

Which Tribe Has Prettiest Female In Nigeria ? / Origins Of African People/ Diversity In Africa/Picture Thread / Prettiest Mixed Blacks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.